Should tab targeting skip phantasms?

Curunen.8729

Just thinking of a way to ease the problems people have with targeting. For the record I don't mind one way or the other.

If nearest/next/previous enemy only selected and cycled through clones and the player, you'd be at most 2-3 button presses away from reacquiring a target.

Obvious downside to this change is if someone wanted to intentionally target/kill a phantasm - but tbh that isn't really relevant with the state of the game anymore as most of the time you'd either aoe/cleave or focus the player anyway.

Of course this doesn't diminish the need for reduced screen clutter, but it could allow retargeting to be more straightforward for players having difficulty.

Give mesmer a higher priority (that's a thing in PvP too, right?) than clones and I think it will be golden. You would still have to tab target through phantasms, but not through clones. People that want to tab target find the mesmer "relatively" quickly. People that prefer to click on their target face the same problem they currently face

Let me first say I don't play mesmer at all, but the answer is no. Part of the mesmer's makeup is deception. Which one is the real mesmer? If you take that away, you also take away what makes a mesmers a mesmer in the first place. Also, go down this road, and you'll have players asking this for necromancer and rangers' pets as well.

No, thank you.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> Let me first say I don't play mesmer at all, but the answer is no. Part of the mesmer's makeup is deception. Which one is the real mesmer? If you take that away, you also take away what makes a mesmers a mesmer in the first place. Also, go down this road, and you'll have players asking this for necromancer and rangers' pets as well.

>

> No, thank you.

Phantasms aren't deceptive given they look entirely different from the player and you'd still have to tab through clones. The deception would still be there with clones, but there wouldn't be the need to cycle through phantasm targets which are obviously not the real player, reducing the number of button presses needed.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> Give mesmer a higher priority (that's a thing in PvP too, right?) than clones and I think it will be golden. You would still have to tab target through phantasms, but not through clones. People that want to tab target find the mesmer "relatively" quickly. People that prefer to click on their target face the same problem they currently face

Nearest/next usually does select the player anyway. Hmm I'd have thought to help with the idea of deception using things like Illusionary Ambush that one *should* have to tab through clones, especially as they are the only thing that is currently capped whereas phantasms aren't, as well as them looking like the player whereas phantasms can be mentally filtered out by any decent player (aside from the quantity causing clutter).

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

>

True if this happened it ought to apply to certain other minions - but not all though - depends on gameplay whether it's important to directly target and kill certain things or whether the idea is to focus the player (ie ranger pets should be targetable, but perhaps some necro minions shouldn't). Sure, capping phantasms could be enough.

It's worth noting that tab targeting already skips the vast majority of non-player entities. Iirc, phantasms and clones are the only non-player entities that are treated with the same priority as players. Tabbing around will prioritize players first, then non-player entities.

I think it would be fine and appropriate if tab targeting treated phantasms at the same priority as other non-player entities while leaving clones at the same priority of players.

> Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

>

6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

4. 2 of them slow you

And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

1. 25 stacks of Might

2. Fury

3. Swiftness

4. Quickness

5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

6. Protection

7. Regeneration

8. Retaliation

9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

10. Vigor

11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

> >

>

> 6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

>

> Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

>

> 1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

> 2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

> 3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

> 4. 2 of them slow you

>

> And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

> Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

>

> 1. 25 stacks of Might

> 2. Fury

> 3. Swiftness

> 4. Quickness

> 5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

> 6. Protection

> 7. Regeneration

> 8. Retaliation

> 9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

> 10. Vigor

> 11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

> 12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

I’m trying to be realistic. If you honestly believe Anet is to revert the change after all the work they put into it then I can’t help you. They aren’t going to change it, nor will they do a split between PvE/PvP as they’ve already said they don’t want to split functionality across games modes.

3 phantasms is realistic because it eliminates spamming them with F5 and SoE. Clones do little to no damage unless mirage traited with IH or they are being shattered at which point they’re running towards you. That’s not to say they disenchanter, defender, and swordsman don’t need a damage nerf as they do.

Also you’re still exaggerating everything. Unless Chrono is running mirror images it has no target breaks. Defender is a 50s cd, etc.

