Instant Crash on Startup

So, I just recently got the game and downloaded the Path of Fire to dlc (specifically to ask for help on the forums)

I downloaded the files for the game last night and tried launching it, the application pops up on my start bar & then instantly closes. There's no crash report that pops up, it just shows up and then immediately closes. Naturally, I took to reddit to attempt to find a fix. I've moved the files, given them full privileges, ran them as an admin , uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the local.dat file, rebooted my computer three times, created the -repair shortcut and used it twice, I don't have any addons to create problems, etc.

I'd really like to, you know, play the game I just bought, so any help would be /greatly/ appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Have you tried the -windowed Command Line Argument (used just as you did -repair)?

> Have you tried contacting the Tech CS Team for assistance via the 'Support' link above/below?

>

> Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

what is the windowed command line?? I'm not really tech savy and am having this same issue.

> @"Jesus.3298" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Have you tried the -windowed Command Line Argument (used just as you did -repair)?

> > Have you tried contacting the Tech CS Team for assistance via the 'Support' link above/below?

> >

> > Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

>

> what is the windowed command line?? I'm not really tech savy and am having this same issue.

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Good luck.

• 2 years later...

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Schniwarixl.5416" said:

> > I have the same issue after the last patch. Neither "-repair" nor "-windowed" solved the issue.

> >

> Have you tried deleting d3d9.dll in your bin64 folder inside your guildwars 2 folder?

>

I did this, and it WORKED! But now can't use my mount add on. Is there anyone to get my game to run with the mount add on? Thanks.

EDIT: I just reinstalled my add ons and it works. Thanks.

Ok, deleting the d3d9.dll helped for me also, thnx!

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Schniwarixl.5416" said:

> > I have the same issue after the last patch. Neither "-repair" nor "-windowed" solved the issue.

> >

> Have you tried deleting d3d9.dll in your bin64 folder inside your guildwars 2 folder?

(Strange that the patching occurs this crash)