Small rant about medium armor

Why do >90% of the medium armor chest skins have to have a cloak,coat tails, etc. I don't want all my guys to be in dresses/long coats, sometimes I just want good leather style armor.

End rant, thank you for your time

paid for by the party who is tired of all medium skins being coats.

I have a similar rant about the majority of armour for females rendering the character half naked. As a female gamer, I just have a hard time making the relation between with going into battle and being half naked. ;-) Thankfully, I found some gear on my heavy armour characters and my Druid. I am not happy with how the Druid looks but I just can't seem to find an outfit I think suits the Norn body type; that colour coordinates with the rest of the pieces in my wardrobe; that isn't half naked and isn't a trench coat.

Edit: I would be happy if they just made all skins adaptive to all armour weights. It would give a lot more freedom and flexibility with the wardrobe

Anet used to say it's because every armor weight needs to have a distinctive silouhette. This is ofc a sorry excuse now that we have outfits and any class/weight can look as any class/weight at all times. Still, every time the issue arises and is discussed by ANet employees this is the go-to answer. sry m8

> @"schmots.6803" said:

> Why do >90% of the medium armor chest skins have to have a cloak,coat tails, etc. I don't want all my guys to be in dresses/long coats, sometimes I just want good leather style armor.

>

> End rant, thank you for your time

>

> paid for by the party who is tired of all medium skins being coats.

90% I think you're low balling it. I know that females have a handful of options, but I just made a new Asura holosmith and I absolutely didn't want the coat tails. I found two options, both from the PvP Glorious set. So I'm stuck playing roughly 25 PvP matches over 25 days in order to get enough rating (or whatever) to get the Glorious Armor box. While I was making the outfit I was amazed how many pants had interesting waists that I've never seen because it's covered.

> @"PaxTheGreatOne.9472" said:

> My thief disagrees...

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/4SwvxdLm.jpg "")

>

>

> Then again, yes I had 14 skins to make the set from when only checking legs and chest. All others are like you say... Still plenty of options to go round.

If your char is a female wearing female gear. Not near as many if you’re using male gear.

> If your char is a female wearing female gear. Not near as many if you’re using male gear.

This. The human and norn females have far more work done on their versions of the armor. (Pure Speculation, but a side-by-side comparison would really support that theory.)

It's almost as if they spend all their time working on the female version, then after they go "oh, shit!" And just slap a trench coat over the top of everything for males. Then there is even less time to properly scale and design the armor for charr and asura, and they just say "Eff it!" and make it clip, stretch, pull, twist in all sorts of ways because human female is meta.

Which there is only a female human meta due to this issue, in my opinion.

It just snowballs when you put more attention to detail for a race/gender, more people are going to choose it.