Third Expansion ideas

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> Location wise, I used to be dead set on seeing Cantha again. However, after Path of Fire, I think I've had my fill of human-only areas.

>

> For the next location, I think I'd like the next expansion to head east into the Blood Legion Homelands and beyond, or maybe cross the Unending Ocean to the continent to the west.

>

> That's what I'd be most interested in seeing for the next expansion.

Same here back before PoF came out I was interested to see cantha but now not so much for the same reason. Personally I'd want Anet to finish putting out more open world maps in our current world map of tyria instead of branching out to other places, so many new maps can be made in the blood legion homelands, unending ocean, Janthir coast, shiverpeaks (north and south)......I just want to be more immersed in a full world map full of roamable maps and not just shaded regions.

I'd really love to play a bare fist class like a monk so yes I would really love new weapons. The next expansion needs more reasons to pull in new players, I hope it's not the same formula as it has been the past 2 expansions. So yes for a new race for me as well. One can dream.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I like OP's ideas, most of them not new but I agree the game would be better with them.

+1 on new playable race, been wanting this for years.

+1 on new weapon types, since HoT came out I have been wanting that great axe from the axe master in Dragons Stand, and legit scythe not staff.

I also want Anet to put more effort in underwater maps, the lws4 maps do have parts underwater but underwater life looks dead af, I want a map that is a teaming with life and not just some gathering nodes every few meters.

I'm not much of a pvper but I did enjoy snowball mayhem it wasn't too cancerous, fun and more freedom than conquest capping and defending nodes, I'd really love more pvp modes like it.

I would love if they added the missing Elite Skill types for each class (or at least 1 for each class pls)

Arcane + Signet for Ele

Well + Signet for Necromancer

Mantra + Phantasm/Clone for Mesmer

Shout + Stance for Warrior

Consecration + Spirit Weapon for Guardian

Trap + Signet for Ranger

Trap + Signet for Thief

Gadget for Engineer

> @"Orangensaft.7139" said:

> I would love if they added the missing Elite Skill types for each class (or at least 1 for each class pls)

>

> Arcane + Signet for Ele

> Well + Signet for Necromancer

> Mantra + Phantasm/Clone for Mesmer

> Shout + Stance for Warrior

> Consecration + Spirit Weapon for Guardian

> Trap + Signet for Ranger

> Trap + Signet for Thief

> Gadget for Engineer

>

that would be nice, totally forgot about those half finished skills.

> @"Brother.1504" said:

> Cantha. Non dragon or gods antagonist. (No not inquest) Tengu new race. One elite specialization “Monk” all professions can be it. Monk can be healer, barehand dps or barehand ranged dps. And. Build templates please.

Not that hyped for cantha, since i prefer Anet finishes our current world map first (too many shaded areas which kills my immersion) I want my whole open world map to be places i can go. Do love the monk fist fighter idea as well :D

> @"DarthFurby.3970" said:

> Well I guess you have a point there. Greatswords do shoot laserbeams for certain classes afterall. Despite my better nature, I need to abandon all logic when it comes to this game. *shrug*

Yeah what they said, weapons in this game are not logical. I really just want to see dual shields because its so rare to see it in rpgs or games for that matter. I imagine it has taunt, blocks, knockbacks, stuns, bubble, shield boomerang.....too many ideas that can make it fun.

> @"lunarminx.3624" said:

> I would love a new underwater world that is a mix of water and land. New types of enemies not just a rehash of old ones. ( Rift did this really well). With the next expansion a new level cap would be great( level 100). Add all expansion to world completion for those that have the expansions. Solo dungeons and be able to hire npcs to do them with you if you can not find enough to do the dungeon you want to do. More fluff to buy like being able to by pass the quests to get the flying mount and just buy it. More hair styles, colors and tattoos for all races.

Yes a new underwater world has got to be one of the most daring feat the devs can pull off (if it ever happens), since most mmo's dont have decent underwater gameplay. +1 to new types of enemies as well, i hated rehashing of mobs (ex. Mordrem Vinetooth is basically Awakaned Scavenger), wtb legit new enemies.