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

> > >

> >

> > 6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

> >

> > Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

> >

> > 1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

> > 2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

> > 3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

> > 4. 2 of them slow you

> >

> > And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

> > Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

> >

> > 1. 25 stacks of Might

> > 2. Fury

> > 3. Swiftness

> > 4. Quickness

> > 5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

> > 6. Protection

> > 7. Regeneration

> > 8. Retaliation

> > 9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

> > 10. Vigor

> > 11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

> > 12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

>

> I’m trying to be realistic. If you honestly believe Anet is to revert the change after all the work they put into it then I can’t help you. They aren’t going to change it, nor will they do a split between PvE/PvP as they’ve already said they don’t want to split functionality across games modes.

>

> 3 phantasms is realistic because it eliminates spamming them with F5 and SoE. Clones do little to no damage unless mirage traited with IH or they are being shattered at which point they’re running towards you. That’s not to say they disenchanter, defender, and swordsman don’t need a damage nerf as they do.

>

> Also you’re still exaggerating everything. Unless Chrono is running mirror images it has no target breaks. Defender is a 50s cd, etc.

Just because you're being realistic doesn't mean you're right. Mesmer was already extremely strong, and the rework made them so insanely overpowered that the only sensible solution is to completely revert the changes.

Target breaks apply to Mirage.

Defender has a 25 second cooldown on the Chrono builds due to permanent alacrity. Which then gets resummoned and can be repeated roughly every 15 seconds due to the 17.5 second cooldown on Signet of the Ether.

Again, I'm not exaggerating anything.

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

> > > >

> > >

> > > 6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

> > >

> > > Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

> > >

> > > 1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

> > > 2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

> > > 3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

> > > 4. 2 of them slow you

> > >

> > > And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

> > > Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

> > >

> > > 1. 25 stacks of Might

> > > 2. Fury

> > > 3. Swiftness

> > > 4. Quickness

> > > 5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

> > > 6. Protection

> > > 7. Regeneration

> > > 8. Retaliation

> > > 9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

> > > 10. Vigor

> > > 11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

> > > 12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

> >

> > I’m trying to be realistic. If you honestly believe Anet is to revert the change after all the work they put into it then I can’t help you. They aren’t going to change it, nor will they do a split between PvE/PvP as they’ve already said they don’t want to split functionality across games modes.

> >

> > 3 phantasms is realistic because it eliminates spamming them with F5 and SoE. Clones do little to no damage unless mirage traited with IH or they are being shattered at which point they’re running towards you. That’s not to say they disenchanter, defender, and swordsman don’t need a damage nerf as they do.

> >

> > Also you’re still exaggerating everything. Unless Chrono is running mirror images it has no target breaks. Defender is a 50s cd, etc.

>

> Just because you're being realistic doesn't mean you're right. Mesmer was already extremely strong, and the rework made them so insanely overpowered that the only sensible solution is to completely revert the changes.

>

Again, that’s not going to happen nor is it sensible. A damage reduction to certain phantasms and a limit are sensible.

> Target breaks apply to Mirage.

You were specificly referencing a Chrono build and said it has target breaks. Mirage cannot have Alacrity unless running SoI yet you’re saying it’s got perma Alacrity. Just like Chrono won’t have the same vigor uptime as Mirage.

>

> Defender has a 25 second cooldown on the Chrono builds due to permanent alacrity. Which then gets resummoned and can be repeated roughly every 15 seconds due to the 17.5 second cooldown on Signet of the Ether.

No meta build is running SoE and if someone is running SoE and use their heal just to resummon phantasms it’s an easy kill. Meta Mirage runs False Oasis and Chrono runs WoE.

>

> Again, I'm not exaggerating anything.

Yes you are because you’re throwing everything into one build that’s running every trait line. Meta mirage doesn’t run Inspiration which means no condi clear on shatter or phantasm summon and no defender unless the trait is ran. Which means it’s competing for a spot for blink or stealth. Meta Chrono runs shield which means you can prevent the phantasm summon but also doesn’t run stealth as it can’t run portal, blink, disenchanter, and defender all at once.

Pick one build to discuss rather than lumping all of them together.

