New Season, new meta. New deadeye build for top 17 EU!

Urejt.5648

> @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> How do u play this

its rather hard to play. Positioning is very important so your rifle 4 always teleports u away. There is also important trick to teleport forward with rifle 4- hold left mouse, click about face, then rifle 4. U have to turn off autotargeting tick free camera.

> @"MindWipe.3028" said:

> i run something like that in pvp dueling sometimes. It is good for one maybe two fights but it is at it's core a one trick gimmick and once they get used to it you wont take another round off them. sad to say most thief builds are of the same nature nowdays...

What's your go-to deadeye build? The op's build seems pretty close to what a standard build should be, nothing crazy, mostly practical. You mentioned in another thread about all the one trick gimmick builds but what's the base standard while leaving one trait line for changing elites?

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"MindWipe.3028" said:

> > i run something like that in pvp dueling sometimes. It is good for one maybe two fights but it is at it's core a one trick gimmick and once they get used to it you wont take another round off them. sad to say most thief builds are of the same nature nowdays...

>

> What's your go-to deadeye build? The op's build seems pretty close to what a standard build should be, nothing crazy, mostly practical. You mentioned in another thread about all the one trick gimmick builds but what's the base standard while leaving one trait line for changing elites?

i seem to be incapable of understanding the last line for some reason but the builds i run while dueling depends on what i am fighting. old acro s/d is the most balanced build even after the nerf and is what i like to run vs thieves and power shatter mesmers, pretty much the thing that cant out heal your wet noodle damage. While fighting things like war, ranger, engi, the things that can out heal you, thief in it's current state can really only fall back on one trick builds that burst 20k when you land it, and i am talking deadeye quickness spam, pistol whip, p/p if you really dont feel like playing the game, and rifle, things like that. but rifle is very clumsy with the kneel cast time. i personally think pistol whip is the best all around if you have to run something like that. But to tell you the truth they are all very one dimensional and when dueling a real deal player they will figure it out in a few fights.

> @"MindWipe.3028" said:

> > @"kash.9213" said:

> > > @"MindWipe.3028" said:

> > > i run something like that in pvp dueling sometimes. It is good for one maybe two fights but it is at it's core a one trick gimmick and once they get used to it you wont take another round off them. sad to say most thief builds are of the same nature nowdays...

> >

> > What's your go-to deadeye build? The op's build seems pretty close to what a standard build should be, nothing crazy, mostly practical. You mentioned in another thread about all the one trick gimmick builds but what's the base standard while leaving one trait line for changing elites?

>

> i seem to be incapable of understanding the last line for some reason but the builds i run while dueling depends on what i am fighting. old acro s/d is the most balanced build even after the nerf and is what i like to run vs thieves and power shatter mesmers, pretty much the thing that cant out heal your wet noodle damage. While fighting things like war, ranger, engi, the things that can out heal you, thief in it's current state can really only fall back on one trick builds that burst 20k when you land it, and i am talking deadeye quickness spam, pistol whip, p/p if you really dont feel like playing the game, and rifle, things like that. but rifle is very clumsy with the kneel cast time. i personally think pistol whip is the best all around if you have to run something like that. But to tell you the truth they are all very one dimensional and when dueling a real deal player they will figure it out in a few fights.

That all makes sense. It seemed like you were trashing the "gimmicky" builds but I guess it's just frustrating that a lot of our builds kind of have to be a gimmicky answer to the the current state of the game with some classes, but those builds only have so much traction.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"MindWipe.3028" said:

> > > @"kash.9213" said:

> > > > @"MindWipe.3028" said:

> > > > i run something like that in pvp dueling sometimes. It is good for one maybe two fights but it is at it's core a one trick gimmick and once they get used to it you wont take another round off them. sad to say most thief builds are of the same nature nowdays...

> > >

> > > What's your go-to deadeye build? The op's build seems pretty close to what a standard build should be, nothing crazy, mostly practical. You mentioned in another thread about all the one trick gimmick builds but what's the base standard while leaving one trait line for changing elites?

> >

> > i seem to be incapable of understanding the last line for some reason but the builds i run while dueling depends on what i am fighting. old acro s/d is the most balanced build even after the nerf and is what i like to run vs thieves and power shatter mesmers, pretty much the thing that cant out heal your wet noodle damage. While fighting things like war, ranger, engi, the things that can out heal you, thief in it's current state can really only fall back on one trick builds that burst 20k when you land it, and i am talking deadeye quickness spam, pistol whip, p/p if you really dont feel like playing the game, and rifle, things like that. but rifle is very clumsy with the kneel cast time. i personally think pistol whip is the best all around if you have to run something like that. But to tell you the truth they are all very one dimensional and when dueling a real deal player they will figure it out in a few fights.

>

> That all makes sense. It seemed like you were trashing the "gimmicky" builds but I guess it's just frustrating that a lot of our builds kind of have to be a gimmicky answer to the the current state of the game with some classes, but those builds only have so much traction.

yeah man i am a thief main too. really what i was trying to point out is that in thieves current state is a lot of one tricks which are easy to adapt to which makes thief in a dueling context pretty low tier.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Curennos.9307" said:

> Peeked at the setup - what do you do if you end up taking a condi bomb? Or...pretty much any condi? Your only cleanses seem to be rifle 4 and sword 2 return. Are they enough/has condi fallen far 'nuff out of the meta that those suffice?

Condi bombs are very rare to take , but when they happan i feel like its best to spam rifle 4 or shadowstep 2X + stealth.

> @"Volrath.1473" said:

> I use to play S/P Rifle as well but I changed to S/D now and I use Acro instead of DA (also works well with S/P but personally i'm doing better with S/D atm

Good to see fellow deadeye in top ranks. Weaponset depends on playstyle. I love sp because i use it as finisher. Sword 2 into 3 won me tons of fights.

> @"Urejt.5648" said:

> > @"Volrath.1473" said:

> > I use to play S/P Rifle as well but I changed to S/D now and I use Acro instead of DA (also works well with S/P but personally i'm doing better with S/D atm

>

> Good to see fellow deadeye in top ranks. Weaponset depends on playstyle. I love sp because i use it as finisher. Sword 2 into 3 won me tons of fights.

That's how it goes in WvW as well. After the initial burst, if the enemy puts up a projectile reflect/defense then it's time to Sword 2/3 to finish them off while they think they're safe :)