BG vs all other servers combined

Ryudnard.2587

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Senqu.8054" said:

> Who takes WvW serious anymore? Since the most servers are dead right now its more likely that the ppl who seriously want to enjoy WvW all transed to BG so they have mates to play with. Its not a secret that the most players gave up to ppting.

BG has been closed for a long time, so not only are you implying that no one on any other server wants to enjoy wvw, but that no one who has started playing wvw since BG was closed wants to enjoy wvw. Keep up the good work cementing BG's arrogant reputation.

FYI, there are *tons* of players on other servers who "seriously want to enjoy wvw", and I have plenty of mates to play with on my non-BG server.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > It's better off if BG is just deleted and players are forced to disperse on other servers. If Anet did do this, it wouldn't make much of a difference as servers are being abolished anyway in a few months.

>

> When this occurs I will be quitting wvw, as will many others I suspect.

Anyone who quits because they can only play with 500 or 1000 instead of 2500 of their "closest friends" (lol) is playing for the wrong reasons. No one knows everyone else on their server nor can be so insular that they *must* play with those specific people and no one else. Open up yourself to meeting and playing with new people.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > It's better off if BG is just deleted and players are forced to disperse on other servers. If Anet did do this, it wouldn't make much of a difference as servers are being abolished anyway in a few months.

>

> When this occurs I will be quitting wvw, as will many others I suspect.

Thats ok.

It will remove all server pride and comradere and remove the incentive to "defend our realm." To be replaced with generic green and blue and red teams with 0 cohesion or substance. Copy and pasted teams of neverending random people with nobody who is familiar. What's the point.

It will also remove the competition against familiar faces/guilds zergs who we see working together, among other servers

> @"swellercross.3974" said:

> WE admit us from SOS ,BG is a formidable Server that never sleep a 24/7 ppl always on ,we jus hanging tight till our last breath ,and just avoiding to get demoralized like jq,db,mag etc,etc ,at the moment some of guilds from SOS are on Hybernation mode we expect maybe goin down to t2 soon .

All SoS does is split the maps with BG and play for 2nd. JQ DB Mag FA don't have the coverage to compete with that ppt double team and most likely don't really care anyways as t1 is pretty boring. The only thing that demoralizes a server like mag is players hiding from fighting and hugging siege all day, speaking of demoralizing did we already forget mag wiping sos ebg side multiple times in the last few months? It's just disappointing that the biggest servers are more afraid to fight than the mid tier servers, seriously props to servers like FA TC SBI CD YB that come out to fight, albeit under heavy siege.

Also KnT already moved, and look at what it's done for YB who's now in 2nd. Rev rumored to be going on break too. So yeah sos moving to t2 I guess cause a bigger ppt server finally emerged again to break you from BG's big brother grip.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"swellercross.3974" said:

> > WE admit us from SOS ,BG is a formidable Server that never sleep a 24/7 ppl always on ,we jus hanging tight till our last breath ,and just avoiding to get demoralized like jq,db,mag etc,etc ,at the moment some of guilds from SOS are on Hybernation mode we expect maybe goin down to t2 soon .

>

> All SoS does is split the maps with BG and play for 2nd. JQ DB Mag FA don't have the coverage to compete with that ppt double team and most likely don't really care anyways as t1 is pretty boring. The only thing that demoralizes a server like mag is players hiding from fighting and hugging siege all day, speaking of demoralizing did we already forget mag wiping sos ebg side multiple times in the last few months? It's just disappointing that the biggest servers are more afraid to fight than the mid tier servers, seriously props to servers like FA TC SBI CD YB that come out to fight, albeit under heavy siege.

>

> Also KnT already moved, and look at what it's done for YB who's now in 2nd. Rev rumored to be going on break too. So yeah sos moving to t2 I guess cause a bigger ppt server finally emerged again to break you from BG's big brother grip.

>

BG do actually fight Mags tho, but whenever Mag is pushed back, they just run back to SMC and get to seiges. Kek. Only one of the Rev driver is on break, plus we have a few returning drivers.

> @"Eremes Guile.1480" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"swellercross.3974" said:

> > > WE admit us from SOS ,BG is a formidable Server that never sleep a 24/7 ppl always on ,we jus hanging tight till our last breath ,and just avoiding to get demoralized like jq,db,mag etc,etc ,at the moment some of guilds from SOS are on Hybernation mode we expect maybe goin down to t2 soon .

