Legendary Armor

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

>

> A someone who has grinded a set of WvW Legendary Armor I can honestly say when I was grinding.

> The look of the armor mattered very very little to me.

> I now own a full set, happy with it because it does what I needed it to do.

>

> **We don't need and shouldn't have PvE armor skins.** That is a reward for people who have dedicated some form of time and grind to the game mode they enjoy.

> So I will never support having legendary armor skins from PvE ported over to WvW.

>

> What I would like to see, is the wvw armor reworked to reflect AND match the new obsidian weapons we have been given.

> That would make more sense, and would be a much better use of the very few resources we have towards cosmetics.

> But fashion wars (now) is probably the last thing we should worry about.

> I would love it if A-net would address the rewards for WvW and other QoL changes before we get into the realm of remodeling the WvW armor.

Yeah, you are right, we dont need and shouldnt have PvE armor skins...but we need and should have our own game modes exclusive armor skins...trying to compare Envoy legendary with Triumphant or Glorious(lol this one is the worst...) is trying to compare a Ferrari with some popular car...main reason why Anet said they wouldnt give WvW/sPvP legendary the skin it was cause it was linked to the title...but Anet showed with the PoF Elite spec weapons that they can make 2 versions of the same skin(Crafted Sunspear weapon dosent count for collection, must get the unique version).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

> >

> > A someone who has grinded a set of WvW Legendary Armor I can honestly say when I was grinding.

> > The look of the armor mattered very very little to me.

> > I now own a full set, happy with it because it does what I needed it to do.

> >

> > **We don't need and shouldn't have PvE armor skins.** That is a reward for people who have dedicated some form of time and grind to the game mode they enjoy.

> > So I will never support having legendary armor skins from PvE ported over to WvW.

> >

> > What I would like to see, is the wvw armor reworked to reflect AND match the new obsidian weapons we have been given.

> > That would make more sense, and would be a much better use of the very few resources we have towards cosmetics.

> > But fashion wars (now) is probably the last thing we should worry about.

> > I would love it if A-net would address the rewards for WvW and other QoL changes before we get into the realm of remodeling the WvW armor.

>

> Yeah, you are right, we dont need and shouldnt have PvE armor skins...but we need and should have our own game modes exclusive armor skins...trying to compare Envoy legendary with Triumphant or Glorious(lol this one is the worst...) is trying to compare a Ferrari with some popular car...main reason why Anet said they wouldnt give WvW/sPvP legendary the skin it was cause it was linked to the title...but Anet showed with the PoF Elite spec weapons that they can make 2 versions of the same skin**(Crafted Sunspear weapon dosent count for collection, must get the unique version)**.

that might be because the collection asks for a named weapon, not a sunspear weapon

but hey could be wrong with that (i'm not)

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > I finished my first raid set legendary armor few month ago by playing this boring pve content. Dont get me wrong, maybe for U it isnt boring as hell but for a pvp/wvw player it is waste time, but we would like to have the shiny skins too. Just realese the legendary raid skin for the pvp/wvw legendary armor. We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

> > >

> > > A someone who has grinded a set of WvW Legendary Armor I can honestly say when I was grinding.

> > > The look of the armor mattered very very little to me.

> > > I now own a full set, happy with it because it does what I needed it to do.

> > >

> > > **We don't need and shouldn't have PvE armor skins.** That is a reward for people who have dedicated some form of time and grind to the game mode they enjoy.

> > > So I will never support having legendary armor skins from PvE ported over to WvW.

> > >

> > > What I would like to see, is the wvw armor reworked to reflect AND match the new obsidian weapons we have been given.

> > > That would make more sense, and would be a much better use of the very few resources we have towards cosmetics.

> > > But fashion wars (now) is probably the last thing we should worry about.

> > > I would love it if A-net would address the rewards for WvW and other QoL changes before we get into the realm of remodeling the WvW armor.