Though i cant agree on increasing the level cap, horizontal progression is good for the game since it doesnt make older max level maps ezpz after new maps/expansions come out. People have solo'd dungeons for years, hard but doable, it scks for people who came late in the game though that they cant find groups (or it takes longer) to do dungeons since majority of the player base don't even touch them anymore aka dead content. Bypassing the collections for griffon and the 250g requirement is a no no as well, it was a fun collection to do and made getting it so worth it. I prefer these kinds of quests that give meaning to things and make getting them feel so worth it, unlike gemstore items where you simply type in your credit card and boom easy rewards.

> @"Skyavell.9573" said:

> Yes a new underwater world has got to be one of the most daring feat the devs can pull off (if it ever happens), since most mmo's dont have decent underwater gameplay.

Hold on to your seat, underwater combat is gonna have changes on May 8, maybe a legit new underwater map is not far behind.

> @"LucyFurr.6589" said:

> **Other notable mentions**

> - _Bring back the beta weekend 2 event in that happened in plains of ashford where players fought branded minions and when they died they became branded themselves which then allowed them to attack the players still alive and be attacked by them as well. Open world pvp fights that are contained in an event/part of the map like these are really fun._

Hey OP here is a link of the events that happened in beta weekends 1,2,3 before gw2 launched.

beta weekend 1 finale event: [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Great_Critter_Hunt](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Great_Critter_Hunt "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Great_Critter_Hunt")

beta weekend 2 finale event: [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repel_the_invading_dragon_forces](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repel_the_invading_dragon_forces "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repel_the_invading_dragon_forces") &

[https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_and_corrupt_everything_in_your_master%27s_image](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_and_corrupt_everything_in_your_master%27s_image "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_and_corrupt_everything_in_your_master%27s_image")

beta weekend 3 finale event: [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunger_Royale](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunger_Royale "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunger_Royale")

I remember doing them all years ago and it saddens me that they were not added in the game, though hunger royale is probably closest to what is now southsun survival.

thanks for the links, that's helpful especially for those who weren't their during the beta's but are now regular gw2 players. Gives information on events that the game offered back then but have not applied to the rest of the game after release.

> @"J envy.5270" said:

> > @"Skyavell.9573" said:

> > Yes a new underwater world has got to be one of the most daring feat the devs can pull off (if it ever happens), since most mmo's dont have decent underwater gameplay.

>

> Hold on to your seat, underwater combat is gonna have changes on May 8, maybe a legit new underwater map is not far behind.

What significant changes have there been since the ANet statements about underwater content when Lake Doric was released?

I think optimism for anything other than number changes, like other skill balancing, is misplaced here.

I feel like Guild wars is not as successful as some of the other mmo titles out there; Whenever I Talk to my friends who don't play anymore or never have at all the majority of what I Get is "that game is still going?". It does not get much when it comes to "Oh its got this huge expansion coming!" Because the expansions really are kind of small and to me really dont add much. Mounts were cool and true they feel nice when using them but In reality its not enough to keep people on the band-wagon for long, and the elite specs are hardly a huge selling point as you can usually tell what classes will get the solid additions.(Ele, messmer, warrior, ranger, necro)

I really would love a new race, for example maybe at the end of the living story we go help the largos out and find that they have diplomatic relations to the tengu so they create a summit between us and them. We try to make them work with us via logic but they give us some cold shoulder shenanigans until maybe a threat attacks (Joko? Bubbles?) Something and the tengu fight side by side with us and the largos. After seeing our valor, honor and capacity for accepting and even saving their people unlike those in cantha they choose to rally with us. Next expansion launches and thrusts the new races at us as new warriors; Could even be that they make a npc version of the commander if you choose to play as one of the new races? Maybe make the races start at level eighty or something, probably requiring that you have a level 80 on your account to make one (They give you a free level boost each expansion). This would make them Akin to like a "Hero Race", which means yes you cant do the storyline leading into the vanilla, hot or even pof story-lines but you pick up right at the start of this conflict.

For the new race ideas they could also say like "You're one of the few who venture out, one of the ones who chose to fight while the others decided to watch." And so you are the commander, you've been there this whole time... But because you chose to be different and save this world and not sit idle and let it die.

