More Condi in WvW

kathy.8291

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condi is slightly OP since the expac. What's made it hugely OP is the new access to boon strips. Spellbreakers and their boon stripping ability makes it too easy to strip away resistance and stab and let your condi dps finish em off. Anet seems to love to have all the power creep on the offensive side and none on the defensive side.

> @Osu.6307 said:

> Condi is slightly OP since the expac. What's made it hugely OP is the new access to boon strips. Spellbreakers and their boon stripping ability makes it too easy to strip away resistance and stab and let your condi dps finish em off. Anet seems to love to have all the power creep on the offensive side and none on the defensive side.

this

the boonstripping make it worse

the ability to just strip off a whole sets of boons immediately, including the stabs, make dps way lot easier because people are stuck in the cc combine with the lack of protect and resistance, is near instant down.

the idea of firebrand providing small single stab is just impractical because is jsut one stab and casting another will have cast time, the timing is just too tight to have practical use. if they drop dome on you, then, all your attempt to cast boons again is pointless

the massive boonstrip allow condi to dominate, is really who cast first and cast it right.

it is the return of pirateship meta

The problem with conditions is that you don't really need skill to apply them, at least not the same skill required to clean or avoid them.

A condi player just has to spam aoes and condis will do the rest. If the opponent is a power player he basically has to constantly dodge while trying to land 1 or 2 hits.

> @casantis.3106 said:

> I wonder if the devs avoid discussions like this on purpose.

Of course they do. Even if it is the biggest thread in this forum.

1. It is clearly an issue they do not intend to resolve.

2. And tbh the forums is a hard place to get feedback. Filled with people with opposite opinions who base their comments on what they want rather than what the game needs. And then all the trolls.

But tbh if they don't intend to fix these issues it would be nice to have a statement or discussion with them stating that this is the design model they want. That they are happy with the op Condi and boon strip. Then we know where we stand and people will adjust to the pirate ship meta (or quit).

(On a side note: I do believe they intend to push this pirate ship meta... ffs every time I have seen an anet tag in wvw, the first thing it did was drop an ac on fight engage. Which is out of touch with the playstyle of most wvw players (most, Not all))

I used to be someone who told people to l2p reguarding conditions. It used to be if you speced for them you could manage condi builds very well (much like spec ing to do with power builds). However the way corrupt and application works right now it's just not possible.

* Resistance has absolutely no meaning in the current game state. All it means is your about to have 2 torment and burning.

* Many condition removal traits/skills give boons in addition to removing or converting conditions. It honestly does not matter if you clear 2 condi's when it means that they will get converted.

* AoE application and corruption is out of control.

That's not even getting into the amount of damage that condi's do, or the fact that expertise is still worth 5 stat points per point compared to a power build.

> @Eval.2371 said:

> That's not even getting into the amount of damage that condi's do, or the fact that expertise is still worth 5 stat points per point compared to a power build.

I need to rethink my stats choice. What formula you used to get to 5:1 ratio? How did you factor in cleanses, Resistance, Protection or Rite of the Great Dwarf?

It's ok guys,we are just gradually getting ready for the class balance end game in GW2,when we will all

end up with 2 abilities.The red button and the blue button.

One will deal 10000000 damage and apply:365 stacks of burning,1000 stacks of bleeding,170 stacks of chill,150 stacks of poison,

180 stacks of confusion,25 stacks of torment(that was kept that low for balance reasons),while stunning everyone in a 5000

radius for 10 seconds,and corrupting all their boons.Unblockable of course.

The other will remove 3000 conditions,convert another 300 to boons,heal in a 5000 radius(carefully chosen number after months of research,

totally not random)for 10000000000,and apply:1000 stacks of stability for 1 min,resistance for 5 min,500 stacks of protection for 5 min,and

superspeed for 2 min and 34.92 sec(attention to detail as always),but not before making everyone invulnerable for 4 mins.

And it will of course be balanced because we will all have access to those.

Which is the essence of class balance,really.

I mean,combat will be even more derp than it is now(only slightly),but it will be balanced.

The future is now.

Rejoice.

> @Shibas.8693 said:

> > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > Seriously, Anet, how is this fair and balanced?

>

> Not that i am happy with this, but A-Net does not see WvW as a competitive mode.

not to be rude or anything, but it's the only thing they got after they got cancelled by ESL :D and it actually has major potential to create a whole new level of competitive game play that could be streamed - large scale fights.

if only they could read between the lines, but it seems they employ a handful of deficient ppl.

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> > @Shibas.8693 said:

> > > @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> > > Seriously, Anet, how is this fair and balanced?

> >

> > Not that i am happy with this, but A-Net does not see WvW as a competitive mode.

>

> not to be rude or anything, but it's the only thing they got after they got cancelled by ESL :D and it actually has major potential to create a whole new level of competitive game play that could be streamed - large scale fights.

>

> if only they could read between the lines, but it seems they employ a handful of deficient ppl.

it's not about being competetive. this meta will get boring and tiring very quickly. people will leave. and for the first time in ages it's not because wvw is neglected (feature-wise), but because nobody cares about balance at all.

Pirate ship was extremely boring, but it was playable.

