How many accounts do you have?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Biff.5312" said:

>

> > People use multiple accounts for daily login rewards, time-gated crafting, gem store freebies, events such as the Halloween JP for the annual one-time cobs and lunar new year for envelopes, and so on. They provide a means to gather wealth without having to put as much effort as someone would to grind gold.

>

> Am I missing something? Aren't the chest rewards it all non-transferable stuff? And to make time-gated mats you need account-bound mats, so you can't just transfer goods from one account to the other to make the time-gated items with. I don't get how this works.

Two things that I get out of it. The laurels which I use to buy Tier 6 crafting material bags and open them, and the mystic coins. The contents of the bags (rare materials) and the mystic coins are transferable.

If I assume 1 laurel is ~1g and mystic coins are ~1g

than for 1 account on a whole login cycle ...20 coins and 55 laurels. As prices fluxuate, it still averages about 70g.

I have 7 accounts, and 7 accounts times 70g is 490g. That's simply from logging in for a second and grabbing the reward chest.

At most logging into all 7 takes a total of 10 minutes max.

The login cycle is 28 days.

28 x 10 minutes = 280 minutes

280/60 = 4.67 hours

490 gold/4.67 hours = 104.9 gold/hour

Obviously I don't dedicate myself to farming. I just play casually and probably frequent the forums more than the game. But over half a year without effort I can buy a legendary.

1 account this time but I had 10 accounts in GW1, originally I was going to merge my Factions expansion into Proph and Nightfall account but I had no idea how to add the 3rd exp code into my main account... and I had no credit card aswell for purchasing character slots back then. :disappointed:

I used to play with atleast 3 and even 4 accounts at the same time in combat, which was a challenge but was really fun, I can't imagine how hard it will be controlling more than 1 account in GW2, :lol:

Usually I had the 10 accounts because I love dressing up my characters. And each account in GW1 had the most expensive armor sets, Vabbian and Obsidian for each profession per account. So I literally were showing off my characters standing in popular places, dancing with my black dyed expensive armors for each profession, aahhh.. good times, :D

GW2 is a bit different, I thankfully only got 1 account but I maxed out the character slots with 71 slots. Hopefully more to come! :)

I admire you who has more than 1 account in GW2, it's a bit challenge but most of the people I've met who has more than 1 account are just using them for easy farms, daily, PvP farms or other things.

I am too used to having almost all dyes, good account bonuses, tons of skins, outfits, and mounts, and the other goodies that come from a long-played account. Having to hop around accounts to "farm" them would be a major bore. The game is generous enough with character slot amounts that I am highly unlikely to ever be unable to just add another alt to my account, I am only in the low 20's of alts now.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

>

> > People use multiple accounts for daily login rewards, time-gated crafting, gem store freebies, events such as the Halloween JP for the annual one-time cobs and lunar new year for envelopes, and so on. They provide a means to gather wealth without having to put as much effort as someone would to grind gold.

>

> Am I missing something? Aren't the chest rewards it all non-transferable stuff? And to make time-gated mats you need account-bound mats, so you can't just transfer goods from one account to the other to make the time-gated items with. I don't get how this works.

Things like deldrimor ingots and Elonian squares are not account bound. You transfer the materials to make the time-gated material and then craft the next step (e.g. ingots, squares) which you can transfer.

Laurels are account bound but can be exchanged for mat bags that contain mats which are not.

I have two. My second account will turn five in 188 days so I have had it a while. I spent some money and time on it back in the first year or so and the characters have permanent harvesting tools and copper-fed salvage kits as well as some gem store outfits. Some got to level 80. It is just the base game though and I doubt if I will upgrade it. These days, it feels really primitive without shared inventory, gliding, mounts and automatic loot collection. I don't bother with logging in for the dailies though I usually log in for the story chapters 'just in case'. It is useful mainly in that I have left some of the characters parked at the top of some dreaded vistas so I can 'join' them with my main account to save frustration. Other than that, it was a waste of money and I wouldn't recommend it.

Two. I have two accounts.

Well, I started playing GW2 shortly after launch. And sometime during 2013 I created my own one-man guild, like some folks I know. I even earned my Treasure Trove and have really enjoyed having it and the Guild Stash (those extra 150 bank slots are NICE!) :sunglasses:

Anyway, one day a guy that also had a one-man guild (and I forget his name, I'm sorry), came to the forums begging for advice. You see... in addition to his one-man guild, he belonged to other guilds too. And he would regularly switch between them regarding what guild he was representing. But one fateful day when he tried to change which guild he was representing, he mistakenly **LEFT** his one-man guild. (He clicked the wrong dam button.)

