> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > > > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > > > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > > > I miss my signature line.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> > > > > and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

> > > >

> > > > No. The settings don't have the things you've been saying it does.

> > > >

> > > > Preferences has

> > > > _Notify me when I earn a badge.

> > > > Notify me when people comment on my discussions.

> > > > Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

> > > > Notify me when people mention me.

> > > > Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

> > > > Notify me of private messages._

> > > >

> > > > Quotes has

> > > > _How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?_

> > > >

> > > > Signature has

> > > > _You don't have permission to use a signature._

> > > >

> > > > None of those lets you tell at a glance which threads you've posted on and signatures are not yet allowed.

> > >

> > > I had no problem at all with them myself been more than able to find new posts on post topics I posted on fully . and with out any problem what so ever. as I said in another post I do not have need of signature._ or quotes in my profile . so I am not sure if they do or do not work . I just know they are their for others to use . other wise that is just something I am not even interested in at all . just know its their and that's all lol

> > >

> >

> > Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in.

> >

> > As for signatures, whether or not you are interested in them is irrelevant. People are saying that signatures are not available and you're pointing to preferences to say they are, which is incorrect. Signatures are currently not available. If you don't know if something works or not, may I suggest you find out first before posting and saying it does.

>

> look at the top of your screen showing forum profile links and so forth . and that is where you will find your answer to the question of how I ( Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in. ) you see a thing saying notifications is where I find all mine with out a problem . as far as the other things on Signatures and so forth not my problem at all . I just said you can use them here even tho I see no use for them at all .

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > > > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > > > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > > > I miss my signature line.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> > > > > and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

> > > >

> > > > No. The settings don't have the things you've been saying it does.

> > > >

> > > > Preferences has

> > > > _Notify me when I earn a badge.

> > > > Notify me when people comment on my discussions.

> > > > Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

> > > > Notify me when people mention me.

> > > > Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

> > > > Notify me of private messages._

> > > >

> > > > Quotes has

> > > > _How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?_

> > > >

> > > > Signature has

> > > > _You don't have permission to use a signature._

> > > >

> > > > None of those lets you tell at a glance which threads you've posted on and signatures are not yet allowed.

> > >

> > > I had no problem at all with them myself been more than able to find new posts on post topics I posted on fully . and with out any problem what so ever. as I said in another post I do not have need of signature._ or quotes in my profile . so I am not sure if they do or do not work . I just know they are their for others to use . other wise that is just something I am not even interested in at all . just know its their and that's all lol

> > >

> >

> > Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in.

> >

> > As for signatures, whether or not you are interested in them is irrelevant. People are saying that signatures are not available and you're pointing to preferences to say they are, which is incorrect. Signatures are currently not available. If you don't know if something works or not, may I suggest you find out first before posting and saying it does.

>

> look at the top of your screen showing forum profile links and so forth . and that is where you will find your answer to the question of how I ( Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in. ) you see a thing saying notifications is where I find all mine with out a problem . as far as the other things on

In other words, what you're saying you can't look on the forum page itself and see at a glance which you've posted in. You got to go somewhere else and look.

That's not what people are asking for. They want a way to see on the forum itself and no preferences do what people are asking for.

>Signatures and so forth not my problem at all . I just said you can use them here even tho I see no use for them at all .

Again, it's irrelevant whether you have a use for them or not or whether they are your problem or not. People are asking about them and your information about whether we can use them is incorrect. They are currently not available and currently can not be used here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > > > > > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > > > > > I miss my signature line.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> > > > > > > and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No. The settings don't have the things you've been saying it does.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Preferences has

> > > > > > _Notify me when I earn a badge.

> > > > > > Notify me when people comment on my discussions.

> > > > > > Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

> > > > > > Notify me when people mention me.

> > > > > > Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

> > > > > > Notify me of private messages._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Quotes has

> > > > > > _How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?_

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Signature has

> > > > > > _You don't have permission to use a signature._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > None of those lets you tell at a glance which threads you've posted on and signatures are not yet allowed.

> > > > >

> > > > > I had no problem at all with them myself been more than able to find new posts on post topics I posted on fully . and with out any problem what so ever. as I said in another post I do not have need of signature._ or quotes in my profile . so I am not sure if they do or do not work . I just know they are their for others to use . other wise that is just something I am not even interested in at all . just know its their and that's all lol

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in.

> > > >

> > > > As for signatures, whether or not you are interested in them is irrelevant. People are saying that signatures are not available and you're pointing to preferences to say they are, which is incorrect. Signatures are currently not available. If you don't know if something works or not, may I suggest you find out first before posting and saying it does.

