Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

>

> Why shouldn't it be good enough reason? How many people realistically play an MMO and have a cheat engine running in the background, but aren't cheating? None.

A big proportion of people, I guarantee nearly everyone with a decent computer has alt tabbed out of this game or another one and completely forget they had it open, I know i have done this multiple times.

> If you have to be told not run a a cheat program while playing an MMO, then there's nothing more to say.

It's not just a cheat program though, it can be used with emulators like CEMU to change the locked FPS and other legitimate settings.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> >

> > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

>

> No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that. You're mindset is irresponsibly ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

Exactly.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > @"Sojar.1495" said:

> > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > Being banned for having certain programs on your computer and not cheating on the game is wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > The way Anet did this is not by grabbing the processes that were linked to Guildwars but ALL your processes.

> > > > >

> > > > > HUGE breach of privacy and security. It'd be different if they just monitored what was linked to GW2 instead of grabbing everything and storing it on their servers. I have a major problem with that

> > > >

> > > > Really? A huge breach of security? Why is that? Explain why it's a huge breach of security. I can literally copy paste a list of every active process I have running all over the internet. What security risk will I incur? Do tell!

> > >

> > > It's not like Spyware is ever used to backdoor your computer's security or anything.....

> >

> > Are you absolutely KIDDING ME? Spyware? So the GW2 client is now Spyware. The Windows reporting API is now Spyware?

> >

> > ANET is installing Spyware, and they plan to create a backdoor into users' computers? For what? Are they going to use this glorious botnet to DDoS Blizzard?

> >

> > Also, do you use Steam? I certainly hope not! Steam is 1000000000x worse and more aggressive. Do you play Overwatch? Warden makes this look positively benign! Hope you don't use Origin, because it's the absolute worst of the bunch! Even when it's not running, it monitors and uploads data via PunkBuster, and it is notoriously difficult to remove PunkBuster FULLY from a system for a layman.

> >

> > Nah... sorry. I don't buy one bit of all this outrage "Oh my privacy!" "Oh my data!" "ANET has betrayed my trust!" "BOOO HOOOO!"

> >

> > You signed the UA/ToS. If you're in Germany, here's how this will work. If you sue ANET under German law and invalidate their ToS/UA, that's perfectly fine. ANET will refund you your money. They will then restrict you from play, permanently. You will be disallowed from creating future accounts with them, and any account found in violation (aka yours) will be IMMEDIATELY banned and deleted without recourse. So if that's what you want, because "Boo hoo, my precious list of active processes was stolen by evil old ANET"... GO. FOR. IT.

> >

> > Also, if all of you complaining about the privacy of this could post saying "I don't have a Steam account, an Origin account or play any Blizzard games nor any games with Denuvo, etc either" and then go ahead and link your posts on the Steam forums, Blizzard forums, EA forums, etc showcasing your crusades against their horrifically intrusive data gathering used to try and keep cheaters to a minimum, that would be GREAT. Thanks in advance!

> >

> >

>

> Just because other companies do it or do worse, doesn't make what ANET did okay

I am willing to sacrifice this really tiny bit of privacy if it helps to catch cheaters

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > >

> > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> >

> > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that. You're mindset is irresponsibly ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

>

> Exactly.

So again would you be perfectly fine with ANET banning your account for no valid reason? E.g Having a web browser installed because you could potentially use it to download cheats.

We all know the answer but again i'm sure you will come up with another excuse

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

> >

> > Why shouldn't it be good enough reason? How many people realistically play an MMO and have a cheat engine running in the background, but aren't cheating? None.

>

> A big proportion of people, I guarantee nearly everyone with a decent computer has alt tabbed out of this game or another one and completely forget they had it open, I know i have done this multiple times.

>

> > If you have to be told not run a a cheat program while playing an MMO, then there's nothing more to say.

>

> It's not just a cheat program though, it can be used with emulators like CEMU to change the locked FPS and other legitimate settings.

