"Fear Me'

TheBravery.9615

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > Except that's not it's primary function. You can't ONLY assess how good Fear is as a bar breaker to decide if Fear Me is a useful skill. What i'm simply saying to Oglaf is that there are LOTS of situations where Fear Me is useful. I don't find the argument "Fear Me! isn't useful so it needs a buff" to be very honest. It might need a buff, but not because it has no uses.

> > >

> > > But that's the problem the use of the skill is too situational. I only put it on my bar for only certain situations, which for Fear Me are very few and far between. Like defiant stance in game I've only got a use for it in only 1 spot in 1 fractal. I don't use it in any of my wvw builds, yet I've used it more times than I use Fear Me (I mainly WvW). I don't know maybe it has use in PvP defending a point to fear foes away from your point.

> >

> > Well, I disagree. Being situational isn't a problem; it just means it's a skill that needs smart play to use. I hardly think Anet is going to 'fix' a skill that requires someone to be choosy with how it's used in a smart way. If you aren't using this skill for EVERY opportunity to break a bar OR use it for a fear ability ... I dunno what to say.

>

> I'm just saying at the end of the day when warrior has better tools at its disposal to do the same job on a shorter cool down Fear Me kinda feels lack luster compared to them and will end up not being used. If I need to do a hard CC on a target quickly I'll use bull's charge, if I need to get foes out of an area I'll use stomp, wild blow, kick, rifle butt, or staggering blow. I'm not saying Fear Me has no place at all, but compared to what other things we have at our disposal it just doesn't quite make the cut, especially since we have CC traits that those other things work with that fear me doesn't.

Well, to be fair here, Head butt has a higher requirement to equip (it's Berserker only) and sits in a more expensive slot (it's an elite skill) and has a side effect (it self stuns). So simply concluding 'it's better' is not really considering all the things that make them different or how you use them.

Yup, Bull's charge is pretty awesome for a hard CC skill. It's not the things that are the same between the skills that make the unique though, it's the differences and if I'm using a shouts for some reason (maybe because I'm using the GM shout trait), then I might opt for Fear Me over Bull's charge ... or I might use both.

See, the problem I have with the "it's not a great skill" argument for buffing is that we have choice and Warrior does not lack a big pile of really good skills so the argument we need JUST one more doesn't seem correct. It's about variety, not about how awesome every skill should be.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > Except that's not it's primary function. You can't ONLY assess how good Fear is as a bar breaker to decide if Fear Me is a useful skill. What i'm simply saying to Oglaf is that there are LOTS of situations where Fear Me is useful. I don't find the argument "Fear Me! isn't useful so it needs a buff" to be very honest. It might need a buff, but not because it has no uses.

> > > >

> > > > But that's the problem the use of the skill is too situational. I only put it on my bar for only certain situations, which for Fear Me are very few and far between. Like defiant stance in game I've only got a use for it in only 1 spot in 1 fractal. I don't use it in any of my wvw builds, yet I've used it more times than I use Fear Me (I mainly WvW). I don't know maybe it has use in PvP defending a point to fear foes away from your point.

> > >

> > > Well, I disagree. Being situational isn't a problem; it just means it's a skill that needs smart play to use. I hardly think Anet is going to 'fix' a skill that requires someone to be choosy with how it's used in a smart way. If you aren't using this skill for EVERY opportunity to break a bar OR use it for a fear ability ... I dunno what to say.

> >

> > I'm just saying at the end of the day when warrior has better tools at its disposal to do the same job on a shorter cool down Fear Me kinda feels lack luster compared to them and will end up not being used. If I need to do a hard CC on a target quickly I'll use bull's charge, if I need to get foes out of an area I'll use stomp, wild blow, kick, rifle butt, or staggering blow. I'm not saying Fear Me has no place at all, but compared to what other things we have at our disposal it just doesn't quite make the cut, especially since we have CC traits that those other things work with that fear me doesn't.

>

> Well, to be fair here, Head butt has a higher requirement to equip (it's Berserker only) and sits in a more expensive slot (it's an elite skill) and has a side effect (it self stuns). So simply concluding 'it's better' is not really considering all the things that make them different or how you use them.

>

> Yup, Bull's charge is pretty awesome for a hard CC skill. It's not the things that are the same between the skills that make the unique though, it's the differences and if I'm using a shouts for some reason (maybe because I'm using the GM shout trait), then I might opt for Fear Me over Bull's charge ... or I might use both.