Toilet Bowl was engaging, but way too forgiving because of the mass sustain thrown around everywhere.

Condi Meta had at least resistance-spam as a counter.

this current meta however is hard to play against. once the spellbreaker hits you with his bubble hell breaks loose - your stab and your resistance are gone and you get insta-ebola'd by hybrid firebrand and full trailblazer scourges. "but just dodge the bubble" - not possible, just think about the vast area just 3 spellbreakers can cover.

Things **need** to change, otherwise people will quit this mode in masses. i'm already discouraged to enter wvw just because i think of all the ebola i have to put up with. no thanks, i'll rather go play something else...

> @Aenaos.8160 said:

> It's ok guys,we are just gradually getting ready for the class balance end game in GW2,when we will all

> end up with 2 abilities.The red button and the blue button.

>

> One will deal 10000000 damage and apply:365 stacks of burning,1000 stacks of bleeding,170 stacks of chill,150 stacks of poison,

> 180 stacks of confusion,25 stacks of torment(that was kept that low for balance reasons),while stunning everyone in a 5000

> radius for 10 seconds,and corrupting all their boons.Unblockable of course.

>

> The other will remove 3000 conditions,convert another 300 to boons,heal in a 5000 radius(carefully chosen number after months of research,

> totally not random)for 10000000000,and apply:1000 stacks of stability for 1 min,resistance for 5 min,500 stacks of protection for 5 min,and

> superspeed for 2 min and 34.92 sec(attention to detail as always),but not before making everyone invulnerable for 4 mins.

>

> And it will of course be balanced because we will all have access to those.

> Which is the essence of class balance,really.

> I mean,combat will be even more kitten than it is now(only slightly),but it will be balanced.

>

> The future is now.

> Rejoice.

>

SEEMS LEGIT.

CONDITION DAMAGE is not an issue. CONDITION VARIETY is an issue.

Its why, despite burning being the most bursty condition, burn guards are manageable for anyone with a reasonable amount of cleanse. Their limited access to cover conditions makes cleansing their bursts achievable.

The worst offenders *coughNecrocough* are builds that have access to a large variety of conditions. These specific builds, I believe, need rebalancing.

There are three things I would like to see balance-wise for conditions-

1) Condition Variety culled: Go over every individual weapon and traitline reducing the number of conditions available to the offending professions.

Example:

Mesmer- Remove all Bleed, Burn and Poison access.

All traits and weapons that apply bleed now apply confusion instead

All traits and weapon skills that apply Burn now apply torment instead

All traits and weapon skills that apply Poison (just staff 5...) apply blind instead

This would give each profession a bit more unique flavor and makes cleansing more manageable.

2) Change all traits that apply an additional condition when you apply a condition. Make all those traits apply a condition INSTEAD.

Example:

Bitter Chill-

Currently inflicts 3 vuln on top of applying chill. Change it to apply the Vuln INSTEAD of applying chill when traited.

If you have Bitter Chill and Deathly Chill traited, you'd apply vuln and bleeding in place of inflicting chill.

Then buff the traits application of the alternate condition to compensate.

3) Make stun breaks clear soft CC: A stun break should clear anything that impedes the movement/control over your character. Soft CC (Slow, Immobilize, cripple, Chill) should be able to be cleared through both stun breaks or condition clears, just like fear.

If you get bombed and want the 12 stacks of burn that are miraculously on the far right of your stats bar removed, you stun break (clears all the soft CC) then follow up with a cleanse to get the damaging conditions.

----------

Then there is the obvious things that came with PoF... I'm going to hold off on criticizing the new specs till I had more time with them, though.

See...the problem ,once again, is called **balance**.

I do understand the attempt to make condi builds a viable choice for a specific portion of the game (the so called "end game"),prior to this power builds were considered the standard and some variety was needed.

So while these changes brought fresh air,fun and variety in the pve enviroment,at the same time those changes killed the very variety in WvW.

Running across a condi specced opponent its not just a possibility anymore (which i was fine with it back in the days,cos it was the gamble of "openworld" pvp),nowdays its a certainty.

Every profession can run efficiently a condi spec but not every profession can actually respond as efficiently to them:

* maybe one has poor cleanse as default

* maybe one has a decent trait to deal with them,but its in a pointless specialization tree for that specific build: so what to do!?

* maybe one has to take those utilities over others,just to survive the actual condi spam.

And so here we are: going for almost the same traits and almost the same utilities once again,with almost the same "setup",cos at the end those are the only efficient options.

Dont get me wrong,i do understand we cannot run everything at the same time and u have ofc to make different choices and make them work,but im sorry,atm condies have a considerable weight on what to pick,what to build,what to run and the meta in general.

(even tho i hate the idea of meta itself: to me when there is a meta there is a balance issue...and guess what?! :) )

just my 2 cents

> @ilMasa.2546 said:

> See...the problem ,once again, is called **balance**.

> I do understand the attempt to make condi builds a viable choice for a specific portion of the game (the so called "end game"),prior to this power builds were considered the standard and some variety was needed.

> So while these changes brought fresh air,fun and variety in the pve enviroment,at the same time those changes killed the very variety in WvW.

It also killed the variety in all other aspects of the game. Look at the raid metas. 95% of them are condi based.