If dwarves were playable...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > Do you people not want additional races or what? Are you arguing against more flavor, fun, and game options just to argue against it?

>

> People are not supportive of a new race because this isn't an imaginary world where things pop up out of thin air. Are you willing to cover the entire cost of developing a new race?

>

> I and many others are indifferent towards a new race, it adds absolutely nothing of value to me, especially since all I'll see are mostly Humans either ways. I have zero interest in paying for a new race, and would not buy any expansion that only offered a new race unless it was something that had a Human body type (Elves). I would have no problem with a new race if the minority demanding a new race paid for the development process themselves, but they won't.

>

> > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > Those responses preclude the idea that an added race would not make an enormous profit (It would, and most likely by every single GW2 player, and it would also bring other players in who liked the race enough to start playing GW2 - I personally know friends who will not play the game because they do hate the current races and their aesthetic).

>

> The unpopularity of non-Human bodies is easy to see, there's plenty of graphs for tons of games that show race popularity; Humans and other similar races like Elves always dominate over the races that are non-human. I would like to know how something unpopular could ever be "an enormous profit", ArenaNet would be lucky if it at a minimum paid for itself.

But the dwarves were already in Tyria. Granted, they sacrificed themselves to I think it's ok to stay that way, but no new races because they can't pop out of thin air? How about kodan, then?

> @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Did new players rush to play WoW when they saw they could play as a panda?

> >

> > If existing players were likely to purchase the expansion that contains a new race anyway, any financial gain from it would be neglible.

>

> Some did, yes. Some others fled even though they weren't required to play pandas. :pensive:

> As for financial gain? Extra character slot sales...

But I doubt enough new players would come to GW2 specifically because a new race was added to make up the cost to implement one.

I also doubt there would be enough people buying extra character slots to make up the cost to implement one. Even more unlikely as players would most likely demand free character slots like they did with HoT.

It’s not a financial gain simply because they can make sales on character slots. There’s more to it than that.