> >

> > All SoS does is split the maps with BG and play for 2nd. JQ DB Mag FA don't have the coverage to compete with that ppt double team and most likely don't really care anyways as t1 is pretty boring. The only thing that demoralizes a server like mag is players hiding from fighting and hugging siege all day, speaking of demoralizing did we already forget mag wiping sos ebg side multiple times in the last few months? It's just disappointing that the biggest servers are more afraid to fight than the mid tier servers, seriously props to servers like FA TC SBI CD YB that come out to fight, albeit under heavy siege.

> >

> > Also KnT already moved, and look at what it's done for YB who's now in 2nd. Rev rumored to be going on break too. So yeah sos moving to t2 I guess cause a bigger ppt server finally emerged again to break you from BG's big brother grip.

> >

>

> BG do actually fight Mags tho, but whenever Mag is pushed back, they just run back to SMC and get to seiges. Kek. Only one of the Rev driver is on break, plus we have a few returning drivers.

Hey we learned from the best at it, the trips to t1 wasn't all unproductive afterall!

> @"Eremes Guile.1480" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"swellercross.3974" said:

> > > WE admit us from SOS ,BG is a formidable Server that never sleep a 24/7 ppl always on ,we jus hanging tight till our last breath ,and just avoiding to get demoralized like jq,db,mag etc,etc ,at the moment some of guilds from SOS are on Hybernation mode we expect maybe goin down to t2 soon .

> >

> > All SoS does is split the maps with BG and play for 2nd. JQ DB Mag FA don't have the coverage to compete with that ppt double team and most likely don't really care anyways as t1 is pretty boring. The only thing that demoralizes a server like mag is players hiding from fighting and hugging siege all day, speaking of demoralizing did we already forget mag wiping sos ebg side multiple times in the last few months? It's just disappointing that the biggest servers are more afraid to fight than the mid tier servers, seriously props to servers like FA TC SBI CD YB that come out to fight, albeit under heavy siege.

> >

> > Also KnT already moved, and look at what it's done for YB who's now in 2nd. Rev rumored to be going on break too. So yeah sos moving to t2 I guess cause a bigger ppt server finally emerged again to break you from BG's big brother grip.

> >

>

> BG do actually fight Mags tho, but whenever Mag is pushed back, they just run back to SMC and get to seiges. Kek. Only one of the Rev driver is on break, plus we have a few returning drivers.

Hey we learned from the best at it, the trips to t1 wasn't all unproductive afterall!

Tier 1 is a joke. I am not salty or angry. Tier 1 doesn't give you any rewards or titles or currencies or powers. It's just server pride. Server pride can be seen as a form of neurological prejudice.

Blackgate is a strong server yes. They have good population and their roamers scouts and zergs all usually play top tier meta builds. But for the effort you have to put to beat them - it's not worth it. There is nothing of value to be gained being a tier 1 server.

Besides...the bottom servers are more interesting. There is different builds and high / low spikes of battles and roam battles.

This is because black gate takes everything and prevents the other 2 servers from having any battles or roaming ganks as well as having any action. Black gate captures everything and then turtles all week.

THe lower server tiers is where it's at. Plenty of action and fighting.

> @"Anthony.7630" said:

> Tier 1 is a joke. I am not salty or angry. Tier 1 doesn't give you any rewards or titles or currencies or powers. It's just server pride. Server pride can be seen as a form of neurological prejudice.

>

> Blackgate is a strong server yes. They have good population and their roamers scouts and zergs all usually play top tier meta builds. But for the effort you have to put to beat them - it's not worth it. There is nothing of value to be gained being a tier 1 server.

>

> Besides...the bottom servers are more interesting. There is different builds and high / low spikes of battles and roam battles.

>

> This is because black gate takes everything and prevents the other 2 servers from having any battles or roaming ganks as well as having any action. Black gate captures everything and then turtles all week.

>

> THe lower server tiers is where it's at. Plenty of action and fighting.

i play mainly sea, my alt is on sbi, you only have small actions on weekends, but the rest of the week, good luck.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> > This is not a match up thread, here's an idea. For a server that's been holding the 1st place for several months, why not create an event week, in which BG is up against all the other servers? If this is too much, BG vs other 2 servers in the same tier can work :)

> >

> > Although, I have a feeling BG will still have stronger cover and win lol.

> >

> >

>

> If you look at the matchups, it's BG vs 4 servers.

