> > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > > > > > > I've never had a problem with it on any class. Still don't when I see it occasionally from mesmers or the rare engy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I wouldn’t argue with them. Their so blinded by their hatred for the class even when the majority of the Mesmer players are offering suggestions for nerfs they still come on here on say every Mesmer main thinks the class is fine. The only person that has said it was fine was ilthiwen. Everyone else has suggested nerfs. And then they over exaggerate, when called out they want to argue semantics, start making accusations, etc.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Every time a mesmer thread comes up, here you are. I get that you like the class, cool. But don't be blinded by your love for it. I don't love any of these classes in game. All I want is a balanced competitive game without all the shenanigans: AI clutter for days, Long lasting pulsing aoe that is larger than a point, near endless resetting of fights, evade on skills, chaining skills that allow you to avoid all incoming damage, high up time of boons, rapid -reapplication of boons etc.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > The rangers have more

> > > > >

> > > > > No they don't. Mesmers are objectively the most overpowered class right now. Everyone knows you're just trying to deflect the attention to rangers when really not many people have a problem with them to begin with.

> > > > >

> > > > > Its funny cause when I asked you what your rating was a few weeks ago you ignored it completely.

> > > >

> > > > I didn't want to share my build before that,I just think it's foolish to complain too much on the forum .So I share a truly powerful build stop the ridiculous complaints

> > >

> > > So, basically you just admitted that you tried to deflect the attention from mesmer to ranger by sharing a "truly powerful build." lol... The build you made a thread about is actually extremely trash.

> > >

> > > The complaints about mesmer aren't ridiculous, they're perfectly reasonable and backed up by screenshots, videos, etc. etc. Which is more than you've ever provided.

> > >

> > > And again, you still haven't given us a screenshot of your rating. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've ignored the question.

> >

> > I've been warned about sharing scores. It's not worth persuading you.So I won't argue with you too much

>

> They don't care about sharing scores lol. You literally asked me to share my rating and I linked a screenshot of it. I didn't get any warnings.

>

> > How many points do you have in rank?

>

> Like I said, you refuse to give us a screenshot of your rating.

>

> Just to put it out there, you're the same person who said these things:

>

> 1. Thief meta is s/d daredevil.

> 2. A.E.D. Holosmith is meta.

> 3. SB/S-D Soulbeast is meta.

The questioner is warned. I don't care about meta,You are right. Please don't bother me.ok?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I've never had a problem with it on any class. Still don't when I see it occasionally from mesmers or the rare engy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I wouldn’t argue with them. Their so blinded by their hatred for the class even when the majority of the Mesmer players are offering suggestions for nerfs they still come on here on say every Mesmer main thinks the class is fine. The only person that has said it was fine was ilthiwen. Everyone else has suggested nerfs. And then they over exaggerate, when called out they want to argue semantics, start making accusations, etc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Every time a mesmer thread comes up, here you are. I get that you like the class, cool. But don't be blinded by your love for it. I don't love any of these classes in game. All I want is a balanced competitive game without all the shenanigans: AI clutter for days, Long lasting pulsing aoe that is larger than a point, near endless resetting of fights, evade on skills, chaining skills that allow you to avoid all incoming damage, high up time of boons, rapid -reapplication of boons etc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The rangers have more

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No they don't. Mesmers are objectively the most overpowered class right now. Everyone knows you're just trying to deflect the attention to rangers when really not many people have a problem with them to begin with.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its funny cause when I asked you what your rating was a few weeks ago you ignored it completely.

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't want to share my build before that,I just think it's foolish to complain too much on the forum .So I share a truly powerful build stop the ridiculous complaints

> > > >

> > > > So, basically you just admitted that you tried to deflect the attention from mesmer to ranger by sharing a "truly powerful build." lol... The build you made a thread about is actually extremely trash.

> > > >

> > > > The complaints about mesmer aren't ridiculous, they're perfectly reasonable and backed up by screenshots, videos, etc. etc. Which is more than you've ever provided.

> > > >

> > > > And again, you still haven't given us a screenshot of your rating. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've ignored the question.

> > >

> > > I've been warned about sharing scores. It's not worth persuading you.So I won't argue with you too much

> >

> > They don't care about sharing scores lol. You literally asked me to share my rating and I linked a screenshot of it. I didn't get any warnings.

> >

> > > How many points do you have in rank?

> >

> > Like I said, you refuse to give us a screenshot of your rating.

> >

> > Just to put it out there, you're the same person who said these things:

> >

> > 1. Thief meta is s/d daredevil.

> > 2. A.E.D. Holosmith is meta.

> > 3. SB/S-D Soulbeast is meta.

>

> The questioner is warned. I don't care about meta,You are right. Please don't bother me.ok?

You're just getting upset because I blantantly expose you as being completely incorrect and you can't provide any actual proof to back up your claims.

You also admitted to making that "OP ranger build" thread to deflect the attention from mesmers.

And, when you asked me what my rating was, I showed you. However, when I asked the same in return (multiple times) you've ignored it.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I've never had a problem with it on any class. Still don't when I see it occasionally from mesmers or the rare engy.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I wouldn’t argue with them. Their so blinded by their hatred for the class even when the majority of the Mesmer players are offering suggestions for nerfs they still come on here on say every Mesmer main thinks the class is fine. The only person that has said it was fine was ilthiwen. Everyone else has suggested nerfs. And then they over exaggerate, when called out they want to argue semantics, start making accusations, etc.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Every time a mesmer thread comes up, here you are. I get that you like the class, cool. But don't be blinded by your love for it. I don't love any of these classes in game. All I want is a balanced competitive game without all the shenanigans: AI clutter for days, Long lasting pulsing aoe that is larger than a point, near endless resetting of fights, evade on skills, chaining skills that allow you to avoid all incoming damage, high up time of boons, rapid -reapplication of boons etc.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The rangers have more

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No they don't. Mesmers are objectively the most overpowered class right now. Everyone knows you're just trying to deflect the attention to rangers when really not many people have a problem with them to begin with.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Its funny cause when I asked you what your rating was a few weeks ago you ignored it completely.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn't want to share my build before that,I just think it's foolish to complain too much on the forum .So I share a truly powerful build stop the ridiculous complaints

> > > > >

> > > > > So, basically you just admitted that you tried to deflect the attention from mesmer to ranger by sharing a "truly powerful build." lol... The build you made a thread about is actually extremely trash.