The Problem: upon clicking to leave a guild, if you are the only/last person in the guild, GW2 was (or maybe even still "is") coded to **DELETE** the guild and all its contents if no one remains in the guild. There is no delay-time; it deletes the guild Johnny on the Spot. Many of us tried to help him with suggestions, but, ultimately, he was told by CS - "It's gone. And there's nothing they could do to get it back." This poor guy lost an extreme portion of what he had acquired in GW2. He knew it was _his_ mistake/his mis-click, but it sadden him so much that he said he was leaving the game due to this situation. He thanked everybody that tried to help and he left.

Just before the old forums were retired, I searched to see if he ever posted again, but... he had not. (My heart wept twice for this guy... :heartbreak: :disappointed:)

A few days after the above tragic situation occurred, I bought a second copy of GW2 from BestBuy just to have another account in my one-man guild. So if I ever clicked the wrong button and left my one-man guild by mistake, the same unfortunate situation would not befall me.

Wherever you are, brother, I hope you found another game to play and have been having a blast! :smile:

Cheers to you!

I bought an extra normal account and one Special Edition during the supersale, right before the release of HoT (and GW2 vanilla going F2P). I'm using them only to collect daily login rewards and unlock the new chapters. GW2 has so much to do that I'm good with my main account. Still I'm happy I got them so cheap during that sale :)

I have 4 accounts, 3 of which I get the daily login and they also farm my nearly full home instance on my main account as well as farming 3 different guild halls of various levels. All accounts own both HoT and PoF.

My main account has 26 characters. What can I say, I'm an altoholic.

I had 7 accounts in the MMO that I played before, 'cause you needed to farm a lot to keep up with the others. But I got bored of it, since it wasn't funny anymore, but rather a second job. I only created 1 account here and I'm focused on just enjoying the game, rather than farming.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

>

>

Was kinda confused by that one myself.. the only thing I can think is mystic coins and using laurels to buy mats from vendor and transferring them or the gold from selling them.

Seems a labour intensive way to make coin.. login x amount of times, get reward go to vendor, buy crafting bags, list/xfer, wait to sell, login again pick up sales, xfer winnings. Finally get to login the account it all goes to . Nah I would rather just login go run around a map to farm what I need, do a puzzle, run some events, kill stuff and generally use my time to have some fun. Some players just like to turn their gaming habits into working habits.. but each to their own.

I only have 2 and play both as much as i can. I just bought PoF on my 2nd account and actually really enjoying my play through. It feels fresh again, but oh boy, i forgot how hard it is getting stuff done without mount masteries maxed out lol. Once you get used to having them then being thrown back to beginning feels really weird. It was the same when I got HoT on my 2nd account and had to get all the gliding and other masteries masteries from scratch, but surprisingly i'm enjoying it :)

I bought a second account for my partner at the time but she never played anyway. Now that we're separated I decided to use the second account just to get login rewards (for extra gold income). I started a new toon and it was kinda fun to start completely fresh but then I realized how many perks I'm missing (things I've gotten used to on my main account like auto-loot). Maybe I'll give the account to a neice or nephew if they ever show interest. At least they'll have a nice headstart with some perks built up (unlocked living world chapters for example).

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Seems a labour intensive way to make coin.. login x amount of times, get reward go to vendor, buy crafting bags, list/xfer, wait to sell, login again pick up sales, xfer winnings. Finally get to login the account it all goes to . Nah I would rather just login go run around a map to farm what I need, do a puzzle, run some events, kill stuff and generally use my time to have some fun. Some players just like to turn their gaming habits into working habits.. but each to their own.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Two things that I get out of it. The laurels which I use to buy Tier 6 crafting material bags and open them, and the mystic coins. The contents of the bags (rare materials) and the mystic coins are transferable.

> If I assume 1 laurel is ~1g and mystic coins are ~1g

>

> than for 1 account on a whole login cycle ...20 coins and 55 laurels. As prices fluxuate, it still averages about 70g.

>

> I have 7 accounts, and 7 accounts times 70g is 490g. That's simply from logging in for a second and grabbing the reward chest.

>

> At most logging into all 7 takes a total of 10 minutes max.

>

> The login cycle is 28 days.

>

> 28 x 10 minutes = 280 minutes

>

> 280/60 = 4.67 hours

>

> 490 gold/4.67 hours = 104.9 gold/hour

>

>

> Obviously I don't dedicate myself to farming. I just play casually and probably frequent the forums more than the game. But over half a year without effort I can buy a legendary.

>

For when the time comes to collect the loot for my main account:

* All my alt account chars are standing in front of the laurel merchant. I will buy and open the T6 bags

* The mystic coins are on the character.