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > 6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

> > > >

> > > > Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

> > > >

> > > > 1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

> > > > 2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

> > > > 3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

> > > > 4. 2 of them slow you

> > > >

> > > > And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

> > > > Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

> > > >

> > > > 1. 25 stacks of Might

> > > > 2. Fury

> > > > 3. Swiftness

> > > > 4. Quickness

> > > > 5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

> > > > 6. Protection

> > > > 7. Regeneration

> > > > 8. Retaliation

> > > > 9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

> > > > 10. Vigor

> > > > 11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

> > > > 12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

> > >

> > > I’m trying to be realistic. If you honestly believe Anet is to revert the change after all the work they put into it then I can’t help you. They aren’t going to change it, nor will they do a split between PvE/PvP as they’ve already said they don’t want to split functionality across games modes.

> > >

> > > 3 phantasms is realistic because it eliminates spamming them with F5 and SoE. Clones do little to no damage unless mirage traited with IH or they are being shattered at which point they’re running towards you. That’s not to say they disenchanter, defender, and swordsman don’t need a damage nerf as they do.

> > >

> > > Also you’re still exaggerating everything. Unless Chrono is running mirror images it has no target breaks. Defender is a 50s cd, etc.

> >

> > Just because you're being realistic doesn't mean you're right. Mesmer was already extremely strong, and the rework made them so insanely overpowered that the only sensible solution is to completely revert the changes.

> >

> Again, that’s not going to happen nor is it sensible. A damage reduction to certain phantasms and a limit are sensible.

>

> > Target breaks apply to Mirage.

>

> You were specificly referencing a Chrono build and said it has target breaks. Mirage cannot have Alacrity unless running SoI yet you’re saying it’s got perma Alacrity. Just like Chrono won’t have the same vigor uptime as Mirage.

Everything else applies to the Chrono build except the target breaks.

> >

> > Defender has a 25 second cooldown on the Chrono builds due to permanent alacrity. Which then gets resummoned and can be repeated roughly every 15 seconds due to the 17.5 second cooldown on Signet of the Ether.

>

> No meta build is running SoE and if someone is running SoE and use their heal just to resummon phantasms it’s an easy kill. Meta Mirage runs False Oasis and Chrono runs WoE.

You're wrong. The meta build uses SoE. Smart ones don't use SoE strictly to resummon, and even if they do, they are by no means an "easy kill."

Chronos run SoE, not WoE.

> >

> > Again, I'm not exaggerating anything.

>

> **Yes you are because you’re throwing everything into one build that’s running every trait line.** Meta mirage doesn’t run Inspiration which means no condi clear on shatter or phantasm summon and no defender unless the trait is ran. Which means it’s competing for a spot for blink or stealth. Meta Chrono runs shield which means you can prevent the phantasm summon but also doesn’t run stealth as it can’t run portal, blink, disenchanter, and defender all at once.

> Pick one build to discuss rather than lumping all of them together.

No I'm not. The build is Chaos, Illusions, Chrono/Mirage. You don't need Inspiration. Mirage's use Illusionary Ambush which is a target break as well as a 1200 range teleport.

The Mirage build uses Portal, Blink/Illusionary Ambush/Disenchanter/Defender.

I never mentioned anything about stealth.

I don't see why I have to explain this to you. If you don't know what build(s) I'm talking about, then you obviously don't know enough to contribute meaningfully. Like, I'm literally explaining to you what the build because you think people are talking about one that's "running every traitline." _Seriously_? Like come on dude...

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > 6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

> > > > > 2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

> > > > > 3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

> > > > > 4. 2 of them slow you

> > > > >

> > > > > And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

> > > > > Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. 25 stacks of Might

> > > > > 2. Fury

> > > > > 3. Swiftness

> > > > > 4. Quickness

> > > > > 5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

> > > > > 6. Protection

> > > > > 7. Regeneration

> > > > > 8. Retaliation

> > > > > 9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

> > > > > 10. Vigor

> > > > > 11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

> > > > > 12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

> > > >

> > > > I’m trying to be realistic. If you honestly believe Anet is to revert the change after all the work they put into it then I can’t help you. They aren’t going to change it, nor will they do a split between PvE/PvP as they’ve already said they don’t want to split functionality across games modes.

> > > >

> > > > 3 phantasms is realistic because it eliminates spamming them with F5 and SoE. Clones do little to no damage unless mirage traited with IH or they are being shattered at which point they’re running towards you. That’s not to say they disenchanter, defender, and swordsman don’t need a damage nerf as they do.

> > > >

> > > > Also you’re still exaggerating everything. Unless Chrono is running mirror images it has no target breaks. Defender is a 50s cd, etc.

