Please make hair unisex.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> >

> > Why would it not be a problem? Cross-dressers aren't a part of tyrian lore and they are nowhere to be found.

>

> Wrong. Sia says hello.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aid_Worker_Sya

>

> Again, this is a topic about hair. Don't go down that rabbit hole. It won't be pretty.

Wrong

Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

>

> Wrong

> Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

> @"coso.9173" said:

> lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that counter argument. :3

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> >

> > Wrong

> > Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

>

> LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

>

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

>

> Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that ridiculous argument. :3

If that’s all you got from that argument then I have to wonder if you’re not willfully misunderstanding.

This isn’t Earth with one species where the cultures and styles are merging together from one species moving across continents and living in new places. This is Tyria where there are 5 separate species with 5 unique histories separate from each other and where the members of each species still live mostly separate from the other species. In spite of the technology level, culturally it’s closer to a couple hundred years ago where most people lived and died near where they were born and were culturally very homogeneous. These more traditional cultures don’t take on the hairstyles of other races, much less the hairstyles of other species. It’s only when groups mix and mingle in large cities that this sort of cultural change occurs. People who argue for this on the basis of humans on Earth having cross cultural/cross sex hairstyles are basing that on the current times when the population is booming and cities are becoming larger and more diverse. As a result Terran cultures have become both more fluid and aware of other cultures. They aren’t basing their argument on the more culturally isolated world of Tyria with its stable or declining populations living in their own cities and ancestral lands.

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> >

> > Wrong

> > Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

>

> LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

>

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

>

> Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that counter argument. :3

What are you blabbering about? We are talking about cross gender hair styles, that's what this thread is about. That IS cross dressing, and I don't think it's appropriate.

Your argument is that it is appropriate and it already exists, but I gave a rebuttal that made your argument void. Tell me how that is derailing the topic.

Um . . . crossdressing involves clothes and not hair? Unisex hair styles is not crossdressing. And the topic is not about transsexuals nor crossdressers. Long or more feminine-style hair on a man or masculine-styled hair on a woman does not make them crossdressers. Seriously? I had to explain that?

Again . . . the topic is about **hair.**

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > It *would* be nice to be able to use human hairstyles on norn, and vice versa...

> >

> > That was added months ago...

>

> There are still some human ones that aren't on norn. (Notably some of the exclusives available via the hair kit.) (I think.) (Maybe I'm just plain wrong.) (I'll look tonight.)

Correct, and also the new Elonian ones, but those are too "human" to fit on Norn.

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> >

> > Let me know when you commonly see hairstyles like that from men walking down the street and shopping in your small towns and then I’ll agree you have a point.

>

> You mean like the 'man bun'? Yes, I see them all over the place now. I hate them, but yes, saw one guy sporting one yesterday at the vet office. Again, something that was only for women not even a handful of years ago is now a fashion trend. Would you like me to post the YouTube videos too? Quite frankly, I'm surprised you even brought up men with long hair. Isn't that only for women too? That was the thought only twenty-five years ago. And then Fabio made it fashionable. And women with bald heads? I thought that was only for men. And colored hair was only for women, but gee . . . saw some teenaged boy with pink hair yesterday too.

>

> Seriously . . . you're not going to win this one.

>

>

Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > >

> > > Let me know when you commonly see hairstyles like that from men walking down the street and shopping in your small towns and then I’ll agree you have a point.

> >

> > You mean like the 'man bun'? Yes, I see them all over the place now. I hate them, but yes, saw one guy sporting one yesterday at the vet office. Again, something that was only for women not even a handful of years ago is now a fashion trend. Would you like me to post the YouTube videos too? Quite frankly, I'm surprised you even brought up men with long hair. Isn't that only for women too? That was the thought only twenty-five years ago. And then Fabio made it fashionable. And women with bald heads? I thought that was only for men. And colored hair was only for women, but gee . . . saw some teenaged boy with pink hair yesterday too.

> >

> > Seriously . . . you're not going to win this one.