> > >

> > > look at the top of your screen showing forum profile links and so forth . and that is where you will find your answer to the question of how I ( Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in. ) you see a thing saying notifications is where I find all mine with out a problem . as far as the other things on Signatures and so forth not my problem at all . I just said you can use them here even tho I see no use for them at all .

> >

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> > > > > > > > @Flatley.1620 said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > > > > > I miss my signature line.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > +1 Pretty please can we have it back? With sugar and sprinkles on top. After having consumed a monster pocket burger (like the ones the BBQPit Boys made a while ago - they taste guud and they're real easy to do)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I also miss being given a box to type when using quotes; I can still quote but it makes me scroll to the page bottom. Or, at least, it does when I'm using the mobile site.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you can do all that stuff here now . it is found in the settings of your forum profile and you can have both signature line.

> > > > > > > and quotes even tho I do not see any use or need for them myself they are useable here now

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No. The settings don't have the things you've been saying it does.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Preferences has

> > > > > > _Notify me when I earn a badge.

> > > > > > Notify me when people comment on my discussions.

> > > > > > Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

> > > > > > Notify me when people mention me.

> > > > > > Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

> > > > > > Notify me of private messages._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Quotes has

> > > > > > _How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?_

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Signature has

> > > > > > _You don't have permission to use a signature._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > None of those lets you tell at a glance which threads you've posted on and signatures are not yet allowed.

> > > > >

> > > > > I had no problem at all with them myself been more than able to find new posts on post topics I posted on fully . and with out any problem what so ever. as I said in another post I do not have need of signature._ or quotes in my profile . so I am not sure if they do or do not work . I just know they are their for others to use . other wise that is just something I am not even interested in at all . just know its their and that's all lol

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in.

> > > >

> > > > As for signatures, whether or not you are interested in them is irrelevant. People are saying that signatures are not available and you're pointing to preferences to say they are, which is incorrect. Signatures are currently not available. If you don't know if something works or not, may I suggest you find out first before posting and saying it does.

> > >

> > > look at the top of your screen showing forum profile links and so forth . and that is where you will find your answer to the question of how I ( Tell us how you can tell at a glance threads you've posted in using preferences (and no bookmarks). We don't see this and we'd like to know how you're doing it. Please specify the exact preference that shows threads posted in. ) you see a thing saying notifications is where I find all mine with out a problem . as far as the other things on

> >

> > In other words, what you're saying you can't look on the forum page itself and see at a glance which you've posted in. You got to go somewhere else and look.

> >

> > That's not what people are asking for. They want a way to see on the forum itself and no preferences do what people are asking for.

> >

> > >Signatures and so forth not my problem at all . I just said you can use them here even tho I see no use for them at all .

> >

> > Again, it's irrelevant whether you have a use for them or not or whether they are your problem or not. People are asking about them and your information about whether we can use them is incorrect. They are currently not available and currently can not be used here.

>

> yes If I want to waste my time I can look at the forums and see new posts on topics I posted to and all that not the problem for me their. sigh so ok then lets put it like this yes the forum has them things but nope they do not work at all . I guess or so I am told . sigh but yes the forum has them

So you're saying that the on old forum where you could tell at a glance on the forum page (instead of leaving and going to another site to tell), that was a waste of time? Well, congrats. You no longer will waste time by looking on the forum page to see which threads you've posted in. Instead you can leave that page and go somewhere else, which takes more time for me but I'm glad it's faster and not a waste of time for you.

And yes, signatures do not work. If you had wanted to check before saying they did you could have gone to signature settings on the preferences page, clicked on that and seen the denial.

> @Nimrod.9240 said:

> Some things I noticed or miss:

> * If you scroll to the right (arrow key on the keybord or middle mouse button), is it just me, or is there lots of empty space for no apparent reason?

Yes, i've noticed this aswell. It's strange.

edit: I have no idea if it's browser related, but i'm on Firefox.

• ArenaNet Staff

During a one-week review, we noticed a consistent piece of advice -- backed by very sound reasoning -- that we have acted on today:

* We have removed the "Thumbs Down" option in our Reaction System

Please feel free to use the "Thumbs Up" and "Helpful" reactions, as you desire. And of course, you are welcome to share your feedback and opinions in constructive forum posts, as well.

Thanks for your feedback on this subject. I'm continuing to collect feedback on a multitude of subjects and will be sharing it with the larger team later this week and into the future, as other thoughts are shared on this subject.

