• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, overall I like the new forum! However, I do have questions. Please forgive any already answered questions that I missed.

1. Is there or will there be a new {Suggestions} Quality of Life Changes sticky?

2. If "yes" to the above question, please can there be a way to let us know which of our suggestions are being considered or granted? (I keep checking the Hero: Equipment panel to see if the option to hide the "skirt" of the leggings was added. :/) There are so many good ones!

3. On the old forum, I liked the distinction between stickys (red font) and non stickys (black font). Can we have that in the new forum please?

Thank you.

> @Lanhelin.3480 said:

> I have a question: has the empty space on the right side of the forums a certain purpose? Although there is no horizontal bar clicking the mouse wheel brought me there.

> http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4861/xho7fosa_jpg

That is likely due to the dimensions of the graphic background image on the right (div.Content-art.Content-art--right), which is 1,167 pixels wide by 1,000 pixels high (same for left graphic). The image is there, but the forums scale the wrap that holds the content to the user's display resolution so it fits on-screen. So the full image is there, but the wrap is shrunk to avoid horizontal scroll bars. I prefer to use CSS to hide the images (as I did in my dark theme below), but you could also use uBlock's (ad-block) element hiding feature and select the images to hide that element to prevent the horizontal scroll.

---

> @Irreverent.3594 said:

> Please PLEASE remove that draft saved popup. It's driving me crazy popping up in front of text im writing.

> I dunno this is like 2017 and even google popups stuff at top of window.

> GW is famous with its nonintrusive UI and forums do completely opposite. Sigh

In addition to other changes to alter how the site looks for me, I've used CSS to move the notification popup to the lower left (like in my dark theme below) to get it out of the way of my writing or reading posts.

Instead of using my whole theme if you don't want to, you can manually change just the position of that alert popup using CSS and make this change in the page styling method you use (I use Stylish for Firefox):

/* Move Notification Popup Location */

div.InformMessages, div.InformWrapper

{

top: 91%; /* Moved to bottom of page - lower value moves it up the page */

left: 12%; /* Moved to left of page - higher value moves it to the right on the page */

}

If you do use the theme, I gradually make updates to it and note what I've changed so you can remove whatever I do that you do not want, or make more changes to it on your own for your preference.

---

> @MiniMe.1960 said:

> I would love a dark theme/night mode. I don't like bright forums, kind of hurts my eyes :(

> Also avatars should be free selectable. If everyone has the same it doesn't help alot. And what happend to the Thumbs down? Geez give me a break, this aint hello kitty where criticism is a bad thing.

> edit: A block/ignore option would be nice.

>

You may want to give my dark theme a look (linked below) to see if it would work for you. The first thing I did when they launched these forums was convert my theme over from the old forums and move that notification popup out of the center of the screen. Since then I've made additional changes noted in the changelog of my theme.

The new forum you have provided us is ok. I feel like I am limited with what I can change on my profile. If I want to call myself a different name, I should have that ability. If I want to upload my own image I should have the right to. I feel like I am being smothered by the lack of customization you guys allow. Stop smothering us and allow us to customize our profile for a better experience.

> @MiniMe.1960 said:

> I would love a dark theme/night mode. I don't like bright forums, kind of hurts my eyes :(

> Also avatars should be free selectable. If everyone has the same it doesn't help alot. And what happend to the Thumbs down? Geez give me a break, this aint hello kitty where criticism is a bad thing.

> edit: A block/ignore option would be nice.

>

Actually... https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

5. CONDUCT

(e) In addition to the Rules of Conduct, You acknowledge that there are restrictions on Your ability to select any Account ID, Account Display Name, **ArenaNet Message Board ID**, Character ID and/or Team designation, or provide any communication or information on any Message Board, including but not limited to any ArenaNet IP right and/or any third-party IP right.

So basically we already have gave up upon our right to choose anything here on our own ;)

While looking at the forum list, I noticed something missing from the WvW forum that both the PvP and Fractals/Dungeons forums have.

![](https://i.imgur.com/8lsUT6P.png "")

With megaserver destroying the ability of a WvW guild to recruit from the PvE maps of their own server, having a separate "looking for" section for them on the WvW forum could be an alternative replacement.

Not sure if this has been raised as a problem yet or not, but when I give a Thumbs Up to someone's comment, I can't tell that I've done it! The number changes, sure, but if I'm going back thru comments, I can't tell if I was the one who gave Thumbs Up or someone else. Can we get the Thumbs Up icon to change colours or something? Thanks.

Overall forums are great, but a couple of things I would say need addressing.

-Remove the "draft saved" message when typing a post! It appears far to often, and on a phone / tablet it blocks the text so you can't see what you're typing, and it's a pain to keep having to close it every few mins! This message needs to go!

-Why is it when someone posts a poll the text on the poll options is always in full caps?! Looks horrible and is a complete eyesore! Full caps shouldn't be a thing anywhere on the forums. Even in topic titles!

I used to love coming on to the forums every day just to read. I would look at what was being talked about, answer questions and give help where I could. It was part of my day, something that I did every day before signing in to play. It was a part of my day that I enjoyed, that I looked forward to.

Now I HATE the forums. They are hard to understand, hard to read. The only reason that I came here today was to post this. In short, the new forums are horrible and I want the old format back.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Why are the first posts of threads now with larger font? If it's a bug, hopefully it will soon be addressed. If it's a feature, please take it back.

I was told this was a design decision. It was believed that it gave the first post deserved prominence. I confess that I do not care for it, either. I have asked for a review, but at this point, there are "bigger fish to fry" with design decisions, and I'm focusing on a few more significant issues. We may adjust the discrepancy in first post/subsequent post font size in the future, or it may stay as it is. For while I am ArenaNet's "forum product owner," I don't have an unlimited budget, and I believe such a change may involve a payment. As I'm sure you'll agree is practical and desirable, I want to prioritize issues such that we're getting them addressed over time and so that they are reasonable within the budget.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> Where can I see the forum´s code of conduct ? I probably´ve overseen them.

Happy to help, and thanks for asking: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/

Note: Legal documentation of this sort can be found in that tiny, tiny link at the very bottom of every page of the forums and website.

Interesting, I went into this thread to read new posts and found that the post I had previously typed and abandoned a week or so ago is still there awaiting for me to post. That's kinda useful, especially if I have to come back later due to afk or a power cut. Whether it was because I had quoted another post I'm not sure.

Also, is there a way to delete posts after you post one? Perhaps I am just being blind, but I couldn't see said option.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Interesting, I went into this thread to read new posts and found that the post I had previously typed and abandoned is still there awaiting for me to post. That's kinda useful, especially if I have to come back later due to afk or a power cut. Whether it was because I had quoted another post I'm not sure.

>

> Also, is there a way to delete posts after you post one? Perhaps I am just being blind, but I couldn't see said option.

Unfortunately, there is not. The original way was to report your own post to have it deleted, but you can't report your own posts anymore. :S