Zhaitan is he really dead.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"jthadman.5826" said:

> I dont really think zhaitan was killed at the end of guild wars 2 campaign for a couple reasons. First I believe that zhaitan is a collective or hive mind if u will. I think that zhaitan can rise again from his undead minions to exact his revenge. Think about it in the campaign u fight enemies known as zhaitan's mouth and his eye. When u kill them zhaitan feels pain. Why is this? Then there's the fact that zhaitan receives the knowledge of the enemies he kills. To me this seems like the undead is a single mind so I think for a future expansion we go to another continent where zhaitan has been rebuilding him self since his fall in orr. This would be really cool because it would bring back a really cool villain who's boss battle was underwhelming and give him a chance to show his full wrath maybe we have to get past the sea dragon before we get to the other continent maybe where stranded on the continent because of the sea dragon. Picture this we go out to fight the sea dragon when we are attacked by his minions then the sea dragon comes from the depths and wrecks our ship we get stranded on a strange new world that looks alright at first but as we go further inland we are met with undead resistance. We later find out that zhaitan has been rebuilding himself since our last battle.

Hi, I wish I could comment on this, but I've actually forgotten the main story since getting to level 80 2 years ago. I don't even pay attention to the storymodes I've played in the expansions. For me it goes on and on too long and gets convoluted. I got bored long before then.

> @"Mathias.9657" said:

> Please no **the dragons are the most boring part of GW2** imo, story was much better in GW1. Sooner we can get rid of these ridiculously over powered non verbal enemies we can move on to more interesting stories and enemies. They were so much cooler when they were extinct lol. Well at least we get side stories.. oh and **more risen, DOUBLE NOPE KTHX**. The first time around was annoying enough.

>

> **I can agree the climax for him was terrible but I can live with that.**

Well said. :+1: Funny, when I wrote a thread begging for the boring elder dragons story line to finally come to an end, people were at my throat. ;)

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> >

> > Well if we're being honest, I think the writers in GW2 are trash most the time

> On this, we agree. I think that the elder dragons have potential to be interesting. As of yet, they've completely squandered that potential.

To be fair, the writing has _significantly_ improved since the launch of LWS4. :+1:

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > Please no the dragons are the most boring part of GW2 imo, story was much better in GW1. Sooner we can get rid of these ridiculously over powered non verbal enemies we can move on to more interesting stories and enemies. They were so much cooler when they were extinct lol. Well at least we get side stories.. oh and more risen, DOUBLE NOPE KTHX. The first time around was annoying enough.

> >

> > I can agree the climax for him was terrible but I can live with that.

>

> Story was just as bad in GW1, All powerful lich with an unstoppable army, Shiro who died, came back, died again and then was turned into a general for Nightfalls final boss, a literal god.

>

> And they where never extinct, just sleeping.

>

> All the enemies outside of the dragons in GW2 are boring, the stories are decent sure, but they are no more interesting than the trash mobs we fight during map clears, at least the dragons threaten something far more than the hero which is roughly what all the other non main enemies are threatening. Joko, not threatening anything, Lazarus wouldnt have been a real threat as hes the last of his kind, the enemies from the Personal stories outside of the inquest are already dealt with(nightmare court is pretty much gone after HoT, Flame Legion pretty much fell apart after the events of COF, Humans will always have bandits, and until the norn decide to finally not allow the Sons of Svanir they will continue to exist unless we kill Jormag.).

>

> The Molten and Toxic alliances fled into hiding after the death of Scarlett, and who knows if they will ever make a come back. We still have 4 dragons to deal with before we get away from them(Jormag, Primordious, DSD and Kralk).

>

> Id love to see a new continent or two with a enemy thats not an Elder Dragon, but they wont pose more of a threat to the *world* than any of the EDs, or a true god(abbadon) or a rogue former god(Balthazar).

>

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"PolarTitan.8519" said:

> > > > Here is the REAL question. What killed him and brought him back from the dead in the first place? There was a livestream with the designers and they hinted at

> > > > SPOILERS BELOW

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Vlast being brought back from the dead as an undead dragon. This was something they were hinting at as they were designing an un-dead dragon which is un-named currently, but it made the chat freak out and they ended up ending the stream early. If it is true and Vlast is to replace Zhaitan then that would be incredible to see and explain a lot about Zhaitan since this may just be history repeating itself.

> > >

> > > Perhaps, but vlast..exploded...there was no body left, so if they did bring him back as an undead dragon theyd have some explaining to do, actually theyd have alot of explaining to do.

