I wish LNHB was a category title.

I dont think thee title should be changed for the slight case that a bug occurs which adds that little luck into the whole thing. I did join a group that was trying to get the title and we got it fine but the 3rd or forth time and all the times we lost it was due to wipes. If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done CM100 maybe 100 times now, and yeah it is luck. Especially now that the instabilities are randomized. There's a lot of ways things can go wrong, from players having connection issues, to rogue house pets interfering with the game, to the servers themselves having a hiccup, to somebody having an off moment, to people charging ahead before setting the strategy. If anyone tells you that they are so elite they never mess up, they're lying. Crap happens, a lot.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I've done CM100 maybe 100 times now, and yeah it is luck. Especially now that the instabilities are randomized. There's a lot of ways things can go wrong, from players having connection issues, to rogue house pets interfering with the game, to the servers themselves having a hiccup, to somebody having an off moment, to people charging ahead before setting the strategy.

I don't know about your connection and your location details but here in the middle of Europe connection issues are a rare thing during prime time. Be it own providers and routing or Anet servers. Having an off moment can happen but isn't a regular things as well as charging in before setting the strategy.

When you are aiming for the title you should make that clear beforehand. Don't speculate about it and pray to god that hopefully this time nobody will fail. That's the wrong strategy because in a pug the other 4 people will have no clue about your desires.

> If anyone tells you that they are so elite they never mess up, they're lying. Crap happens, a lot.

I pug CMs on a daily basis in rare cases with a friend of mine (both around 300-350 essences - we didn't start on CM release). Our groups usually have requirements of around 60 KP sometimes 100+ when he is setting up the lfg because he had some bad experiences. Almost all of those runs are clean and sober and you barely have catastrophic situations or terrible wipes. Random instabilities almost had no impact on my groups in 100CM so far, maybe once or twice since their introduction.

Also it has nothing to do with being elite and no, it's not lying. It's just players knowing the fractal by heart and if they play their favorite class it's even better. You need to have a good chrono - not just a lazy boon provider - and a good druid - not a pocket healer that pew-pews around with this staff. If those two actually execute their tasks properly dmg dealers can do theirs and you'll breeze through 100CM like nothing. 99CM is way "harder" imho.

Really, I don't know if you are playing with your friends or known mates but maybe its them and not the luck factor preventing you from getting the title. Additionally I wouldn't join groups without or very low requirements to get the title because they need more practice to be on par with more experienced groups so the possibility of a death/wipe is higher there.

> @"Sister Saxifrage.7361" said:

> Isn't it interesting how nobody is arguing that the title would be no less a measure of skill if it could be acquired in parts? I would have thought at least one person would want to say something about fatigue or the ability to tweak group composition.

It would actually be less of a meassure of skill but ehh.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Sister Saxifrage.7361" said:

> > Isn't it interesting how nobody is arguing that the title would be no less a measure of skill if it could be acquired in parts? I would have thought at least one person would want to say something about fatigue or the ability to tweak group composition.

>

> It would actually be less of a meassure of skill but ehh.

^ this, there is nothing to add

If you really want the title so badly, just take a FB healer. They can make it so you ignore all the mechanics except anomally. Then the only "luck" is DCs (if you're falling through the floor, get better DPS so the floor never start to disappear for it to glitch out).

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

The title is just a matter of time if you continue to play. All it requires is a little bit of consistency. Meaning that you will most likely not just luck out by having the most reliable person draw every single deadly mechanic. The need to keep this up for three bosses in turn makes that rather unlikely. Everyone is instead required to perform well to a certain degree and to be experienced in dealing with said mechanics. Not that you might not get incredibely lucky even with the current title.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

>

> The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

>

>

Alot of the "broken" stuff are due to ppl not doing it the intented way. Theres nothing to fix about that.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

> >

> > The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

> >

> >

>

> Alot of the "broken" stuff are due to ppl not doing it the intented way. Theres nothing to fix about that.

Stuck in textures bug is not part of this boss mechanics. Unless you give me dev quote saying otherwise :)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

> > >

> > > The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Alot of the "broken" stuff are due to ppl not doing it the intented way. Theres nothing to fix about that.

>

> Stuck in textures bug is not part of this boss mechanics. Unless you give me dev quote saying otherwise :)

What boss are you talking about? I personally never got stuck in any terain when jumping then and i dont think 1 bug that can happen rarely isnt enough of a reason to devalue an achievement unless said bug trivialises it.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

> > > >

> > > > The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Alot of the "broken" stuff are due to ppl not doing it the intented way. Theres nothing to fix about that.

> >

> > Stuck in textures bug is not part of this boss mechanics. Unless you give me dev quote saying otherwise :)

>

> What boss are you talking about? I personally never got stuck in any terain when jumping then and i dont think 1 bug that can happen rarely isnt enough of a reason to devalue an achievement unless said bug trivialises it.

My group experienced it 2 days in a row. Your happy experience is irrelevant for us, thank you :)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Alot of the "broken" stuff are due to ppl not doing it the intented way. Theres nothing to fix about that.

