How to handle event and boss timers?

MrHunter.2396

i'm making an app with information about Guild Wars 2 as part of a school assignment. I've already integrated some API-endpoints, and now I'm thinking of putting an event timer into my app. As far as I know, there is no endpoint for starting times of events. i'm kinda confused on how to get started on the timers.

Do they jus spawn every 2 hours? How do timers like GW2timer.com hadle this stuff.

I've already googled around a bit and haven't really found anything, neither on these forums or on some other random forum. So if i missed something please point me to it.

Also this is my first post in these forums, so i don't know if it's under the right section since it's technically not a question about the api.

Every event listed on the [Event Timer](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers) on the wiki is scheduled: it happens at the same times every day. There's nothing in the API because the timing is fixed for these activities. The Karka Queen, for example, happens three times a day.

Events that are triggered also don't have start|stop times in the API because they can vary, depending on what happens in the specific instance. For example, the defense of any Orrian temple (in the vanilla zones) depends on whether the pact successfully took that temple earlier in that zone. Back before megaservers, ANet did make available via the API what events were live; this made it easier to figure out where one might guest to find those events (or find where they had completed, e.g. to gain access to the obsidian vendor at Balthazar's temple or to enter CoE or CoF dungeons).

> @"MrHunter.2396" said:

> Thanks a lot for the info. What you explained Is what I assumed but I wasn't quite sure.

>

> Do you know of a list somewhere, where the frequency of these events are listed? Or do I just have to monitor the timers for a while to get that info?

This was the original source.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:World_boss#Full_list_of_World_Event_schedule.2C_as_of_17_june_2014

> @"Leablo.2651" said:

> > @"MrHunter.2396" said:

> > Thanks a lot for the info. What you explained Is what I assumed but I wasn't quite sure.

> >

> > Do you know of a list somewhere, where the frequency of these events are listed? Or do I just have to monitor the timers for a while to get that info?

>

> This was the original source.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:World_boss#Full_list_of_World_Event_schedule.2C_as_of_17_june_2014

>

Sorry for my late response.

Thanks a lot for that link! That info is amazing for the core Tyria bosses, and definetly enough to get me started with my timer.