> >

> > Hey, the body was left, just sort of all over. It's just a little more effort. Anyway, what about the Death-branded Shatterer?

>

> Shatterer never exploded though, his body just vanishes due to it making no sense to keep his body on the map and have a fresh one spawn in 3 hours or whatever the rotation for world boss spawns, same way Tequatl is canonically dead. Lore wise his body was still laying where he was killed in the Iron Marches till Kralks new powers brought him back to life.

>

> Im fully expecting Kralkatorric to use Zhaitains body though or at least parts of it with his new power time will tell though!

Watch the the Shatterer fight again, he literally shatters in mid air after you beat him. Even his Death Branded version shatters against the mountain side.

Edit: Watch the end of this video as well hear the sound effect.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > > Please no the dragons are the most boring part of GW2 imo, story was much better in GW1. Sooner we can get rid of these ridiculously over powered non verbal enemies we can move on to more interesting stories and enemies. They were so much cooler when they were extinct lol. Well at least we get side stories.. oh and more risen, DOUBLE NOPE KTHX. The first time around was annoying enough.

> > >

> > > I can agree the climax for him was terrible but I can live with that.

> >

> > Story was just as bad in GW1, All powerful lich with an unstoppable army, Shiro who died, came back, died again and then was turned into a general for Nightfalls final boss, a literal god.

> >

> > And they where never extinct, just sleeping.

> >

> > All the enemies outside of the dragons in GW2 are boring, the stories are decent sure, but they are no more interesting than the trash mobs we fight during map clears, at least the dragons threaten something far more than the hero which is roughly what all the other non main enemies are threatening. Joko, not threatening anything, Lazarus wouldnt have been a real threat as hes the last of his kind, the enemies from the Personal stories outside of the inquest are already dealt with(nightmare court is pretty much gone after HoT, Flame Legion pretty much fell apart after the events of COF, Humans will always have bandits, and until the norn decide to finally not allow the Sons of Svanir they will continue to exist unless we kill Jormag.).

> >

> > The Molten and Toxic alliances fled into hiding after the death of Scarlett, and who knows if they will ever make a come back. We still have 4 dragons to deal with before we get away from them(Jormag, Primordious, DSD and Kralk).

> >

> > Id love to see a new continent or two with a enemy thats not an Elder Dragon, but they wont pose more of a threat to the *world* than any of the EDs, or a true god(abbadon) or a rogue former god(Balthazar).

> >

> > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"PolarTitan.8519" said:

> > > > > Here is the REAL question. What killed him and brought him back from the dead in the first place? There was a livestream with the designers and they hinted at

> > > > > SPOILERS BELOW

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Vlast being brought back from the dead as an undead dragon. This was something they were hinting at as they were designing an un-dead dragon which is un-named currently, but it made the chat freak out and they ended up ending the stream early. If it is true and Vlast is to replace Zhaitan then that would be incredible to see and explain a lot about Zhaitan since this may just be history repeating itself.

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps, but vlast..exploded...there was no body left, so if they did bring him back as an undead dragon theyd have some explaining to do, actually theyd have alot of explaining to do.

> > >

> > > Hey, the body was left, just sort of all over. It's just a little more effort. Anyway, what about the Death-branded Shatterer?

> >

> > Shatterer never exploded though, his body just vanishes due to it making no sense to keep his body on the map and have a fresh one spawn in 3 hours or whatever the rotation for world boss spawns, same way Tequatl is canonically dead. Lore wise his body was still laying where he was killed in the Iron Marches till Kralks new powers brought him back to life.

> >

> > Im fully expecting Kralkatorric to use Zhaitains body though or at least parts of it with his new power time will tell though!

>

> Watch the the Shatterer fight again, he literally shatters in mid air after you beat him. Even his Death Branded version shatters against the mountain side.

>

> Edit: Watch the end of this video as well hear the sound effect.

>

>

Never noticed that before that is interesting!

Well, perhaps(and i think they mention it) due to Kralks mastery of crystals he puts it back together and then imbues life into it using the magic he got from Zhaitan. *but* the Death Branded Shatterer doesnt look undead, its just the Shatterer tainted with death magic. Which would still rule out resurrecting Vlast as an undead dragon(Though he might be able to be death branded if indeed Kralk has the power to do force crystal dragons back together after they explode). A death *branded* crystal dragon yes, an *undead* Zhaitan/Tequatl dragon i dont think so.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > > > Please no the dragons are the most boring part of GW2 imo, story was much better in GW1. Sooner we can get rid of these ridiculously over powered non verbal enemies we can move on to more interesting stories and enemies. They were so much cooler when they were extinct lol. Well at least we get side stories.. oh and more risen, DOUBLE NOPE KTHX. The first time around was annoying enough.

