Can we get a server status page on guildwars2.com ?

There is clearly an issue ATM with the servers that handle the login server, LFG, etc. I'm not the only one impacted - several in game are pointing it out, and there is a lot of commentary in the reddit as well.

Most online games offer a server status page that will provide information like this that is readily accessible. Is it possible to have one for anet established? Or if one exists, make it easier to find? (I spent a good few minutes looking for today).

We have people in map chat making all kinds of senseless suggestions to people (reboot your computer, call your ISP, reset your TCP/IP stack) that are going to cause more harm than good - it would be way better for the folks at Anet who know there is an issue to acknowledge it. Even if you don't have an ETA on a fix.

> @"hestiansun.1425" said:

> There is clearly an issue ATM with the servers that handle the login server, LFG, etc. I'm not the only one impacted - several in game are pointing it out, and there is a lot of commentary in the reddit as well.

> Most online games offer a server status page that will provide information like this that is readily accessible. Is it possible to have one for anet established? Or if one exists, make it easier to find? (I spent a good few minutes looking for today).

> We have people in map chat making all kinds of senseless suggestions to people (reboot your computer, call your ISP, reset your TCP/IP stack) that are going to cause more harm than good - it would be way better for the folks at Anet who know there is an issue to acknowledge it. Even if you don't have an ETA on a fix.

Elsewhere, we got pointed at http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/ which shows non-trivial amounts of trouble with that company, who provide network transit to

many people, and are network-wise close to ANet. It is entirely possible that the ANet servers were one hundred percent fine during this, and a status page would have reflected that.

The Internet is a complex set of systems, and your packets are handled by an average of around five companies as they travel from your computer to the ANet servers and back, depending where you sit.

Instead of everyone jumping into a thread and pointing at a single source ("ANet", "your connection", etc) what would truly be useful would be to have people test the connection and identify where the problem is. The great thing about evidence based debugging is (a) it works well in cases where the problem is with an end user system or ISP, (b) makes it crystal clear when the ANet server, not the network, is to blame, and (b) helps ANet provide more proof to their suppliers to work with their suppliers to fix these third party network SNAFUs.

I'm not aware of any useful guide to using WinMTR / PingPlotter / etc with GW2 at the moment; is there one? If not, I'll draft one up and get it in the forums, and we can see how effective it is at helping identify where problems lie...

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> The great thing about evidence based debugging is (a) it works well in cases where the problem is with an end user system or ISP, (b) makes it crystal clear when the GGG server, not the network, is to blame, and (b) helps ANet provide more proof to their suppliers to work with their suppliers to fix these third party network SNAFUs.

Thought you looked familiar. It won't be a GGG server for GW2. ;)

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > The great thing about evidence based debugging is (a) it works well in cases where the problem is with an end user system or ISP, (b) makes it crystal clear when the GGG server, not the network, is to blame, and (b) helps ANet provide more proof to their suppliers to work with their suppliers to fix these third party network SNAFUs.

>

> Thought you looked familiar. It won't be a GGG server for GW2. ;)

Damn. Yah. That one slipped through...

As of yesterday evening I am encountering similar issues. Can make it to character screen and when I hit 'play' the button becomes greyed out and one of two things happens, I either am booted backed to launcher and given an error. Or I'm able to see a loading screen, possibly make it into the game to play for a few seconds before the client crashes and forces me to the desktop.