Who else is looking to reroll, and what direction are you going?

bLind.6278

Now that warrior has basically been effectively destroyed from sPvP and is as far out of the meta as they were s1, what's everyone gonna do?

I've got a necro, but scourge is pretty unenjoyable to play, so I'm thinking of going with either Mesmer or Guardian. Mesmer because they're Anet's wonderchild and will never be meaningfully nerfed, and guardian because I can possibly use some of my current heavy ascended armor to bridge the gap.

I'm just salty because I JUST finished Twilight, and now my main class was just douched all over.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > Umm for sPvP ascended armor does nothing...

> >

> > I play more than just sPvP. I do a lot of WvW as well.

>

> Sorry just the way I read it made me think you just mainly did sPvP.

Understandable, since that's the primary area for the nerfs. However, I occasionally do fractals, do a fair bit of world pve (neither of which were impacted by these changes, I know), and a lot of WvW. Not as much WvW on my war because it's frustrating being a bubble bitch, but still.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> Now that warrior has basically been effectively destroyed from sPvP and is as far out of the meta as they were s1, what's everyone gonna do?

>

> I've got a necro, but scourge is pretty unenjoyable to play, so I'm thinking of going with either Mesmer or Guardian. Mesmer because they're Anet's wonderchild and will never be meaningfully nerfed, and guardian because I can possibly use some of my current heavy ascended armor to bridge the gap.

>

> I'm just salty because I JUST finished Twilight, and now my main class was just douched all over.

check out soulbeast (at least in wvw), you can even use your greatsword. ranger is now more warrior like than warrior itself and you have range and can kite and not just get kited, it is awesome.

I am also rerolling cause there is no reason to play warrior anymore, but i still wait a bit to see what classes and builds will be played and i will just jump on the fotm bandwagon, no reason to stick with warrior anymore

> @"Vaga.5174" said:

> Agree with most of what has been said here. Warrior is fine in PvP. Nerfs were fine.

>

> WvW is a problem area for warrior but not at the fault of Warrior balance.

PvP nerfs were absolutely fine and in line with the direction that PvP should be going. However, warrior has a distinct role in sPvP and was pretty significantly hurt in that role because of the sustain nerfs on top of the damage nerfs. It's hard to draw opponents over to contest a node when you struggle to survive comparably to last patch.

WvW is another issue entirely where warrior exists for WoD and cleanup and nothing else.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > Agree with most of what has been said here. Warrior is fine in PvP. Nerfs were fine.

> >

> > WvW is a problem area for warrior but not at the fault of Warrior balance.

>

> PvP nerfs were absolutely fine and in line with the direction that PvP should be going. However, warrior has a distinct role in sPvP and was pretty significantly hurt in that role because of the sustain nerfs on top of the damage nerfs. It's hard to draw opponents over to contest a node when you struggle to survive comparably to last patch.

>

> WvW is another issue entirely where warrior exists for WoD and cleanup and nothing else.

Agreed, but everything else also struggles to survive now comparably to last patch in the sPvP scene.

Edit: Our role in sPvP is still distinct, we just have to be adaptive and more careful now rather than being able to easily 2v1 (sometimes 3v1) a node.

> @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > > Agree with most of what has been said here. Warrior is fine in PvP. Nerfs were fine.

> > >

> > > WvW is a problem area for warrior but not at the fault of Warrior balance.

> >

> > PvP nerfs were absolutely fine and in line with the direction that PvP should be going. However, warrior has a distinct role in sPvP and was pretty significantly hurt in that role because of the sustain nerfs on top of the damage nerfs. It's hard to draw opponents over to contest a node when you struggle to survive comparably to last patch.

> >

> > WvW is another issue entirely where warrior exists for WoD and cleanup and nothing else.

>

> Agreed, but everything else also struggles to survive now comparably to last patch in the sPvP scene.

>

> Edit: Our role in sPvP is still distinct, we just have to be adaptive and more careful now rather than being able to easily 2v1 (sometimes 3v1) a node.

Really it just means that any team in gold 2 or below with a warrior is at a huge disadvantage because few of those warriors understand their roles and will struggle in teamfights. Even if they do know what their role is, the rest of the team may not and will only funnel +1s to help the warrior stalemate to a node or just bitch and afk because they don't understand what the warrior is doing.

The warrior meta relies on people knowing how to rotate, which is another issue altogether.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > > > @"Vaga.5174" said:

> > > > Agree with most of what has been said here. Warrior is fine in PvP. Nerfs were fine.

> > > >

> > > > WvW is a problem area for warrior but not at the fault of Warrior balance.

> > >

> > > PvP nerfs were absolutely fine and in line with the direction that PvP should be going. However, warrior has a distinct role in sPvP and was pretty significantly hurt in that role because of the sustain nerfs on top of the damage nerfs. It's hard to draw opponents over to contest a node when you struggle to survive comparably to last patch.

> > >

> > > WvW is another issue entirely where warrior exists for WoD and cleanup and nothing else.

> >

> > Agreed, but everything else also struggles to survive now comparably to last patch in the sPvP scene.

> >

> > Edit: Our role in sPvP is still distinct, we just have to be adaptive and more careful now rather than being able to easily 2v1 (sometimes 3v1) a node.

>

> Really it just means that any team in gold 2 or below with a warrior is at a huge disadvantage because few of those warriors understand their roles and will struggle in teamfights. Even if they do know what their role is, the rest of the team may not and will only funnel +1s to help the warrior stalemate to a node or just kitten and afk because they don't understand what the warrior is doing.

>

> The warrior meta relies on people knowing how to rotate, which is another issue altogether.

What you have just stated is players not understanding their profession or roles. That is not a warrior specific issue that is the same for every class. I dont see what your point is here.

A large aspect of PvP relies on people knowing how to rotate, its not just the warrior meta.

In WvW I have been playing other classes and taking a break from Warrior for a bit, its been an eye opening experience to say the least. Right now I am playing Deadeye Thief and will be setting up some sort of Mesmer this week.

Unfortunately, its has only hardened my opinions on this game.

Warrior is still my main, I have 4+ of them with specific builds, but I still have not crafted any Legendary Armor yet, this test sessions should help me make up my mind.