• ArenaNet Staff

Welcome to our new official forums! We're glad you're here, and hope you enjoy all the improvements these forums offer you.

Please post your input about the forums here. If you encounter a forum bug, please share the details in this thread. If you find a graphical or visual bug, please host a screenshot on a photo-sharing site and provide a link. This thread is intended to discuss forum features and functionality.

We will be gathering your input and will address issues as soon as we are able to do so.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will forums for Living World, HoT, etc. be created?

Also, as much as I am loving the new look of the forums, I think that the overall forum view has too many spaces between forums, if that makes sense. I don't want to feel like I need to scroll a lot. Other than that, great work! I love we can have avatars, now, so we can tell each other apart! Will we eventually be able to choose our own images (as long as they follow basic rules of decency, of course)?

(copy&paste from another thread, as this is the better place for it)

The new forum is nice, but posts are hard to read (especially those short), because it is a mess of text with member name, posts, thumb ups and toolbar below each post. It will be helpful to have each post in a "box" and/or reduce the size of thumb ups and toolbar below or another way of distinction. :)

Otherwise, good work!

Edit: Just a quick mock-up how it may work: https://i.imgur.com/nXRGTjy.jpg

I would very much like a dark/night theme. The stark white background keeps me from posting much of the time.

More avatars would also be nice. The ones we have are awesome and I wouldn't want pages and pages of them, but options like Skritt, quaggan, largos, the racial symbols, catmander/commander tag would be good additions.

I'm not a fan of how spaced out everything feels, but I'll get used to that. Mostly I want a dark theme. Thanks for the forum update!

> @FrouFrou.4958 said:

> While trying to edit my signature it says I don't have permission to change it, is it disabled from us mere plebs or is it something that gets unlocked later on?

You get to unlock it when you become a "Veteran." Which is obtained through getting positive feedback from posts (thumbs up, helpful).

I have a question: I checked the "How do I...?" section and I didn't see anything about Private Messages. How do we send those?

Thanks, Gaile. :)