Tomb of Primeval Kings Mastery Point

Parlance.9584

> @"Nevaahe.6308" said:

> They did indeed state it was intended for the griffon, which I thought was painfully obvious.

...and painfully obnoxious, considering it's supposed to be some "secret" bonus endgame mount, hidden behing a bunch of running around and 12 bucks USD worth of converting gems to 250g. There's no way I'm farming 250g for that.

> @"ophidic.1279" said:

> Running around wasting time trying to look for a legit way to get that mastery point, because a ton of other times puzzles that look impossible have some hidden weird way to approach them.

yea a lot of us tried many approaches, but there are plenty friendly mesmer's. I portalled a bunch of people up there.

Edit: Sure enough, this method no longer works. :(

There is still a way to get there. All you need is a hopper with advanced jumping. The hole at the top is the alternate way. You need to hop on the bone wall far toward the west from the tomb's entrance, jump atop the crystal ledges, and then slowly make your way on top of the terrain and toward that hole. Once there, it's a bit tricky, but you should be able to glide to the mastery point. Be careful. If you jump down the hole's ledge, you could get trapped in the terrain. If so, you'll have to repeat everything since there's no escape outside waypointing. Once you know the route, it's actually very easy to get the mastery point.

Did this successfully a few months before I ever got the griffon. Had to do this again for my wife who used a 'port to friend' since she . . . um . . . had some trouble jumping. Either way, the method I described still works. Good luck!

> @"Parlance.9584" said:

> Would a dev mind releasing some sort of video of the intended way to reach this thing?

> There's a method going around where you basically go out of bounds and glide around an invisible wall but i'm curious to know how you're actually supposed to do it.

That one is *intended* for the griffon, but there are three other ways.

1. Teleport to friend,

2. Practice with the super-springer,

3. Bribing an Anet Dev

I forget where ANet said this, but I know for a fact that they said this is the *only* mastery point specifically designed for the griffon. I think it was in an AMA. I know there are some other tricky ways to get it though.

Here's how to do it with the griffon: you have to get on top of one of the eagle statue's heads (Springer will be your friend. You might try to get there by first getting on the top of a snake statue. Maneuvering is tricky.). From just above the beak of the eagle you have to jump and flap twice to the first pillar, and then you can jump and flap once to the middle where the mastery is. I wrote this while away from computer, so I hope it's all accurate--I think it is.

(Annnd somebody above probably already beat me to all of this. Anyway! Maybe it's helpful lol).

> @"ophidic.1279" said:

> Running around wasting time trying to look for a legit way to get that mastery point, because a ton of other times puzzles that look impossible have some hidden weird way to approach them.

Because it's for the griffon mount. Clearly you are not supposed to get it yet.

> @"Llethander.3972" said:

> There we go.

I think I springer hopped from the front to the cobra head if I recall correctly, but deff griffoned it.

I think I also was able to raptor jump to one of the ledges as well. I did it near release so I no longer remember well.

But as another poster said, this one was designed with griffon in mind, not the others.

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > Devs said that this mastery point is designed for the griffon mount.

>

> Yeah. Well kitten the devs. A prestige item should not be required for open world content in a casual game like gw2.

But, the mastery point _is not required either_...

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > Devs said that this mastery point is designed for the griffon mount.

>

> Yeah. Well kitten the devs. A prestige item should not be required for open world content in a casual game like gw2.

Since Mastery Points don't count toward Map Completion, getting *all* of them is definitely a completionist goal. I'd consider the Griffon a completionist goal as well. Locking one completionist goal behind another seems perfectly fine to me.

With Springer, it is easy enough to reach the column top of the one near the one aside of the mastery point column. However, the jump from this column to the next does work neither with springer nor with raptor, because of the ceiling. That's where the Griffon becomes mandatory.

As I have decided not to go for Griffon (I can't manage landing with it and I am therefore always back to using raptor/springer/gliding. No point to pay 250 g for a mount I will rarely use), I will never be able to do them all, what I would have like to reach (of course, I can get a port, but well....). :/

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the thing:

When you first get to Elona, there are mastery points that are designed in such a way that you can't get to them until you unlock the next mount. In other words, there are points that you can't get without the springer, without the skimmer, and without the jackal. This one is no different in that it is designed specifically for the griffon mount. Fortunately, it is not required to have this mastery point. So, if you can't (or won't) endure what is needed to gain the griffon, it's not the end of the world.

I do give kudos to those who have found another way to gain this mastery point. Finding alternate (legitimate) ways of doing things is half the game.

• 7 months later...