5 man queue season 11 trial

Crab Fear.1624

Maybe does not equal yes. the people that are putting maybe usually have some type of conidtion attached.

It's not a "Drop" like you said yourself the first time they polled it was listed on the updater. if they did that again you would see basically the same numbers. (obviously there would be less votes overall)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Without making any promises or indications on how they will use the information, I believe at the very least that ArenaNet owes it to the community to do the re-poll. Afterall, they said they would. You can see in this thread I have posted the links and screenshots of the Season 5 poll.

i don't think anyone would argue against another repoll. it won't matter in the end though. GW2 pvp and Wvw are well past the point of no return. you guy's getting premades back isn't going to change that.

> @"Highlie.7641" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > Without making any promises or indications on how they will use the information, I believe at the very least that ArenaNet owes it to the community to do the re-poll. Afterall, they said they would. You can see in this thread I have posted the links and screenshots of the Season 5 poll.

>

> i don't think anyone would argue against another repoll. it won't matter in the end though. GW2 pvp and Wvw are well past the point of no return. you guy's getting premades back isn't going to change that.

sooo might aswell just add it back no since it will atleast make us happy your logic is flawed

> @"Highlie.7641" said:

> What are you talking about? it has no chance in hell of succeeding , so by all means do another poll. it can't get any more clear then that.

>

"I don't want other people to play with friends, so don't introduce it. My will is more important than yours." Even if the official poll would end 51-42, they would still ignore about what half the community wants. Compare this to PvE where the scales of things are bigger. Having a poll that would sieze the development of Raids and Fractals in order to create more Open World content and 42% of the people were against it, do you really think they would remove Raids and Fractals?

In order for a poll like this to go through, the numbers needs to be **VERY** decisive.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Highlie.7641" said:

> > What are you talking about? it has no chance in hell of succeeding , so by all means do another poll. it can't get any more clear then that.

> >

>

> "I don't want other people to play with friends, so don't introduce it. My will is more important than yours." Even if the official poll would end 51-42, they would still ignore about what half the community wants. Compare this to PvE where the scales of things are bigger. Having a poll that would sieze the development of Raids and Fractals in order to create more Open World content and 42% of the people were against it, do you really think they would remove Raids and Fractals?

> In order for a poll like this to go through, the numbers needs to be **VERY** decisive.

he is reaching as well he can't possibly assume that the poll would even fail if a official poll was taken only way we would know is if one was actually conducted i certainly feel confident.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Highlie.7641" said:

> > What are you talking about? it has no chance in hell of succeeding , so by all means do another poll. it can't get any more clear then that.

> >

>

> "I don't want other people to play with friends, so don't introduce it. My will is more important than yours." Even if the official poll would end 51-42, they would still ignore about what half the community wants. Compare this to PvE where the scales of things are bigger. Having a poll that would sieze the development of Raids and Fractals in order to create more Open World content and 42% of the people were against it, do you really think they would remove Raids and Fractals?

> In order for a poll like this to go through, the numbers needs to be **VERY** decisive.

Are you on drugs? you should seek help.

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"Highlie.7641" said:

> > > What are you talking about? it has no chance in hell of succeeding , so by all means do another poll. it can't get any more clear then that.

> > >

> >

> > "I don't want other people to play with friends, so don't introduce it. My will is more important than yours." Even if the official poll would end 51-42, they would still ignore about what half the community wants. Compare this to PvE where the scales of things are bigger. Having a poll that would sieze the development of Raids and Fractals in order to create more Open World content and 42% of the people were against it, do you really think they would remove Raids and Fractals?

> > In order for a poll like this to go through, the numbers needs to be **VERY** decisive.

>

> he is reaching as well he can't possibly assume that the poll would even fail if a official poll was taken only way we would know is if one was actually conducted i certainly feel confident.

It's pretty basic, if something wins' with a majoirty vote (70%) and only 10-12 people constantly whine about it. it should be obvious.

I linked this thread and [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36950/is-the-pvp-population-shrinking-and-if-so-why#latest](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36950/is-the-pvp-population-shrinking-and-if-so-why#latest "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36950/is-the-pvp-population-shrinking-and-if-so-why#latest")

on Reddit. [Reddit LInk](

"https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8f656r/please_check_out_these_pvp_forum_threads_if_you/")

Perhaps those that frequent reddit more will finally seem them if they have not already.

