Most Intelligent Race

Mortifera.6138

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > But still in 25 years the Sylvari have accomplished quite a bit. They probably out shine any 25 year period in Asura history

> >

> > Most of which isn’t really down to intelligence. Like their buildings aren’t the result of some brilliant architects as they were simply grown.

> >

> > I think that the Sylvari are were they are today mostly because of the Pale Tree’s guidance - they’d probably not have survived without it.

> >

>

> Because making buildings out of trees requires no skill or intelligence. We all know trees just always happen to grow the way we want them.

when you can just make things grow magically, there is not much need for thought. I mean there is not much in the way of amazing design or engineering in their places, they are actually pretty primal.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > But still in 25 years the Sylvari have accomplished quite a bit. They probably out shine any 25 year period in Asura history

> > >

> > > Most of which isn’t really down to intelligence. Like their buildings aren’t the result of some brilliant architects as they were simply grown.

> > >

> > > I think that the Sylvari are were they are today mostly because of the Pale Tree’s guidance - they’d probably not have survived without it.

> > >

> >

> > Because making buildings out of trees requires no skill or intelligence. We all know trees just always happen to grow the way we want them.

>

> when you can just make things grow magically, there is not much need for thought. I mean there is not much in the way of amazing design or engineering in their places, they are actually pretty primal.

I bet an Asura couldn't do it.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > But still in 25 years the Sylvari have accomplished quite a bit. They probably out shine any 25 year period in Asura history

> >

> > Most of which isn’t really down to intelligence. Like their buildings aren’t the result of some brilliant architects as they were simply grown.

> >

> > I think that the Sylvari are were they are today mostly because of the Pale Tree’s guidance - they’d probably not have survived without it.

> >

>

> Because making buildings out of trees requires no skill or intelligence.

Not when we're talking about innate magical abilities such as those possessed by the Pale Tree, no.

It is like praising Norns for being strong and muscular. I mean, it is impressive and all but they're sorta naturally gifted with such bodies. Now show me an Asura bodybuilder and you'll colour me impressed!

> > @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > But still in 25 years the Sylvari have accomplished quite a bit. They probably out shine any 25 year period in Asura history

> > > >

> > > > Most of which isn’t really down to intelligence. Like their buildings aren’t the result of some brilliant architects as they were simply grown.

> > > >

> > > > I think that the Sylvari are were they are today mostly because of the Pale Tree’s guidance - they’d probably not have survived without it.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Because making buildings out of trees requires no skill or intelligence. We all know trees just always happen to grow the way we want them.

> >

> > when you can just make things grow magically, there is not much need for thought. I mean there is not much in the way of amazing design or engineering in their places, they are actually pretty primal.

>

> I bet an Asura couldn't do it.

because they dont have innate magic which allows them to grow plants like them

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> Because making buildings out of trees requires no skill or intelligence. We all know trees just always happen to grow the way we want them.

In this case, that's exactly how it works for Sylvari. Even their "walls" are just thorn patches. Their actual tech level is abysmal. I'd even put them on the same level as the more tribal races like Grawl or Hylek.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > But still in 25 years the Sylvari have accomplished quite a bit. They probably out shine any 25 year period in Asura history

> > >

> > > Most of which isn’t really down to intelligence. Like their buildings aren’t the result of some brilliant architects as they were simply grown.

> > >

> > > I think that the Sylvari are were they are today mostly because of the Pale Tree’s guidance - they’d probably not have survived without it.

> > >

> >

> > Because making buildings out of trees requires no skill or intelligence. We all know trees just always happen to grow the way we want them.

>

> In this case, that's exactly how it works for Sylvari. Even their "walls" are just thorn patches. Their actual tech level is abysmal. I'd even put them on the same level as the more tribal races like Grawl or Hylek.

Well, it's a little more than that. They have magic at close to human standards, at least, which grawl and hylek don't appear to. More significantly, their plant manipulation IS their technology - sure, their walls may not be impressive, but making a plant into an automated defence turret or healing station _is_.

It's hard to judge where they are on the technological scale because they've essentially gone in an orthogonal direction. Their use of living plants, rather than the conventional building materials other races do, means that their technology has gone in a different direction that's hard to compare except by looking at the results. And based on those results... a sylvari's seed turret is close to being as impressive as an engineer's turret.

> 25 years. That’s all the sylvari have had. How many have ashram had?

To be fair, wehn you can just grow things in seconds, creating a primitive civilization is kinda.... child's play... especially when your given life by an impossibly old dragon who may have imparted much of his wisdom on your life (with or without his knowing)

If i could grow things with magic, I would be living in a palace by this afternoon.... albeit a little more green than I am use to

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > 25 years. That’s all the sylvari have had. How many have ashram had?

>

> To be fair, wehn you can just grow things in seconds, creating a primitive civilization is kinda.... child's play... especially when your given life by an impossibly old dragon who may have imparted much of his wisdom on your life (with or without his knowing)

> If i could grow things with magic, I would be living in a palace by this afternoon.... albeit a little more green than I am use to

And don’t forget the rigid social/cultural planning on the part of Ventari and the Pale Tree. Who knows we’re the feral Sylvari without their rigid instruction/guidance would be today?