> >

> > Yeah, you are right, we dont need and shouldnt have PvE armor skins...but we need and should have our own game modes exclusive armor skins...trying to compare Envoy legendary with Triumphant or Glorious(lol this one is the worst...) is trying to compare a Ferrari with some popular car...main reason why Anet said they wouldnt give WvW/sPvP legendary the skin it was cause it was linked to the title...but Anet showed with the PoF Elite spec weapons that they can make 2 versions of the same skin**(Crafted Sunspear weapon dosent count for collection, must get the unique version)**.

>

> that might be because the collection asks for a named weapon, not a sunspear weapon

> but hey could be wrong with that (i'm not)

>

yes, but the point is that both the sunspear weapon and the named sunspear weapon share the same skin, but hey could be wrong with that(i'm not)

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > > @"Jwake.7013" said:

> > > > > Honestly, sure would love some good looking skins for wvw/spvp legendary armor, but on how long they said it took them for the raid ones I don't want them to waste their time unless they figured out a way to speed up the process.

> > > >

> > > > Just give us the raid skins, thx.

> > > >

> > >

> > > who is this US you keep talking about.

> > >

> > > the wvw community just wanted stat change on the wvw armor , wich they got in the form of legendary armor and they where content with this.

> > >

> > > PVP doesn't even use armor.

> >

> > We want the skin, not only the stat Change. Also PVP Bois likes to look pretty... just look at the AT reward it is all about the skin.

>

> It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

Like no lol.. it was great.. I love pvp, i love pve.. im ok from time to time in wvw/loving it from time to time... But i struggle to do pve raids.. either time, profession, experience etc... and wvw needs a ton of investment.. i dont have that time.. I do have time for pvp seasons and personally im moooore than happy to not get the shiny skins.

> @"HardRider.2980" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > > > @"Jwake.7013" said:

> > > > > > Honestly, sure would love some good looking skins for wvw/spvp legendary armor, but on how long they said it took them for the raid ones I don't want them to waste their time unless they figured out a way to speed up the process.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just give us the raid skins, thx.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > who is this US you keep talking about.

> > > >

> > > > the wvw community just wanted stat change on the wvw armor , wich they got in the form of legendary armor and they where content with this.

> > > >

> > > > PVP doesn't even use armor.

> > >

> > > We want the skin, not only the stat Change. Also PVP Bois likes to look pretty... just look at the AT reward it is all about the skin.

> >

> > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

>

> Like no lol.. it was great.. I love pvp, i love pve.. im ok from time to time in wvw/loving it from time to time... But i struggle to do pve raids.. either time, profession, experience etc... and wvw needs a ton of investment.. i dont have that time.. I do have time for pvp seasons and personally im moooore than happy to not get the shiny skins.

Just ignrore that gut...

" Hands the plebs a Finger...." sais the npc pve hero

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> My point was that if you are going to compare fighting another player with fighting a scripted raid boss you might want to keep in mind that you can progress toward your wvw rewards by killing veteran guards, standing in colored circles, and visiting an npc in your guild hall to purchase a token. All of which are easier than actually fighting a raid boss.

While this is Semi-True,keep in mind you don't get to chose what anyone else does in WvW, and if they chose to stop you from doing those things, you are forced to to fight.. dying my happen regardless.

Unlike a Raid Boss, where the fight is always on your terms.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

> No, the mistake was treating legendary armor differently from legendary weapons to begin with.

No the mistake was to make legendary weapons just a resource grind anyone can do with closed eyes

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

> > No, the mistake was treating legendary armor differently from legendary weapons to begin with.

> No the mistake was to make legendary weapons just a resource grind anyone can do with closed eyes

No. The mistake was the introduction of legendary armor in the game. GW2 was about casual play, stuff available for everyone with equal chances, instead ANET decided to inflate the egos of some elitist wannabes.

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

> > No, the mistake was treating legendary armor differently from legendary weapons to begin with.

> No the mistake was to make legendary weapons just a resource grind anyone can do with closed eyes

Legendaries have always been a resource grind. The challenging content becomes less and less challenging and just another grind the longer people do it. A few goes to get the boss's "dance" down and then it's on farm. And once it's on farm it's on farm. The "challenge" at that stage is to get other people to keep running it again and again once they have their own armour.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

> > > No, the mistake was treating legendary armor differently from legendary weapons to begin with.