> > > >

> > > > I can agree the climax for him was terrible but I can live with that.

> > >

> > > Story was just as bad in GW1, All powerful lich with an unstoppable army, Shiro who died, came back, died again and then was turned into a general for Nightfalls final boss, a literal god.

> > >

> > > And they where never extinct, just sleeping.

> > >

> > > All the enemies outside of the dragons in GW2 are boring, the stories are decent sure, but they are no more interesting than the trash mobs we fight during map clears, at least the dragons threaten something far more than the hero which is roughly what all the other non main enemies are threatening. Joko, not threatening anything, Lazarus wouldnt have been a real threat as hes the last of his kind, the enemies from the Personal stories outside of the inquest are already dealt with(nightmare court is pretty much gone after HoT, Flame Legion pretty much fell apart after the events of COF, Humans will always have bandits, and until the norn decide to finally not allow the Sons of Svanir they will continue to exist unless we kill Jormag.).

> > >

> > > The Molten and Toxic alliances fled into hiding after the death of Scarlett, and who knows if they will ever make a come back. We still have 4 dragons to deal with before we get away from them(Jormag, Primordious, DSD and Kralk).

> > >

> > > Id love to see a new continent or two with a enemy thats not an Elder Dragon, but they wont pose more of a threat to the *world* than any of the EDs, or a true god(abbadon) or a rogue former god(Balthazar).

> > >

> > > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > @"PolarTitan.8519" said:

> > > > > > Here is the REAL question. What killed him and brought him back from the dead in the first place? There was a livestream with the designers and they hinted at

> > > > > > SPOILERS BELOW

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Vlast being brought back from the dead as an undead dragon. This was something they were hinting at as they were designing an un-dead dragon which is un-named currently, but it made the chat freak out and they ended up ending the stream early. If it is true and Vlast is to replace Zhaitan then that would be incredible to see and explain a lot about Zhaitan since this may just be history repeating itself.

> > > > >

> > > > > Perhaps, but vlast..exploded...there was no body left, so if they did bring him back as an undead dragon theyd have some explaining to do, actually theyd have alot of explaining to do.

> > > >

> > > > Hey, the body was left, just sort of all over. It's just a little more effort. Anyway, what about the Death-branded Shatterer?

> > >

> > > Shatterer never exploded though, his body just vanishes due to it making no sense to keep his body on the map and have a fresh one spawn in 3 hours or whatever the rotation for world boss spawns, same way Tequatl is canonically dead. Lore wise his body was still laying where he was killed in the Iron Marches till Kralks new powers brought him back to life.

> > >

> > > Im fully expecting Kralkatorric to use Zhaitains body though or at least parts of it with his new power time will tell though!

> >

> > Watch the the Shatterer fight again, he literally shatters in mid air after you beat him. Even his Death Branded version shatters against the mountain side.

> >

> > Edit: Watch the end of this video as well hear the sound effect.

> >

> >

>

> Never noticed that before that is interesting!

>

> Well, perhaps(and i think they mention it) due to Kralks mastery of crystals he puts it back together and then imbues life into it using the magic he got from Zhaitan. *but* the Death Branded Shatterer doesnt look undead, its just the Shatterer tainted with death magic. Which would still rule out resurrecting Vlast as an undead dragon(Though he might be able to be death branded if indeed Kralk has the power to do force crystal dragons back together after they explode). A death *branded* crystal dragon yes, an *undead* Zhaitan/Tequatl dragon i dont think so.

If Vlast ever came as a death branded, he would most likely look the same except with the greenish energy. Possible replacement for Zhaitan? Could be interesting.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > > > > Please no the dragons are the most boring part of GW2 imo, story was much better in GW1. Sooner we can get rid of these ridiculously over powered non verbal enemies we can move on to more interesting stories and enemies. They were so much cooler when they were extinct lol. Well at least we get side stories.. oh and more risen, DOUBLE NOPE KTHX. The first time around was annoying enough.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can agree the climax for him was terrible but I can live with that.

> > > >

> > > > Story was just as bad in GW1, All powerful lich with an unstoppable army, Shiro who died, came back, died again and then was turned into a general for Nightfalls final boss, a literal god.