> > > > >

> > > > > The complaints about mesmer aren't ridiculous, they're perfectly reasonable and backed up by screenshots, videos, etc. etc. Which is more than you've ever provided.

> > > > >

> > > > > And again, you still haven't given us a screenshot of your rating. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've ignored the question.

> > > >

> > > > I've been warned about sharing scores. It's not worth persuading you.So I won't argue with you too much

> > >

> > > They don't care about sharing scores lol. You literally asked me to share my rating and I linked a screenshot of it. I didn't get any warnings.

> > >

> > > > How many points do you have in rank?

> > >

> > > Like I said, you refuse to give us a screenshot of your rating.

> > >

> > > Just to put it out there, you're the same person who said these things:

> > >

> > > 1. Thief meta is s/d daredevil.

> > > 2. A.E.D. Holosmith is meta.

> > > 3. SB/S-D Soulbeast is meta.

> >

> > The questioner is warned. I don't care about meta,You are right. Please don't bother me.ok?

>

> You're just getting upset because I blantantly expose you as being completely incorrect and you can't provide any actual proof to back up your claims.

>

> You also admitted to making that "OP ranger build" thread to deflect the attention from mesmers.

>

> And, when you asked me what my rating was, I showed you. However, when I asked the same in return (multiple times) you've ignored it.

Because they are too ignorant,never think how to become stronger in addition to complaining(maybe it's not on Meta), I can't stand it.

> > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I've never had a problem with it on any class. Still don't when I see it occasionally from mesmers or the rare engy.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I wouldn’t argue with them. Their so blinded by their hatred for the class even when the majority of the Mesmer players are offering suggestions for nerfs they still come on here on say every Mesmer main thinks the class is fine. The only person that has said it was fine was ilthiwen. Everyone else has suggested nerfs. And then they over exaggerate, when called out they want to argue semantics, start making accusations, etc.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Every time a mesmer thread comes up, here you are. I get that you like the class, cool. But don't be blinded by your love for it. I don't love any of these classes in game. All I want is a balanced competitive game without all the shenanigans: AI clutter for days, Long lasting pulsing aoe that is larger than a point, near endless resetting of fights, evade on skills, chaining skills that allow you to avoid all incoming damage, high up time of boons, rapid -reapplication of boons etc.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The rangers have more

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No they don't. Mesmers are objectively the most overpowered class right now. Everyone knows you're just trying to deflect the attention to rangers when really not many people have a problem with them to begin with.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Its funny cause when I asked you what your rating was a few weeks ago you ignored it completely.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I didn't want to share my build before that,I just think it's foolish to complain too much on the forum .So I share a truly powerful build stop the ridiculous complaints

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, basically you just admitted that you tried to deflect the attention from mesmer to ranger by sharing a "truly powerful build." lol... The build you made a thread about is actually extremely trash.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The complaints about mesmer aren't ridiculous, they're perfectly reasonable and backed up by screenshots, videos, etc. etc. Which is more than you've ever provided.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And again, you still haven't given us a screenshot of your rating. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've ignored the question.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've been warned about sharing scores. It's not worth persuading you.So I won't argue with you too much

> > > >

> > > > They don't care about sharing scores lol. You literally asked me to share my rating and I linked a screenshot of it. I didn't get any warnings.

> > > >

> > > > > How many points do you have in rank?

> > > >

> > > > Like I said, you refuse to give us a screenshot of your rating.

> > > >

> > > > Just to put it out there, you're the same person who said these things:

> > > >

> > > > 1. Thief meta is s/d daredevil.

> > > > 2. A.E.D. Holosmith is meta.

> > > > 3. SB/S-D Soulbeast is meta.

> > >

> > > The questioner is warned. I don't care about meta,You are right. Please don't bother me.ok?

> >

> > You're just getting upset because I blantantly expose you as being completely incorrect and you can't provide any actual proof to back up your claims.

> >

> > You also admitted to making that "OP ranger build" thread to deflect the attention from mesmers.

> >

> > And, when you asked me what my rating was, I showed you. However, when I asked the same in return (multiple times) you've ignored it.

>

> Because they are too ignorant,never think how to become stronger in addition to complaining(maybe it's not on Meta), I can't stand it.

No, YOU are too ignorant. I've been high on the leaderboards every single PvP season. Obviously I know what works and what doesn't.

I've already proven where I rank, you've still failed to do so.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I've never had a problem with it on any class. Still don't when I see it occasionally from mesmers or the rare engy.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I wouldn’t argue with them. Their so blinded by their hatred for the class even when the majority of the Mesmer players are offering suggestions for nerfs they still come on here on say every Mesmer main thinks the class is fine. The only person that has said it was fine was ilthiwen. Everyone else has suggested nerfs. And then they over exaggerate, when called out they want to argue semantics, start making accusations, etc.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Every time a mesmer thread comes up, here you are. I get that you like the class, cool. But don't be blinded by your love for it. I don't love any of these classes in game. All I want is a balanced competitive game without all the shenanigans: AI clutter for days, Long lasting pulsing aoe that is larger than a point, near endless resetting of fights, evade on skills, chaining skills that allow you to avoid all incoming damage, high up time of boons, rapid -reapplication of boons etc.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The rangers have more

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No they don't. Mesmers are objectively the most overpowered class right now. Everyone knows you're just trying to deflect the attention to rangers when really not many people have a problem with them to begin with.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Its funny cause when I asked you what your rating was a few weeks ago you ignored it completely.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I didn't want to share my build before that,I just think it's foolish to complain too much on the forum .So I share a truly powerful build stop the ridiculous complaints

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So, basically you just admitted that you tried to deflect the attention from mesmer to ranger by sharing a "truly powerful build." lol... The build you made a thread about is actually extremely trash.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The complaints about mesmer aren't ridiculous, they're perfectly reasonable and backed up by screenshots, videos, etc. etc. Which is more than you've ever provided.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And again, you still haven't given us a screenshot of your rating. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've ignored the question.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've been warned about sharing scores. It's not worth persuading you.So I won't argue with you too much

> > > > >

> > > > > They don't care about sharing scores lol. You literally asked me to share my rating and I linked a screenshot of it. I didn't get any warnings.

> > > > >

> > > > > > How many points do you have in rank?

> > > > >

> > > > > Like I said, you refuse to give us a screenshot of your rating.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just to put it out there, you're the same person who said these things:

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. Thief meta is s/d daredevil.

> > > > > 2. A.E.D. Holosmith is meta.

> > > > > 3. SB/S-D Soulbeast is meta.

