What's happening with the Tengu currently?

Zibbles.6349

Any news on what the Tengu are doing behind their giant wall since Primordus and Jormag were put back to sleep? Any chance of the PC getting to visit the Tengu behind their wall? What goods do the Tengu usually trade with the outside world? Do the Tengu have ships of their own which they use to patrol their waters or trade with the poeples of Tyria? What is the traditional diet of a Tengu? Will the story incorporate more Tengu going forward?

I think it was mentioned somewhere, maybe in Caledon, that they trade high-quality weapons. I wonder what sorts of things they get in return though - things like cloth, raw metal (there's not an infinite amount of it inside the wall), food? They probably have enough territory to raise livestock and farm with, but it depends on how many Tengu there are.

I believe a few more Tengu appeared after fighting Zhaitan and Mordremoth, and seem more amenable to the possibility of an alliance. Hopefully that will go somewhere. I really wonder what it's like in there, and with the introduction of gliders we'd have a way to navigate even if they modified it to be high-up/gusty/etc. Can you imagine flying around with Tengu NPCs for dynamic events? =)

The quetzal > @"Rognik.2579" said:

> At this point, I'd be satisfied with more friendly/neutral tengu around the world. There were the aggressive tribes in the Maguuma, but they were just scattered enemies that didn't really offer any insight on their culture at all.

That Emperor of theirs can't rule forever. Let's hope his successor is more open to the world.

I'd like to see more of them, even if they have to be hostile.

I'm still a bit disappointed we never see Avicara in the Shiverpeaks, hostile or not.

Since Quetzal didn't go into the Domain of Winds, that means not all tengu are jammed in there like sardines.

So I hope we'll see them one day somewhere in Deldrimor Fort.

Now that I think of it, Kensho Arrowsoul seems like he could be descendant of Avicara, since he has white feathers and a red beak.

But the red in his break is quite brighter than avicara, and the white of his feathers less bright.

He's the only guild NPC with a model that doesn't look like player character. And the only tengu with that model too.

He was also the first guild miniature I bought.