>

> See, the problem I have with the "it's not a great skill" argument for buffing is that we have choice and Warrior does not lack a big pile of really good skills so the argument we need JUST one more doesn't seem correct. It's about variety, not about how awesome every skill should be.

I'm mainly saying we have better skills at our disposal so it doesn't see a huge use. I do get that we can't buff all our skills to all be in line with each other, that could make certain professions OP over others.

i wish Fear Me should be something that more represent the actual horror inflicted by a powerful warrior, makes his enemy PANIC.

It should be a 600 range 3sec duration aoe that pulse 1s fear every sec up to 5 foes within the radius. Warrior do not want enemy to flee from him, but it will worth a slot if it is a true powerful 3sec area denial skill.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Simple solution:

>

> Get rid of Shout skills altogether and give Warriors a new F2 (or F3 when SP) Shout where you can pick any (and only one) of the currently available Shouts.

>

> Because the simply fact is that regular skill slots are at a premium for Warrior and Shout skills simply cannot compete with the other "essentials" we have already.

what a bad solution lol, in zergs i run with 3 shouts and that change wouldnt do anything good

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Simple solution:

> >

> > Get rid of Shout skills altogether and give Warriors a new F2 (or F3 when SP) Shout where you can pick any (and only one) of the currently available Shouts.

> >

> > Because the simply fact is that regular skill slots are at a premium for Warrior and Shout skills simply cannot compete with the other "essentials" we have already.

>

> what a bad solution lol, in zergs i run with 3 shouts and that change wouldnt do anything good

Shout build in 2018.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Simple solution:

> > >

> > > Get rid of Shout skills altogether and give Warriors a new F2 (or F3 when SP) Shout where you can pick any (and only one) of the currently available Shouts.

> > >

> > > Because the simply fact is that regular skill slots are at a premium for Warrior and Shout skills simply cannot compete with the other "essentials" we have already.

> >

> > what a bad solution lol, in zergs i run with 3 shouts and that change wouldnt do anything good

>

>

> Shout build in 2018.

You're all gonna be running around singing Taylor Swift songs. :tongue:

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Simple solution:

> > >

> > > Get rid of Shout skills altogether and give Warriors a new F2 (or F3 when SP) Shout where you can pick any (and only one) of the currently available Shouts.

> > >

> > > Because the simply fact is that regular skill slots are at a premium for Warrior and Shout skills simply cannot compete with the other "essentials" we have already.

> >

> > what a bad solution lol, in zergs i run with 3 shouts and that change wouldnt do anything good

>

>

> Shout build in 2018.

pveler talking about wvw.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Simple solution:

> > > >

> > > > Get rid of Shout skills altogether and give Warriors a new F2 (or F3 when SP) Shout where you can pick any (and only one) of the currently available Shouts.

> > > >

> > > > Because the simply fact is that regular skill slots are at a premium for Warrior and Shout skills simply cannot compete with the other "essentials" we have already.

> > >

> > > what a bad solution lol, in zergs i run with 3 shouts and that change wouldnt do anything good

> >

> >

> > Shout build in 2018.

>

> pveler talking about wvw.

Oh I WvW.

But since I don’t want to suck I either run the current core or SB builds. ;)

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > Simple solution:

> > > > >

> > > > > Get rid of Shout skills altogether and give Warriors a new F2 (or F3 when SP) Shout where you can pick any (and only one) of the currently available Shouts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because the simply fact is that regular skill slots are at a premium for Warrior and Shout skills simply cannot compete with the other "essentials" we have already.

> > > >

> > > > what a bad solution lol, in zergs i run with 3 shouts and that change wouldnt do anything good

> > >

> > >

> > > Shout build in 2018.

> >

> > pveler talking about wvw.

>

> Oh I WvW.