> >

> >

>

> Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

***Hippie and Rock/Metal sub-cultures intensifies***

Again, we allready have enough lore/immersion breaking things on the game, if you want to play a silly looking character you allready have more than enough choices, using a max weight Norn with stupid mustashe, pink hair, blue glasses, scarf, Quip and the lover as weapons and cancerous looking Celestial Griffon is not enough allready lol? Why do you want to keep pushing things to the extreme? Whats is next? Swap Male and Female voices? This aint Skyrim, the hairstyles arent unisex, they are made and desingned with the gender of the character allready in mind, why instead of keeping asking for a thing that a % of the player base is against it, why not ask for the devs put more time and resourses on NEW hairstyles, something that all the community wants it?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

>

> Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

But he did. It became more fashionable because of romance novels and the female audience's positive reaction to it. The same can be said for George Michael's 'scruff' beard and Michael Jordan's bald head.

Again, popularized is the key word. Made it more mainstream. That doesn't mean said persons were the first to do it. Not at all. But they did start a more modern trend toward it we continue to see today.

Regardless, yes, unisex hair. Again, in my opinion, it makes sense and again . . . it's just hair. ?

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> >

> > Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

>

> But he did. It became more fashionable because of romance novels and the female audience's positive reaction to it. The same can be said for George Michael's 'scruff' beard and Michael Jordan's bald head.

>

> Again, popularized is the key word. Made it more mainstream. That doesn't mean said persons were the first to do it. Not at all. But they did start a more modern trend toward it we continue to see today.

>

> Regardless, yes, unisex hair. Again, in my opinion, it makes sense and again . . . it's just hair. ?

>

Popular music, male musicians, were the driving force of the popularization of long hair for men.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > >

> > > Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

> >

> > But he did. It became more fashionable because of romance novels and the female audience's positive reaction to it. The same can be said for George Michael's 'scruff' beard and Michael Jordan's bald head.

> >

> > Again, popularized is the key word. Made it more mainstream. That doesn't mean said persons were the first to do it. Not at all. But they did start a more modern trend toward it we continue to see today.

> >

> > Regardless, yes, unisex hair. Again, in my opinion, it makes sense and again . . . it's just hair. ?

> >

>

> Popular music, male musicians, were the driving force of the popularization of long hair for men.

What we talking about here? Modern real life or mediavel fantasy world? Long hair for man is pretty popular on fantasy...but we aint talking about long hair, but female desing hair styles for man and vice and versa...you didnt see Aragorn or Gandalf with flowers on their hairs did you? Or what about Conan? Geralt from the Witcher series? Elric of Melnibone? I can go on, put I guess you can see our point...again, if you want more diversity of hairs to choose, simple cheap copy from Female to male aint the right choice...let the devs put the work on NEW hairstyles...this way everyone get happier, agree?

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > >

> > > > Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

> > >

> > > But he did. It became more fashionable because of romance novels and the female audience's positive reaction to it. The same can be said for George Michael's 'scruff' beard and Michael Jordan's bald head.

> > >

> > > Again, popularized is the key word. Made it more mainstream. That doesn't mean said persons were the first to do it. Not at all. But they did start a more modern trend toward it we continue to see today.

> > >

> > > Regardless, yes, unisex hair. Again, in my opinion, it makes sense and again . . . it's just hair. ?

> > >

> >

> > Popular music, male musicians, were the driving force of the popularization of long hair for men.

>

> What we talking about here? Modern real life or mediavel fantasy world? Long hair for man is pretty popular on fantasy...but we aint talking about long hair, but female desing hair styles for man and vice and versa...you didnt see Aragorn or Gandalf with flowers on their hairs did you? Or what about Conan? Geralt from the Witcher series? Elric of Melnibone? I can go on, put I guess you can see our point...again, if you want more diversity of hairs to choose, simple cheap copy from Female to male aint the right choice...let the devs put the work on NEW hairstyles...this way everyone get happier, agree?

I dont see how your post relates to mine.

Perhaps you meant to quote someone else?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Long hair was not female only 25 years ago. Fabio had nothing to do with popularizing it.

> > > >

> > > > But he did. It became more fashionable because of romance novels and the female audience's positive reaction to it. The same can be said for George Michael's 'scruff' beard and Michael Jordan's bald head.

> > > >

> > > > Again, popularized is the key word. Made it more mainstream. That doesn't mean said persons were the first to do it. Not at all. But they did start a more modern trend toward it we continue to see today.

> > > >

> > > > Regardless, yes, unisex hair. Again, in my opinion, it makes sense and again . . . it's just hair. ?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Popular music, male musicians, were the driving force of the popularization of long hair for men.

