Please don't change the functionality of stuff like the 32 slot bandolier afterwards

In b4 "I accidentally sold my legendary/ascended backup weapons/armor to a shopkeeper by accident."

I "only" salvaged my unidentified stuff by accident. And no, you should NOT be required to read patch notes before doing basic stuff like "salvage all" in

this game ;)

Would it have hurt that much to keep the functionality of the bandolier intact?

The invisible part of that bag was always a bug, many complained about it as with that function it was very annoying to have with the other function of the containers and consumable fill fist. Anet said right away that the invisible part of the bag was a bug and they were going to fix it. I'm sorry you made a mistake while savaging but it's not Anet's fault for fixing a bug. Maybe talk to support? not sure they can help but doesn't hurt.

@Jwake, I disagree. How am I supposed to know it's a bug if I don't read forums religiously? It is simply bad design to change functionality like that behind your back. Like I said, you shouldn't be supposed to study patch notes to be able to rely on basic functionality like salvaging working the same as before a patch. I don't care about a few unidentifieds, loss of a few gold perhaps. But this WILL lead to people accidentally selling stuff, I promise. Wouldn't it have been more sensible to keep everything the same and just say: "eh, so it was a bug, but it's not a major gamebreaker I guess so enjoy, people!" instead?

The problem was this:

It's a bag that holds consumable and open able (champion) bags. Like noxious pods and bandit bags. When you open 30 champion bags, where does all the loot go?

In your bags. Including the 32 slot one.

Now, try to right click your copper salvage o matic or your salvage kits and 'salvage all' for masterwork and below.

Guess what? 30 items were unable to be salvaged and had to be dragged out of that bag one by one.

If materials went into that bag you had to drag them out or deposit them one by one.

Now you repeat the process because we all know you can't ever open all your bags in just one go.

And now that bag fills up with minor runes and other junk. Go to a vendor and... Guess what? You can't sell them to an npc.

It was ridiculous. I own 1 invisible bag which I keep full at the bottom of my inventory at all times, containing things like alternate gear and food, etc. That's all I needed.

Glad they fixed it. The bag is usable again and I can run dragonstand and td without hassle.

1) Who's "they"? Nobody talked to me about it. Do I have to check forums about the intended functionality of items now? Or reddit? Or watch dev streams about expansions?

2) It was on the second post just at the end. Even though I had skimmed the patch notes for balance changes, it was pretty well hidden. Do I have to read patch notes now after every patch to do basic things?

It's like you getting a brand new car from ANET which you are very happy about. Then you take it to the garage for routine inspection. Driving home you notice that your brakes no longer work. You drive into a wall. After complaining, the manager tells you: "Oh, we already gave you a car for free. It shouldn't really have included brakes." and a bypasser walks up to you and tells you: "Oh, they put an advance notice of that change into your trunk. You should have read it. Also someone said on the internet that brakes weren't really intended for that line of cars."

In my opinion you should NOT have to rely on external sources to be notified of potentially damaging changes. I only lost a few gold, big whoop. But you can be certain there's a few people who sold ascended or legendary items by mistake who will now have to contact support.

> @"MLinni.6109" said:

>Do I have to read patch notes now after every patch to do basic things?

Yes.

> In my opinion you should NOT have to rely on external sources to be notified of potentially damaging changes.

Patch notes are very much not external to the game. They are official anet communications. Having to rely on reddit is one thing, having to get info from anet is something else.

Of course bugs need to be fixed. But since this was not a game breaking one it (or even recognizable as a bug if you hadn't watched dev streams/read reddit which I usually don't to avoid story spoilers) could have been handled better in my opinion. Like this:

The bag stays the same, nobody loses anything, and you can hand it to a vendor to swap it for a non-invisible one.

The item description did not mention it being an invisible bag. This means even if you're someone who absolutely refuses to read the official patch notes you should have known the item was bugged. Unless of course you also absolutely refuse to read item descriptions/tool tips too...

It is your decision to not read forums, or patch notes, you do not need Reddit to know about things; all decisions have consequences.