> @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> Tenchu, Kodan, Dwarf races!

> Underworld!

Tenchu is a ninja game back in the old playstation days......you mean tengu? lol.> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"J envy.5270" said:

> What significant changes have there been since the ANet statements about underwater content when Lake Doric was released?

>

> I think optimism for anything other than number changes, like other skill balancing, is misplaced here.

I agree im not too excited about the underwater changes until i see it, there have been no legit maps since after core game was released that had any sort of deep water/engaging underwater combat outside the underwater fractal map. Through the years, it defenitely shows that anet has been staying away from anything underwater in gw2.> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> In addition to dwarves we should also get Gnomes, Halflings, and Elves so that GW2 can be more like every other generic game out there.

oh hell no! i only want races that are part of the lore of gw1, dwarves were there but there were never elves and gnomes etc....

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> I feel like Guild wars is not as successful as some of the other mmo titles out there; Whenever I Talk to my friends who don't play anymore or never have at all the majority of what I Get is "that game is still going?". It does not get much when it comes to "Oh its got this huge expansion coming!" Because the expansions really are kind of small and to me really dont add much. Mounts were cool and true they feel nice when using them but In reality its not enough to keep people on the band-wagon for long, and the elite specs are hardly a huge selling point

I honestly feel the same way, all my irl friends left the game already and though were still friends and play other games together, they never played gw2 again and i really havent found any way to pull them back in the game outside maybe 1 or 2 of them buying the new expansion to try it out for a month then quitting again.

> I really would love a new race, for example maybe at the end of the living story we go help the largos out and find that they have diplomatic relations to the tengu so they create a summit between us and them. We try to make them work with us via logic but they give us some cold shoulder shenanigans until maybe a threat attacks (Joko? Bubbles?) Something and the tengu fight side by side with us and the largos. After seeing our valor, honor and capacity for accepting and even saving their people unlike those in cantha they choose to rally with us. Next expansion launches and thrusts the new races at us as new warriors; Could even be that they make a npc version of the commander if you choose to play as one of the new races? Maybe make the races start at level eighty or something, probably requiring that you have a level 80 on your account to make one (They give you a free level boost each expansion). This would make them Akin to like a "Hero Race", which means yes you cant do the storyline leading into the vanilla, hot or even pof story-lines but you pick up right at the start of this conflict.

>

> For the new race ideas they could also say like "You're one of the few who venture out, one of the ones who chose to fight while the others decided to watch." And so you are the commander, you've been there this whole time... But because you chose to be different and save this world and not sit idle and let it die.

I agree, i feel that we should really get a new race on the next expansion. We need to give reasons for players who have never bothered trying out gw2 before or did but quit after the 1st year and haven't been back (like my irl friends). I feel that a new race gives players a new start so that they can join up with a bunch of new people or their friends who decide to make a new character and join them, they won't feel so behind were everyone else is all 80 and fully ascended/legendary geared...

Similarly to what i have said in the OP, its not hard to assimilate this new playable race into the game storywise as there are so many ways to connect their starting storyline into the current expansion. It all comes down to whether anet decides that its not a waste of their time, and give it a shot. Because the way it is now, it gets harder and harder to pull new people into the next expansion as the game gets older, especially when their are no new headlines to the the next expansion such as a new race, new weapon types,and new game modes. Story has been better from the core game to the living worlds to the expansions but story alone is not enough to sell to a new crowd, the game really needs to find ways to entice new blood, because that is what keeps the game alive.

> @"LucyFurr.6589" said:

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > I feel like Guild wars is not as successful as some of the other mmo titles out there; Whenever I Talk to my friends who don't play anymore or never have at all the majority of what I Get is "that game is still going?". It does not get much when it comes to "Oh its got this huge expansion coming!" Because the expansions really are kind of small and to me really dont add much. Mounts were cool and true they feel nice when using them but In reality its not enough to keep people on the band-wagon for long, and the elite specs are hardly a huge selling point

>

> I honestly feel the same way, all my irl friends left the game already and though were still friends and play other games together, they never played gw2 again and i really havent found any way to pull them back in the game outside maybe 1 or 2 of them buying the new expansion to try it out for a month then quitting again.

