Need Steampunk Inspired Gear

They've already done a full run of armor and weapons with the Aetherblade gear.

If this isn't what you want (and apparently it isn't), then it may be helpful to say where it falls short and what you would like to see different. Maybe you'll spark an idea in one of the artists and get something rolling, if your description is interesting enough.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> They've already done a full run of armor and weapons with the Aetherblade gear.

>

> If this isn't what you want (and apparently it isn't), then it may be helpful to say where it falls short and what you would like to see different. Maybe you'll spark an idea in one of the artists and get something rolling, if your description is interesting enough.

can you give link to gear?

> @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > They've already done a full run of armor and weapons with the Aetherblade gear.

> >

> > If this isn't what you want (and apparently it isn't), then it may be helpful to say where it falls short and what you would like to see different. Maybe you'll spark an idea in one of the artists and get something rolling, if your description is interesting enough.

>

> can you give link to gear?

>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherblade_armor_

There are also some steampunk elements in the CoE armor sets (specifically in the light set). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crucible_of_Eternity_armor

And we have the Aetherized weapons for some "steampunk"-style weapons.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Aetherblade.

> What you're looking for is Aetherblade.

> We dont need more steampunk in this game.

> I'd say the current level of technology is weird enough as is. We got magitech now, so steamtech would be redundant and would not be able to compete with magitech

Aetherblade has to be purchased from gem store. And just putting gears and cogs on something doesnt make it steampunk. And magitech isn't really steampunk. need something that isn't behind a pay wall or have to grind excessively.

> @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

>

> Aetherblade has to be purchased from gem store. And just putting gears and cogs on something doesnt make it steampunk. And magitech isn't really steampunk. need something that isn't behind a pay wall or have to grind excessively.

So, you're after non-gemstore skins? Okay, that narrows things down a bit for what you're after.

Now, what do you want them to look like? Sadly, putting gears and cogs on something IS the usual concept of a steampunk look. Can you describe what you're really wanting it to look like, well enough that an artist would know how to draw/model it?

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Aetherblade.

> > What you're looking for is Aetherblade.

> > We dont need more steampunk in this game.

> > I'd say the current level of technology is weird enough as is. We got magitech now, so steamtech would be redundant and would not be able to compete with magitech

>

> Aetherblade has to be purchased from gem store. And just putting gears and cogs on something doesnt make it steampunk. And magitech isn't really steampunk. need something that isn't behind a pay wall or have to grind excessively.

I'm not saying it is steampunk, I'm saying magitech supersedes steampunk.

A world with magitech cannot have steampunk as well as its considered less powerful.

Aetherblade really is the most steampunk-ish the game has ever gone, and will/should ever go.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> >

> > Aetherblade has to be purchased from gem store. And just putting gears and cogs on something doesnt make it steampunk. And magitech isn't really steampunk. need something that isn't behind a pay wall or have to grind excessively.

>

> So, you're after non-gemstore skins? Okay, that narrows things down a bit for what you're after.

>

> Now, what do you want them to look like? Sadly, putting gears and cogs on something IS the usual concept of a steampunk look. Can you describe what you're really wanting it to look like, well enough that an artist would know how to draw/model it?

Here are some examples. Steampunk doesn't really have a defined set of style but it does have a base style defined and you can see it in these images.

![](https://imgur.com/poOXsci.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/X7ej54U.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/LvRzGjO.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/Krz70F1.jpg "")

Open your bank account. Go to the Wardrobe Storage tab. See for yourself what is available and what you'd like.

> Look if you don't like the steampunk style then dont comment. This is for anet not for their fbs to come and talk about something you know nothing about.

I haven't seen anyone make such posts. Why bother creating a thread if you're gonna pout at other's constructive remarks?

> @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > Look if you don't like the steampunk style then dont comment. This is for anet not for their fbs to come and talk about something you know nothing about.

>

> I haven't seen anyone make such posts. Why bother creating a thread if you're gonna pout at other's constructive remarks?

i've never understood why people say somebody is crying or pouting or w/e when they see something they dont like. theres a diff between constructive comments and making comments about something you either dont like or know nothing about. but as i say to everyone, if you read everything as crying and pouting or w/e then its pretty obv that you spend the majority of your time doing it.

> @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > Look if you don't like the steampunk style then dont comment. This is for anet not for their fbs to come and talk about something you know nothing about.

> I haven't seen anyone make such posts. Why bother creating a thread if you're gonna pout at other's constructive remarks?

Exactly. Also, why make a thread in the first place when they could have easily looked up the existing options instead of asking for suggestions?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > > Look if you don't like the steampunk style then dont comment. This is for anet not for their fbs to come and talk about something you know nothing about.

> > I haven't seen anyone make such posts. Why bother creating a thread if you're gonna pout at other's constructive remarks?

>

> Exactly. Also, why make a thread in the first place when they could have easily looked up the existing options instead of asking for suggestions?

didnt' ask for suggestions

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm going to close this thread. But I'm going to say something, too. This is a **Discussion Forum.** This is not a system where you submit a message to ArenaNet, and only we can reply. On a **discussion forum** people are going to... discuss. I make a suggestion, someone else offers their opinion, someone else disagrees with my position, someone else agrees -- it's how a conversation works.

Posting a suggestion is fine. Someone else having a different opinion is OK. What's not acceptable is getting upset with an alternative opinion and trying to silence that person, when they've made their comments in a wholly acceptable way. (Naturally, if they engage in insults -- true insults, not simply having a different opinion -- they should be reported.) It's not OK to tell someone to butt out, or to call people names to try to bolster a different opinion.

So please share your thoughts, but express them with courtesy and respect. Others will be expected to do that same.

It's that simple.