> > > >

> > > > And they where never extinct, just sleeping.

> > > >

> > > > All the enemies outside of the dragons in GW2 are boring, the stories are decent sure, but they are no more interesting than the trash mobs we fight during map clears, at least the dragons threaten something far more than the hero which is roughly what all the other non main enemies are threatening. Joko, not threatening anything, Lazarus wouldnt have been a real threat as hes the last of his kind, the enemies from the Personal stories outside of the inquest are already dealt with(nightmare court is pretty much gone after HoT, Flame Legion pretty much fell apart after the events of COF, Humans will always have bandits, and until the norn decide to finally not allow the Sons of Svanir they will continue to exist unless we kill Jormag.).

> > > >

> > > > The Molten and Toxic alliances fled into hiding after the death of Scarlett, and who knows if they will ever make a come back. We still have 4 dragons to deal with before we get away from them(Jormag, Primordious, DSD and Kralk).

> > > >

> > > > Id love to see a new continent or two with a enemy thats not an Elder Dragon, but they wont pose more of a threat to the *world* than any of the EDs, or a true god(abbadon) or a rogue former god(Balthazar).

> > > >

> > > > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > @"PolarTitan.8519" said:

> > > > > > > Here is the REAL question. What killed him and brought him back from the dead in the first place? There was a livestream with the designers and they hinted at

> > > > > > > SPOILERS BELOW

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Vlast being brought back from the dead as an undead dragon. This was something they were hinting at as they were designing an un-dead dragon which is un-named currently, but it made the chat freak out and they ended up ending the stream early. If it is true and Vlast is to replace Zhaitan then that would be incredible to see and explain a lot about Zhaitan since this may just be history repeating itself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Perhaps, but vlast..exploded...there was no body left, so if they did bring him back as an undead dragon theyd have some explaining to do, actually theyd have alot of explaining to do.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey, the body was left, just sort of all over. It's just a little more effort. Anyway, what about the Death-branded Shatterer?

> > > >

> > > > Shatterer never exploded though, his body just vanishes due to it making no sense to keep his body on the map and have a fresh one spawn in 3 hours or whatever the rotation for world boss spawns, same way Tequatl is canonically dead. Lore wise his body was still laying where he was killed in the Iron Marches till Kralks new powers brought him back to life.

> > > >

> > > > Im fully expecting Kralkatorric to use Zhaitains body though or at least parts of it with his new power time will tell though!

> > >

> > > Watch the the Shatterer fight again, he literally shatters in mid air after you beat him. Even his Death Branded version shatters against the mountain side.

> > >

> > > Edit: Watch the end of this video as well hear the sound effect.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Never noticed that before that is interesting!

> >

> > Well, perhaps(and i think they mention it) due to Kralks mastery of crystals he puts it back together and then imbues life into it using the magic he got from Zhaitan. *but* the Death Branded Shatterer doesnt look undead, its just the Shatterer tainted with death magic. Which would still rule out resurrecting Vlast as an undead dragon(Though he might be able to be death branded if indeed Kralk has the power to do force crystal dragons back together after they explode). A death *branded* crystal dragon yes, an *undead* Zhaitan/Tequatl dragon i dont think so.

>

> If Vlast ever came as a death branded, he would most likely look the same except with the greenish energy. Possible replacement for Zhaitan? Could be interesting.

well, Tequatl was starting to become Zhaitan so it is possible, If we are going with this theory, my thought is, Kralkatorric "resurrects" Vlast, we kill Kralkatorric, Vlast becomes free from Kralkatorrics control and absorbs the remaining death magic from Zhatain either allowing him to take Zhaitans place(regardless of if hes good or "evil") and then Aurene absorbs Kralkatorrics energy(outside of or maybe, or including Mordremoths).

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > > > > > Please no the dragons are the most boring part of GW2 imo, story was much better in GW1. Sooner we can get rid of these ridiculously over powered non verbal enemies we can move on to more interesting stories and enemies. They were so much cooler when they were extinct lol. Well at least we get side stories.. oh and more risen, DOUBLE NOPE KTHX. The first time around was annoying enough.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can agree the climax for him was terrible but I can live with that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Story was just as bad in GW1, All powerful lich with an unstoppable army, Shiro who died, came back, died again and then was turned into a general for Nightfalls final boss, a literal god.

> > > > >

> > > > > And they where never extinct, just sleeping.