>

> More seriously, what do you mean by the '2 servers' comment at the end? BG (and every other server) faces at least 2 servers

Yeah 4 servers with new and unexperienced people who just run when see the zerg come

> @"abelsgmx.7530" said:

> Yeah 4 servers with new and unexperienced people who just run when see the zerg come

This is quite true to an extent. Besides coverage being an issue, it is the experience of players that play a big role in this [both players & comms]. There are new players every so often, and they don't carry the experience of previous veterans, and because of this all the new bloods do not know how to handle certain situations or are overwhelmed so they do the next best thing which is scatter, and honestly I do not blame them. There is a general sense of disorganisation, there needs to be more vocal guilds doing general training, comm training, having server meetings etc. In T1 for example there is a set pattern every week. BG border remains mostly untouched, red border gets hit by both blue/green, same with on eb. Green just goes around taking everyone's lunch money, blue seems comfortable where they are and just pokes red and greens sides, and red tries to make the best of what they can for the week [props to anyone who is red for the week]. This week it is exciting to see YB sliding into second, hopefully SoS can have a refreshing week next reset and give the newer players a different experience and break from the current pattern of playing.

> @"abelsgmx.7530" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> > > This is not a match up thread, here's an idea. For a server that's been holding the 1st place for several months, why not create an event week, in which BG is up against all the other servers? If this is too much, BG vs other 2 servers in the same tier can work :)

> > >

> > > Although, I have a feeling BG will still have stronger cover and win lol.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > If you look at the matchups, it's BG vs 4 servers.

> >

> > More seriously, what do you mean by the '2 servers' comment at the end? BG (and every other server) faces at least 2 servers

>

> Yeah 4 servers with new and unexperienced people who just run when see the zerg come

Oh I agree. Still, what is meant by 'vs two servers'. That's what every match is.

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> It's not possible to compete with BG because ANET won't allow any other server to overstack to the level that BG has. You need coverage to compete with BG, but the current server limits don't allow that.

>

> And since the players on BG aren't interested in transferring to create competition, we're stuck with this idiotic situation until Alliances.

>

> ANET's original plan was to kill JQ, which they eventually did. But in the process created a much worse situation by allowing BG to overstack to the point of absurdity. Now ANET's only recourse is to blow up all the servers and start over. Which is what the alliance system is all about. The server system could have worked, but ANET mismanaged it very badly.

>

>

This^^^ **SPOT ON**, dude!

SPOT - FUCKING ON!

It's so funny to read all this "stuff" about how great BG is. BG isn't great at all. They have numbers, numbers, numbers. They probably actually have a good fight group or two in there somewhere. Without their big numbers and ton of WoDs they love to drop they are mostly pretty easy to kill. The guild I run with looks for fights. We have yet to find a BG group with even numbers that doesn't just get wiped most of the time by our fight group (you'll have to guess who we are.. ninja killers... come close and you'll see). Then what happens is they will come back with bigger and bigger numbers until they can't help but win. That's not GOOD play... that's just huge blobbing and anyone on BG that can't admit that is hiding from their truth. ... and the talk about siege and tower humping? Just come close to a BG held tower or Keep and the first thing you will see everytime is a TON of siege and people on it pounding away until their massive blob can come save them.

lol, I'm not a fight commander so when I'm not with the fight group I will sometimes pug-mand. Get a decent size 'havoc' group going and pillage what we can for pips and fun. I'll tell them... if we see a group of BG stay on me, give us heals etc, and just plow into them. If it's a group close to our size, even us as a texmanding pug group win lots of the time. I will tell them, and it happens... hang on folks because they're coming back with bigger numbers... and it happens every time...

It's not skill, it's just numbers and I also will be happy if ANet does implement this new dynamic server structure. In the meantime I will continue to chuckle at the BG is awesome comments... :)

... oh and by the way... none of the above is salt, not even close to it. It really is pure and simple truth. No gauntlet being thrown down since we're already matched up. Just bring on the blobs... we'll continue to poke the hornet nest when we can and yes most of us do just go in there to have fun. Take it serious? roflmao

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"abelsgmx.7530" said:

> > Yeah 4 servers with new and unexperienced people who just run when see the zerg come

>

> This is quite true to an extent. Besides coverage being an issue, it is the experience of players that play a big role in this [both players & comms]. There are new players every so often, and they don't carry the experience of previous veterans, and because of this all the new bloods do not know how to handle certain situations or are overwhelmed so they do the next best thing which is scatter, and honestly I do not blame them. There is a general sense of disorganisation, there needs to be more vocal guilds doing general training, comm training, having server meetings etc. In T1 for example there is a set pattern every week. BG border remains mostly untouched, red border gets hit by both blue/green, same with on eb. Green just goes around taking everyone's lunch money, blue seems comfortable where they are and just pokes red and greens sides, and red tries to make the best of what they can for the week [props to anyone who is red for the week]. This week it is exciting to see YB sliding into second, hopefully SoS can have a refreshing week next reset and give the newer players a different experience and break from the current pattern of playing.