>

> > I really would love a new race, for example maybe at the end of the living story we go help the largos out and find that they have diplomatic relations to the tengu so they create a summit between us and them. We try to make them work with us via logic but they give us some cold shoulder shenanigans until maybe a threat attacks (Joko? Bubbles?) Something and the tengu fight side by side with us and the largos. After seeing our valor, honor and capacity for accepting and even saving their people unlike those in cantha they choose to rally with us. Next expansion launches and thrusts the new races at us as new warriors; Could even be that they make a npc version of the commander if you choose to play as one of the new races? Maybe make the races start at level eighty or something, probably requiring that you have a level 80 on your account to make one (They give you a free level boost each expansion). This would make them Akin to like a "Hero Race", which means yes you cant do the storyline leading into the vanilla, hot or even pof story-lines but you pick up right at the start of this conflict.

> >

> > For the new race ideas they could also say like "You're one of the few who venture out, one of the ones who chose to fight while the others decided to watch." And so you are the commander, you've been there this whole time... But because you chose to be different and save this world and not sit idle and let it die.

>

> I agree, i feel that we should really get a new race on the next expansion. We need to give reasons for players who have never bothered trying out gw2 before or did but quit after the 1st year and haven't been back (like my irl friends). I feel that a new race gives players a new start so that they can join up with a bunch of new people or their friends who decide to make a new character and join them, they won't feel so behind were everyone else is all 80 and fully ascended/legendary geared...

>

> Similarly to what i have said in the OP, its not hard to assimilate this new playable race into the game storywise as there are so many ways to connect their starting storyline into the current expansion. It all comes down to whether anet decides that its not a waste of their time, and give it a shot. Because the way it is now, it gets harder and harder to pull new people into the next expansion as the game gets older, especially when their are no new headlines to the the next expansion such as a new race, new weapon types,and new game modes. Story has been better from the core game to the living worlds to the expansions but story alone is not enough to sell to a new crowd, the game really needs to find ways to entice new blood, because that is what keeps the game alive.

Frankly I was not that impressed with PoF and if the next expansion is more of the same I probably wont get it; Im not really interested in say for example... "New mounts" that serve only to make the old ones obsolete because they dont function properly on the new maps. Im not interested, hell I Was not interested in the elite specs we got this time around..... I Was like "I mean ok, sure I guess."

PoF and HoT felt like while they did add things which were more in the line of Systems, quality of life changes, class changes and a bunch of other mechanic and system upgrades they only brought in those things. The content was alright; But it was no where near as good as other mmo's out there that have pushed out content? Raids did little for me as my guild cant do them. I did them. But I dont like doing them all the time, and see really no reason to do them religiously like a zealot as I would much rather go for the narrative within them and see the theme behind them.

New players come for new stuff; A new race, class, weapon types ect will get people into a game. I never wanted to try smite at its inception UNTIL fenrir came out and I've been playing ever since because they keep adding things that I find to be cool. I never wanted to play ESO and then they added the warden, I never wanted to play WoW but them here comes the demon hunter which looks cool so I gave it a try. A-net needs to think about this stuff because it is important in the long run; People return and sometimes stay because you give them something that screams to them. You can't expect people to come play a game or get back into a game, when there is nothing new (specs aint new). For example if they just add new mounts and nothing else next expansion, it wont get them praise at all because we are all expecting them to do something like that. Same for specs.

Listen to your community... We know what WE WANT. Some of us have really out there desires; But the majority of the stuff you see being pitched is like Player housing, more customization, more armor, or armor that looks good on all races. More racial stuff, more diversity and potentially more races to play as well more things to do outside of the status quo. I hope you give me a reason to get the next expansion, I love this game and it has been my main mmo but at this point I really just don't have much drive to play the game... Because I know in the end the next expansion will just be a rehash of the same shit we got in the last two. Im not really looking forward to more of the same.... And with WoW adding all the stuff they are in Battle for Azeroth I really dont know how you're going to compete.

> @"Brother.1504" said:

> Cantha. Non dragon or gods antagonist. (No not inquest) Tengu new race. Build templates please.

My thoughts exactly, especially on the build templates.