> I linked this thread and [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36950/is-the-pvp-population-shrinking-and-if-so-why#latest](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36950/is-the-pvp-population-shrinking-and-if-so-why#latest "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36950/is-the-pvp-population-shrinking-and-if-so-why#latest")

>

> on Reddit. [Reddit LInk](

"https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8f656r/please_check_out_these_pvp_forum_threads_if_you/")

>

>

> Perhaps those that frequent reddit more will finally seem them if they have not already.

i believe you were censored lol

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> It's been done & abuse & i say no!

> 5 man Q in Unrank if you feel the need to play with friends

What is so wrong about earning prestige with a team in a multiplayer game?

If we can't have a team q in ranked, why can't they make a guild ranked?

Maybe creating a "new" game mode is difficult, but recycling the old conquest and slapping on a team/guild ranked as a "new" mode can't be impossible. It was there before.

People who want to play on teams against other teams won't care if it risks a population split. Team players don't want to play in a game mode infested with win traders, hackers, afk'ers, mysterious dc'ers, and anything else like that.

Believe it or not, plenty of people have quit pvp if not left the game because they can't earn rewards as a team outside of ATs, which do not have scheduling that can fulfill all players schedules.

Sometimes your guild mates are in a different timezone /country, and the times you can play together don't normally sync with ATs, plus if you do get it and lose, that's it for hours/days until the next roll around.

Especially if it was a team only game mode, what is the issue if a "less than spectacular player" gets glory.

Do the leaderboards at the moment really mean anything? If the best was on the top, how could a God of PvP ever fall in a 1 v 1?

What does the "best" mean? Best at what?

Eidt: **NO TO UNRANKED, WE WANT TO EARN TEAM PRESTIGE and REWARDS**

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > It's been done & abuse & i say no!

> > 5 man Q in Unrank if you feel the need to play with friends

>

> What is so wrong about earning prestige with a team in a multiplayer game?

**Nothing wrong with that. **

>

> If we can't have a team q in ranked, why can't they make a guild ranked?

> **As i said before..it's been royally abuse. Not for anything that Anet removed 5 man Q**

> Maybe creating a "new" game mode is difficult, but recycling the old conquest and slapping on a team/guild ranked as a "new" mode can't be impossible. It was there before.

>

> People who want to play on teams against other teams won't care if it risks a population split. Team players don't want to play in a game mode infested with win traders, hackers, afk'ers, mysterious dc'ers, and anything else like that.

>

> Believe it or not, plenty of people have quit pvp if not left the game because they can't earn rewards as a team outside of ATs, which do not have scheduling that can fulfill all players schedules. **Yeah a lot of them that left are the same that abused the 5 man Q's. **

>

> Sometimes your guild mates are in a different timezone /country, and the times you can play together don't normally sync with ATs, plus if you do get it and lose, that's it for hours/days until the next roll around.

>

> Especially if it was a team only game mode, what is the issue if a "less than spectacular player" gets glory.

>

> Do the leaderboards at the moment really mean anything? If the best was on the top, how could a God of PvP ever fall in a 1 v 1?

>

> What does the "best" mean? Best at what?

**Means your the best at the Solo Q or near that**

>

>

> Eidt: **NO TO UNRANKED, WE WANT TO EARN TEAM PRESTIGE and REWARDS**

**Who is we? Cuz i'm sure everyone wants to earn prestige & rewards but looks like the majority don't want it in the 5 man Q **

**Ppl voted on it**

>

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > It's been done & abuse & i say no!

> > > 5 man Q in Unrank if you feel the need to play with friends

> >

> > What is so wrong about earning prestige with a team in a multiplayer game?

> **Nothing wrong with that. **

> >

> > If we can't have a team q in ranked, why can't they make a guild ranked?

> > **As i said before..it's been royally abuse. Not for anything that Anet removed 5 man Q**

>

> > Maybe creating a "new" game mode is difficult, but recycling the old conquest and slapping on a team/guild ranked as a "new" mode can't be impossible. It was there before.