> > > >

> > > > The questioner is warned. I don't care about meta,You are right. Please don't bother me.ok?

> > >

> > > You're just getting upset because I blantantly expose you as being completely incorrect and you can't provide any actual proof to back up your claims.

> > >

> > > You also admitted to making that "OP ranger build" thread to deflect the attention from mesmers.

> > >

> > > And, when you asked me what my rating was, I showed you. However, when I asked the same in return (multiple times) you've ignored it.

> >

> > Because they are too ignorant,never think how to become stronger in addition to complaining(maybe it's not on Meta), I can't stand it.

>

> No, YOU are too ignorant. I've been high on the leaderboards every single PvP season. Obviously I know what works and what doesn't.

>

> I've already proven where I rank, you've still failed to do so.

Do as you please,I think it's a waste of time to reply to you

> > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I've never had a problem with it on any class. Still don't when I see it occasionally from mesmers or the rare engy.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I wouldn’t argue with them. Their so blinded by their hatred for the class even when the majority of the Mesmer players are offering suggestions for nerfs they still come on here on say every Mesmer main thinks the class is fine. The only person that has said it was fine was ilthiwen. Everyone else has suggested nerfs. And then they over exaggerate, when called out they want to argue semantics, start making accusations, etc.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Every time a mesmer thread comes up, here you are. I get that you like the class, cool. But don't be blinded by your love for it. I don't love any of these classes in game. All I want is a balanced competitive game without all the shenanigans: AI clutter for days, Long lasting pulsing aoe that is larger than a point, near endless resetting of fights, evade on skills, chaining skills that allow you to avoid all incoming damage, high up time of boons, rapid -reapplication of boons etc.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The rangers have more

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No they don't. Mesmers are objectively the most overpowered class right now. Everyone knows you're just trying to deflect the attention to rangers when really not many people have a problem with them to begin with.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Its funny cause when I asked you what your rating was a few weeks ago you ignored it completely.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I didn't want to share my build before that,I just think it's foolish to complain too much on the forum .So I share a truly powerful build stop the ridiculous complaints

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So, basically you just admitted that you tried to deflect the attention from mesmer to ranger by sharing a "truly powerful build." lol... The build you made a thread about is actually extremely trash.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The complaints about mesmer aren't ridiculous, they're perfectly reasonable and backed up by screenshots, videos, etc. etc. Which is more than you've ever provided.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And again, you still haven't given us a screenshot of your rating. This is the 3rd or 4th time you've ignored the question.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've been warned about sharing scores. It's not worth persuading you.So I won't argue with you too much

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They don't care about sharing scores lol. You literally asked me to share my rating and I linked a screenshot of it. I didn't get any warnings.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > How many points do you have in rank?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Like I said, you refuse to give us a screenshot of your rating.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just to put it out there, you're the same person who said these things:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. Thief meta is s/d daredevil.

> > > > > > 2. A.E.D. Holosmith is meta.

> > > > > > 3. SB/S-D Soulbeast is meta.

> > > > >

> > > > > The questioner is warned. I don't care about meta,You are right. Please don't bother me.ok?

> > > >

> > > > You're just getting upset because I blantantly expose you as being completely incorrect and you can't provide any actual proof to back up your claims.

> > > >

> > > > You also admitted to making that "OP ranger build" thread to deflect the attention from mesmers.

> > > >

> > > > And, when you asked me what my rating was, I showed you. However, when I asked the same in return (multiple times) you've ignored it.

> > >

> > > Because they are too ignorant,never think how to become stronger in addition to complaining(maybe it's not on Meta), I can't stand it.

> >

> > No, YOU are too ignorant. I've been high on the leaderboards every single PvP season. Obviously I know what works and what doesn't.

> >

> > I've already proven where I rank, you've still failed to do so.

>

> Do as you please,I think it's a waste of time to reply to you

Because I keep proving that you're wrong on every level.

• ArenaNet Staff

Lest this merging confuse you: There were about 8 threads about the state of the mesmer. We're merged those threads (and may add a few more) because the Devs **want** to read your feedback, but have asked to get it in one place to let them do that efficiently.

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> >

> > > -Making Chronophantasma recharge that phantasm skill, instead of passively spawning it. This would add more active gameplay and reduce the visual noise.

> > > -Adding a cap of maximum 3 active phantasms.

> >

> > Could you explain in more detail how that might work? I'm reading this a huge buff that will break the game.

> > I have this visual in my mind of someone spamming Illusionary Berserker faster than a Thief can spam Unload...

> >

> > I also have to ask where Continuum Split and Signet Of Ether falls into any of this, for both the Phantasma trait and the 3 cap.

> >

> >

> >

>

> If I understood it correctly, chronophantasma would recharge the skill that created the phantasm rather than autospawn the phantasm after it dies.

GS4+CS (no clones), GS4, end CS, GS4, GS4, Signet of Ether, GS4, GS4. (plus 2 more GS4 if you have enough clones for CS)

then the clones will spawn at faster rates, and with 2 charge of mind wrack it'll spam more damage.

and you gain quickness for every phantasms, yep that's not how they supposed to fix the phantasm spam.

...but knowing anet though.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Lest this merging confuse you: There were about 8 threads about the state of the mesmer. We're merged those threads (and may add a few more) because the Devs **want** to read your feedback, but have asked to get it in one place to let them do that efficiently.

There was almost as much mesmer spam on the PvP forums as a Chronophantasma Imagined Burden Contiuum Split Illusionary Berserker+Signet of the Ether, Illusionary Berseker / Continuum Split Ends Illusionary Berserker+Signet of the Ether, Illusionary Berseker combo.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Lest this merging confuse you: There were about 8 threads about the state of the mesmer. We're merged those threads (and may add a few more) because the Devs **want** to read your feedback, but have asked to get it in one place to let them do that efficiently.

Thank you...

Most threads were just complaints but this thread was offering a chance for a general all round discussion.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> Seeing as we now have confirmation the devs are reading it, let's keep it constructive rather than 80% of the pre merged posts.

"Okay first of all I would like to see Mirage and Scourge permanently deleted from the game. And Chronomancer locked into PvE only. I'm the only person here with any reasonable positions and the dev team are nothing but memes."

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > Seeing as we now have confirmation the devs are reading it, let's keep it constructive rather than 80% of the pre merged posts.

>

> "Okay first of all I would like to see Mirage and Scourge permanently deleted from the game. And Chronomancer locked into PvE only. I'm the only person here with any reasonable positions and the dev team are nothing but memes."