• ArenaNet Staff

We will be leaving the remaining reactions in place. They are intended to allow players to express their thoughts on other posts without feeling that they must expound on them. It also allows them to enhance their comments with a suitable reaction.

For example:

* Read a post and find it useful? You can flag it as "Helpful" and you're good, **_or_** post in response, as you desire. Or both! The reaction system gives you more flexibility.

* Like the effort that someone put into their post, but don't really have an opinion about the content? (For example, maybe it's a very detailed essay on a profession about which you're not proficient.) You can click "Thumbs up" to show your support for their effort.

* Notice a link to a great piece of art, but don't have anything new to say on the subject? Click "Thumbs up" to recognize the artist without posting a "+1 post."

The "Thumbs Down" reaction wasn't of value. The "Thumbs Up" and "Helpful" will remain in place for those who choose to use them. If you do not care to engage in the Reaction System, please feel free to completely ignore it and go about your normal forum business. =)

Would it be possible to add an 'Insightful' reaction? I believe it's one of the standard ones offered by Vanilla forums but I'm not completely sure.

I've frequently come across posts which I find interesting and informative but where the existing reactions don't quite fit. It's not something I could agree or disagree with so thumbs up doesn't seem right, and it's not exactly helpful so much as...well, insightful.

For example when some Anet staff talked about ways playing with their kids has influenced things they added to the game, or when players explain the rationale behind some people saying you need ascended armour when others day exotic is fine.

• ArenaNet Staff

I actually thought about going with "Insightful" in the early days. But some argued that "Insightful" and "Helpful" would have a lot of cross-over, and a "Thumbs Up" can capture the same emotion, which leaves us with a clearer system. Frankly, I think "Helpful" is the best of all, and believe that having something one posts appraised in that way is a very positive thing.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> We will be leaving the remaining reactions in place. They are intended to allow players to express their thoughts on other posts without feeling that they must expound on them.

Unless you disagree.

>* Read a post and find it useful? You can flag it as "Helpful" and you're good, **_or_** post in response, as you desire. Or both! The reaction system gives you more flexibility."

It does not give flexibility. It's just pointless. It doesn't mean a post is helpful because it has helpful tag.

Read the post and you will know if it's helpful to you or not.

>* Like the effort that someone put into their post, but don't really have an opinion about the content? (For example, maybe it's a very detailed essay on a profession about which you're not proficient.) You can click "Thumbs up" to show your support for their effort.

What if you disagree but don't want to repeat what have already said? Just write -1 to show my disagreement and move on?

>The "Thumbs Down" reaction wasn't of value.

It was of value because of the thumbs up. Now the thumbs up is of no value because the thumbs down is gone.

Keep both or remove both.

I vote to remove both

• ArenaNet Staff

Everything is subjective. No one can or should make a judgment that's intended to apply, unilaterally, to every single post for each individual.

But when I see a thread had 30 "Helpful" nods, I'm going to pay attention. That tells me that *other forum members* have found it helpful, which in turn tells me that *I may find it helpful, too.* Naturally, obviously, one needs to read a thread to appraise it's helpfulness to them. But "Helpful" overall is... helpful to a forum. Which is why it is in place, and why it'll stay around. :)

There's a reason thumb's up deserves to stay while thumb's down doesn't, and it's very simple:

it's easy to agree with an idea without contributing additional thoughts to it, and doing so is a positive action that helps draw attention to the topic. But, common courtesy should suggest that disagreement should be more thoughtful. If you're unable to come up with reasons why you actually disagree with something, the most proper course of action is to just avoid engaging on the topic. If you come up with reasons, post them in a constructive way.

Additionally, having only a positive reaction helps to avoid the problem of alliance-forming that we see in polarized camps; i.e. American politics, which tends to entrench people in emotional bubbles and undermines rational discussion on the topic.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> We will be leaving the remaining reactions in place. They are intended to allow players to express their thoughts on other posts without feeling that they must expound on them. It also allows them to enhance their comments with a suitable reaction.

> * Like the effort that someone put into their post, but don't really have an opinion about the content? (For example, maybe it's a very detailed essay on a profession about which you're not proficient.) You can click "Thumbs up" to show your support for their effort.

For these reasons, I found the "Thumbs Down" button of *more* value than the other two. It allowed me to express disagreement with a post without having to expound on it, which IS a very valuable function to have. It allows readers to "vote" on a given concept. There is no benefit to having a "pro" vote without an equal opportunity for a "con" vote.