* All of the T6 and mystic coins will take 2 emails total to send to my main (of of these goods are transferable)

* Each account might take ~2 minutes to do this at most once a month, so across 7 accounts ~14 minutes total

* Once I have sent all the mats and coins to my main, I will either store or sell. I can do instant or list, but this part takes a max of 5 minutes

* Totals to be about 20 minutes to collect ~490 gold.

I won't even factor this time in with the other figures because I was too excessive with how much time I said it would take, as I multibox.

This is about 500 gold for less than 5 hours of labor spread across the whole month.

This allows me to do lots of other things without worrying about gold farming, or do almost nothing at all and still buy a legendary twice a year.

I would never make a game into a job, and if the game was a job, I believe I am skating through it. Sorry for the comma splicing, I was never good at english.

> Obviously I don't dedicate myself to farming. I just play casually and probably frequent the forums more than the game. But over half a year without effort I can buy a legendary.

>

I see. For myself, I wouldn't go to that much trouble. But I can see the point.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

>

> > Obviously I don't dedicate myself to farming. I just play casually and probably frequent the forums more than the game. But over half a year without effort I can buy a legendary.

> >

>

> I see. For myself, I wouldn't go to that much trouble. But I can see the point.

Oh, its ok. Im not evangelizing people to multi-account. Everyone has their own methods.

I was just explaining how I can make about 500 gold easily a month for less than 10 minutes a day **total**

That is literally my only justification for having this many.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

>

> > Seems a labour intensive way to make coin.. login x amount of times, get reward go to vendor, buy crafting bags, list/xfer, wait to sell, login again pick up sales, xfer winnings. Finally get to login the account it all goes to . Nah I would rather just login go run around a map to farm what I need, do a puzzle, run some events, kill stuff and generally use my time to have some fun. Some players just like to turn their gaming habits into working habits.. but each to their own.

>

>

> > Two things that I get out of it. The laurels which I use to buy Tier 6 crafting material bags and open them, and the mystic coins. The contents of the bags (rare materials) and the mystic coins are transferable.

> > If I assume 1 laurel is ~1g and mystic coins are ~1g

> >

> > than for 1 account on a whole login cycle ...20 coins and 55 laurels. As prices fluxuate, it still averages about 70g.

> >

> > I have 7 accounts, and 7 accounts times 70g is 490g. That's simply from logging in for a second and grabbing the reward chest.

> >

> > At most logging into all 7 takes a total of 10 minutes max.

> >

> > The login cycle is 28 days.

> >

> > 28 x 10 minutes = 280 minutes

> >

> > 280/60 = 4.67 hours

> >

> > 490 gold/4.67 hours = 104.9 gold/hour

> >

> >

> > Obviously I don't dedicate myself to farming. I just play casually and probably frequent the forums more than the game. But over half a year without effort I can buy a legendary.

> >

>

> For when the time comes to collect the loot for my main account:

>

> * All my alt account chars are standing in front of the laurel merchant. I will buy and open the T6 bags

> * The mystic coins are on the character.

> * All of the T6 and mystic coins will take 2 emails total to send to my main (of of these goods are transferable)

> * Each account might take ~2 minutes to do this at most once a month, so across 7 accounts ~14 minutes total

> * Once I have sent all the mats and coins to my main, I will either store or sell. I can do instant or list, but this part takes a max of 5 minutes

> * Totals to be about 20 minutes to collect ~490 gold.

>

> I won't even factor this time in with the other figures because I was too excessive with how much time I said it would take, as I multibox.

>

> This is about 500 gold for less than 5 hours of labor spread across the whole month.

>

> This allows me to do lots of other things without worrying about gold farming, or do almost nothing at all and still buy a legendary twice a year.

>

> I would never make a game into a job, and if the game was a job, I believe I am skating through it. Sorry for the comma splicing, I was never good at english.

Looks to me like you already are making it a second job.. but like I said each to their own.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

>

> Looks to me like you already are making it a second job.. but like I said each to their own.

10 minutes a day is not a second job **for me**. Its not 10 minutes per account per day.

**It is 10 minutes total....max.**

But if you think **10 minutes a day** to harvest 500 gold at the end of the month is a second job, then ok. **To each their own.**

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> >

> > Looks to me like you already are making it a second job.. but like I said each to their own.

>

> 10 minutes a day is not a second job **for me**. Its not 10 minutes per account per day.

>

> **It is 10 minutes total....max.**

>

> But if you think **10 minutes a day** to harvest 500 gold at the end of the month is a second job, then ok. **To each their own.**

I guess you missed the point.. whoosh I guess :)