Please allow reaper shroud skills to finish after shroud ends / Greatsword could use some buffs

Cheeseball C.8395

since shroud depletes faster and skill 5 and 2 have long cast times, can we have a buff to reaper shroud 2 and 5 so that they finish their skill even if shroud depletes before they finish casting? also gs skills should get buffs too, at least a much smaller cd on the gs 5 skill if anything. the gs skills are often hard to land since they have long cast times and it's not uncommon that even when they do land they sometimes dont do much damage due to unlucky lack of crit.

> @"Cheeseball C.8395" said:

> since shroud depletes faster and skill 5 and 2 have long cast times, can we have a buff to reaper shroud 2 and 5 so that they finish their skill even if shroud depletes before they finish casting? also gs skills should get buffs too, at least a much smaller cd on the gs 5 skill if anything. the gs skills are often hard to land since they have long cast times and it's not uncommon that even when they do land they sometimes dont do much damage due to unlucky lack of crit.

One of the very few reasonable necro requests.

*can I be allowed to finish skills on exiting shroud?

*can I have a reduced cd on skill 5? If I don't crit my slow skills that are hard to land do little damage. The gs cd trait competes with the crit chance trait.

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"Swadow.6213" said:

> > GS 5 also has a long standing bug where it is destroyed by projectile deflects and blocks while not being a projectile

>

> the claws are projectiles.

Yes and no. They count as projectiles but reflecting them doesn't reflect the effect like normal projectiles (e.g. how Hunter's Shot grants stealth to the enemy if reflected - off-note a good way to interrupt p1 hotw boss' spin attack).

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

>They count as projectiles but reflecting them doesn't reflect the effect like normal projectiles

That's how it works. When you send the claws out they are projectiles. If they weren't destroyed, they return back not as projectiles. the pull happens without a projectile.

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> >They count as projectiles but reflecting them doesn't reflect the effect like normal projectiles

>

> That's how it works. When you send the claws out they are projectiles. If they weren't destroyed, they return back not as projectiles. the pull happens without a projectile.

The point is they shouldn't be projectiles in the first place. Arena net has a funky way of coding thing some times just to make things work visually. For example Firebrands axe pull is not a projectile and wont be reflected, yet a similar thing happens with warrior mace 5 its a projectile than runs along the ground.

It would be tolerable if the skill was not a pull for example if it was just a knock down or a launch. Because the claws actually have to come back before the pull is started it creates some problems on ledges and any ground thats not near flat as its easy for them to hit small bends and angles which will then classify the skill as being obstructed. Projectiles that run along the ground can often go down ledges (The start of the pull animation.)

But not up them (The actuall pull) which creates alot of situations where trying to use a high cd skill ends up with it not working.

They should have seen the inconsistency of the skill in the betas and changed it to something else before release but its a bit late for now.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > >They count as projectiles but reflecting them doesn't reflect the effect like normal projectiles

> >

> > That's how it works. When you send the claws out they are projectiles. If they weren't destroyed, they return back not as projectiles. the pull happens without a projectile.

>

> The point is they shouldn't be projectiles in the first place. Arena net has a funky way of coding thing some times just to make things work visually. For example Firebrands axe pull is not a projectile and wont be reflected, yet a similar thing happens with warrior mace 5 its a projectile than runs along the ground.

>

> It would be tolerable if the skill was not a pull for example if it was just a knock down or a launch. Because the claws actually have to come back before the pull is started it creates some problems on ledges and any ground thats not near flat as its easy for them to hit small bends and angles which will then classify the skill as being obstructed. Projectiles that run along the ground can often go down ledges (The start of the pull animation.)

> But not up them (The actuall pull) which creates alot of situations where trying to use a high cd skill ends up with it not working.

>

> They should have seen the inconsistency of the skill in the betas and changed it to something else before release but its a bit late for now.

>

>

I agree, though it is incredibly unlikely they will ever change it. I recall, during the beta, they made a statement about how complex the inner workings of the skill is and so would be difficult to change how it worked.

A makeshift solution is to use in conjunction with "Nothing Can Save You", so it will go through those annoying blocks.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> i really dont know why you still asking for buffs or anything useful on necromancers?

>

> anet gave this class up. play it if you love it, but stop dreaming for be viable in anything...

Sorry but I refuse to back down, until they fix necromancer/reaper/scourge skills, weapon skills and traits

Also yes there's nothing more frustrating that being in shroud casting a skill and get interrupted in that castin because suddenly you're out of shroud. Anet let us finish casting skill that was casted before shroud life force pool was empty

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > >They count as projectiles but reflecting them doesn't reflect the effect like normal projectiles

> > >

> > > That's how it works. When you send the claws out they are projectiles. If they weren't destroyed, they return back not as projectiles. the pull happens without a projectile.

> >

> > The point is they shouldn't be projectiles in the first place. Arena net has a funky way of coding thing some times just to make things work visually. For example Firebrands axe pull is not a projectile and wont be reflected, yet a similar thing happens with warrior mace 5 its a projectile than runs along the ground.

> >

> > It would be tolerable if the skill was not a pull for example if it was just a knock down or a launch. Because the claws actually have to come back before the pull is started it creates some problems on ledges and any ground thats not near flat as its easy for them to hit small bends and angles which will then classify the skill as being obstructed. Projectiles that run along the ground can often go down ledges (The start of the pull animation.)

> > But not up them (The actuall pull) which creates alot of situations where trying to use a high cd skill ends up with it not working.

> >

> > They should have seen the inconsistency of the skill in the betas and changed it to something else before release but its a bit late for now.

> >

> >

>

> I agree, though it is incredibly unlikely they will ever change it. I recall, during the beta, they made a statement about how complex the inner workings of the skill is and so would be difficult to change how it worked.

> A makeshift solution is to use in conjunction with "Nothing Can Save You", so it will go through those annoying blocks.

I actually have a small issue with that shout too the fact that it has a cast time annoyes me but thats a minor thing. Usually blocks dont las long enough to make the most of the shout not to mention cant cant be cast during wind up another skill unlike the warrior unblockable buff from the signet. But that just minor. Its honestly pretty rare for some one to put up a block just as im actually choosing to attempt a pull with GS 5.