> > No the mistake was to make legendary weapons just a resource grind anyone can do with closed eyes

>

> Legendaries have always been a resource grind. The challenging content becomes less and less challenging and just another grind the longer people do it. A few goes to get the boss's "dance" down and then it's on farm. And once it's on farm it's on farm. The "challenge" at that stage is to get other people to keep running it again and again once they have their own armour.

Yes they have been a resource grind except raid legendary armor which is at least somewhat skill gated. Does not mean that it was a good choice for it to be this way.

The main reason why old content becomes less challenging is power creep by new elite specs and bad balance patches. Sometimes "bug fixes" like they totally ruined Samarog CM

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

> > > > No, the mistake was treating legendary armor differently from legendary weapons to begin with.

> > > No the mistake was to make legendary weapons just a resource grind anyone can do with closed eyes

> >

> > Legendaries have always been a resource grind. The challenging content becomes less and less challenging and just another grind the longer people do it. A few goes to get the boss's "dance" down and then it's on farm. And once it's on farm it's on farm. The "challenge" at that stage is to get other people to keep running it again and again once they have their own armour.

> Yes they have been a resource grind except raid legendary armor which is at least somewhat skill gated. Does not mean that it was a good choice for it to be this way.

>

> The main reason why old content becomes less challenging is power creep by new elite specs and bad balance patches. Sometimes "bug fixes" like they totally ruined Samarog CM

Not really, the main reason they become less challenging is simply because you're repeating the same content again and again.

There is a repeatable pattern here: at the start of any raid people have to concentrate hard on the mechanics, the voice chat is so serious and you wipe and then discuss what went wrong and you try again and wipe and try again and wipe and then something clicks and you down the boss! It's great! Maybe the next night has a shaky start but you do it again! Great, you've beaten the challenging content!

After another success or two it's not so tough, it becomes second nature, no one has to call out the phases anymore, people start to chat and joke, the boss is on farm! Spots open up so more people in the guild can get a chance and those don't even have to work that hard at it because the rest of the group knows what to do and can carry them.

Basically, no static content like a raid remains really challenging for all that long.

Surely, the WvW armor skin is not that great, although the rank 2000 chest piece has this really cool back effect. The PvE raid armor skin is decent, but not great either. There are skin options that are better and easier to mix and match, so if you're WvW player, why go through the trouble of pve raids while WvW legendary armor is really easy to make, although the process is 6 months for WvW armor only.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > It was a mistake to add legendary armor to pvp and wvw. Hand the plebs a finger and they will demand two hands

> > > No, the mistake was treating legendary armor differently from legendary weapons to begin with.

> > No the mistake was to make legendary weapons just a resource grind anyone can do with closed eyes

>

> No. The mistake was the introduction of legendary armor in the game. GW2 was about casual play, stuff available for everyone with equal chances, instead ANET decided to inflate the egos of some elitist wannabes.

I still lament that players no longer need WvW map completion, and that they can get Badges of Honor and Gifts of Battle, out side killing other players in WvW.

> @"Retsuko.2035" said:

> Surely, the WvW armor skin is not that great, although the rank 2000 chest piece has this really cool back effect. The PvE raid armor skin is decent, but not great either. There are skin options that are better and easier to mix and match, so if you're WvW player, why go through the trouble of pve raids while WvW legendary armor is really easy to make, although the process is 6 months for WvW armor only.

That would be, because it is WvW Ascended Armor, not Legendary. They really out to add some "update" to the WvW to make is a bit more **legendary** like add flames or something.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Retsuko.2035" said:

> > Surely, the WvW armor skin is not that great, although the rank 2000 chest piece has this really cool back effect. The PvE raid armor skin is decent, but not great either. There are skin options that are better and easier to mix and match, so if you're WvW player, why go through the trouble of pve raids while WvW legendary armor is really easy to make, although the process is 6 months for WvW armor only.

