Suggestion: Small QoL additions

I've only played a couple MMOs in my life, and there are a couple things from them I would love to see added to Guild Wars 2. Mostly, they are just emotes really.

In Star Wars Galaxies, a couple emotes that I loved to use were:

/sniff (your character would raise its nose and sniff the air for a few seconds)

/phew (your character would wave its hand in front of it's face while shaking its head slightly and grimacing, I usually paired this with /sniff)

/bmoc "Big Man On Campus" (if not targeted on a player or NPC, your character would flex and portray itself big man on campus, if you were targeted on a player or npc, your character did the "cool finger gun point" at the target and declared that person big man on campus)

In City of Heroes, there was the $target command where if you typed out something using $target with a player or npc targeted, it would replace $target with the name of that player or NPC. So if you type "Hello, $target" with Zojja targetted, your character would say "Hello, Zojja"

There were also a couple emotes I would like to see brought over as well in some form.

/newspaper (Your character pulled out a newspaper and read it)

/walllean (your character crossed its arms and leaned against a wall)

/protest (your character pulled out a protest sign and protested - had a couple different animations)

/floatbooks (3 floating tomes appear in the air around the character, who stands and glances over them)

Anyone else have any QoL items from past games that they would like to see in some form in GW2?

> @"Abraxxus.8971" said:

> In City of Heroes, there was the $target command where if you typed out something using $target with a player or npc targeted, it would replace $target with the name of that player or NPC. So if you type "Hello, $target" with Zojja targetted, your character would say "Hello, Zojja"

Well, we have '@' that works with some of the built in commands, like '/wave @'. They don't work in /em though, I don't think. And I'm almost positive not in any other way in chat. Though, it would be neat.

My few ideas fall more into a 'new features out of old things' type category, so not appropriate for here. One thing I can think of is to adjust what default values are selected when you go to list things on the TP. Like if someone has a buy list below the minimum value, it should default to the lowest sell offer, or minimum listing price if that is absent. Things like that.

Oh, I would like the "Adjust Camera to Character Height" setting to honor sitting in chairs 'and' any emote that puts you on the ground (/sit, /sleep, /kneel, etc).