>

> But since I don’t want to suck I either run the current core or SB builds. ;)

>

cute, too bad nobody runs core in a zerg, mind you, i guess you suck then

i assume, that you run it while roaming...since i was clearly mentioning zerging ill just further assume that you are not that good with reading and thus not rly smart at all ;)

jk, just because you never tried that build doesnt mean its bad, because alot of ppl are stuck in hot meta, where warrior had to be full dmg dealer and worker wasnt good at that time nobody rly gives it a try

before you talk smack about it again try it out, i even posted it on here some time ago

what about if fear me had a debuff for 3-5 seconds which meant when activated the next skill an enemy uses would be put on extended cooldown.. would give warrior something we currently dont have and wouldnt be massively OP while maintaining the 'Timing' needed to use it properly..???... i kinda like this idea :+1:

edit.. now thinking about it if the enemy stun break it and then thier stun break is on extended cooldown then that is kinda OP lul unless ur a mirage then u just dodge lol

> @"TibbsDeTelTel.1690" said:

> what about if fear me had a debuff for 3-5 seconds which meant when activated the next skill an enemy uses would be put on extended cooldown.. would give warrior something we currently dont have and wouldnt be massively OP while maintaining the 'Timing' needed to use it properly..???... i kinda like this idea :+1:

>

> edit.. now thinking about it if the enemy stun break it and then thier stun break is on extended cooldown then that is kinda OP lul unless ur a mirage then u just dodge lol

put their dodge on cd, that would be fun, you mean the debuff on top of fear?

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Ikkeman.9280" said:

> > A skill which prevents the enemies from evading? That would be both interesting and fun at the same time. I would vote for that.

>

> a status effect that prevents you from dodging but youcan still use skills, which is not effected by stability

It could be interesting changing fear into an anti vigor boon instead of a run away boon, but they'd probably have to keep fear for other reasons and make a new condition to make endurance drain instead of regenerating.

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> As cool as draining endurance off enemies sound? how would this skill fare in PvE?

>

> In its current state, does it need more help PvE wise? or PvP/WvW wise?

id say its not rly good in any playable mode, in pve, just make it drain breakbar or lower recharge of breakbars whatever

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Ikkeman.9280" said:

> > > A skill which prevents the enemies from evading? That would be both interesting and fun at the same time. I would vote for that.

> >

> > a status effect that prevents you from dodging but youcan still use skills, which is not effected by stability

>

> It could be interesting changing fear into an anti vigor boon instead of a run away boon, but they'd probably have to keep fear for other reasons and make a new condition to make endurance drain instead of regenerating.

well i didnt mean to just change fear into something else, just introduce that as a new thing, well weakness already lowers your endurance rechargerate so i dunno

but fear me definately is pretty much trash right now, but could also be some kind of stun in a way that your opponents tremble in fear before you and stand there like paralyzed

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > As cool as draining endurance off enemies sound? how would this skill fare in PvE?

> >

> > In its current state, does it need more help PvE wise? or PvP/WvW wise?

>

> id say its not rly good in any playable mode, in pve, just make it drain breakbar or lower recharge of breakbars whatever

>

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Ikkeman.9280" said:

> > > > A skill which prevents the enemies from evading? That would be both interesting and fun at the same time. I would vote for that.

> > >

> > > a status effect that prevents you from dodging but youcan still use skills, which is not effected by stability

> >

> > It could be interesting changing fear into an anti vigor boon instead of a run away boon, but they'd probably have to keep fear for other reasons and make a new condition to make endurance drain instead of regenerating.

>

> well i didnt mean to just change fear into something else, just introduce that as a new thing, well weakness already lowers your endurance rechargerate so i dunno

> but fear me definately is pretty much trash right now, but could also be some kind of stun in a way that your opponents tremble in fear before you and stand there like paralyzed

Yea usually people are frozen in fear and run away in terror.

People comparing Fear Me to Bull's Charge as a baseline... >.>

Bull's Charge is probably one of the single most overloaded utility skills in the game and is a staple on virtually every build in existence. It's Shadowstep-levels of good, if not better because the mobility on SStep isn't as amazing as it used to be due to powercreep.

People seem to be missing the fact Fear Me is unblockable AoE CC which is effectively AoE Basilisk Venom on a decent duration that can be increased by gear to up to 6s with shout synergy which bears huge significance given the rune and trait support for shouts.

The only reason the skill isn't used a ton is because of how boons/permastab is so common today and because of how a few utils are always occupied on the bar because warrior's design is beginning to fall apart because it's overly-dependent on a select few very overtuned utils.

The skill's cooldown is absolutely appropriate for what it does. If we buffed every unused util we'd have all the passive movespeed signets having crazy busted actives, spirit skills making rangers literally unkillable in their radius, necros teleporting all over the place...

Maybe look to what's making this skill not be utilized more than trying to force it to be made overbearing.