I am not blaming on new players, all the games need new players to live, just saying the current WvW match system is not looking on that, facing new players with experienced players, resulting in people who don't want join in WvW and outnumbered factions. A posible solution, can be making WvW guilds (no server bsed guilds), formed by players ranks, going up based on their performance, so unexperienced people can have the same oportunities to enjoy WvW.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> It's so funny to read all this "stuff" about how great BG is. BG isn't great at all. They have numbers, numbers, numbers. They probably actually have a good fight group or two in there somewhere. Without their big numbers and ton of WoDs they love to drop they are mostly pretty easy to kill. The guild I run with looks for fights. We have yet to find a BG group with even numbers that doesn't just get wiped most of the time by our fight group (you'll have to guess who we are.. ninja killers... come close and you'll see). Then what happens is they will come back with bigger and bigger numbers until they can't help but win. That's not GOOD play... that's just huge blobbing and anyone on BG that can't admit that is hiding from their truth. ... and the talk about siege and tower humping? Just come close to a BG held tower or Keep and the first thing you will see everytime is a TON of siege and people on it pounding away until their massive blob can come save them.

Mag say this long long time, like long long time ago.

> @"abelsgmx.7530" said:

> I am not blaming on new players, all the games need new players to live, just saying the current WvW match system is not looking on that, facing new players with experienced players, resulting in people who don't want join in WvW and outnumbered factions. A posible solution, can be making WvW guilds (no server bsed guilds), formed by players ranks, going up based on their performance, so unexperienced people can have the same oportunities to enjoy WvW.

Join a tier 4 server then, most of the experienced players/guilds who want more challenging play eventually go up in tiers already, also less players down there to deal with if you like small group or roaming.

Join a guild to help you get wvw experience.

Alliance system is coming and all the worlds will be built so that coverage will be evened out. New players will be tossed wherever, so bottom line is they are going to have to tough it out and find players to fight with regularly. You can only get better by playing and experiencing the many different situations of wvw, learn from it and get better, just like anything else in life and games.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> It's so funny to read all this "stuff" about how great BG is. BG isn't great at all. They have numbers, numbers, numbers. They probably actually have a good fight group or two in there somewhere. Without their big numbers and ton of WoDs they love to drop they are mostly pretty easy to kill. The guild I run with looks for fights. We have yet to find a BG group with even numbers that doesn't just get wiped most of the time by our fight group (you'll have to guess who we are.. ninja killers... come close and you'll see). Then what happens is they will come back with bigger and bigger numbers until they can't help but win. That's not GOOD play... that's just huge blobbing and anyone on BG that can't admit that is hiding from their truth. ... and the talk about siege and tower humping? Just come close to a BG held tower or Keep and the first thing you will see everytime is a TON of siege and people on it pounding away until their massive blob can come save them.

>

> lol, I'm not a fight commander so when I'm not with the fight group I will sometimes pug-mand. Get a decent size 'havoc' group going and pillage what we can for pips and fun. I'll tell them... if we see a group of BG stay on me, give us heals etc, and just plow into them. If it's a group close to our size, even us as a texmanding pug group win lots of the time. I will tell them, and it happens... hang on folks because they're coming back with bigger numbers... and it happens every time...

>

> It's not skill, it's just numbers and I also will be happy if ANet does implement this new dynamic server structure. In the meantime I will continue to chuckle at the BG is awesome comments... :)

>

> ... oh and by the way... none of the above is salt, not even close to it. It really is pure and simple truth. No gauntlet being thrown down since we're already matched up. Just bring on the blobs... we'll continue to poke the hornet nest when we can and yes most of us do just go in there to have fun. Take it serious? roflmao

Definitely no salt in this lengthy post. teheee :3

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Rev rumored to be going on break too.

>

I was REV's main pin, hello.

REV's last WvW raid was this past Wednesday. The guild is not disbanding per say, but it's entire active playerbase is shifting focus to a new guild, due to some internal structure reasons. The internal stuff nothing dramatic or worth memeing about, hence why the whole active playerbase is shifting over without any split.

So when you see a new guild tag on BG this upcoming week, don't be afraid to say hi. Our WvW presence will be unchanged in all but name. Though we'll still not be in a spot to do more gvgs for some time, BG is hell to recruit on for that kind of purpose.