Tonics to Outfits. It's still time.

Rauderi.8706

myself I find clothing tonics and tonics in general noting but a problem for me . which I just sell them on the trading post or toss them in the trash if I can not sell them . they do not even have a slot in mat storage for these things . much rather they went back to making these skins again instead at least that way once you got them when you get them again you can get mats out of them or sell them on the trading post for others to have

It's a shame that so many players care about immersion. I'm a huge sucker for the "casual" look in video games. I want jeans and a hoodie or tank top. To some that's boring but to each their own. And I really like that look. It has never stopped bothering me since the day I started GW2 that I can't just slay dragons in laze around clothes.

I mean there are weapon skins like the "Improvised" set that allow you to use a broken chair for a shield and sunglasses or fuzzy hat skins. Why are normal clothes so out of the question ):

> @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

> It's a shame that so many players care about immersion. I'm a huge sucker for the "casual" look in video games. I want jeans and a hoodie or tank top. To some that's boring but to each their own. And I really like that look. It has never stopped bothering me since the day I started GW2 that I can't just slay dragons in laze around clothes.

>

> I mean there are weapon skins like the "Improvised" set that allow you to use a broken chair for a shield and sunglasses or fuzzy hat skins. Why are normal clothes so out of the question ):

While jeans and aviator sunglasses might be out of theme, they're nothing compared to some of the immersion-wrecking of some other gear pieces or legendaries.

So I don't see why not. :)

Some of the outfits are fine, but many suffer from some problems in their attempts to look unique.

There are only but so many magitech things we can have before it gets redundant: mad scientist, Taimi, aetherblade/magitech gear skins.

Over-designed to the point of questionable or hideous: Slayers, Sentinel, etc

Creepy faces: Daydreamer's, Champion of Tyria, Grenth (whooboy the reddit thread on that one...)

Meanwhile, some of us are *begging* for simple and elegant looks like Monk, Noble, and our old original Town Clothes.

The most frustrating thing in this endless discussion about town clothing is that solution can't be simpler.

Looks, models, outfit system etc. everythings already there, devs have to just aid dye channels and it's ready.

Town clothing as outfits, most players satisfied (I guess) end of discussion.

I would be happy enough even it it was limited to the [default town clothes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Common_Clothing_Tonic "default town clothes").

They would be perfect to be the one outfit everyone gets the first time they reach level 17. When the [Level up rewards](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level_rewards "Level up reward") talk about the Wardrobe. Even free accounts, because it's different for each race, and it isn't too flashy. So it's perfect to give player a taste of the system, introduce them into outfits, and lure them into getting more.

So players would get it the next time they reach level 17 or log in with a character over level 17. A great nice surprise everyone would see in their mail. Just imagine all those kids smiling.

> @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> I would be happy enough even it it was limited to the [default town clothes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Common_Clothing_Tonic "default town clothes").

>

> They would be perfect to be the one outfit everyone gets the first time they reach level 17. When the [Level up rewards](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level_rewards "Level up reward") talk about the Wardrobe. Even free accounts, because it's different for each race, and it isn't too flashy. So it's perfect to give player a taste of the system, introduce them into outfits, and lure them into getting more.

>

> So players would get it the next time they reach level 17 or log in with a character over level 17. A great nice surprise everyone would see in their mail. Just imagine all those kids smiling.

*_~lowers hoodie~_*

I like this idea.

I agree, and this has been suggested and requested for so long! Ever since they changed the system and please ANet, we want to use Town clothes as they were meant to be! Dyeable, everlasting and looking good to wear!

Skins, outfits, do anything but remove the damn tonic-timer of them, :'(

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> > I would be happy enough even it it was limited to the [default town clothes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Common_Clothing_Tonic "default town clothes").

> >

> > They would be perfect to be the one outfit everyone gets the first time they reach level 17. When the [Level up rewards](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level_rewards "Level up reward") talk about the Wardrobe. Even free accounts, because it's different for each race, and it isn't too flashy. So it's perfect to give player a taste of the system, introduce them into outfits, and lure them into getting more.

> >

> > So players would get it the next time they reach level 17 or log in with a character over level 17. A great nice surprise everyone would see in their mail. Just imagine all those kids smiling.

>

> *_~lowers hoodie~_*

>

> I like this idea.

~lowers hoodie~ has been in the game already I seen countless number of guards with them . which look super ugly not sure why they like them but their sure seams to be lot of them using them in the game I have noticed

All existing infinite tonics, town clothes and "creature"/other tonics, upon use should unlock their outfit version.

=> this way, you can use any tonic while i combat (except WvW/PvP for fair play / balance reason)

=> Tonic with skills can still be used ... but seriously, who use these ? (except for Halloween dailies? xD)

> @Seiken.3176 said:

> All existing infinite tonics, town clothes and "creature"/other tonics, upon use should unlock their outfit version.

> => this way, you can use any tonic while i combat (except WvW/PvP for fair play / balance reason)

> => Tonic with skills can still be used ... but seriously, who use these ? (except for Halloween dailies? xD)

I mean . . I kinda want a Kodan outfit. Maybe give it a few dye channels? :3