Ranged thief build, AoE options other than SB?

Gadzooks.4687

Ive been recently trying to give a more range oriented build a go, and the one thing im struggling with, are all the fights where you find yourself vs 4-5 enemies at a time. Trying to take down enemies one at a time with P/P is quiet challenging, and SB, while it has AoE, isnt very high damage, and doesnt seem to synergize well with the talents that work well with P/P.

Im open to suggestions or ideas, as I continue to try to improve my own skill level as well.

> @Gadzooks.4687 said:

> Ive been recently trying to give a more range oriented build a go, and the one thing im struggling with, are all the fights where you find yourself vs 4-5 enemies at a time. Trying to take down enemies one at a time with P/P is quiet challenging, and SB, while it has AoE, isnt very high damage, and doesnt seem to synergize well with the talents that work well with P/P.

>

> Im open to suggestions or ideas, as I continue to try to improve my own skill level as well.

I've been playing with sword/dagger, and dagger 4 along with auto attacks serves as pretty good cleave. It's also a lot of aoe cripple, so you have some room to disengage a bit without having to stealth.

Dagger/Dagger and Shadow Flare is what I use to melt a lot of enemies. Thief really doesn't have a lot of decent AOE options compared to other classes. And your best bet if you do use AOEs is to build condition. Because Shortbow has the Bleed AOE from cluster bomb, and the poison field. In your utilities you got Caltrops. Elite Skill would be Dagger Storm (which is actually pretty strong on condi builds).

The use of the stolen skills in conjunction with Improv , mercy, one in the chaMBER and peripheral vision can be surprisingly effective.

This all depends on exactly what is stolen but steal at range (1500) to get the 2 stolen skills. Apply them back to back at range immediately. This will apply AOE conditions to all in the cluster. Mercy to reset but use the added cantrip again BEFORE the next steal and then apply the next stolen skill. Zero ini used.

If you happned to steal health as example, and are traited DA DE and TR you have just applied 4 poison 10 confusion to your mark along with weakness added to 15 bleeds plus what you got with one in the chamber those 15 bleeds as AOE and sit with 20 might this all at range. You have also got a heal for over 7k from the mug and the heal in the stolen skill.