>

>

That's the player's risk ... so it's not JUST a cheat program ... so it's OK to use it? So if I tack on some screensaver dancing hamsters to my hack programs ... THAT'S OK to use while Playing GW2 because it's not JUST a cheat program? I can ASSURE you it is **not**. The premise of your arguments are so weak and illogical.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > >

> > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that. You're mindset is irresponsibly ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> >

> > Exactly.

>

> So again would you be perfectly fine with ANET banning your account for no valid reason? E.g Having a web browser installed because you could potentially use it to download cheats.

>

> We all know the answer but again i'm sure you will come up with another excuse

Having a web browser open to any site in the world would not cause ANet to think you were cheating. This has nothing to do with your web browser and you're insulting us if you think you can convince anyone that's all was going on. lol, I do believe that would eliminate every single person on the internet today..

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> >

> > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

>

> No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

>

> You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> So again would you be perfectly fine with ANET banning your account for no valid reason? E.g Having a web browser installed because you could potentially use it to download cheats.

>

> We all know the answer but again i'm sure you will come up with another excuse

You don't get it. They have a valid reason. You want to argue a hypothetical. This isn't a hypothetical. This is what happened. And if players and/or cheaters weren't smart enough to know better, there's nothing anyone here can say that will fix that.

I don't care about cheats and bans because it has nothing to do with me. But I do care that Anet surreptitiously took information about running processes (which for me includes network flow software monitoring every capable app on my system) and removed it to their own servers. They have not told us exactly what was taken, whether it has been stored securely, or whether it will be deleted. This will remain a questionable act, ethically and legally, until Anet explains itself.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > >

> > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> >

> > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> >

> > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

>

> If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

Except you don't.

Twoodi and a few others just love their hypothetical scenatrios. Just stop with the "What if " stuff.

And to the german guy who cited that his cheat software was last changed in 2017 which proves he didn't use it for his just 1 month old account: It might be news to you but the date of "last changed" does not change each time you start a program. My winamp says last changed in June 2012. Doesn't mean I haven't listened to any mp3 in six years.

> @"ffletcher.3468" said:

> I don't care about cheats and bans because it has nothing to do with me. But I do care that Anet surreptitiously took information about running processes (which for me includes network flow software monitoring every capable app on my system) and removed it to their own servers. They have not told us exactly what was taken, whether it has been stored securely, or whether it will be deleted. This will remain a questionable act, ethically and legally, until Anet explains itself.

oh boy.. Microsoft Windows routinely sees what you're running.. If you're not running their web browser it will continue to tell you that theirs is better until you finally tell it to stop. But it's always checking. and many many other software programs that you run every day are checking your running memory for whatever it is they're programmed to look for. I think that a lot of people would be surprised to find out that whatever ANet does to try to help protect their 'honest' gamers is tiny compared to what a lot of that so called "good and safe" software we all run does.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > >

> > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > >

> > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> >

> > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

>

> You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

>

> I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

>

> Except you don't.

It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat?

They already do this if the game detects you are cheating and breaking the game rules e.g teleporting and moving faster than you are meant to they will watch you whilst invisible. They have been caught forgetting to go invisible a few times and they regularly message people they suspect of botting to see if they get a response.

> You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

Why does this amuse you? If you were banned and you were sure you didn't cheat wouldn't you want some proof or evidence to be shown

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > >

> > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > >

> > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > >

> > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> >

> > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> >

> > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> >

> > Except you don't.

>

> It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

What makes you think Anet doesn't do that? How do you know ... other than it sounds like really good PR to bash on Anet for banning cheaters?

If there truly are better ways to implement anti-cheat mechanics, which do not degrade your system's performance ([as the author of the Reddit post stated](

"as the author of the Reddit post stated")), then ANet should consider those. However, and that is the actual point here, it certainly isn't legal to _silently_ implement scan mechanics without asking for the user's permission. (In other games, like VAC protected ones, the users know and it's perfectly fine.) That approach is a complete no-go in my opinion.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > >

> > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > >

> > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > >

> > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> >

> > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> >

> > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> >

> > Except you don't.