> >

> > People who want to play on teams against other teams won't care if it risks a population split. Team players don't want to play in a game mode infested with win traders, hackers, afk'ers, mysterious dc'ers, and anything else like that.

> >

> > Believe it or not, plenty of people have quit pvp if not left the game because they can't earn rewards as a team outside of ATs, which do not have scheduling that can fulfill all players schedules. **Yeah a lot of them that left are the same that abused the 5 man Q's. **

> >

> > Sometimes your guild mates are in a different timezone /country, and the times you can play together don't normally sync with ATs, plus if you do get it and lose, that's it for hours/days until the next roll around.

> >

> > Especially if it was a team only game mode, what is the issue if a "less than spectacular player" gets glory.

> >

> > Do the leaderboards at the moment really mean anything? If the best was on the top, how could a God of PvP ever fall in a 1 v 1?

> >

> > What does the "best" mean? Best at what?

> **Means your the best at the Solo Q or near that**

> >

> >

> > Eidt: **NO TO UNRANKED, WE WANT TO EARN TEAM PRESTIGE and REWARDS**

> **Who is we? Cuz i'm sure everyone wants to earn prestige & rewards but looks like the majority don't want it in the 5 man Q **

> **Ppl voted on it**

>

> >

>

>

People who want to play on teams against other teams

Also **Ppl** voted on a trial. The original announcement is on the previous page in this thread. You can see for yourself that it says after season 5 the devs would do another poll to see if the community wanted to keep the changes or not. The post even calls solo/duo que a trail.

Thinking you would get an opportunity to change your mind, is it impossible to believe your vote could be swayed?

The fact that they never did the post season poll that they PROMISED pretty much negates all claims that it is what the community still wants.

I think the results would be different this time.

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > It's been done & abuse & i say no!

> > > > 5 man Q in Unrank if you feel the need to play with friends

> > >

> > > What is so wrong about earning prestige with a team in a multiplayer game?

> > **Nothing wrong with that. **

> > >

> > > If we can't have a team q in ranked, why can't they make a guild ranked?

> > > **As i said before..it's been royally abuse. Not for anything that Anet removed 5 man Q**

> >

> > > Maybe creating a "new" game mode is difficult, but recycling the old conquest and slapping on a team/guild ranked as a "new" mode can't be impossible. It was there before.

> > >

> > > People who want to play on teams against other teams won't care if it risks a population split. Team players don't want to play in a game mode infested with win traders, hackers, afk'ers, mysterious dc'ers, and anything else like that.

> > >

> > > Believe it or not, plenty of people have quit pvp if not left the game because they can't earn rewards as a team outside of ATs, which do not have scheduling that can fulfill all players schedules. **Yeah a lot of them that left are the same that abused the 5 man Q's. **

> > >

> > > Sometimes your guild mates are in a different timezone /country, and the times you can play together don't normally sync with ATs, plus if you do get it and lose, that's it for hours/days until the next roll around.

> > >

> > > Especially if it was a team only game mode, what is the issue if a "less than spectacular player" gets glory.

> > >

> > > Do the leaderboards at the moment really mean anything? If the best was on the top, how could a God of PvP ever fall in a 1 v 1?

> > >

> > > What does the "best" mean? Best at what?

> > **Means your the best at the Solo Q or near that**

> > >

> > >

> > > Eidt: **NO TO UNRANKED, WE WANT TO EARN TEAM PRESTIGE and REWARDS**

> > **Who is we? Cuz i'm sure everyone wants to earn prestige & rewards but looks like the majority don't want it in the 5 man Q **

> > **Ppl voted on it**

> >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> People who want to play on teams against other teams

>

>

>

> Also **Ppl** voted on a trial. The original announcement is on the previous page in this thread. You can see for yourself that it says after season 5 the devs would do another poll to see if the community wanted to keep the changes or not. The post even calls solo/duo que a trail.

> Thinking you would get an opportunity to change your mind, is it impossible to believe your vote could be swayed?

>

> The fact that they never did the post season poll that they PROMISED pretty much negates all claims that it is what the community still wants.

>

> I think the results would be different this time.

I get what your saying, but i think before even thinking implementing a trial run, Anet needs to create a new mmr matchup system. Specifically for a 5 man team Q. Cuz that it where the abuse got out of control. **just saying, Let's not repeat history here. **

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > It's been done & abuse & i say no!