> > > > >

> > > > > All the enemies outside of the dragons in GW2 are boring, the stories are decent sure, but they are no more interesting than the trash mobs we fight during map clears, at least the dragons threaten something far more than the hero which is roughly what all the other non main enemies are threatening. Joko, not threatening anything, Lazarus wouldnt have been a real threat as hes the last of his kind, the enemies from the Personal stories outside of the inquest are already dealt with(nightmare court is pretty much gone after HoT, Flame Legion pretty much fell apart after the events of COF, Humans will always have bandits, and until the norn decide to finally not allow the Sons of Svanir they will continue to exist unless we kill Jormag.).

> > > > >

> > > > > The Molten and Toxic alliances fled into hiding after the death of Scarlett, and who knows if they will ever make a come back. We still have 4 dragons to deal with before we get away from them(Jormag, Primordious, DSD and Kralk).

> > > > >

> > > > > Id love to see a new continent or two with a enemy thats not an Elder Dragon, but they wont pose more of a threat to the *world* than any of the EDs, or a true god(abbadon) or a rogue former god(Balthazar).

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > @"PolarTitan.8519" said:

> > > > > > > > Here is the REAL question. What killed him and brought him back from the dead in the first place? There was a livestream with the designers and they hinted at

> > > > > > > > SPOILERS BELOW

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Vlast being brought back from the dead as an undead dragon. This was something they were hinting at as they were designing an un-dead dragon which is un-named currently, but it made the chat freak out and they ended up ending the stream early. If it is true and Vlast is to replace Zhaitan then that would be incredible to see and explain a lot about Zhaitan since this may just be history repeating itself.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Perhaps, but vlast..exploded...there was no body left, so if they did bring him back as an undead dragon theyd have some explaining to do, actually theyd have alot of explaining to do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hey, the body was left, just sort of all over. It's just a little more effort. Anyway, what about the Death-branded Shatterer?

> > > > >

> > > > > Shatterer never exploded though, his body just vanishes due to it making no sense to keep his body on the map and have a fresh one spawn in 3 hours or whatever the rotation for world boss spawns, same way Tequatl is canonically dead. Lore wise his body was still laying where he was killed in the Iron Marches till Kralks new powers brought him back to life.

> > > > >

> > > > > Im fully expecting Kralkatorric to use Zhaitains body though or at least parts of it with his new power time will tell though!

> > > >

> > > > Watch the the Shatterer fight again, he literally shatters in mid air after you beat him. Even his Death Branded version shatters against the mountain side.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Watch the end of this video as well hear the sound effect.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Never noticed that before that is interesting!

> > >

> > > Well, perhaps(and i think they mention it) due to Kralks mastery of crystals he puts it back together and then imbues life into it using the magic he got from Zhaitan. *but* the Death Branded Shatterer doesnt look undead, its just the Shatterer tainted with death magic. Which would still rule out resurrecting Vlast as an undead dragon(Though he might be able to be death branded if indeed Kralk has the power to do force crystal dragons back together after they explode). A death *branded* crystal dragon yes, an *undead* Zhaitan/Tequatl dragon i dont think so.

> >

> > If Vlast ever came as a death branded, he would most likely look the same except with the greenish energy. Possible replacement for Zhaitan? Could be interesting.

>

> well, Tequatl was starting to become Zhaitan so it is possible, If we are going with this theory, my thought is, Kralkatorric "resurrects" Vlast, we kill Kralkatorric, Vlast becomes free from Kralkatorrics control and absorbs the remaining death magic from Zhatain either allowing him to take Zhaitans place(regardless of if hes good or "evil") and then Aurene absorbs Kralkatorrics energy(outside of or maybe, or including Mordremoths).

What is nice about if Vlast is resurrected is we have a dragon that is not only exposed to death magic, but also uses it. Sounds like the perfect Zhaitan replacement candidate to me.

Given the Unchained in Siren's Landing, it's dead. Zhaitan is like a lich, raising undead and disease to rule. The thing is killing the lich didn't kill the undead, it's more they have no one master to unite them. There is other forms of masters, like the knights and liches that already command hordes of them. They may have autonomy now that was lacking before, however they seem just as hostile to life now as they were under Zhaitan. What that means is the magic used to create them hasn't been lost, which means even though Elder Dragons die their magic and it's horrors are bound to the world. And since their magic just accumulates in those powerful enough to absorb it, there really is no way to end the threat of their powerful magics. Honestly that's exactly what I'd expect from a game that needs a continuing story. You can't reach resolution, and this is what Anet is doing. After the death of Mordremoth they changed direction. It's not kill the dragons save the world, it's how do you contain the magic without creating another threat.

