Feedback on the State of the Mesmer [merged]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play Mirage, but I found something quite ridiculous as I was moving my mirage to be a slave to a rich iron node. Carrying an axe (and I think a sword) and mashing a couple of buttons, I place 8 stacks of confusion, 8 stacks of bleed, and 8 stacks of torment on the mob fairly quickly. How in the hell is that even possible? And people thought Scourge was bad..

I don't even know what I'm doing, but I cant even imagine how imbalanced this class is in the hands of someone who is even semi-skilled.

The simple fact is that the mirage is ridiculously overpowered. The combination of frequent stealth, temp invulns, excessive mobility, CC's virtually on demand, stunbreaks with dodge, and ludicrous amounts of condi application?

They were difficult to pin down before, but this is a whole nother level. Their survivability is insane for the kind of damage and CC they can do.

Lol it's funny cuz first ppl cried over mirage being dead and too weak. That was even before the PoF launch. Now every one cries over it being too op. Mirage is not op. Just let it burst out it's skills, be aware if what confusion actually does to you, use condi cleanse and kill it while it has everything on cd. Many ppl kill themself when trying to kill a mirage, they rush and playing too agressive. Gotta think tactical.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> The simple fact is that the mirage is ridiculously overpowered. The combination of frequent stealth, temp invulns, excessive mobility, CC's virtually on demand, stunbreaks with dodge, and ludicrous amounts of condi application?

>

> They were difficult to pin down before, but this is a whole nother level. Their survivability is insane for the kind of damage and CC they can do.

....and then i follow a 10% health holo and now i'm dead 10k damage from 6 hits from mines .

> @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> Stop saying that Mirage is OP cos this is stupid and this is why:

> 1. Mirage can't hold a point.

> 2. Mirage can't one shot.

> 3. It's more or less like a thief good in roaming and +1 but slower than a thief only can compete with a thief if you play sword and if so the condi damage is minor.

> 4. The good skills have long couldown's like torch 1 and 2 and torch 1 is so ez to be evaded with the sound effect so all you need to do is to wait 2.5sec and dodge or just move away especially the mesmer is slower than chrono(+25% speed).

> 5. The only problem is that mirage is all around cos it's the most fun class to play was it in pvp or pve and mirage is good vs core builds in general but not the SD thief(so much evades and free teleports and spam-able unblockable ).

> 6. Torment is not a good condi however the only good condi a mesmer can do is confusion forcing the high lvl players to disengage so they don't suicide using skills however the stupid players keep fighting and die and blame mirage for being op when the only problem is him being stupid ,so if you remove the confusion damage the condi mesmer in general gonna be useless and everyone gonna swap to power chrono if they are die-hard mesmers or just change the class .

>

> and i will list here the real broken classes:

> * The one shot power ele .

> * The one shot core gard .

> * Druid so much damage from the pets and so much heal and can hold a point vs 2

> * S/D thief with the spam-able unblockable with 5k+ damage with crits with an evade frame what more you can ask for.

> * P/P thief is op it the best version of deadeye and its not played in high lvl games simply cos they are ashamed to play it cos it's so ez .

> * Scourge is lovley corupption is real in huge AOE's and the bariers make the scourge harder to kill more than a reaper if in good hands .

> * ~~power rev~~ removed from the list till it show up on the next meta(due the public demand)

> * The lovly FB support .

> * The cute HOLO.

> * The shy one shot power Mesmer (added due the public demand )

> * The scary SB with perma resistance and double swing kill.

> and more.....

>

>

>

>

Are you serious ?? Mirage is the most broken thing created so far both condi and power are one shot beasts insane sustain and surviability for that high amount of dmg , just ridicilous !

Fun fact, **Power Burst Guardian** (Radiance tree), whether that be Core or Firebrand built, can counter **Power Mesmer** fairly easily on and off point.. it's just too bad that everything else counters Power Guardian for us to be any kind of viable on a team. Unless we're with a Firebrand and Necro comp... even then.. i'd probably just choose Engi's burst potential over Guardian.

> * The one shot core gard .

Absolutely, positively incorrect sir... only thing Power Guard "1 shots" is an unexpected level 1 Moa bird. Don't spread blasphemy on these forums.

