[Movie] Hybrid Axe Mirage WvW Roaming 1vNs

Oozo.7856

The loss of confusion on axe was a pretty big nerf, but still trying to make it work. :)

Fight 1: 1v2 (Holosmith/Chrono) at a T3 camp w/guards

Fight 2: Escaping a 1v3

Fight 3: 1v4 (Holosmith/Berserker/Elementalist/Deadeye)

Fight 4: 1v2v2

Fight 5 1v3 (Necro/Necro/Scourge) - all new players, ofc :P

I'm surprised you don't trait blink and mirror heal, running Chaos. My first thought was not wanting to mess with decoy/som/mass invis stealth, but then I see you have evasive mirror traited anyway. On that note also surprised to see mass invis over jaunt, and not taking illusionary ambush.

Interesting choice also with Assassin's weapons over more grieving or cele.

But otherwise good job for posting a hybrid video with axe. Especially with Axe/torch Axe/pistol - rarely see many people running axe at all while roaming (goodness knows why, it's the most awesome mesmer weapon!), let alone double axe, so kudos for that! :D

Mass invis is for dodging zergs, getting first hits and helping out friends when they are with me. I'd take jaunt if I was dueling and only expecting 1v1s, but WvW is too unpredictable with the numbers you will be fighting. The multiple stealths are helpful when playing stealth wars against thief, mesmer, engineer and ranger. Also helpful for dodging zergs and securing some stomps in a crowd.

I'm leaning more towards power to silence the condi critics. I'm using power food. Hell, I've had success with this using full marauders but the extra condi damage is nice when you have to kite multiple people. This is a 1vN/solo roaming set up, not a dueling or 1v1 set up. :)

I've only seen one other axe mesmer since the nerf. There weren't many before that even.

> @"Oozo.7856" said:

> Mass invis is for dodging zergs, getting first hits and helping out friends when they are with me. I'd take jaunt if I was dueling and only expecting 1v1s, but WvW is too unpredictable with the numbers you will be fighting. The multiple stealths are helpful when playing stealth wars against thief, mesmer, engineer and ranger. Also helpful for dodging zergs and securing some stomps in a crowd.

>

> I'm leaning more towards power to silence the condi critics. I'm using power food. Hell, I've had success with this using full marauders but the extra condi damage is nice when you have to kite multiple people. This is a 1vN/solo roaming set up, not a dueling or 1v1 set up. :)

>

> I've only seen one other axe mesmer since the nerf. There weren't many before that even.

Oh I'm also coming from 1vX roaming perspective, so just curious with the variations from what I play. :) Yeah the additional stealths can certainly be useful.

But regarding condi critics, they'll moan if they see a single stack of vuln! xD Nevermind all the torment that axe pumps out. Tbh I don't mind that axe is underused/rated in wvw - I'd rather keep it that way! Less spotlight on it for player complaints and the nerf hammer.

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOD. Is this real life? Oozo, you're back in GW? It's been a long time, man. I don't know if we've ever actually spoke directly before, but I was on DR with you way back when... from OHai guild, if that rings a bell. Is anyone else from the old AD/NoQQ/Bsty squad still around? I miss seeing those tags along with Bags, tM, and BS.

Anyway, sorry that's kinda random. lol. I just thought you quit a long time ago. Great video! Hope there are more to come. :)

I'm far from an expert on PvP/WvW, but my experiences with axe mirage have been quite positive. In fact, I'm pretty comfortable with it, so I just use my glass PvE build and it still seems pretty strong. I use axe/torch with staff, as staff is excellent for getting out to range and buying a few seconds on cooldowns ...and it doesn't even let up on the pressure all that much since they have to follow through your clone AA/spambush to catch you!

Of course I would get destroyed by equal/better players using proper WvW roaming builds, but as mirage is pretty strong in those small scale fights to begin with I really don't feel at a disadvantage most of the time.

> @"TakeCare.3182" said:

> OH MY GOD. Is this real life? Oozo, you're back in GW? It's been a long time, man. I don't know if we've ever actually spoke directly before, but I was on DR with you way back when... from OHai guild, if that rings a bell. Is anyone else from the old AD/NoQQ/Bsty squad still around? I miss seeing those tags along with Bags, tM, and BS.

>

> Anyway, sorry that's kinda random. lol. I just thought you quit a long time ago. Great video! Hope there are more to come. :)

Hey, I remember OHai. :)

There are a just a few people playing, but not regularly and no organized group. So, nothing like the old days.