>

> That would be, because it is WvW Ascended Armor, not Legendary. They really out to add some "update" to the WvW to make is a bit more **legendary** like add flames or something.

I can agree with that. They should have given the 1500-2000 required rank armor skin a "legendary" design. Getting to rank 2000 takes a lot of time and commitment that can't be bought.

> @"Nilson.9865" said:

> > We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

> We? Who? Then you will not be good dressed.

> For the last 5 years i reached 12 rank in WvW. And i'm not tormenting myself in WvW for a pretty chest armor piece. If you want something that you don't have, then you will have to do something that you did not do before.

> And you know what sucks? Gift of battle sucks, ask anybody. Everybody has to join this running simulator, spend there ~6h just to get that gift for a legendary weapon. Now it's your turn to join our realm to claim legendary.

>

Ok you said ask anybody. Ask me! I don't think it sucks. I enjoy getting my gifts because I enjoy wvw. And I spend most of my time in pve so you can't even say it's cause I'm a wvw scrub. I think the gift of battle change was a great change. WVWers HAVE to do world exploration to get a legendary but plenty of PVErs were just waltzing into WVW with ach pt badges and getting their legendary which isn't how anet intended it. Change it so you can get gift of explorations on reward tracks or pieces of them and then we'll talk about giving you your precious vendor back.

> @"Fremtid.3528" said:

> > @"Nilson.9865" said:

> > > We do not want to play the pve content to be good dressed...

> > We? Who? Then you will not be good dressed.

> > For the last 5 years i reached 12 rank in WvW. And i'm not tormenting myself in WvW for a pretty chest armor piece. If you want something that you don't have, then you will have to do something that you did not do before.

> > And you know what sucks? Gift of battle sucks, ask anybody. Everybody has to join this running simulator, spend there ~6h just to get that gift for a legendary weapon. Now it's your turn to join our realm to claim legendary.

> >

>

> Ok you said ask anybody. Ask me! I don't think it sucks. I enjoy getting my gifts because I enjoy wvw. And I spend most of my time in pve so you can't even say it's cause I'm a wvw scrub. I think the gift of battle change was a great change. WVWers HAVE to do world exploration to get a legendary but plenty of PVErs were just waltzing into WVW with ach pt badges and getting their legendary which isn't how anet intended it. Change it so you can get gift of explorations on reward tracks or pieces of them and then we'll talk about giving you your precious vendor back.

First approach from GW was "play what you want to reach your goal" ... hm nope not possible ... Just put everything Into reward Tracks. PvP/ wvw / and define one for pve

> @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> First approach from GW was "play what you want to reach your goal" ... hm nope not possible ... Just put everything Into reward Tracks. PvP/ wvw / and define one for pve

I think you are deliberately being stubborn regarding this issue because you can't have it all your way. If there is a 'legendary skin' I want to acquire, I will strive to acquire it, by doing content that it is locked behind. If it is not 'worth' it to me, will find something comparable or an alternative means. Asking for everything on your own terms makes for a shallow pool in which to play in. I may not like PVP, but I did my time and effort and got the Ascension. I earned Warbringer, and my first was Ad Infinitum. Did I complain that I had to participate in each game mode. Probably, but it was required and that is sufficient.

So if you don't want to earn your pretties, that's all on you.

> @"Lauren Tablet.9615" said:

>

> > First approach from GW was "play what you want to reach your goal" ... hm nope not possible ... Just put everything Into reward Tracks. PvP/ wvw / and define one for pve

>

> I think you are deliberately being stubborn regarding this issue because you can't have it all your way. If there is a 'legendary skin' I want to acquire, I will strive to acquire it, by doing content that it is locked behind. If it is not 'worth' it to me, will find something comparable or an alternative means. Asking for everything on your own terms makes for a shallow pool in which to play in. I may not like PVP, but I did my time and effort and got the Ascension. I earned Warbringer, and my first was Ad Infinitum. Did I complain that I had to participate in each game mode. Probably, but it was required and that is sufficient.

>

> So if you don't want to earn your pretties, that's all on you.

I loved everything you said and wholeheartedly agree.