• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > if you go to forum settings you can change it so you can see what you read also too you can see what new post to a topic have been made by setting your forums profile settings properly .

>

> I investigated my settings when I started using the new forums and all I found were Notifications. I'm not talking about Notifications, but being able to tell **_as I look at a forum_** what I've read and what I've commented on. If there is a way to do that other than bookmark please share

You can tell what you've read (but not which you've commented on)

Post with the word new under: you have not read

Post with X# new. You've read and it has X# more posts since you've read it.

Nothing under the title: you've read it and it has no new posts.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the name label is really unbalanced. It distracts from the actual message being said. Like the most important thing on the page is the person's name, not what they're saying.

I tweaked a few settings. I brought the name down to 20px. The rank down to 14px. I added a background color of #FCFCFC to the comment piece, and I set max width to 80% of the page for screen size over 1024 (100% makes sense at smaller res)

Example: https://imgur.com/a/VtHsJ

I feel like having the background on posts helps break up the page enough that posts don't seem to run together anymore. The reduced size in the title bar results in making it easier to focus on the actual posts without making it hard to see who posted. The max width keeps the text in line with the standard reading width, though it could probably be better.

It adds a lot of white space on either side, but that's not necessarily a terrible thing.

Edit: I also noticed if something gets auto-saved as a draft, I don't see a way to delete that. So any time I visit this thread even after posting, that draft loads in the comment box.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> I miss my signature line.

+1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > if you go to forum settings you can change it so you can see what you read also too you can see what new post to a topic have been made by setting your forums profile settings properly .

> >

> > I investigated my settings when I started using the new forums and all I found were Notifications. I'm not talking about Notifications, but being able to tell **_as I look at a forum_** what I've read and what I've commented on. If there is a way to do that other than bookmark please share

>

> You can tell what you've read (but not which you've commented on)

>

> Post with the word new under: you have not read

> Post with X# new. You've read and it has X# more posts since you've read it.

> Nothing under the title: you've read it and it has no new posts.

I'm not sure that the word 'New' means you haven't read the post, always. I think if there is only 1 new post in a thread you've already read, it just gives the 'New' indicator, just like with threads you have yet to open. I may be mistaken about this, though, as I just noticed some threads _do_ indicate 1 new post. Perhaps, my memory is just fading with advanced age. :confused: Ok, just went through some more threads, and there is definitely just a 'New' indicator on some threads I have read before, so..as with many things here on this new forum, there is inconsistency. :tired_face:

And, where is the function to preview an edit? Sigh.

I'd really rather have the greyed-out feature, or something similar like we had before.

Also, I don't think anyone has earned signatures yet. It certainly isn't in the Preference settings before Veteran, or whatever comes after Member.

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > I miss my signature line.

> >

> > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> >

> > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> >

> >

>

> you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

It still says I don't have permission to create a signature...

> @Sondergaard.8469 said:

> Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the name label is really unbalanced. It distracts from the actual message being said. Like the most important thing on the page is the person's name, not what they're saying.

>

> I tweaked a few settings. I brought the name down to 20px. The rank down to 14px. I added a background color of #FCFCFC to the comment piece, and I set max width to 80% of the page for screen size over 1024 (100% makes sense at smaller res)

> Example: https://imgur.com/a/VtHsJ

>

> I feel like having the background on posts helps break up the page enough that posts don't seem to run together anymore. The reduced size in the title bar results in making it easier to focus on the actual posts without making it hard to see who posted. The max width keeps the text in line with the standard reading width, though it could probably be better.

>

> It adds a lot of white space on either side, but that's not necessarily a terrible thing.

>

> Edit: I also noticed if something gets auto-saved as a draft, I don't see a way to delete that. So any time I visit this thread even after posting, that draft loads in the comment box.

You can remove drafts by accessing the Gear at the top of the page, and clicking the X on the draft you wish to remove.

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > if you go to forum settings you can change it so you can see what you read also too you can see what new post to a topic have been made by setting your forums profile settings properly .

> > >

> > > I investigated my settings when I started using the new forums and all I found were Notifications. I'm not talking about Notifications, but being able to tell **_as I look at a forum_** what I've read and what I've commented on. If there is a way to do that other than bookmark please share

> >

> > You can tell what you've read (but not which you've commented on)

> >

> > Post with the word new under: you have not read

> > Post with X# new. You've read and it has X# more posts since you've read it.

> > Nothing under the title: you've read it and it has no new posts.

>

> I'm not sure that the word 'New' means you haven't read the post, always. I think if there is only 1 new post in a thread you've already read, it just gives the 'New' indicator, just like with threads you have yet to open. I may be mistaken about this, though, as I just noticed some threads _do_ indicate 1 new post. Perhaps, my memory is just fading with advanced age. :confused: Ok, just went through some more threads, and there is definitely just a 'New' indicator on some threads I have read before, so..as with many things here on this new forum, there is inconsistency. :tired_face:

>

> And, where is the function to preview an edit? Sigh.

>

> I'd really rather have the greyed-out feature, or something similar like we had before.

>

> Also, I don't think anyone has earned signatures yet. It certainly isn't in the Preference settings before Veteran, or whatever comes after Member.

Yah. The new forum has some definite lacks. Including the ability to remove a draft when you've decided not to post.

Looking over the forum, the new is somewhat... variable.. in its meaning.

> > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > I miss my signature line.