Cantha was my favorite part of GW1 and really hoping for a return, & Tengu have well-laid groundwork if Anet ever creates another playable race.

While I don’t mind fighting dragons and deities, it does feel a bit tiring to be fighting a long chain of [insert consistent being] one by one.

One of the other main things that have felt tiring was how often nonsentient “monsters” are the opponents you hack through in the main story. Even the dragon minions seem to be more like mere conduits of the dragon’s sentience than having their own mind. It’d be refreshing if the new opponent was some other civilization that legitimately had different views, and are not just thralls to some overlord god/dragon/idividual. That other civilization could even be composed of multiple races (human/tengu/etc) whose individuals decide to support a different culture/value-system (so they’re not just bandits/criminals looking for money). There would be alot more intrigue.

Ok, I posted once a similar list somewhere on facebook, but here's why the probability of getting a new race is close to zero. This would require:

1. Using old tech to make it possible to play Personal Story in the way it is played by other characters (this in order to not bug the Journal in any way, it can't be skipped as ending the PS is a trigger to unlocking the recap of Scarlet War and then Season 2). That would mean creating many of these old off static cutscenes, etc, etc. I don't even know if their engine is still viable to do that.

2. Not much place to reasonably give Tengu any starting area that makes sense (must be at least two + racial city).

3. ArenaNet would have to retroactively revamp ALL of the existing and those already in development armors and outfits to not make it clip extremely terrible.

4. They would have to redo voiceovers for pre-existing content, with some lines requiring actors that aren't available.

5. Lore-wise making any sense of it would be an absolute nightmare, especially in tengu case, as events of the story still claim that tengu are extremely isolated and a Tengu commander would make less sense that the notion of Rytlock being the first Revenant (which could have been alleviated simply by stating that Rytlock is the first Herald - and that would have sense and allow revenants to not force a suspension of disbelief as far as continuity goes).

I'm pretty certain I could write much more, but I need to get to work. As nice as the dreams about tengu/largos/quaggans sound - 99.9% of "not a chance, stop beating a dead horse you guys"

> @"Invidia.9074" said:

> Ok, I posted once a similar list somewhere on facebook, but here's why the probability of getting a new race is close to zero. This would require:

>

> 1. Using old tech to make it possible to play Personal Story in the way it is played by other characters (this in order to not bug the Journal in any way, it can't be skipped as ending the PS is a trigger to unlocking the recap of Scarlet War and then Season 2). That would mean creating many of these old off static cutscenes, etc, etc. I don't even know if their engine is still viable to do that.

> 2. Not much place to reasonably give Tengu any starting area that makes sense (must be at least two + racial city).

> 3. ArenaNet would have to retroactively revamp ALL of the existing and those already in development armors and outfits to not make it clip extremely terrible.

> 4. They would have to redo voiceovers for pre-existing content, with some lines requiring actors that aren't available.

> 5. Lore-wise making any sense of it would be an absolute nightmare, especially in tengu case, as events of the story still claim that tengu are extremely isolated and a Tengu commander would make less sense that the notion of Rytlock being the first Revenant (which could have been alleviated simply by stating that Rytlock is the first Herald - and that would have sense and allow revenants to not force a suspension of disbelief as far as continuity goes).

>

> I'm pretty certain I could write much more, but I need to get to work. As nice as the dreams about tengu/largos/quaggans sound - 99.9% of "not a chance, stop beating a dead horse you guys"

It's not that hard:

1. I don't think that should give any problems. Still, you could Just not enable the PS at all if that was the case.

2. New races don't need new cities and/or zones, they can recycle the already existing ones. Tengu would obviously get Dominion of Winds as the city, and two leveling zones next to it, but other races like largos and dwarves would be fine not getting any. Largos could use the tengu zone, and dwarves the norn zone.

3. There's no need for all previous armor pieces and outfits to match new races. They can just disable most of them.

4. No need to redo voiceovers when you're almost never acknowledged by your race.

5. The above race examples (tengu, largos, dwarf) could fit the original PS just fine. They're just outcasts or rebels from their racial factions, going into exile and joining the Pact. Even more, there's already tengu and largos members in the Pact.

