Mini Raptor Hatchling Collection - unable to forge Black Mini Raptor

courin.2314

It appears as though this collection is blocked, as the recipe that is given for the Black Mini is not currently being 'accepted' in the Forge.

I was able to make the blue (3 greens and 2 unid dyes), the red (2 blues, 1 green, and 4 unid dyes), the yellow (1 blue, 2 green, and 4 unid dyes), the white (2 yellow, 1 green, and 8 unid dyes), and the silver (2 white, 1 blue, and 12 unid dyes).

However, the tooltip for black (1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow and 8 unid dyes) does not work no matter what order you enter the listed items in. Because we cannot make black, we also cannot make gold, (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 black and 12 unid dyes), ice (1 white, 1 silver, 1 gold and 20 unid dyes). Because of this block, the recipe for Fire is unknown.

I'm not sure if the tooltip is wrong (I tried every combination I could think of but could not get black) or if the recipe just isn't entered. Either way, you cannot complete the Raptor Mini collection as it stands now.

> @Bunter.3795 said:

> Another thing I noticed about this is that when you forge the green raptor to make the blue, the green doesn't unlock in your wardrobe.

This has been the case for most of the 'mini progression' collections, afaik. When you use a mini in the forge, you do not automatically unlock that mini for the purpose of your wardrobe. That's part of what makes mini collections so expensive. I assume that this part is working as intended, because it was the same for the Mini Tom and the Halloween/Wintersday mini collections as well.

I had to go from the Lily of the Elon to Lion's Arch before I could make a yellow tonight.

Edit: Then back to the Lily to make a different colour. That seems to have cleared up whatever was going on, because I had no trouble after that. Well, aside from spending a silly amount of time and gold.

I just finished the collection. I didn't encounter a single problem making any, so those who are having trouble:

* Double check the recipe on the wiki

* Reset and add them in a different order.

* Trying use a different mystic forge access point, e.g. go to LA if you're using a VIP area or vice versa. There are additional forges in WvW, in your home garrison (which is typically a single waypoint away and safe from foes, usually, mostly).

• 2 weeks later...