> >

> > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> >

> > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> >

> >

>

> you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

No. The settings don't have the things you've been saying it does.

Preferences has

_Notify me when I earn a badge.

Notify me when people comment on my discussions.

Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

Notify me when people mention me.

Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

Notify me of private messages._

Quotes has

_How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?_

Signature has

_You don't have permission to use a signature._

None of those lets you tell at a glance which threads you've posted on and signatures are not yet allowed.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> You can remove a draft; you just have to use the Gear at the top. It's not very user-friendly, really.

The draft (not yet posted) has a gear? It's not on my iPad. All my draft has at top right is an option to make the quote box bigger and if you click on that it adds a day/night option.

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > You can remove a draft; you just have to use the Gear at the top. It's not very user-friendly, really.

>

> The draft (not yet posted) has a gear? It's not on my iPad. All my draft has at top right is an option to make the quote box bigger and if you click on that it adds a day/night option.

Nvm. Wish this forum iteration had a way to delete a post.

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > You can remove a draft; you just have to use the Gear at the top. It's not very user-friendly, really.

>

> The draft (not yet posted) has a gear? It's not on my iPad. All my draft has at top right is an option to make the quote box bigger and if you click on that it adds a day/night option.

The drafts are saved on their own page apart from any thread you started to make a comment in.

You need to click the gear icon at the top of the page (Account Options drop-down) and then click the "My Drafts" link to be taken to your draft list page.

You then need to manually click the X in the top right corner of each draft you no longer want to delete them.

Direct link to drafts page is: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/drafts

> @StinVec.3621 said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > You can remove a draft; you just have to use the Gear at the top. It's not very user-friendly, really.

> >

> > The draft (not yet posted) has a gear? It's not on my iPad. All my draft has at top right is an option to make the quote box bigger and if you click on that it adds a day/night option.

>

> The drafts are saved on their own page apart from any thread you started to make a comment in.

> You need to click the gear icon at the top of the page (Account Options drop-down) and then click the "My Drafts" link to be taken to your draft list page.

> You then need to manually click the X in the top right corner of each draft you no longer want to delete them.

>

> Direct link to drafts page is: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/drafts

Thank you. Found it and deleted a bunch of drafts.

But what a cumbersome, round about way to do things. :/

Just throwing this in here because I feel it needs to be continually addressed:

Why is Reddit more official than the official forums?

It is something I have always wondered about, never can seem to get a straight answer on why Arenanet loves Reddit more than their own forums. It's the equivalent of the CEO of a car company never driving the car his company manufactures and driving the competitors instead. Not only is it bad taste, it shows a lack of respect and loyalty to the company, is there some kind of internal secret reason why Reddit is more official that we just aren't going to be filled in on? If so that's okay by me, I'm just legitimately curious how it makes business sense. From the customer point of view, I'm not entirely sure where I'm supposed to get my updates still to this day, because the place you think you should be getting them, isn't the right place, i.e. the Guild Wars 2 forums SHOULD be the right place, instead it is actually Reddit.

There are actually less updates on the development of the game on the forums than there are on Reddit and that really saddens me. Does Reddit have a better forum system than Arenanet? Is there something wrong with the forum system used here? Maybe Reddit has more resources, though I'd find that difficult to believe. Maybe the development teams at Arenanet hate their own forums so much that they refuse to use them. I have no idea what the reason could be, but I know that from the outside looking in, it just isn't proper. If you were playing World of Warcraft for example, no one in their right mind would think "Hey, I need to get my updates and information for this game from Yahoo Finance." No one in their right mind does that kind of stuff, so why do we do it here?

Maybe they get a lot of funding from Reddit, the players who spend the most money on the game reside on Reddit, or Anet really just doesn't care about their own forums. There can only be so many reasons for their utter hate of their own forums. I do mean hate too, it's an insane ratio of Reddit posts by developers versus official forum posts.

Thumbs down aren't usefull, they discourage new members.. Also they are so mot more stupid reasons to put a thumbs down than putting a thumbs up! If someone like the message he can put a thumb up or a "like" instead or an helpful. If he don't like it, just post another comment or pass to another thing. Instead of thumb down why not an promote option? If topic recolt over I don't know, 25 promote, he became pinned and seeable to everyone on the home page of the forums.

> > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > I miss my signature line.

> > > >

> > > > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> > > >

> > > > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> > > and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

> >

> > No. The settings don't have the things you've been saying it does.

> >

> > Preferences has

> > _Notify me when I earn a badge.

> > Notify me when people comment on my discussions.

> > Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

> > Notify me when people mention me.

> > Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

> > Notify me of private messages._

> >

> > Quotes has

> > _How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?_

> >

> > Signature has

> > _You don't have permission to use a signature._

> >

> > None of those lets you tell at a glance which threads you've posted on and signatures are not yet allowed.

>

> I had no problem at all with them myself been more than able to find new posts on post topics I posted on fully . and with out any problem what so ever. as I said in another post I do not have need of signature._ or quotes in my profile . so I am not sure if they do or do not work . I just know they are their for others to use . other wise that is just something I am not even interested in at all . just know its their and that's all lol

>

Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in.

As for signatures, whether or not you are interested in them is irrelevant. People are saying that signatures are not available and you're pointing to preferences to say they are, which is incorrect. Signatures are currently not available. If you don't know if something works or not, may I suggest you find out first before posting and saying it does.