Sounds about right.

> @"Aurelius.6829" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > >

> > > > -Making Chronophantasma recharge that phantasm skill, instead of passively spawning it. This would add more active gameplay and reduce the visual noise.

> > > > -Adding a cap of maximum 3 active phantasms.

> > >

> > > Could you explain in more detail how that might work? I'm reading this a huge buff that will break the game.

> > > I have this visual in my mind of someone spamming Illusionary Berserker faster than a Thief can spam Unload...

> > >

> > > I also have to ask where Continuum Split and Signet Of Ether falls into any of this, for both the Phantasma trait and the 3 cap.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > If I understood it correctly, chronophantasma would recharge the skill that created the phantasm rather than autospawn the phantasm after it dies.

>

> GS4+CS (no clones), GS4, end CS, GS4, GS4, Signet of Ether, GS4, GS4. (plus 2 more GS4 if you have enough clones for CS)

> then the clones will spawn at faster rates, and with 2 charge of mind wrack it'll spam more damage.

> and you gain quickness for every phantasms, yep that's not how they supposed to fix the phantasm spam.

>

> ...but knowing anet though.

I explained my thoughts about that in another post in this thread, but now there are 21 pages... Uhm... Good luck.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Seeing as we now have confirmation the devs are reading it, let's keep it constructive rather than 80% of the pre merged posts.

>

> "Okay first of all I would like to see Mirage and Scourge permanently deleted from the game. And Chronomancer locked into PvE only. I'm the only person here with any reasonable positions and the dev team are nothing but memes."

Done mocking? Good. Glad you got it out of your system.

Now that you're back with the rest of us, both scourge and mesmer have issues in PvP, but they differ significantly in the cause.

* Scourge is overpowered because its fundamental mechanics (sand shade skills) are unbalanced and braindead to use.

* Mesmer is unbalanced because of the sheer volume of temp invulns/evades/blocks/etc. combined with an excess of illusion vomit on the screen and high damage. Two mesmers in a fight makes it nearly impossible to figure out what the hell is going on if you're not those mesmers. Mesmer is _**supposed**_ to be hard to track, but not because of [information overload](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_overload "information overload").

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > Seeing as we now have confirmation the devs are reading it, let's keep it constructive rather than 80% of the pre merged posts.

> >

> > "Okay first of all I would like to see Mirage and Scourge permanently deleted from the game. And Chronomancer locked into PvE only. I'm the only person here with any reasonable positions and the dev team are nothing but memes."

>

> Done mocking?

Not even close.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > Seeing as we now have confirmation the devs are reading it, let's keep it constructive rather than 80% of the pre merged posts.

> >

> > "Okay first of all I would like to see Mirage and Scourge permanently deleted from the game. And Chronomancer locked into PvE only. I'm the only person here with any reasonable positions and the dev team are nothing but memes."

>

> Done mocking? Good. Glad you got it out of your system.

>

> Now that you're back with the rest of us, both scourge and mesmer have issues in PvP, but they differ significantly in the cause.

>

> * Scourge is overpowered because its fundamental mechanics (sand shade skills) are unbalanced and braindead to use.

> * Mesmer is unbalanced because of the sheer volume of temp invulns/evades/blocks/etc. combined with an excess of illusion vomit on the screen and high damage. Two mesmers in a fight makes it nearly impossible to figure out what the hell is going on if you're not those mesmers. Mesmer is _**supposed**_ to be hard to track, but not because of [information overload](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_overload "information overload").

Because Tome Spam, Photon Forge, Beast Skills, Full Counter, etc. are so much less brain dead than using shade skills lol.

The sheer volume of invulns 1, 2 if you use Signet of Illusions, more if you use Blurred Inscriptions I guess but I'm not sure how popular it is, evades, 2 like everyone else plus up to 3 more from utilities (pretty sure nobody uses crystal sands in pvp though), and 3 more from a max Desert Distortion shatter which does deserve some looking at and possibly one more if they're using sword and one more if they're using axe, and blocks, 2 single blocks and 1 kinda 2 channeled blocks but having that precludes having extra evades so nope. Illusion clutter could use some looking at, that's fair although I'd rather it came through a rework to Chronophantasma's interaction with Phantasm skills rather than something uninspired and boring like a phantasm cap.

TL;DR:

-Rework was an overbuff to a class that was already very viable

-Overwhelming majority of top players agree it's busted now

-nerfs hit other classes harder, resulting in mes being even stronger now

-Should honestly get an emergency nerf before the season starts or soon within it

-Current meta is a legit "Why play anything but mes" meta.

Problems with mesmer for me:

- EM is still too strong: when you dont play a cc spam class and you only have one or two disables and realistically you’re only going to hit one if the mesmer is good at dodging, EM trades being unable to be locked down with 3s exhaustion. That’s still too strong if you don’t have cc spam. Just rework it, its bad design anyway.

- the new phantasms deal too much damage especially with Phantasmal Force and chronophantasma. Even more so considering how hard their animations are to tell with 5 illusions up. Chronophantasma needs to have dmg reduction like imagined burden. Phantasmal Force just needs another nerf imo.