> > > > > 5 man Q in Unrank if you feel the need to play with friends

> > > >

> > > > What is so wrong about earning prestige with a team in a multiplayer game?

> > > **Nothing wrong with that. **

> > > >

> > > > If we can't have a team q in ranked, why can't they make a guild ranked?

> > > > **As i said before..it's been royally abuse. Not for anything that Anet removed 5 man Q**

> > >

> > > > Maybe creating a "new" game mode is difficult, but recycling the old conquest and slapping on a team/guild ranked as a "new" mode can't be impossible. It was there before.

> > > >

> > > > People who want to play on teams against other teams won't care if it risks a population split. Team players don't want to play in a game mode infested with win traders, hackers, afk'ers, mysterious dc'ers, and anything else like that.

> > > >

> > > > Believe it or not, plenty of people have quit pvp if not left the game because they can't earn rewards as a team outside of ATs, which do not have scheduling that can fulfill all players schedules. **Yeah a lot of them that left are the same that abused the 5 man Q's. **

> > > >

> > > > Sometimes your guild mates are in a different timezone /country, and the times you can play together don't normally sync with ATs, plus if you do get it and lose, that's it for hours/days until the next roll around.

> > > >

> > > > Especially if it was a team only game mode, what is the issue if a "less than spectacular player" gets glory.

> > > >

> > > > Do the leaderboards at the moment really mean anything? If the best was on the top, how could a God of PvP ever fall in a 1 v 1?

> > > >

> > > > What does the "best" mean? Best at what?

> > > **Means your the best at the Solo Q or near that**

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Eidt: **NO TO UNRANKED, WE WANT TO EARN TEAM PRESTIGE and REWARDS**

> > > **Who is we? Cuz i'm sure everyone wants to earn prestige & rewards but looks like the majority don't want it in the 5 man Q **

> > > **Ppl voted on it**

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > People who want to play on teams against other teams

> >

> >

> >

> > Also **Ppl** voted on a trial. The original announcement is on the previous page in this thread. You can see for yourself that it says after season 5 the devs would do another poll to see if the community wanted to keep the changes or not. The post even calls solo/duo que a trail.

> > Thinking you would get an opportunity to change your mind, is it impossible to believe your vote could be swayed?

> >

> > The fact that they never did the post season poll that they PROMISED pretty much negates all claims that it is what the community still wants.

> >

> > I think the results would be different this time.

>

> I get what your saying, but i think before even thinking implementing a trial run, Anet needs to create a new mmr matchup system. Specifically for a 5 man team Q. Cuz that it where the abuse got out of control. **just saying, Let's not repeat history here. **

OR you know they could just add the same PiP reward to unranked ( this would be a compromise bc unranked is filled with players not playing there best builds etc) but i think it would be a start to a rewarding exp with friends....id be sad i wouldnt earn a badge but then again to me it has no meaning anyhow so i reckon it doesn't matter

This poll is inherently flawed, as many voters clearly did not understand what it was about. It's not about a potential new teamQ, or a separate ranked teamQ, it's about opening the current rankedQ to 5-man premade for the next season with everything it implies and nothing else.

With that in mind, i'm against it since this kind of implementation would destroy any remains of competitiveness in rankedQ. Premade players will get boosted by their friends, and solo players will be at a large disadvantage forcing anyone who actually wants to climb the leaderboard to go with a premade. Meaning that there will be a lot less player queuing since they will be forced to wait for their friends, meaning that matchmaking would probably become even worse and the leaderboard would be even more of a joke than it already is.

However, i'm aware that not everyone wants rankedQ to be a healthy competition, and a lot of player simply play ranked for the rewards and their own personal enjoyement with no will to climb and no interest in the leaderboard. And considering this, i would be perfectly fine to open the lower division to up-to-5-manQ. We already give these players the ability to duoQ, and ultimately, it really doesn't impact the higher rated players who, for the most part, want fair competition and competitive matches. I think it would be the best of both world, keep the competitiveness where it matters, and introduce more players into the gamemode since already established low rated players can invite their friends and have casual fun together.