> >

> > What we talking about here? Modern real life or mediavel fantasy world? Long hair for man is pretty popular on fantasy...but we aint talking about long hair, but female desing hair styles for man and vice and versa...you didnt see Aragorn or Gandalf with flowers on their hairs did you? Or what about Conan? Geralt from the Witcher series? Elric of Melnibone? I can go on, put I guess you can see our point...again, if you want more diversity of hairs to choose, simple cheap copy from Female to male aint the right choice...let the devs put the work on NEW hairstyles...this way everyone get happier, agree?

>

> I dont see how your post relates to mine.

>

> Perhaps you meant to quote someone else?

>

>

Yep was not to you, was to Ardenwolfe, sorry lol

> @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> If you like female hairstyles play a female character... If you like male hairstyles play a male character.... In my opinion there are lots of people who don't want to see men trying to look like women and women trying to look like men..... I don't think that would be a good look for the game.

We have gay, lesbian and even transgender characters. If they don't like to see people being happy in who they chose to be, Gw2 is the wrong game for them.

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > >

> > > Wrong

> > > Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

> >

> > LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

> >

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

> >

> > Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that counter argument. :3

>

> What are you blabbering about? We are talking about cross gender hair styles, that's what this thread is about. That IS cross dressing, and I don't think it's appropriate.

>

> Your argument is that it is appropriate and it already exists, but I gave a rebuttal that made your argument void. Tell me how that is derailing the topic.

I'm a guy with a fairly long ponytail which happens to be dyed purple and blue. I can guarantee you that I'm not a crossdresser or that I want to look female/feminine, I just think that I look good with long , dyed hair.

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > >

> > > > Wrong

> > > > Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

> > >

> > > LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

> > >

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

> > >

> > > Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that counter argument. :3

> >

> > What are you blabbering about? We are talking about cross gender hair styles, that's what this thread is about. That IS cross dressing, and I don't think it's appropriate.

> >

> > Your argument is that it is appropriate and it already exists, but I gave a rebuttal that made your argument void. Tell me how that is derailing the topic.

>

>

> I'm a guy with a fairly long ponytail which happens to be dyed purple and blue. I can guarantee you that I'm not a crossdresser or that I want to look female/feminine, I just think that I look good with long , dyed hair.

>

Where do you draw the line though?

There are hair styles like pig tails and wavy hair with a giant flower, would you wear that?

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Wrong

> > > > > Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

> > > >

> > > > LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

> > > >

> > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

> > > >

> > > > Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that counter argument. :3

> > >

> > > What are you blabbering about? We are talking about cross gender hair styles, that's what this thread is about. That IS cross dressing, and I don't think it's appropriate.

> > >

> > > Your argument is that it is appropriate and it already exists, but I gave a rebuttal that made your argument void. Tell me how that is derailing the topic.

> >

> >

> > I'm a guy with a fairly long ponytail which happens to be dyed purple and blue. I can guarantee you that I'm not a crossdresser or that I want to look female/feminine, I just think that I look good with long , dyed hair.

> >

>

> Where do you draw the line though?

>

> There are hair styles like pig tails and wavy hair with a giant flower, would you wear that?

I don't draw any line. If it would look good on me, I'd probably wear it. I just have that crazy belief that everybody should wear what they want to wear and what makes them the most happy.

> @"Blade.1843" said:

> Since the Charr horns have gone unisex, I think it would be awesome to have the hairs turned this way too. It would give players a lot more options.

Just signing in to dole out the usual +1s and the like and say **yes, please**. Asked for this years back and got pretty much the same "wah, muh immersion" kind of kittening before.

I'd like to point out that two nights ago I ran a jumping puzzle beside a charr with a halo, angel wings, a giant hammer and ridiculously ineffective heavy armor covered in spikes and gold leaf in pastel colors of powder blue and anti-flash white. Who had the ability to summon ghostly hammers of justice and was wreathed in mystical blue flames of the righteous.

Before that, I was hanging in Rata Sum with a Norn the size of a small yacht who was *rocking* his crop-top blouse in blush pink and his massive handle-bar mustache while he showed off thighs the like tree trunks and wielded a staff that had honest to cog rainbows coming out of it.

As far as I can tell, and without getting *too* unkind to the detractors, I'm pretty sure they were so secure in their masculinity that my petite female charr turned manlier just by being near them for 3 minutes, and her horns are already near the maximum size on the slider.