>

> It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

Maybe because GW2 is free and not pay2win so they don't swim in money to hire a ton of GM like the big moneygrabbers. Just an idea, not stating as a fact.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat?

>

> They already do this if the game detects you are cheating and breaking the game rules e.g teleporting and moving faster than you are meant to they will watch you whilst invisible. They have been caught forgetting to go invisible a few times and they regularly message people they suspect of botting to see if they get a response.

>

>

> Why does this amuse you? If you were banned and you were sure you didn't cheat wouldn't you want some proof or evidence to be shown

I don't have to worry about being banned for NOT cheating though ... I don't see the relevance of your question. I might want that, but I don't expect that.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > >

> > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > >

> > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > >

> > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > >

> > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > >

> > > Except you don't.

> >

> > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

>

> What makes you think Anet doesn't do that?

Well clearly they arent cause people are just getting banned for having cheat engine running at the same time as GW2 was running based on a "multi period week" the thing they sent to look through what process people were running.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > Except you don't.

>

Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed a champion for loot that their group could not.

Exchange went like this:

GM: How's it going?

Me: Good. You?

GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

Me: No worries. :)

Five minutes later. . . .

GM: Have a nice day. ;)

But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > >

> > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > >

> > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > >

> > > > Except you don't.

> > >

> > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> >

> > What makes you think Anet doesn't do that?

>

> Well clearly they arent cause people are just getting banned for having cheat engine running at the same time as GW2 was running based on a "multi period week" the thing they sent to look through what process people were running.

No, that doesn't make it clear to me that Anet don't have GM's watching the game at all. It just tells me Anet does MORE than having GM's watch the game.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat?

> >

> > They already do this if the game detects you are cheating and breaking the game rules e.g teleporting and moving faster than you are meant to they will watch you whilst invisible. They have been caught forgetting to go invisible a few times and they regularly message people they suspect of botting to see if they get a response.

> >

> > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> >

> > Why does this amuse you? If you were banned and you were sure you didn't cheat wouldn't you want some proof or evidence to be shown

>

> I don't have to worry about being banned for NOT cheating though ... I don't see the relevance of your question. I might want that, but I don't expect that.

Again if you have any keyboard or mouse software installed on your computer you could be accused of cheating (using macros to autocast) and you are saying it's fine for ANET to ban users for that without having any evidence of them cheating

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > >

> > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > >

> > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > >

> > >

> > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > >

> > > Except you don't.

> >

> > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

>

> Maybe because GW2 is free and not pay2win so they don't swim in money to hire a ton of GM like the big moneygrabbers. Just an idea, not stating as a fact.

It's technically not free. It's Buy to play, and with the money they made off Expansions i would hope they can hire some people dedicated to watch suspected players.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat?

> > >

> > > They already do this if the game detects you are cheating and breaking the game rules e.g teleporting and moving faster than you are meant to they will watch you whilst invisible. They have been caught forgetting to go invisible a few times and they regularly message people they suspect of botting to see if they get a response.

> > >

> > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > >

> > > Why does this amuse you? If you were banned and you were sure you didn't cheat wouldn't you want some proof or evidence to be shown

> >

> > I don't have to worry about being banned for NOT cheating though ... I don't see the relevance of your question. I might want that, but I don't expect that.

>

> Again if you have any keyboard or mouse software installed on your computer you could be accused of cheating (using macros to autocast) and you are saying it's fine for ANET to ban users for that without having any evidence of them cheating

Yes, I am saying that's fine ... it wouldn't be good for the game, but it's their assets. I don't own my account. I mean, let's me clear ... they didn't ban anyone for having hardware that is macro programmable via software did they ... so I don't even see why you are bringing that up. It's a red herring.

You keep referring to these hypothetical situations that didn't happen to dismiss something that DID happen. That makes no sense.