> > >

> > > Just because you're being realistic doesn't mean you're right. Mesmer was already extremely strong, and the rework made them so insanely overpowered that the only sensible solution is to completely revert the changes.

> > >

> > Again, that’s not going to happen nor is it sensible. A damage reduction to certain phantasms and a limit are sensible.

> >

> > > Target breaks apply to Mirage.

> >

> > You were specificly referencing a Chrono build and said it has target breaks. Mirage cannot have Alacrity unless running SoI yet you’re saying it’s got perma Alacrity. Just like Chrono won’t have the same vigor uptime as Mirage.

>

> Everything else applies to the Chrono build except the target breaks.

>

> > >

> > > Defender has a 25 second cooldown on the Chrono builds due to permanent alacrity. Which then gets resummoned and can be repeated roughly every 15 seconds due to the 17.5 second cooldown on Signet of the Ether.

> >

> > No meta build is running SoE and if someone is running SoE and use their heal just to resummon phantasms it’s an easy kill. Meta Mirage runs False Oasis and Chrono runs WoE.

>

> You're wrong. The meta build uses SoE. Smart ones don't use SoE strictly to resummon, and even if they do, they are by no means an "easy kill."

>

> Chronos run SoE, not WoE.

>

> > >

> > > Again, I'm not exaggerating anything.

> >

> > **Yes you are because you’re throwing everything into one build that’s running every trait line.** Meta mirage doesn’t run Inspiration which means no condi clear on shatter or phantasm summon and no defender unless the trait is ran. Which means it’s competing for a spot for blink or stealth. Meta Chrono runs shield which means you can prevent the phantasm summon but also doesn’t run stealth as it can’t run portal, blink, disenchanter, and defender all at once.

> > Pick one build to discuss rather than lumping all of them together.

>

> No I'm not. The build is Chaos, Illusions, Chrono/Mirage. You don't need Inspiration. Mirage's use Illusionary Ambush which is a target break as well as a 1200 range teleport.

>

> The Mirage build uses Portal, Blink/Illusionary Ambush/Disenchanter/Defender.

>

> I never mentioned anything about stealth.

>

> I don't see why I have to explain this to you. If you don't know what build(s) I'm talking about, then you obviously don't know enough to contribute meaningfully. Like, I'm literally explaining to you what the build because you think people are talking about one that's "running every traitline." _Seriously_? Like come on dude...

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Disenchanter_Mirage

Meta mirage

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Disenchanter

Meta Chrono.

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > Nah. You start skipping phantasms then they’ll want clones, minions, spirits, gyros, pets, etc all skipped. That’s just too much I think. Easier to limit three clones and three phantasms to reduce the clutter on screen without having to make Anet do more coding.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 6 is still way too many lol. There's an average of about 8 or more AI on the screen with a single mesmer alone. Reducing that amount by 2 isn't going to help. The cap needs to be brought back to 3.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you realize how much awareness it takes to pay attention to both people in a 1v2? It takes astronomical amounts to pay attention to 8 (not to mention it's impossible). However, it's still _necessary_ because out of those 8:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. 2 of them strip all of your boons and are unblockable

> > > > > > 2. 2 of them cc you and then hit for 10k

> > > > > > 3. 2 of them do consistent **high** ranged pressure

> > > > > > 4. 2 of them slow you

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And the cycle repeats every 15 seconds in between shatters, hard and soft ccs, blinks, and target breaks.

> > > > > > Not to mention that the mesmer has permanent:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. 25 stacks of Might

> > > > > > 2. Fury

> > > > > > 3. Swiftness

> > > > > > 4. Quickness

> > > > > > 5. Alacrity (even when traited for reduced alacrity duration LUL)

> > > > > > 6. Protection

> > > > > > 7. Regeneration

> > > > > > 8. Retaliation

> > > > > > 9. 1-2 stacks of Stability

> > > > > > 10. Vigor

> > > > > > 11. Occasionally 16 seconds of resistance

> > > > > > 12. Constant reapplication of Aegis

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m trying to be realistic. If you honestly believe Anet is to revert the change after all the work they put into it then I can’t help you. They aren’t going to change it, nor will they do a split between PvE/PvP as they’ve already said they don’t want to split functionality across games modes.