> @"Kalli.4506" said:

> Lol it's funny cuz first ppl cried over mirage being dead and too weak. That was even before the PoF launch. Now every one cries over it being too op. Mirage is not op. Just let it burst out it's skills, be aware if what confusion actually does to you, use condi cleanse and kill it while it has everything on cd. Many ppl kill themself when trying to kill a mirage, they rush and playing too agressive. Gotta think tactical.

Imagine that. People making uneducated comments about a class before they even learn it fully. The mesmer in general has always been hard to master but once you do you are the king of 1v1s. Comments about how weak a class is AT THE START OF AN EXPANSION, does not a weak mesmer make!

> @"lethotix.2973" said:

> > @"Kalli.4506" said:

> > Lol it's funny cuz first ppl cried over mirage being dead and too weak. That was even before the PoF launch. Now every one cries over it being too op. Mirage is not op. Just let it burst out it's skills, be aware if what confusion actually does to you, use condi cleanse and kill it while it has everything on cd. Many ppl kill themself when trying to kill a mirage, they rush and playing too agressive. Gotta think tactical.

>

> Imagine that. People making uneducated comments about a class before they even learn it fully. The mesmer in general has always been hard to master but once you do you are the king of 1v1s. Comments about how weak a class is AT THE START OF AN EXPANSION, does not a weak mesmer make!

Yeah, people said that Firebrand would be useless too and DH would still be king...now everyone says that FB is cancer...in truth most people said that HoT specs would still be meta and more powerfull than the PoF ones....in conclusion, people were talking about something they didnt know, it seens that Helseth said that Mirage was going to be garbage, but later on he says that Mirage is the greatest cancer that Anet ever made...so please stop trying to defend this shit lol Anet have changes for Mesmer, they didnt said anything about buff or nerfs, in truth, the last "condi balance patch" did nothing but buff Mirage, so dont worry, there are big chances that Mesmer/Mirage might get another buff.

Currently most broken classes : Condi Scourge, Power or condi mesmer, and Firebrand healbot and firebot. The thing is with these classes is scourge just needs to be toned down with its unskill based condi spam. Yet mesmer and guardian need some major nerfs. How is it that a class can deal 1 hit kills (yes i have seen 12 stack burn guards you are dead if no cleanse) and dodge damage forever?

A class should not have 100 invulnerability skills, blocks, mirror dodges, dodges, and evades while also dealing 1 shot kills with 12 stacks of burn, power spike while your cced from stealth, or 25 stacks of the broken confusion condi.

If you want a class that is meant to distract and have 100 ways to avoid damage then they should not also be able to kill 2 people while dodging damage and blasting condi spam.

Here is the no skill required mes build Spam condi, spam condi, evade block dodge invulnerable, Spam condi spam condi spam condi, dodge dodge evade invulnerability, spam spam spam. It's sad that anet has made about 5 builds that require no skill and ones that a 3 year old could pick up and win ranked games just by going face first into the keyboard facerolling across it. But it's the only way to sell expansions by making over powered classes for the low skilled players.

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > The simple fact is that the mirage is ridiculously overpowered. The combination of frequent stealth, temp invulns, excessive mobility, CC's virtually on demand, stunbreaks with dodge, and ludicrous amounts of condi application?

> >

> > They were difficult to pin down before, but this is a whole nother level. Their survivability is insane for the kind of damage and CC they can do.

>

> ....and then i follow a 10% health holo and now i'm dead 10k damage from 6 hits from mines .

Each dodge releases 3 very spread out mines, don't run over them and they won't hit you.

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> Currently most broken classes : Condi Scourge, Power or condi mesmer, and Firebrand healbot and firebot. The thing is with these classes is scourge just needs to be toned down with its unskill based condi spam. Yet mesmer and guardian need some major nerfs. How is it that a class can deal 1 hit kills (yes i have seen 12 stack burn guards you are dead if no cleanse) and dodge damage forever?

>

> A class should not have 100 invulnerability skills, blocks, mirror dodges, dodges, and evades while also dealing 1 shot kills with 12 stacks of burn, power spike while your cced from stealth, or 25 stacks of the broken confusion condi.