- boon uptime. Even murage builds but especially chrono ones have ridiculous uptime on high might, quickness, and like 5 other boons on top. Bothers me the most is the quickness.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Basically if you were to compare thief and mesmer, they're very similar classes except for the fact that thief gives up its HP pool for the things it has, and mesmer GAINS clones instead of giving something up.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Sure it has some advantages, but it's hard to argue that it's better than simple direct near instant damage that a thief has. People complain about the mesmer GS shatter burst, but thief on one set, can attempt a similar play more frequently that doesn't rely on an awkward bounce, and can do so without blowing a major tool that is part of your survivability.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > The problem I mostly have is people arguing that the nerfs that came for mes was not enough. Where on top of hard damage number nerfs a significant amount of might stacking was cut off which is more impactful than people realize and brings it in line with the passive sustain and survivability nerfs, and corresponding damage reductions.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > People will continue to complain about mirage's ability to doge/immune, but it's still the same few cooldowns majoirty of the cast has, and mirage unlike them uses those base doges for offensive purposes, and expends their entire pool of resources to amplify one of the cooldowns doge.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > vigor supports some of it, but is a grand total of 3 sec per shatter unless dueling line which some of the popular builds didn't even run.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > This entire thing is a farce, people will learn to counter it with enough time and it wont seem like such a big deal, just like clasic 4/4/6 power shatter from wayyy back when everyone called it OP before learning how to doge it.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > (1)**Blowing your survivability, well I disagree with that completely. It's true in a direct sense - clones contribute to your survivability because it creates more confusion and more targets to tab through for your opponents.** (3)But it's not true in the grand picture, the clones you lost cost you almost nothing. In the worst case you were relying on the clones to confuse your opponent and they didn't, in the best case the clone wasn't confusing anyone and you shattered it. (2)**The passive damage from it is basically irrelevant - the main purpose of that clone in your build is to be shattered and it does relatively little outside of that role or the role of confusing your opponent.** (3)You will simply spam more clones, and you have enough evasion to not worry about losing those clones to begin with. They are, like I said, merely a free bonus for being a mesmer on top of all those defenses where thief lost a ton of HP and teamfight capability to get those evades.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > (1) I was referring more to blink being a meaty cooldown that can be strong defensively as part of the gap closer when at any range 450 for jaunt is awkward, or needing it for key removal depending on the build vs match-up... Which either or is lot of the time.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > (2) I'm well aware of their useless-ness outside a resource, that is what the point I was making, but if you agree then you should understand why it's not really something you should have to give up damage for, which was a significant point with the feb patch. Either way in Conquest, Stronghold, those 2v2 maps (no one plays cuz there is no queue for them), and 1v1 duels (an unsupported format); Only bads lose to visual noise. This is a noob curve EVERYONE eventually goes through, complains about being brokenly OP, then surpasses because the gimmick wears off quick. Maybe it screws with tab targeting a little, at worst. These are absolutely the people we SHOULD NOT balance based on their opinion.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > (3) Clones are not super easy to produce, nor are they fun to.

> > > > > > > > > > > Thief by comparison gets it's resource automatically or has skills and traits that create more. Thief can stay in stealth or get some distance and regain. Attacking when it suits them.

> > > > > > > > > > > For Mesmers most need a target and line of sight. Along with that they are spawned by weapon skills where majority don't do anything of note, some skills with decent 'react-able to' cast times, and others with lengthy cooldowns.

> > > > > > > > > > > Mesmers with main hand sword usually get 1 clone on mainhand, that spawns at your target and is easy to cleave, doing so will prevent the mesmer from swaping with. Majority of the offhands get 1 phantasm.

> > > > > > > > > > > On Staff you get 2 phants and a clone, and 1 clone.

> > > > > > > > > > > GS is 1 clone 1 phant unless traited.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > On average that is a grand total of 2 illusions per weapon set, until traits.

> > > > > > > > > > > As for traits virtually no one runs deceptive evasion anymore, and Self-deception gives you a clone on only jaunt cuz no one really runs the other deceptions seriously.

> > > > > > > > > > > Unless chrono where you can do a combo twice and flood a room **you cannot just "spam" clones.** (and this thread is about mirage)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It might be tomato-tomahto and to closely comparing classes but as a resource that is required I think it's very inferior to the ini system, and just a bad version of the adrenaline system. You have to be doing something to someone already to get the resources to actually harm them, as opposed to you know, just harming them. The exception to this, being one fairly avoidable combo, that something like the dual sword/staff builds has 0 access to.

> > > > > > > > > > > Plus although the damage especially on phants has gone up since the feb patch, outside of well placed shatters, it's damage is still out classed by war and thief. Both btw having access to strong unblockable hits, negating a major defense type. (of invuln/doge/blocks/immunities type things)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I don't know what you define as spamming but the numbers don't add up to what you suggest. Also if not being kind of inferior, it's at least fiddly, and it's still a kill-able resource.

> > > > > > > > > > > Ultimately it's not a bonus, it's a burden with a fancy gimmick.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Since the feb patch's global buffs and reworking things yes I agree Mesmer doesn't give up anything stat wise to have clones, it used to, not anymore; that is because having clones as a resource has it's own drawbacks that by it's default nature demands something in exchange that would normally not be a problem for the rest of the roster.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You need to make your points more concise. I'm not going to spend decades deciphering your paragraphs, and a lot of the further comments you're typing don't match with earlier comments. You need to be consistent as well.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 1. Your original comment was that thief can mimick mesmer burst but without blowing its defensive cooldowns to do so. I commented that clones aren't much of a defensive cooldown and are more of a constant in any mesmer build. Now you're saying you were talking about blink, which has really nothing to do with any of this.

> > > > > > > > > > 2. The point isn't that you need to give up damage for clones, the point is that thief gives up HP and teamfighting for mobility/dodging and mesmer gains clones instead of giving anything up for its mobility/dodging.

> > > > > > > > > > 3. Yes, they are super easy to produce depending on build or timing, and it doesn't matter whether they're fun, they exist regardless.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As for clones dying to aoe, well, that means they did their job soaking damage instead of the mesmer, does it not? You traded ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ shatter potential for your own survival in that instance. A thief would just be on the floor bleeding out because he for some reason happened to be standing in a circle for a second too long.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 1. I said they can mimic the burst more frequently. That means employing back stab combos, pistol whip combos, S/D advances at a reasonable distance with mostly spending initiative, which automatically refills and requires no ramp unless you've burnt it all, and even then it's as simple as just standing there. On top of that, thief has steal. Mesmer by comparison has blink which is safer as a mobility or defensive/re-positioning tool. This is fine, except Mesmer has ramp for damage and more limited options to engage presuming the gs combo is avoided, assuming if GS is even being run.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 2. With the drawbacks of clones, including the ramp required for damage (outside of the one combo); that is enough of a trade off for the mobility. Mesmer doesn't actually doge more than many other classes, and some including thief and ranger still has more.

> > > > > > > > > If you don't know what I'm talking about I listed those drawbacks prior.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 3. Please list how it is super easy, and then please follow up with in what way after drawing that conclusion that it's not super limited, especially by contrast to thief.

> > > > > > > > > They are "there" yes, but just saying "it's easy and they are there!" leans towards ignorance of the classes and how it compares to everything else. Which since day 1 has been the leading cause of complains about Mesmer.

> > > > > > > > > I guess it's "super easy" in that 1 cooldown button push = 1 clone (sometimes 2). But a staple ½ cast time, and 12 sec c/d for 1 clone is far from "spammable" and easy to just replenish. Also compared to many other classes that use resources it's super easy to punish both before and after it's creation.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And no AoEs typically hit the clones AND the Mesmer, and being almost just as squishy depending on the AoE would be equally as dead, or a sliver before at best.