Only if it gets a separate queue and leaderboard. If they have one queue and leaderboard for solo players and one for 5-mans only, then that would be fine. No way in [hail] should they bring back pugs vs premades though, no matter how hard they tweak the numbers to try to give the premades a handicap.

> @"Spoichiche.1290" said:

> This poll is inherently flawed, as many voters clearly did not understand what it was about. It's not about a potential new teamQ, or a separate ranked teamQ, it's about opening the current rankedQ to 5-man premade for the next season with everything it implies and nothing else.

>

> With that in mind, i'm against it since this kind of implementation would destroy any remains of competitiveness in rankedQ. Premade players will get boosted by their friends, and solo players will be at a large disadvantage forcing anyone who actually wants to climb the leaderboard to go with a premade. Meaning that there will be a lot less player queuing since they will be forced to wait for their friends, meaning that matchmaking would probably become even worse and the leaderboard would be even more of a joke than it already is.

>

> However, i'm aware that not everyone wants rankedQ to be a healthy competition, and a lot of player simply play ranked for the rewards and their own personal enjoyement with no will to climb and no interest in the leaderboard. And considering this, i would be perfectly fine to open the lower division to up-to-5-manQ. We already give these players the ability to duoQ, and ultimately, it really doesn't impact the higher rated players who, for the most part, want fair competition and competitive matches. I think it would be the best of both world, keep the competitiveness where it matters, and introduce more players into the gamemode since already established low rated players can invite their friends and have casual fun together.

to your first statement although your right from reading only the OP post.... if you took time to read the threads after it you would know that all anyone is asking for is a accessible rewarding premade exp. if that comes in constant AT , seperate team que or combined que we dont care....

combined que is just what were pushing for bc anet has already said in the few times they have talked about this issue is that they ultimately want to push the ATS for premade but will require new UI which has no timeline.... kinda like legendary weapons from Hot lol.... (we know the tech to allow us to play in rank already exists and can be turned back so its logical thats what we push for) a compromise is def on the table i assure you.

you are correct in saying some players only do ranked for fun or rewards I am one .... i gave up trying to be competitive in this game when every new elite spec that releases has immense power creep all in the name of we have to sell the game (which i understand but it kills the competitiveness of spvp so ERGO)... However i Disagree strongly with your solution to stop premades at a certain MMR bc that will only cause players to begin to throw games at that particular MMR (as people already do with duo que) so unless some tech was added that you could disable your MMR from climbing above that point or simply just disable the ability to gain rating while in a team was implemented i do not like that solution at all....

The health of spvp is bad at the end of the day and bringing back some of the premade player base the change chased away is better then just letting the train wreck burn imo....

We had mixed que for years and SPVP was never as empty as it is right now.

Nope this would break the game completely and would scream balance issues.

How would you like to fight a premade team that is all in voice coms that is all mesmers or all necros and knows how to rotate properly.

This wouldn't be fun at all. This would make people leave PvP even more man. The system they have now is fine for ranked pvp.

> @"BMW.2951" said:

> Nope this would break the game completely and would scream balance issues.

>

> How would you like to fight a premade team that is all in voice coms that is all mesmers or all necros and knows how to rotate properly.

>

> This wouldn't be fun at all. This would make people leave PvP even more man. The system they have now is fine for ranked pvp.

But we are not asking to play against solo q.

Right now, ranked is pretty much random arenas from guild wars 1, except it has a leader board.

Some of us want a Heroes Ascent style, team style, or GVG style sPvP mode with prestige and rewards. With the understanding we play against other teams. The argument that there is unranked or tournaments for team play has been effectively refuted.

I understand the solo q'r perspesctive. They want to play alone against other solo q in a random match to fight for a top spot.

But look at it from our perspective. We want to play with friends on a team against another team in a structured system with rewards and prestige or glory or whatever.

We don't want to just go into the meaningless unranked against whatever or casuals or people proving their builds.

Tournaments do not help everyone who wants to play together. Some guilds have practically global player base.

They should do something for the players who want to play teams.

Yes, we would leave solo q ranked in a heartbeat for something like this.

Solo q can keep their game mode.

Edit: And the cool thing about this is that solo q'r would not be excluded. They would just need to form a team.