> > >

> > > Stuck in textures bug is not part of this boss mechanics. Unless you give me dev quote saying otherwise :)

> >

> > What boss are you talking about? I personally never got stuck in any terain when jumping then and i dont think 1 bug that can happen rarely isnt enough of a reason to devalue an achievement unless said bug trivialises it.

>

> My group experienced it 2 days in a row. Your happy experience is irrelevant for us, thank you :)

Great then you did the same thing that most likely caused it twice. Go report it and im sure ben can fix it, till then dont nerf achievement due to 1 bug.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > If ppl feel like they might clip in the terrain then they might as well not do the stuff that are more likely to lead to that and instead go for the more secure aproach.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only people who should do anything about this are devs. They shouldn't sell broken product and expect players to go around their mistakes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Alot of the "broken" stuff are due to ppl not doing it the intented way. Theres nothing to fix about that.

> > > >

> > > > Stuck in textures bug is not part of this boss mechanics. Unless you give me dev quote saying otherwise :)

> > >

> > > What boss are you talking about? I personally never got stuck in any terain when jumping then and i dont think 1 bug that can happen rarely isnt enough of a reason to devalue an achievement unless said bug trivialises it.

> >

> > My group experienced it 2 days in a row. Your happy experience is irrelevant for us, thank you :)

>

> Great then you did the same thing that most likely caused it twice. Go report it and im sure ben can fix it, till then dont nerf achievement due to 1 bug.

I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

First of all the luck factor is extremely small to negligible. Dozens of LNHB runs on my side are proof enough for that. Secondly too few players have bought this title and run around proudly or brag about it.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

>

> First of all the luck factor is extremely small to negligible. Dozens of LNHB runs on my side are proof enough for that. Secondly too few players have bought this title and run around proudly or brag about it.

What are the numbers exactly?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

> >

> > First of all the luck factor is extremely small to negligible. Dozens of LNHB runs on my side are proof enough for that. Secondly too few players have bought this title and run around proudly or brag about it.

>

> What are the numbers exactly?

327 in total.

Who cares how many. Not me. In my environment (daily cm fractal groups, raid squads) people have it legit. I'll recognize buyers easily as they are nowhere near to be a LNHB player in terms of skill. You can even spot them by their movement before a simple fight is starting.

It would not have any prestige if you could get the title by luck. Which no you cant get it by luck you get it by beating the challenge.

U can lose an attempt or 2 by luck (namely a dc or a bug) but the former is outside the game's control and the latter gets smaller and smaller with updates and bug fixes.

Also being able to buy an achievement does devalue it but u must consider by how much. Can u join and afk? No coz u will die. Even if you join just for the rest to kill it does it not require skill from the rest? Ofc it does.

Ppl can also buy the raid cms does that make a legitimate cm kill not prestigious? it devalues its prestige but ots still FAR from worthless.

And iirc u can die in the cm and still get credit after wards in the fractal u cant u need to stay alive during the entirety of it. That surelly sounds harder to me. Deff something i wouldnt call worthless on release.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

> > >

> > > First of all the luck factor is extremely small to negligible. Dozens of LNHB runs on my side are proof enough for that. Secondly too few players have bought this title and run around proudly or brag about it.

> >

> > What are the numbers exactly?

>

> 327 in total.

>

> Who cares how many. Not me. In my environment (daily cm fractal groups, raid squads) people have it legit. I'll recognize buyers easily as they are nowhere near to be a LNHB player in terms of skill. You can even spot them by their movement before a simple fight is starting.

I don't understand how your personal experience is in any way a rule for the community. People are buying even harder titles than LNHB. As long as Anet makes these titles so easy that people can buy them, they have 0 prestige.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Ppl can also buy the raid cms does that make a legitimate cm kill not prestigious?

Yes it does.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I don't understand how your personal experience is in any way a rule for the community. People are buying even harder titles than LNHB. As long as Anet makes these titles so easy that people can buy them, they have 0 prestige.

In terms of titles I don't care about the community. Some titles are just ridiculous to get like "Dungeoneer". Unfortunately Anet allowed this years ago.

But what I care about is my closer environment in the game when I'm asking for kps. Do I join simple LNHB groups? No. Do I join LNHB groups + 60+ kp (although the LNHB isn't necessary for me to join groups). Yes, because it shows a certain mindset and the probability is very high that those players are highly experienced and were able to beat the content flawlessly. I also let the group originator ping his kp to avoid someone of taking a carry. The thing is you can't duck and hope that nobody will recognize your inexperience. It definitely won't work. Maybe it could work in raids I don't know but not in fractals where you have a smaller group and need five people to be on point for a decent run.

Do I care about people that are doing fire elemental with LNHB or Cursed Shore farming with The Unclean or Chak Gerent with Voice in the Void? Not at all because it's just not relevant to me.

Additionally I know that I got the title by myself with some effort.

Btw. I only know one harder PvE title than LNHB and that is the wing 5 cm title even "Demon's Demise" isn't harder than LNHB nowadays. WvW is just grind and since tournaments were rigged and also bought I couldn't care less about PvP titles as well.