Question about alts

dagz.2907

I haven't played since classic and I have skipped HoT. I haven't done that much at level 80 in a long time.

I have a question about alts. I'm planning on playing an alt with my gf (we are both human rangers). We both bought the expansion and level boosted them. Prior to this, I also had a level 80 warrior. If I put a lot of time in on the warrior in POF, will it affect anything I do with my gf on the alt characters? I already saw that i'd unlock the mounts and stuff on my alts.

I don't want it to ruin the experience with my gf on the alt characters if I play on my warrior too much.

I think masteries are the main thing that will be affected. Training masteries is shared across all level 80 characters - so you could do 1/2 on your warrior and 1/2 on your ranger and you'd complete it. But you also need points to unlock the tiers and you'll only get those from playing in the relevant maps (HoT maps for HoT masteries etc.) and then only from specific achievements and things.

If you wanted to you could always avoid using those mounts/mastery abilities until you've gotten to that point on your ranger. I'm planning to do that with some of my low level characters - even though they'll have mounts available they're not going to be using them until they start the PoF story, because I want to play them as if they're independent from my other characters.

Achievements are also shared, so if you do one on your warrior you won't get the achievement again when you do it on your ranger. But you can still repeat the activity and celebrate with your girlfriend when she gets it.

Other than that it's pretty much just that you may unlock some skins your ranger can use while playing your warrior (and the other way around).

Thank you so much for the info! I will probably just not use the mount until she gets it too. I read somewhere that story co-op is buggy? Any idea if that is true or not? I read one post where people got credit, then I read another where 3 people in the story mission didn't get credit.