*(Or did mentioning character customization break someone's immersion?)*

Oh, wait, we were only talking about hair and not fashion choices or the fact there are so many [vivid dyes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dye#Colors) in this game as to be a colorful phantasmagoria of clash.

> @"fluffdragon.1523" said:

> I'd like to point out that two nights ago I ran a jumping puzzle beside a charr with a halo, angel wings, a giant hammer and ridiculously ineffective heavy armor covered in spikes and gold leaf in pastel colors of powder blue and anti-flash white. Who had the ability to summon ghostly hammers of justice and was wreathed in mystical blue flames of the righteous.

>

> Before that, I was hanging in Rata Sum with a Norn the size of a small yacht who was *rocking* his crop-top blouse in blush pink and his massive handle-bar mustache while he showed off thighs the like tree trunks and wielded a staff that had honest to cog rainbows coming out of it.

>

> As far as I can tell, and without getting *too* unkind to the detractors, I'm pretty sure they were so secure in their masculinity that my petite female charr turned manlier just by being near them for 3 minutes, and her horns are already near the maximum size on the slider.

>

> *(Or did mentioning character customization break someone's immersion?)*

>

> Oh, wait, we were only talking about hair and not fashion choices or the fact there are so many [vivid dyes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dye#Colors) in this game as to be a colorful phantasmagoria of clash.

hear, hear!

<3

In all honestly I would ADORE having the hairstyles all unisex. Let the ladies have the guy options and visa versa (like the charr horns). There are some male styles I would grab in a heartbeat for my ladies without second though. Some male options have such nice highlights, undercuts, and fluff - oh baby I wish I could get them on my girl toon right now.

I would also like asura ear options to be unisex (yeah I'm looking at you, male torn ears!) but thats I different topic I guess.

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wrong

> > > > > > Thats still not a female hair style attached to a male character or vice a versa. That's a female hair style attached to a female character. She isn't cross dressing, she is a transgender.

> > > > >

> > > > > LMAO Oh my. If you want, make another thread about this observation, and we can discuss it, but not in this thread. It's already derailed enough. :p

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > > lol about people saying "if charrs and humans can wear the same hairstyle then they are the same" really? are you serious? it's not like they have lots of other differences, like one of them being a giant cat with horrns and 4 ears, no? nono, it must be the hairstyle that makes the difference XDDD

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you. I seriously thought maybe I was missing something in that counter argument. :3

> > > >

> > > > What are you blabbering about? We are talking about cross gender hair styles, that's what this thread is about. That IS cross dressing, and I don't think it's appropriate.

> > > >

> > > > Your argument is that it is appropriate and it already exists, but I gave a rebuttal that made your argument void. Tell me how that is derailing the topic.

> > >

> > >

> > > I'm a guy with a fairly long ponytail which happens to be dyed purple and blue. I can guarantee you that I'm not a crossdresser or that I want to look female/feminine, I just think that I look good with long , dyed hair.

> > >

> >

> > Where do you draw the line though?

> >

> > There are hair styles like pig tails and wavy hair with a giant flower, would you wear that?

>

> I don't draw any line. If it would look good on me, I'd probably wear it. I just have that crazy belief that everybody should wear what they want to wear and what makes them the most happy.

>

Ok so before a non-specific third party that I am not allowed to mention falsely accuses me of attacking this person. Lets establish the context of the question. I'm asking this question because I am struggling to understand this other person's perspective, thats because they are very different to mine and I am attempting to be respectful of both this person and the forum policy. This is not designed to derail the post but to add value.

Do you believe that there is no line or are you not drawing the line for another reason other than the one you stated, happiness?

You see when I examine a post like this, I look for some consistent truths that might be the cornerstone of your perspective. If I can find that, I can use all sorts of logic and reasoning to connect the 2 points and form a proper understanding of your perspective. But your explanation is feelings. The trouble is that its not a consistent truth. (That isn't an opinionated statement made to insult or attack anyone, thanks anonymous third party)

If that's the case then it makes me wonder what you really mean by this. That's because what you're saying implies a LOT of things, most of which I am not allowed to say in case I accidently offend somebody with my indirect accidental perspective.

Sorry about all of the extreme PC'ness, I'm usually pretty fair dinkum and down the line when I speak.