ascended gear

Easiest way to start is by getting trinkets/accessories. You can buy them with laurels or with Fractal relics. You can also get ascended accessories and back items (with HoT stats, such as Viper) from the Living World Season 3 maps; you'll need to farm Unbound Magic (found in all of those Season 3 maps) and the map-specific currency for the map you'll be buying the accessory from.

Rings, Backpieces, Accessories, and Amulets are all easy to get if you have any of the Living Story Season 3 maps unlocked (Bitterfrost Frontier, Bloodstone Fen, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay, the one next to Divinity's Reach, and the one in Orr).

You can also spend your Laurels at a Laurel Merchant to buy them, though your stat options are smaller there.

Once you have those, you can socket the AR in them to keep working on Fractals while you save up materials to craft Ascended weapons (do the armor last). If you get lucky, you may get ascended gear to drop from Fractals as well.

> @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> what are some easy and cheap way to get ascended gear. I'm current doing T1 fractal but start 20 I need agony res, currently all my gear are exotic. I have both Hot & PoF

doing level 20( solid ocean) gives a exotic rings wich has an infusion slot .

the crafting proffesions all have backs wich are level 78 wich also have an infusion slot

thats 2 slots already to start the agony resistance treadmill.

every daily in fractals gives 1 pristine relic ( 3 each day) + 1 recommended in each tier

so in 3 days you can have 12 pristines , 1 ring costs 10 prisine relics

so in 3 days withouth crafting you made 3 slots that combined with the potion is more then enough to even do t2 fractals.

crafting ascended sets costs 5 laurels each piece to get the recipe

and then around 80g each piece .

in HoT theres living story episodes

the best to get are last 1 sirens landing (orrian pearls) (back pack/accesory)

and bitterfrost frontier ( winter berries) ( backpack/ accesory/ring)

farm those daily and in roughly 1 week you can have almost the trinkets ascended for infusion slots.

1 month of daily login gives enough laurels to buy a ascended amulet.

with all of that you can be almost ready to take on everything in t3 .

> @"Bollocks.4078" said:

> Have you maxed your fractal attunement masteries? I got various ascended rings doing first tier fractals with all my fractal attunement masteries completed. You can also buy ascended trinkets for laurels or the map currencies: blood rubies, etc.

I just start on Fractal so don't have much Fractal relic, but some the daily are lvl 20+ in T1, and since I don't have any agony res...

ill take look at living map 3, seem like LM3 is easiest way to get accessories, this allow me to do some T1 agony. then ill move on to weapon, then armor.

I agree with the advice to buy rings, accessories and an amulet with laurels. It's easy because you get laurels automatically by logging in and because there's relatively few things you can do with them it's less likely to be a problem if you spend all your laurels on ascended equipment. The only problem is if you don't have a lot of laurels saved up it can take a while to get enough to buy an item.

If you have Badges of Honour from achievement chests or from playing WvW then you can use the WvW Laurel Merchant who charges fewer laurels for each item.

Also be aware - **Ascended rings and accessories are Unique, meaning you can only equip 1 of each type**. For example if you are wearing Rurik's Royal Signet Ring then you cannot equip another Rurik's Ring. There are (at least) 2 rings and 2 accessories with each stat combination (for example Adelbern's Royal Signet Ring has the same stats are Rurik's) so you can still get a full set of matching stats, you just need to be careful which ones you buy.

Also, if you've completed Hot, you can do the Caladbolg quest. If I remember right, it has a couple day time-gate, but it'll net you a nearly free as. weapon, which'll save you 50ish+ gold. With that and the trinkets posted above, you'll have a good chunk of your build finished. All of those things should get you to 99 AR, which is solid, and, assuming you have a guild or friends to join, you'll be able to do higher tiers which tend to net asc. armor/weapon booxes.

The quest is in 'Side Stories', and is called Knight of the Thorn. (There are only 5 to choose from, but you can can change between them for 1k UM.)

Feel free to hit me up in-game, if you'd care for some assistance or have questions.

-Maya Sassin /NA

I will agree that for fractals, you will want to work on your accessories first and foremost. Not only is it an easy reach for stats, all except the amulet have ready slots for agony infusions. Just remember that you can only have one kind of ascended trinket in a pair. No two black ice bands, no two sparking petrified woods, of the same stats. (You can, however, equip an Attuned band and an Infused band of the same stats, just as neither gets either Infused nor Attuned.)

And as iterated, Tier 6 crafting backpacks used to have an Offense and Defense infusion selection, but now since the big fractal update has a standard infusion slot as well as an upgrade slot. Amulets carry enrichments, which grant boosts to a specific thing (magic find, gold, karma, experience).

Save up your relics, and fill empty spaces if you can afford it, by using laurels to buy certain ascended trinkets. Getting your weapons and armor will take much more investment, but wait a while until you have a considerable amount of materials to work with. Weapons before armor -- armor is much more expensive to craft (especially medium armors).

Also worth noting: Silverwastes has a Sinister-class ascended amulet for 1,000 bandit crests and some gold. HoT Act 1 has a Marauder's-class ascended amulet. Living World S3 has ascended trinkets for currency gathered by the special nodes in the areas. Don't forget about Unbound Magic, though.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> Rings, Backpieces, Accessories, and Amulets are all easy to get if you have any of the Living Story Season 3 maps unlocked (Bitterfrost Frontier, Bloodstone Fen, Draconis Mons, Ember Bay, the one next to Divinity's Reach, and the one in Orr).

You refer to Lake Doric (near DR) and Siren's Landing (Orr).

My best looks in terms of getting ascended items is Ember Bay (Back, Accessory), Bitterfrost Frontier (Ring, Accessory, Aquabreather), Lake Doric (Amulet, Back) and Draconis Mons (Amulet, Ring). Expect to farm for days, however, but that work will eventually pay off. If you wish, you can avoid Lake Doric altogether.

My adivice is to buy accesories from laurel vendor to get enough agony to play 25. Then get rings from fractal Vendor for 10 p. Relics each. Then atune/infuse them and finish rest trinkets. That way you can get 8 (or 10 with backpack) infusion slots. 72 agony should be enough for t2.

Also you can buy tear (blue potion) inside feactals that give agony resistance.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> My adivice is to buy accesories from laurel vendor to get enough agony to play 25. Then get rings from fractal Vendor for 10 p. Relics each. Then atune/infuse them and finish rest trinkets. That way you can get 8 (or 10 with backpack) infusion slots. 72 agony should be enough for t2.

>

> Also you can buy tear (blue potion) inside feactals that give agony resistance.

Worst trinkets to buy with laurels is accessories (40 laurels + 50 ectos).

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > My adivice is to buy accesories from laurel vendor to get enough agony to play 25. Then get rings from fractal Vendor for 10 p. Relics each. Then atune/infuse them and finish rest trinkets. That way you can get 8 (or 10 with backpack) infusion slots. 72 agony should be enough for t2.

> >

> > Also you can buy tear (blue potion) inside feactals that give agony resistance.

>

> Worst trinkets to buy with laurels is accessories (40 laurels + 50 ectos).

Yea but rings are free and amuket diesnt have infusion slot

If you've been playing HoT for a while, the easiest way to get a piece of gear, in my opinion, is to complete the Leystone Armor collection. Not only have you probably already unlocked some that dropped during metas, but you can buy the ones you don;t have yet from the merchant in Dragon's Stand for HoT map currencies. When you've unlocked them all, you get an ascended armor chest and can choose one piece of armor.