> > > > > > > > > Real difference is when mes escapes the red circle by any normal means that any class can use, it's resources that they have to take time to create are now gone.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 1. I think I understand what you were saying now about blink, but the point you made is irrelevant - backstab is both harder to land and does less damage than a mesmer shatter, ISN'T AOE, and the damage from backstab burst chains were ALSO reduced significantly in the latest patch as well as the damage of all thief meta build autos and LS/FS. Mesmer received no such damage nerf that I can find (I saw one trait change from 15 to 10% damage bonus), in fact shatters were not even MENTIONED anywhere in the patch notes except for an update to the tooltip of distortion, and mesmers were already pushing thieves out of their role before this patch.

> > > > > > > > 2. What drawback of clones? They don't have a kitten drawback, they're providing you offensive and defensive bonuses before they are shattered. Backstab requires you to somehow find your opponent facing away from you while not blocking, dodging, or otherwise using anything defensive in a space of 3 seconds, shatter requires you to have clones, it's not different in level of difficulty.

> > > > > > > > 3. Mirror blade: 8s cd, Illusory leap 12s cd, phantasmal berserker 15s cd, mirage thrust (essentially 20s cd without vigor on an ammo of 2). jaunt 20s cd up to 3 ammo, phantasmal mage 30s cd. This is assuming you are not running imagined burden and/or mirror images and/or decoy. You're telling me this is not a sufficient number of tools to generate 3 clones every time you want to shatter? If you're telling me this isn't enough tools for you to generate clones then I don't know what to tell you. These skills occupy such a large portion of your skill bar that you'd have to be ACTUALLY AFK in order to not be generating clones, otherwise you'd run out of non-clone-cooldowns to use trying to do things that don't generate clones. That's how difficult it is to NOT generate clones on a mesmer.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have a mesmer, I've played it quite extensively and compared to my thief (which is my main) it's basically better at everything you want to do in the game. I'm frankly about to start maining my mesmer just by the virtue of it being absolutely batshit broken for so kitten long.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 1. Shatters have one very meticulous engage combo in which it is difficult to dodge them, otherwise the moment you see clones making a beeline towards you, you should be prepared to dodge. Backstab isn't hard to land, you're in stealth, your enemy intrinsically has no idea which direction you will be approaching/striking from other than being able vaguely guess you're going for the backstab.

> > > > > > > 2. Clones are paper, that's the drawback, they can be killed before they even actually shatter and that doesn't fix the damage coefficient on the rest of the shatters that actually make it.

> > > > > > > 3. You can only shatter once every 12 seconds, having thousands of clones is useless once your main form of attack nullified. And if you don't interrupt Signet of Illusions you deserve to get hit again.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wow suddenly thief is no longer the curbstomp king. Doesn' t mean mesmer is broken by any measure.

> > > > > > 1. No, sorry, its harder to land backstab than shatter. I'm not even going to debate this with you because its common sense.

> > > > > > 2. Yes clones are paper, they're also absorbing damage for you if they die so you don't get to whine about it. It's NOT a drawback.

> > > > > > 3. Every 12th second is actually more often than thief can backstab+steal

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sure, thieves aren't "curbstomp" kings anymore (i assume that's a metaphor for +1) but since +1 and decap was the only thing thief was good at, you literally pushed thief out of the meta because of how kitten your class is.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. Lol k, waah my one trick pony doesn't work anymore.

> > > > > 2. They're not 'absorbing' damage unless you specifically are you using single target, single attack skills on them in which case it sounds like you need to look up the definition of cleaving and git gud.

> > > > > 3. Nah fam we talking about backstab here, Steal is a separate skill. And as numerous people have pointed out Backstab is far less telegraphed.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't think the debate is what was making you stupid. Yeah sure shatter is easier to perform,

> > > >

> > > > EASIER TO PERFORM

> > > >

> > > > DROP THE MIC

> > > >

> > > > (Insert rekt.jpg)

> > >

> > > You aren't great at reading are you, you can't stop all of backstabs damage by cleaving. Then again thief isn't a scholar profession, so it's not surprising. And at this point, it's definitely not the debate making you stupid.

> > >

> > > Literally you can prevent 70% of a Mesmers damage by not being an idiot.

> >

> > You can prevent every class' damage by not being an idiot, this is a pointless argument. You can stop a great deal of backstab damage by simply facing the direction of the thief. You don't even need to blow your dodges unless you have some reason to believe the thief will be able to get behind you. As a mesmer, if you see a thief go into stealth and are expecting a backstab, the best counter would probably to wait 1 second and press sword 2 or staff 4 or any of your stealths and just keep facing the thief just in case. Odds are you will break the combo just by doing that alone, which means the thief just wasted a kitten ton of initiative going into stealth and missed his steal or wasted it.

>

> You know exactly what I meant, you can easily cleave down all of Mesmers illusions.

Yes, I do know what you meant, I also know that not every class is an AOE spam build in pvp and that there are counters to every class' moves in the game if you have a tiny bit of awareness. This is not an argument of anything and I already explained why. You need to stop going in circles.

