Getting other characters to the desert

Just finish PoF story with 1 Character after that you can start the collection for the griffon mount which gives you a permament account wide portal scroll to Vaabi. ( You dont have to do the collection or spend 250g just start it for the gizmo porting thingy!)

So only thing anet want for twinks to enter is that the main finished the story and that more than fair

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal%27s_Plea

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Zaron.1987 said:

> Just finish PoF story with 1 Character after that you can start the collection for the griffon mount which gives you a permament account wide portal scroll to Vaabi. ( You dont have to do the collection or spend 250g just start it for the gizmo porting thingy!)

>

> So only thing anet want for twinks to enter is that the main finished the story and that more than fair

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal%27s_Plea

Ah, I didn't see your post and thought this would be a good idea. Stuck it in a shared slot and tried it.

I'm currently standing in Amnoon with my level 56 mesmer thanks to that thing. When you enter a map, you unlock the "entry" waypoint even if you're not near it. So entering Vabbi gave me the waypoint next to the gate to the next area. Entering (and instantly dying) there gave me the waypoint to the riverlands, ect. A level 80 could do that without the dying easily enough.

> @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> > @Drecien.4508 said:

> > You can start the story and then leave and you should be in the area.

>

> Nope, dumps you back to Lion's Arch, where the instance starts. Instance aborts always return you to where you entered the instance. That only worked in the demo because the "entry" for the instance was temporarily in Amnoon square.

Yep. I lost connection just after I completed the first story chapter and was outside Amnoon. I reconnected back in Lions Arch with no waypoint. Luckily, I had a Lily pass or I would have had to go through it again, which would have been annoying.

Yeah. Unlike LW3, there doesn't seem to be any kind of map portal scrolls we can purchase from merchants to get our alts there. It seems the only way outside doing the first part of the story is the Lily pass key from the deluxe/ultimate editions of PoF.

It would be nice if they could add a map portal scroll for trade contracts at a merchant in Crystal Oasis.

> @Charrbeque.8729 said: It seems the only way outside doing the first part of the story is the Lily pass key from the deluxe/ultimate editions of PoF.

Look at Zaron's post (literally 9 posts above yours)

Also, there are other ways:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6103/getting-your-second-character-to-the-crystal-desert#latest