> > > > >

> > > > > 3 phantasms is realistic because it eliminates spamming them with F5 and SoE. Clones do little to no damage unless mirage traited with IH or they are being shattered at which point they’re running towards you. That’s not to say they disenchanter, defender, and swordsman don’t need a damage nerf as they do.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also you’re still exaggerating everything. Unless Chrono is running mirror images it has no target breaks. Defender is a 50s cd, etc.

> > > >

> > > > Just because you're being realistic doesn't mean you're right. Mesmer was already extremely strong, and the rework made them so insanely overpowered that the only sensible solution is to completely revert the changes.

> > > >

> > > Again, that’s not going to happen nor is it sensible. A damage reduction to certain phantasms and a limit are sensible.

> > >

> > > > Target breaks apply to Mirage.

> > >

> > > You were specificly referencing a Chrono build and said it has target breaks. Mirage cannot have Alacrity unless running SoI yet you’re saying it’s got perma Alacrity. Just like Chrono won’t have the same vigor uptime as Mirage.

> >

> > Everything else applies to the Chrono build except the target breaks.

> >

> > > >

> > > > Defender has a 25 second cooldown on the Chrono builds due to permanent alacrity. Which then gets resummoned and can be repeated roughly every 15 seconds due to the 17.5 second cooldown on Signet of the Ether.

> > >

> > > No meta build is running SoE and if someone is running SoE and use their heal just to resummon phantasms it’s an easy kill. Meta Mirage runs False Oasis and Chrono runs WoE.

> >

> > You're wrong. The meta build uses SoE. Smart ones don't use SoE strictly to resummon, and even if they do, they are by no means an "easy kill."

> >

> > Chronos run SoE, not WoE.

> >

> > > >

> > > > Again, I'm not exaggerating anything.

> > >

> > > **Yes you are because you’re throwing everything into one build that’s running every trait line.** Meta mirage doesn’t run Inspiration which means no condi clear on shatter or phantasm summon and no defender unless the trait is ran. Which means it’s competing for a spot for blink or stealth. Meta Chrono runs shield which means you can prevent the phantasm summon but also doesn’t run stealth as it can’t run portal, blink, disenchanter, and defender all at once.

> > > Pick one build to discuss rather than lumping all of them together.

> >

> > No I'm not. The build is Chaos, Illusions, Chrono/Mirage. You don't need Inspiration. Mirage's use Illusionary Ambush which is a target break as well as a 1200 range teleport.

> >

> > The Mirage build uses Portal, Blink/Illusionary Ambush/Disenchanter/Defender.

> >

> > I never mentioned anything about stealth.

> >

> > I don't see why I have to explain this to you. If you don't know what build(s) I'm talking about, then you obviously don't know enough to contribute meaningfully. Like, I'm literally explaining to you what the build because you think people are talking about one that's "running every traitline." _Seriously_? Like come on dude...

>

> http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Disenchanter_Mirage

> Meta mirage

>

> http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Disenchanter

> Meta Chrono.

>

>

lol I honestly have no words at this point

Watch literally any PvP streamer/someone who plays mesmer, do some unranked games, join a dueling server, etc. etc.

The meta is chaos, illusions, chrono/mirage and if you think otherwise (which you clearly do) you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Metabattle isn't that reliable and if you're getting all of your information on the "meta" from that website, you should play the actual game some more.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Should tab targeting skip phantasms?

It absolutely should skip all clones and phantasms. Even the mesmer players themselves admit that ONLY GOOD PLAYERS know which one is the real mesmer. Poor players don't even know how to attack this class, let alone beat it! This is an abomination, an error of such gargantuan scale that it cannot be reversed. It's a tragedy that the combat system is so shockingly appalling, but it's also a lesson for future games to learn from.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> It's worth noting that tab targeting already skips the vast majority of non-player entities. Iirc, phantasms and clones are the only non-player entities that are treated with the same priority as players. Tabbing around will prioritize players first, then non-player entities.

>

> I think it would be fine and appropriate if tab targeting treated phantasms at the same priority as other non-player entities while leaving clones at the same priority of players.

Thanks for affirming that - I've never been too clear on exact targeting priorities (I just tab through really fast to what I want) and certainly would be good to see phantasms have their target priority lower compared with players and clones.