I agree wholeheartedly with "Rytlock being the first revenant" being a fatal mistake, they should have gone with herald, so that revenants make sense pre-HoT. That's the same approach I'd use for new races, `pretend they were there all the time.

You have some implementation ideas [here, in another thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21242/new-playable-races-study-choose-your-favorite#latest), together with a poll.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> Frankly I was not that impressed with PoF and if the next expansion is more of the same I probably wont get it; Im not really interested in say for example... "New mounts" that serve only to make the old ones obsolete because they dont function properly on the new maps. Im not interested, hell I Was not interested in the elite specs we got this time around..... I Was like "I mean ok, sure I guess."

Same here i actually was about to not even consider buying PoF after seeing what we got with HoT on its release, which i was very disappointed with and took a 5 month break from the game. Though i did not do the same thing in PoF, i am at a point in the game where the game can't keep me intersted for more than a week past a new living story patch, after doing all the new content i just get so bored.

> PoF and HoT felt like while they did add things which were more in the line of Systems, quality of life changes, class changes and a bunch of other mechanic and system upgrades they only brought in those things. The content was alright; But it was no where near as good as other mmo's out there that have pushed out content? Raids did little for me as my guild cant do them. I did them. But I dont like doing them all the time, and see really no reason to do them religiously like a zealot as I would much rather go for the narrative within them and see the theme behind them.

i do raids weekly with my reset group but other than that i dont really stay for more than daily logins, fractals used to keep me on for more than a few hours but its so monotonous and just feels like a never ending grind.

> New players come for new stuff; A new race, class, weapon types ect will get people into a game. I never wanted to try smite at its inception UNTIL fenrir came out and I've been playing ever since because they keep adding things that I find to be cool. I never wanted to play ESO and then they added the warden, I never wanted to play WoW but them here comes the demon hunter which looks cool so I gave it a try. A-net needs to think about this stuff because it is important in the long run; People return and sometimes stay because you give them something that screams to them. You can't expect people to come play a game or get back into a game, when there is nothing new (specs aint new). For example if they just add new mounts and nothing else next expansion, it wont get them praise at all because we are all expecting them to do something like that. Same for specs.

Yes i totally agree, i am an old WoW player myself, i remember buying their new expansions because they entice you really well with their marketing and the new class/race. They just know how to pull people in, and its a shame that anet does not learn from blizzard.

> Listen to your community... We know what WE WANT. Some of us have really out there desires; But the majority of the stuff you see being pitched is like Player housing, more customization, more armor, or armor that looks good on all races. More racial stuff, more diversity and potentially more races to play as well more things to do outside of the status quo. I hope you give me a reason to get the next expansion, I love this game and it has been my main mmo but at this point I really just don't have much drive to play the game... Because I know in the end the next expansion will just be a rehash of the same kitten we got in the last two. Im not really looking forward to more of the same.... And with WoW adding all the stuff they are in Battle for Azeroth I really dont know how you're going to compete.

It is my main mmo for the last few years as well, but its been harder and harder to keep playing the game when you can't find reasons to enjoy it, its more the same old. I did come back and played legion for a few months, i might come and play BfA as well as i feel WoW really knows hot to keep people coming back. I really do hope anet considers new race and new weapons because i am in the same boat as you, if the next expansion does not come out with those, i might consider getting it, because mounts and gliders really wasn't enough for me, and if its more of that, its just sad.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> It's not that hard:

>

> 1. I don't think that should give any problems. Still, you could Just not enable the PS at all if that was the case.

> 2. New races don't need new cities and/or zones, they can recycle the already existing ones. Tengu would obviously get Dominion of Winds as the city, and two leveling zones next to it, but other races like largos and dwarves would be fine not getting any. Largos could use the tengu zone, and dwarves the norn zone.

> 3. There's no need for all previous armor pieces and outfits to match new races. They can just disable most of them.

> 4. No need to redo voiceovers when you're almost never acknowledged by your race.

> 5. The above race examples (tengu, largos, dwarf) could fit the original PS just fine. They're just outcasts or rebels from their racial factions, going into exile and joining the Pact. Even more, there's already tengu and largos members in the Pact.

