Eater of Souls - The Departed

Orimidu.9604

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Haishao.6851 said:

> Booster says "For Advanced Players". So if someone use the booster, we can expect they are advanced players. If they're not, then too bad for them.

On the other hand, it's a free shared inventory slot. That's gonna look awfully tempting to free up, the moment any newbie rolls an alt or runs out of inventory space.

I am truly disappointed to see this fight nerfed so heavily.

The health drain from pets, minions and illusions being fixed was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

The rest was just pandering to a crowd of people who just want to stand there and press 1 without bothering to learn how to combat the mechanics of a fight which were as simple as walking away.

> @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> > @BraverXIII.4209 said:

> > Just tried this. Have to go to bed. There is no way I'm ever attempting this again with that much tedious forced story. I don't subject myself to things like this - my time is valuable. Guess I'm done. GG, AN, you got my money for the xpac. Will remember this when I'm ignoring the next one.

>

> What the?

> Hey I wanna play a ROLE PLAY GAME but I don't want any dialogues, story, character build ups, plot twists or anything, I just wanna punch things. Have you ever considered playing a beat 'em up - type game? because clearly rpg's are not your thing.

>

> As for the difficulty of the fight - I'm pretty sure I could beat the boss with a naked character with only utility and healing skills and no traits equipped. That's how hard the boss is (not very hard). And I don't consider myself to be in the top 20% of players. The fight isn't much harder then killing an ambient creature, all you have to do is understand 1 mechanic which isn't even unique to that boss and on top of that, many people have postet tipps and trick for every single class in this thread and yet people still complain instead of just trying harder (and again, it's really not that hard...) - if you don't want to "waste" your time playing a game, why do you waste your time complaining about said game?

I want you to know I love what you said here and that I love you <3

• 1 month later...

Whether this boss is easy to kill or hard - I'm so sick of Anet's bad, bad, BAD design decisions. 1) First I have to fight Balthazar. That took like 20 minutes. 2) Then I have to go through an entire story segment that mainly involves running from point A to B to C to... on and on. 3) THEN I have to fight this thing, when I'm just tired of this mission and wanting it to end, and have to deal with it's total cheese mechanics? Not fun!!

Anet, get it together!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I found the whole story line quite good and quite entertaining. It wasn't easy, it wasn't hard, it was just right to be enjoyable. Searching for the weapon kinda sucked but other than that, The Eater of Souls, just move from first jump then double dodge the life steal and you are golden. I liked the whole thing - it was good tho rather a bit long.

> @Squeesidhe.4761 said:

> Whether this boss is easy to kill or hard - I'm so sick of Anet's bad, bad, BAD design decisions. 1) First I have to fight Balthazar. That took like 20 minutes. 2) Then I have to go through an entire story segment that mainly involves running from point A to B to C to... on and on. 3) THEN I have to fight this thing, when I'm just tired of this mission and wanting it to end, and have to deal with it's total cheese mechanics? Not fun!!

>

> Anet, get it together!!!

Lots of people had no trouble here, the problem does not lie in the encounter. It lies with you.

> @Aenaos.8160 said:

> > @Haishao.6851 said:

> > > @Ellisande.5218 said:

> >

> > > Requiring players to use a specific build is antithetical in a game where players have a huge choice in their build and are encouraged to play the build that is fun for them.

> >

> > Changing build to adapt to situations have always been a fundamental mechanic of Guild Wars.

> > Beside, you don't even need to change your useless "build". Just dodge.

> > The game doesn't have to cater to your little caprices.

> >

> >

> > "But if you were to fail, the beast would consume your entirety" - The Judge

> >

> > Game over """Dragon Slayer"""

>

> Yup,let's ask from new and returning players that might have used a level 80 boost to play the PoF story,to be able to

> change their build and gear and adapt to a boss fight,while in a story instance,or gtfo.

> Smart.

Yes, educating new players is smart. You don't learn anything if you never need to perform the mechanic correctly. This fight teaches you to interupt, something I hope you could ask people to manage on a boss fight 2/3s of the way through the second expansion.

• 4 weeks later...

No one has mentioned this yet.. but to beat him easily.. FIRST dodge his smack down,, small yellow circle.. THEN run the OPPOSITE direction from him.. that will prevent him healing from you... continue to damage him in between and you WILL beat him. This took me forever to figure out. but you can do it.. remember,, avoid being knocked over.. if you get knocked over you can not run away from him healing from you..

> @"shrieka.2640" said:

> No one has mentioned this yet.. but to beat him easily.. FIRST dodge his smack down,, small yellow circle.. THEN run the OPPOSITE direction from him.. that will prevent him healing from you... continue to damage him in between and you WILL beat him. This took me forever to figure out. but you can do it.. remember,, avoid being knocked over.. if you get knocked over you can not run away from him healing from you..

Or as he jumps to smack the floor, you could break his break bar, which is absurdly easy to do, and kill it within a minute. No running needed.

This fight was nerfed, if you’re still struggling it is definitely a learn to play issue.

i struggle first to was a bit stupid to use all my boons i play ranger and use strengt of the pack

and he steal all my boons i have and yea he have all my boons now -.-

so i switch to long bow and use my pet to argo him with protect me and just walking around him and dodge if he jumps on me

if if he use that boon stealing skill i dont have it

that makes him stronger i also have so 300 health gen ea sec so i wont die that fast

and he was going down fast

but it was a fun fight :)

sorry for my english