Cut content: anything interesting?

Is there anything interesting that was cut from the development of this episode? Interesting dialogue that didn't fit, an event that didn't work out as planned, an achievement that was too easy/difficult or didn't quite hit the quality mark that you aim for?

I understand that there are some things that can't be revealed (too spoilery, story beats that may be used later, other stuff I'm not thinking of etc.), but anything that can be revealed would be super interesting to learn. I love design stuff so any and all info is fascinating and welcome =D.

And thanks ahead of time for any responses!

• ArenaNet Staff

I'll take a quick shot as this!

* Our original plans had us fighting Boticca as a villain :)

* There were plans to make a poke'mon snap like collection where you find specific rare animals and scan them for data collections

* We originally had Olmakhan riding Jackals but looking into the lore some more we realized this wouldn't make sense and so they now ride skimmers

* Early designs of the map had a giant Volcano to the north and the Cube to the south. @_@

* Originally the Inquest were going to have all these crazy biomes in the central island like snow/forest/lava/rock where they would do crazy experiments on animals and dino like creatures

* We had this idea for a cool sparring like event where you trained with a Olmakhan in combat but this was later cut and moved to a narrative only scene

* Gorrik and Blish are amazing! But originally we had Taimi in their position :)

* We joked at first but for a hot second we really wanted the player and Braham to have a hug it out scene

The biomes thing sounds like it would have been pretty cool. And having a hug emote would be awesome. lol. Though, I'm not sure I'd be willing to hug Braham. He has a lot of attitude to make up for, and I really don't want to let him off so easily. He seems to be starting to realize he owes us a serious apology.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"sweetrules.8359" said:

> The biomes thing sounds like it would have been pretty cool. And having a hug emote would be awesome. lol. Though, I'm not sure I'd be willing to hug Braham. He has a lot of attitude to make up for, and I really don't want to let him off so easily. He seems to be starting to realize he owes us a serious apology.

Yea I'm not hugging that Grumpy Guardian either!

> @"Clayton Kisko II.1934" said:

> We originally had Olmakhan riding Jackals but looking into the lore some more we realized this wouldn't make sense and so they now ride skimmers

You skimmed right over the real reasons, right? The optics of having cat people ride doggos would have been horrid. (Plus, where would all that fur go?) ;)

> Originally the Inquest were going to have all these crazy biomes in the central island like snow/forest/lava/rock where they would do crazy experiments on animals and dino like creatures

Shades of modern Thaumanova! That would have been very cool.

> Gorrik and Blish are amazing! But originally we had Taimi in their position :)

I approve. The interaction between the three is much more interesting than having Taimi remain captured and do Joko's bidding. (Or, for those speculating, whoever the force is behind the pretender named Joko.)

> We joked at first but for a hot second we really wanted the player and Braham to have a hug it out scene

I'm not against it in principle, but I don't think the story has earned mutual respect for the two of them yet, let alone mutual affection.

(You could finesse it by having Rox & Braham hug it out after some particularly frightening encounter, with, "glad to have you back, you grumpy guardian you" and "yeah, the wolf in me was scared, too.")