>

> I agree wholeheartedly with "Rytlock being the first revenant" being a fatal mistake, they should have gone with herald, so that revenants make sense pre-HoT. That's the same approach I'd use for new races, `pretend they were there all the time.

>

I agree, the other guy just don't get it, its not that hard, its all a matter of whether devs find it worth their time. Myself and others in this thread have ideas on how anet can implement the new race as well, they may have not done it the past 2 expansion for whichever reason(really had no excuse for PoF unlike HoT, but oh well...), but if this subject falls on deaf ears again by the time the third expansion comes out, then its just a waste of potential to bring new people in an aging game.

> @"LucyFurr.6589" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

>

> > It's not that hard:

> >

> > 1. I don't think that should give any problems. Still, you could Just not enable the PS at all if that was the case.

> > 2. New races don't need new cities and/or zones, they can recycle the already existing ones. Tengu would obviously get Dominion of Winds as the city, and two leveling zones next to it, but other races like largos and dwarves would be fine not getting any. Largos could use the tengu zone, and dwarves the norn zone.

> > 3. There's no need for all previous armor pieces and outfits to match new races. They can just disable most of them.

> > 4. No need to redo voiceovers when you're almost never acknowledged by your race.

> > 5. The above race examples (tengu, largos, dwarf) could fit the original PS just fine. They're just outcasts or rebels from their racial factions, going into exile and joining the Pact. Even more, there's already tengu and largos members in the Pact.

> >

> > I agree wholeheartedly with "Rytlock being the first revenant" being a fatal mistake, they should have gone with herald, so that revenants make sense pre-HoT. That's the same approach I'd use for new races, `pretend they were there all the time.

> >

>

> I agree, the other guy just don't get it, its not that hard, its all a matter of whether devs find it worth their time. Myself and others in this thread have ideas on how anet can implement the new race as well, they may have not done it the past 2 expansion for whichever reason(really had no excuse for PoF unlike HoT, but oh well...), but if this subject falls on deaf ears again by the time the third expansion comes out, then its just a waste of potential to bring new people in an aging game.

>

>

In reality The only thing they would need to do is give the new races a voice; Which in my eyes does not seem hard as they already explained how voice acting works yea? So get one New guy and one new girl to voice all three of the races since they can fill three roles. Yes you have to do this for several languages but in my eyes it feels like this makes it easier than we once assumed it would be; Frankly its almost appauling that we have not had a new race given the kind of shady crap you keep trying to pull. Mounts were only designed to cash in on what gliders started because glider skins made you tons of money; So mount skins would do the same and you can market it as such.

The only reason you don't make a new race is because you can't sit here and leech on it for all they are worth; Oh but WAIT YOU CAN! Hell you can even do it with your current races by adding new appearances for us to have in the total make-over kit? Whenever you come out with new player customization options you get lots of money so people can add new stuff to their character. For example, the elonian update for humans and the charr horn update.... Just make a few more and when the new races come out make sure they have a good amount of options outside and INSIDE the make-over kit. Bam problem solved; More money for you.

I also think it's time for a new race. I've been sceptical/indifferent about it before, but now when I realize the game is 6 years old with the same old races, It's definitely time. We've had so many cool NPC races in the game for so long, some of them just NEED to become playable.

I'm not so sure about the new weapon types though. Sure, they would be great, no question. But we have so many weapon types already, and still many to unlock for new elite specs. How would this be implemented? A new weapon type for the new race? All new weapons available to all classes? That would require a horrible amount of work, balance testing, new skills, new animations, a million skin sets, the list goes on. I'd love it, but I don't see it happening in the next expansion, if ever.

Personally I don't care about underwater much, and not just because the UW combat has been horrible. It's simply just not a very attractive theme to me. I'm personally dying for a snow-themed expansion (Bitterfrost Frontier is so darn beautiful!) or something truly exotic, like a deep dark underground xpac with beautiful illuminated caverns, or maybe psychedelic spiriworld-themed maps. Or maybe something urban, like a large countryside megacity with villages and plains and forests everywhere around it (imagine Witcher 3). Well, perhaps an underwater city in a giant bubble would do, as long as we don't have to swim alot!