Pvp Has Died

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Axelteas.7192" said:

> > Hack dont kill the PVP, **this died when Gw2 became free to play**. Anyone can create alter accounts and put toons afk to manipulate combats.

>

> Yep, this is a major problem we all have to deal with. People with no prior experience or even an investment in the game logging on, thinking "hey lets go play ranked for leaderboard" and tanking teams, or people creating alts with [redacted way to manipulate matches] to tilt games.

>

>

Anet could have made an easy fix for this by locking out ranked and unranked matches to F2P accounts.

In order to play Pvp Ranked or unranked mode you must first raise a character to level 80 on that account only lvl 80 characters on F2P accounts are allowed to queued matches.

2nd you must obtain a pvp rank level 30 or 35 on that account by playing hot join pvp (the cap should have been higher)

Only after doing these things would you be allowed to play Ranked pvp with a F2P account character meaning you have to do a good bit of work in order to play. So if you want to to do all that work to sit around and Afk then go for it Being reported several times a day for being afk by all means go for it. But it would stop alot of the people from just instantly jumping in and not doing anything in qued matches.

Other games Ive played do this to new players locking them out of ranked till you do meet specific goals on that account which proves that you actually want to play and have taken some time at least learn the basics of the game, classes/characters, maps, etc.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > Pvp might be dead for you, but it's not for a ton of people. Stop the hyperboles.

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > @"Axelteas.7192" said:

> > > > > Hack dont kill the PVP, **this died when Gw2 became free to play**. Anyone can create alter accounts and put toons afk to manipulate combats.

> > > >

> > > > Yep, this is a major problem we all have to deal with. People with no prior experience or even an investment in the game logging on, thinking "hey lets go play ranked for leaderboard" and tanking teams, or people creating alts with [redacted way to manipulate matches] to tilt games.

> > > You have to be rank 20 to queue for ranked. So this is untrue.

> >

> > Took me 36 games in order to reach level 20. That's nothing.

> Well, you need 61500 rank points for rank 20 based on GW2 wiki. (maybe it's 54k? not 100% sure) That's 41 wins if you have a 100% winrate (41 games), which is impossible. If you have an 50% winrate, that's going to take you 62 games (31 wins 31 losses). If you are a new player, you will be well below 50% winrate, so that's even more. Anyways, the point is, if you are playing on an alt account, you probably will have a higher winrate around 70%. That makes is roughly 50 games played to participate in ranked arena. If you ask me, that's quite a time investment (if my maths is correct).

>

> tldr my point is, you can't just create a new account and hop in to wintrade / afk.

>

> Personally I would not really support setting the rank limit higher, maybe rank ~ 30 tops. There is no real point excluding players with ~80-100 games from ranked, because you have the MM system to take care of that. At the same time, it's already kinda limited for alt accounts to join in ranked.

>

>

I went 34-2.