For example, a scourge would have an easy time with a clone spam mesmer since he deals primarily aoe damage. On the other hand, a deadeye deals almost entirely single target damage and frequently has his DJ's blocked by minions and, yes, clones. A blocked DJ might not even kill a clone, because it doesn't deal any extra damage to a non-marked target. There are weaknesses and strengths to having minions or clones, deal with it.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Basically if you were to compare thief and mesmer, they're very similar classes except for the fact that thief gives up its HP pool for the things it has, and mesmer GAINS clones instead of giving something up.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sure it has some advantages, but it's hard to argue that it's better than simple direct near instant damage that a thief has. People complain about the mesmer GS shatter burst, but thief on one set, can attempt a similar play more frequently that doesn't rely on an awkward bounce, and can do so without blowing a major tool that is part of your survivability.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The problem I mostly have is people arguing that the nerfs that came for mes was not enough. Where on top of hard damage number nerfs a significant amount of might stacking was cut off which is more impactful than people realize and brings it in line with the passive sustain and survivability nerfs, and corresponding damage reductions.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > People will continue to complain about mirage's ability to doge/immune, but it's still the same few cooldowns majoirty of the cast has, and mirage unlike them uses those base doges for offensive purposes, and expends their entire pool of resources to amplify one of the cooldowns doge.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > vigor supports some of it, but is a grand total of 3 sec per shatter unless dueling line which some of the popular builds didn't even run.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > This entire thing is a farce, people will learn to counter it with enough time and it wont seem like such a big deal, just like clasic 4/4/6 power shatter from wayyy back when everyone called it OP before learning how to doge it.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > (1)**Blowing your survivability, well I disagree with that completely. It's true in a direct sense - clones contribute to your survivability because it creates more confusion and more targets to tab through for your opponents.** (3)But it's not true in the grand picture, the clones you lost cost you almost nothing. In the worst case you were relying on the clones to confuse your opponent and they didn't, in the best case the clone wasn't confusing anyone and you shattered it. (2)**The passive damage from it is basically irrelevant - the main purpose of that clone in your build is to be shattered and it does relatively little outside of that role or the role of confusing your opponent.** (3)You will simply spam more clones, and you have enough evasion to not worry about losing those clones to begin with. They are, like I said, merely a free bonus for being a mesmer on top of all those defenses where thief lost a ton of HP and teamfight capability to get those evades.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > (1) I was referring more to blink being a meaty cooldown that can be strong defensively as part of the gap closer when at any range 450 for jaunt is awkward, or needing it for key removal depending on the build vs match-up... Which either or is lot of the time.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > (2) I'm well aware of their useless-ness outside a resource, that is what the point I was making, but if you agree then you should understand why it's not really something you should have to give up damage for, which was a significant point with the feb patch. Either way in Conquest, Stronghold, those 2v2 maps (no one plays cuz there is no queue for them), and 1v1 duels (an unsupported format); Only bads lose to visual noise. This is a noob curve EVERYONE eventually goes through, complains about being brokenly OP, then surpasses because the gimmick wears off quick. Maybe it screws with tab targeting a little, at worst. These are absolutely the people we SHOULD NOT balance based on their opinion.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > (3) Clones are not super easy to produce, nor are they fun to.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Thief by comparison gets it's resource automatically or has skills and traits that create more. Thief can stay in stealth or get some distance and regain. Attacking when it suits them.

> > > > > > > > > > > > For Mesmers most need a target and line of sight. Along with that they are spawned by weapon skills where majority don't do anything of note, some skills with decent 'react-able to' cast times, and others with lengthy cooldowns.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Mesmers with main hand sword usually get 1 clone on mainhand, that spawns at your target and is easy to cleave, doing so will prevent the mesmer from swaping with. Majority of the offhands get 1 phantasm.

> > > > > > > > > > > > On Staff you get 2 phants and a clone, and 1 clone.

> > > > > > > > > > > > GS is 1 clone 1 phant unless traited.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > On average that is a grand total of 2 illusions per weapon set, until traits.

> > > > > > > > > > > > As for traits virtually no one runs deceptive evasion anymore, and Self-deception gives you a clone on only jaunt cuz no one really runs the other deceptions seriously.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Unless chrono where you can do a combo twice and flood a room **you cannot just "spam" clones.** (and this thread is about mirage)

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It might be tomato-tomahto and to closely comparing classes but as a resource that is required I think it's very inferior to the ini system, and just a bad version of the adrenaline system. You have to be doing something to someone already to get the resources to actually harm them, as opposed to you know, just harming them. The exception to this, being one fairly avoidable combo, that something like the dual sword/staff builds has 0 access to.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Plus although the damage especially on phants has gone up since the feb patch, outside of well placed shatters, it's damage is still out classed by war and thief. Both btw having access to strong unblockable hits, negating a major defense type. (of invuln/doge/blocks/immunities type things)

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I don't know what you define as spamming but the numbers don't add up to what you suggest. Also if not being kind of inferior, it's at least fiddly, and it's still a kill-able resource.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Ultimately it's not a bonus, it's a burden with a fancy gimmick.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Since the feb patch's global buffs and reworking things yes I agree Mesmer doesn't give up anything stat wise to have clones, it used to, not anymore; that is because having clones as a resource has it's own drawbacks that by it's default nature demands something in exchange that would normally not be a problem for the rest of the roster.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You need to make your points more concise. I'm not going to spend decades deciphering your paragraphs, and a lot of the further comments you're typing don't match with earlier comments. You need to be consistent as well.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > 1. Your original comment was that thief can mimick mesmer burst but without blowing its defensive cooldowns to do so. I commented that clones aren't much of a defensive cooldown and are more of a constant in any mesmer build. Now you're saying you were talking about blink, which has really nothing to do with any of this.

> > > > > > > > > > > 2. The point isn't that you need to give up damage for clones, the point is that thief gives up HP and teamfighting for mobility/dodging and mesmer gains clones instead of giving anything up for its mobility/dodging.

> > > > > > > > > > > 3. Yes, they are super easy to produce depending on build or timing, and it doesn't matter whether they're fun, they exist regardless.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As for clones dying to aoe, well, that means they did their job soaking damage instead of the mesmer, does it not? You traded ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ shatter potential for your own survival in that instance. A thief would just be on the floor bleeding out because he for some reason happened to be standing in a circle for a second too long.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 1. I said they can mimic the burst more frequently. That means employing back stab combos, pistol whip combos, S/D advances at a reasonable distance with mostly spending initiative, which automatically refills and requires no ramp unless you've burnt it all, and even then it's as simple as just standing there. On top of that, thief has steal. Mesmer by comparison has blink which is safer as a mobility or defensive/re-positioning tool. This is fine, except Mesmer has ramp for damage and more limited options to engage presuming the gs combo is avoided, assuming if GS is even being run.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 2. With the drawbacks of clones, including the ramp required for damage (outside of the one combo); that is enough of a trade off for the mobility. Mesmer doesn't actually doge more than many other classes, and some including thief and ranger still has more.

> > > > > > > > > > If you don't know what I'm talking about I listed those drawbacks prior.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 3. Please list how it is super easy, and then please follow up with in what way after drawing that conclusion that it's not super limited, especially by contrast to thief.

> > > > > > > > > > They are "there" yes, but just saying "it's easy and they are there!" leans towards ignorance of the classes and how it compares to everything else. Which since day 1 has been the leading cause of complains about Mesmer.

> > > > > > > > > > I guess it's "super easy" in that 1 cooldown button push = 1 clone (sometimes 2). But a staple ½ cast time, and 12 sec c/d for 1 clone is far from "spammable" and easy to just replenish. Also compared to many other classes that use resources it's super easy to punish both before and after it's creation.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And no AoEs typically hit the clones AND the Mesmer, and being almost just as squishy depending on the AoE would be equally as dead, or a sliver before at best.