>

> If you want a class that is meant to distract and have 100 ways to avoid damage then they should not also be able to kill 2 people while dodging damage and blasting condi spam.

>

> Here is the no skill required mes build Spam condi, spam condi, evade block dodge invulnerable, Spam condi spam condi spam condi, dodge dodge evade invulnerability, spam spam spam. It's sad that anet has made about 5 builds that require no skill and ones that a 3 year old could pick up and win ranked games just by going face first into the keyboard facerolling across it. But it's the only way to sell expansions by making over powered classes for the low skilled players.

I agree with Support Firebrand being powerfull, wouldnt call it OP, your whole build is focused on support and survival, no mobility, damage and very little cc(like old Ventari Rev, if FB had that kind of control then would be beyond broken)....but saying that Condi Firebrand needs a nerf?? Thats insane, is probably the weakest condi build on the game, is just gimmick since it only have burn as a source of damage...wouldnt mind a nerf to burn damage or number of stacks that guard can do, but they would have to add other cover condis to guard...

> @"lethotix.2973" said:

> > @"Kalli.4506" said:

> > Lol it's funny cuz first ppl cried over mirage being dead and too weak. That was even before the PoF launch. Now every one cries over it being too op. Mirage is not op. Just let it burst out it's skills, be aware if what confusion actually does to you, use condi cleanse and kill it while it has everything on cd. Many ppl kill themself when trying to kill a mirage, they rush and playing too agressive. Gotta think tactical.

>

> Imagine that. People making uneducated comments about a class before they even learn it fully. The mesmer in general has always been hard to master but once you do you are the king of 1v1s. Comments about how weak a class is AT THE START OF AN EXPANSION, does not a weak mesmer make!

To be fair mirage pre launch mirage was trashy and had a lot of design flaws holding it back.

Mirage was made into the op spec it is now with the evasion frame extension, the mechanical fixes for ambush attacks (staff is the most relavent), moreover the nerfs to spell breaker which realistically was the only hard counter to the spec held it down.

In fact, if we want to be real as a whole the traitline is pretty trashy and is being carried by elusive mind and condi burst synergy in the dueling line. I mean one of our traits is literally protection on dodge lol

Basically mirage was made into an op spec nothing about it at launch was particularly op besides the gimmicky ineptitude burst

Wow if you are having problems with one of the classes with the most in combative options in the game you need to pick another class....no class in the game has what mesmer has. Invulns, 12seconds evade sword skill, invis, mobility, stun brake on dodge, 10 secs staff teleport to stay outa mele range more then enough stun brakers. If you are having problema on mesmer then meser ismt the class for u...i suggest you play another class for a while and see how they do againsts your fabled weak mes.

I main fa ele and confusion is broken af......there needs to be an icd on it so it doesnt tick immediately after one another. As a fa ele when i go to air I, self hurt my self with atleast 3 ticks that take more then 1/2 my life. Then when i go to cleanse it with cleansing fire i hurt my self again hecause the damageing portion of cleansing fire happens 1st so i cant even clear the confusion without it hitting me for an absurd amount...when i see a condi mes running my way its either run or run. No point in fighting something that appears on ur screen every 2 seconds and dissapears, no point in fighting something you cant even tartget 3/4 of the time b.c of the constant invis and clone production.

Condi is the problem, nothing else. I'm not just talking about mirage either.

If you complain about power, then you should equally complain about back stab builds, and even more so complain about meditation guard/DH.

If you are complaining about back stabs, then get good. Half the game is anticipation and reads of skills with little to no tell, and mes has less ways to hide it while having to go melee with a ranged weapon, and on a longer c/d.

Condi mirage may be strong 1v1 but it is not OP for conquest, you don't get to cry OP when something is viable and effective for the format but does not single-handedly carry the game.

You want to counter it? Run strong condi bomb or Druid.

You want to call something OP and it be valid?

Anything that can sit on point and 2v1 or has enough resources to contest 3v1 for a good duration. Or anything that is effective to stack 2-3 on a team when one would be enough to carry.

Mirage falls under neither category.