Zhaitan is dead. Mordremoth is dead. From their passing, we've discovered the hard way that the "Just kill 'em" solution to the Elder Dragons is a Bad Idea. Hence why we had to change gears on Jormag and Primordus, putting them back to sleep instead of killing them. Now we have to figure out what to do with Kralk, who now is probably the single most powerful entity in Tyria. Given the void left by the two dead dragons in Tyria's magical ecosystem, killing Kralk is not an option, and presently the only way we have to deal with him is to track his movements and get out of his way. How we sort that out, remains to be seen. We think Aurene is part of it, but since all her visions down that path lead to destruction, maybe she's not. We'll see.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> To be fair, the writing has _significantly_ improved since the launch of LWS4. :+1:

I think that there are moments with potential littered throughout the series. The video that plays after finishing lws2 touches upon interesting ideas(that weren't explored). Additionally, Balthazar's reveal had an element I found poignant. That element being how, at least temporarily, Kasmeer effectively puts Balthazar before Marjory. In a world where gods actually participate in human activities, how would it feel to have your love one put their god before you. I imagine that would feel devastating. This, too, was dropped quickly.

LWS4, so far, has felt like a retread of Orr. I noticed this while playing through Orr on a new character shortly after the last episode was released. I'd elaborate, but I'm not sure how to hide spoilers on here.

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> I think that there are moments with potential littered throughout the series. The video that plays after finishing lws2 touches upon interesting ideas(that weren't explored). Additionally, Balthazar's reveal had an element I found poignant. That element being how, at least temporarily, Kasmeer effectively puts Balthazar before Marjory. In a world where gods actually participate in human activities, how would it feel to have your love one put their god before you. I imagine that would feel devastating. This, too, was dropped quickly.

>

Kasmeer went through the trials and tribulations of PoF without Marjory. And if you noticed, their reunion at the end was anything but lovey dovey; "tense" is an understatement. I think next time we see Kasmeer, she will be a bit different than what she has been to this point...more confident and independent, at least if I was doing the writing.

> @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> Given the Unchained in Siren's Landing, it's dead. Zhaitan is like a lich, raising undead and disease to rule. The thing is killing the lich didn't kill the undead, it's more they have no one master to unite them. There is other forms of masters, like the knights and liches that already command hordes of them. They may have autonomy now that was lacking before, however they seem just as hostile to life now as they were under Zhaitan. What that means is the magic used to create them hasn't been lost, which means even though Elder Dragons die their magic and it's horrors are bound to the world. And since their magic just accumulates in those powerful enough to absorb it, there really is no way to end the threat of their powerful magics. Honestly that's exactly what I'd expect from a game that needs a continuing story. You can't reach resolution, and this is what Anet is doing. After the death of Mordremoth they changed direction. It's not kill the dragons save the world, it's how do you contain the magic without creating another threat.

Same is it with sylvari and mordrem like unchained

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"jthadman.5826" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > How do you kill that which is already dead ?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Undeath technically makes you _deadable_ again, I reckon.

> > >

> > > Besides, do we even know if Zhaitan itself is undead? Might just be all the necromantic powers it possess that makes it look that way. I mean, if Zhaitan is undead that would imply it died at some point, which raises the questions of who killed it and who else came along and raised it from the dead afterwards?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Now there's a cool idea. What if zhaitan is a minion of dhuum

Dhuums goal is to keep everyone dead.

Zaithans resurrecting left and right.

So it doesn't seem plausible

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > How do you kill that which is already dead ?

>

> Let's go ask the Fellowship of the Ring. I am certain one of them can enlighten us. ;)

the only truly undead there are honor bound and can't die, unless you know a dragon king that can make it's oath done.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > How do you kill that which is already dead ?

> > Let's go ask the Fellowship of the Ring. I am certain one of them can enlighten us. ;)

> the only truly undead there are honor bound and can't die, unless you know a dragon king that can make it's oath done.

Exactly. There you have your answer. ;)

Fortunately, GW2 isn't TLotR and therefore we can be certain that Zhaitan is gone for good. B)

> @"Alimar.8760" said:

> Considering a main part of the current plot is that Zhaitan's death magic, along with Mordremoth's plant magic was absorbed by Primordious and potentially Jormag. It's logical to assume that yes, he is in fact dead.

Don’t forget Kralkatorrik. Apparently he has use of the death and mind sphere now.