> > > > > > > > > > Real difference is when mes escapes the red circle by any normal means that any class can use, it's resources that they have to take time to create are now gone.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 1. I think I understand what you were saying now about blink, but the point you made is irrelevant - backstab is both harder to land and does less damage than a mesmer shatter, ISN'T AOE, and the damage from backstab burst chains were ALSO reduced significantly in the latest patch as well as the damage of all thief meta build autos and LS/FS. Mesmer received no such damage nerf that I can find (I saw one trait change from 15 to 10% damage bonus), in fact shatters were not even MENTIONED anywhere in the patch notes except for an update to the tooltip of distortion, and mesmers were already pushing thieves out of their role before this patch.

> > > > > > > > > 2. What drawback of clones? They don't have a kitten drawback, they're providing you offensive and defensive bonuses before they are shattered. Backstab requires you to somehow find your opponent facing away from you while not blocking, dodging, or otherwise using anything defensive in a space of 3 seconds, shatter requires you to have clones, it's not different in level of difficulty.

> > > > > > > > > 3. Mirror blade: 8s cd, Illusory leap 12s cd, phantasmal berserker 15s cd, mirage thrust (essentially 20s cd without vigor on an ammo of 2). jaunt 20s cd up to 3 ammo, phantasmal mage 30s cd. This is assuming you are not running imagined burden and/or mirror images and/or decoy. You're telling me this is not a sufficient number of tools to generate 3 clones every time you want to shatter? If you're telling me this isn't enough tools for you to generate clones then I don't know what to tell you. These skills occupy such a large portion of your skill bar that you'd have to be ACTUALLY AFK in order to not be generating clones, otherwise you'd run out of non-clone-cooldowns to use trying to do things that don't generate clones. That's how difficult it is to NOT generate clones on a mesmer.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I have a mesmer, I've played it quite extensively and compared to my thief (which is my main) it's basically better at everything you want to do in the game. I'm frankly about to start maining my mesmer just by the virtue of it being absolutely batshit broken for so kitten long.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 1. Shatters have one very meticulous engage combo in which it is difficult to dodge them, otherwise the moment you see clones making a beeline towards you, you should be prepared to dodge. Backstab isn't hard to land, you're in stealth, your enemy intrinsically has no idea which direction you will be approaching/striking from other than being able vaguely guess you're going for the backstab.

> > > > > > > > 2. Clones are paper, that's the drawback, they can be killed before they even actually shatter and that doesn't fix the damage coefficient on the rest of the shatters that actually make it.

> > > > > > > > 3. You can only shatter once every 12 seconds, having thousands of clones is useless once your main form of attack nullified. And if you don't interrupt Signet of Illusions you deserve to get hit again.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Wow suddenly thief is no longer the curbstomp king. Doesn' t mean mesmer is broken by any measure.

> > > > > > > 1. No, sorry, its harder to land backstab than shatter. I'm not even going to debate this with you because its common sense.

> > > > > > > 2. Yes clones are paper, they're also absorbing damage for you if they die so you don't get to whine about it. It's NOT a drawback.

> > > > > > > 3. Every 12th second is actually more often than thief can backstab+steal

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sure, thieves aren't "curbstomp" kings anymore (i assume that's a metaphor for +1) but since +1 and decap was the only thing thief was good at, you literally pushed thief out of the meta because of how kitten your class is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. Lol k, waah my one trick pony doesn't work anymore.

> > > > > > 2. They're not 'absorbing' damage unless you specifically are you using single target, single attack skills on them in which case it sounds like you need to look up the definition of cleaving and git gud.

> > > > > > 3. Nah fam we talking about backstab here, Steal is a separate skill. And as numerous people have pointed out Backstab is far less telegraphed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't think the debate is what was making you stupid. Yeah sure shatter is easier to perform,

> > > > >

> > > > > EASIER TO PERFORM

> > > > >

> > > > > DROP THE MIC

> > > > >

> > > > > (Insert rekt.jpg)

> > > >

> > > > You aren't great at reading are you, you can't stop all of backstabs damage by cleaving. Then again thief isn't a scholar profession, so it's not surprising. And at this point, it's definitely not the debate making you stupid.

> > > >

> > > > Literally you can prevent 70% of a Mesmers damage by not being an idiot.

> > >

> > > You can prevent every class' damage by not being an idiot, this is a pointless argument. You can stop a great deal of backstab damage by simply facing the direction of the thief. You don't even need to blow your dodges unless you have some reason to believe the thief will be able to get behind you. As a mesmer, if you see a thief go into stealth and are expecting a backstab, the best counter would probably to wait 1 second and press sword 2 or staff 4 or any of your stealths and just keep facing the thief just in case. Odds are you will break the combo just by doing that alone, which means the thief just wasted a kitten ton of initiative going into stealth and missed his steal or wasted it.

> >

> > You know exactly what I meant, you can easily cleave down all of Mesmers illusions.

>

> Yes, I do know what you meant, I also know that not every class is an AOE spam build in pvp and that there are counters to every class' moves in the game if you have a tiny bit of awareness. This is not an argument of anything and I already explained why. You need to stop going in circles.

>

> For example, a scourge would have an easy time with a clone spam mesmer since he deals primarily aoe damage. On the other hand, a deadeye deals almost entirely single target damage and frequently has his DJ's blocked by minions and, yes, clones. A blocked DJ might not even kill a clone, because it doesn't deal any extra damage to a non-marked target. There are weaknesses and strengths to having minions or clones, deal with it.

each build should have strength and weakness . i know it's gw2 pvp forum . but come on

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> TL;DR:

> -Rework was an overbuff to a class that was already very viable

> -Overwhelming majority of top players agree it's busted now

> -nerfs hit other classes harder, resulting in mes being even stronger now

> -Should honestly get an emergency nerf before the season starts or soon within it

> -Current meta is a legit "Why play anything but mes" meta.

1. the rework was a buff to power build which was not meta in any way while same patch anet did nerf old condi mirage meta into oblivion .keep trying

2. we still saw some of those so called top players made misleading information of mesmer on forum (tho agree , some part of mes is bursted

3. patch was meant to deal with passive gameplay

4. maybe but what nerf ? the emergency nerf pvp forum are talking about is basically removing mesmer from pvp . complaint literally listed everything mesmer does and call them op . how to nerf mesmer properly is why we are here .

5. its not . there are some duo mesmer comp but that's it . a "balanced "comp still wins , mes isn't cele ele .