Underwater changes+ E3 = New expansion?

Obviously many people have thought of this possibility. The real question is, would Anet go to E3 just to announce an expansion? Is it likely?

Or let's put it this way - If there are changes to be made to underwater combat, wouldn't they be part of a possible new expansion, a perk available only to those who own it, just like mounts in PoF or gliding in HoT?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arenanet would only announce new expansion when were on the last ep of living world season 4. So since we do not know how long the season will be, I doubt expac 3 will be this soon tbh. However arenanet has given free features in between expansions. So to say this. (If) ep 3 is last then yes they would announce. But I highly doubt arenanet will end living world season 4 so soon. Living world season 4 has been the best living world season story so far. I haven’t played 1. But compared to the others. 4 is most enjoyable. So I hope it doesn’t yet.

If we were given how many episodes for season 4 I could give a estimate. But since we don’t know how many chapters it could vary big time. Living world seasons chapters been from what 8 chapters to like 12? I could be wrong. So we could say after this one chapter it could be 10 to 20 months. Not including breaks, or added festivals that delay time. But I could be very wrong with date. Like I said it matters by how many episodes they will make. And if they will make an expac after. They could make season 5 before the next expac since 1, and 2 came before hot.

However there is a rumor that arenanet is going to make a huge announcement at a game festival. (Forgot the name). And a new feature or something is added, Sometime in the summer.

So all these updates could be preparing for that type of announcement.

if new expansion comes at the end of living story season then yeah they can announce it on E3 and release it by the end of the year.

Imo Living story 4 will most likely be like ls3 in size, 6 chapters and expansion after, so its possible we get expansion by the end of this year or start of next year.

> @"EpicName.4523" said:

> The real question is, would Anet go to E3 just to announce an expansion? Is it likely?

Unlikely, but possible. Unlike PoF, HoT was marketed over a 9 month period, initially being revealed at PAX and later making a brief appearance at E3. If they announce it now, they'd essentially be doing something similar, with its launch date over a year from now.

At the current rate, there's nearly a year left in season 4, so unless they speed it up, cut it short or make it have nothing to do with the next expansion, announcing it now would be a little too soon. If the season continues on like this, they'd only reveal it at E3 if they _really_ didn't want to miss it, since they still have PAX later this year and early next year. That said, they should have had extra time to work on season 4, so why has it been so delayed, with the mid-season episode likely launching close to E3? If it was intentionally delayed, and the remaining episodes continue on the 2 month schedule, that's only 6 months until the finale, assuming 6 episodes again, which would make an announcement at E3 somewhat likely. However, consider that there were 700 days between PoF and HoT, whereas this would only be around 500 at 2 months between episodes. PoF was however slightly delayed due to the problems with HoT, plus they're likely better at making them now and did want quicker expansions, so it's certainly plausible.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> Arenanet would only announce new expansion when were on the last ep of living world season 4.

Repeating how PoF played out would be a mistake, since it was essentially only marketed to existing players. They should have at least 6 months for marketing, revealing it earlier in the season and using the remainder of it to build up or into it.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> please @anet... no underwater expansion!! unless it's like atlantis or something... we all hate underwater combat

I actually feel like that but then I thought it might be something different than we think..

Will be nice with flying/air combat..

I'd be happy with any new content .. I'm very easily pleased ??

Why revamp Under Water Combat if they don't have Future Under Water Content planned?

I think there's probably going to be an Under Water Raid and Fractal this Summer to get everyone used to the new Combat and to test out new Under Water mechanics.

Next Expansion will be Water based, every expansion has focused on a Mastery Feature and Map Type.

Heart of Thorns was vertical and focused on Gliding. Path of Fire was more horizontal with maps but had unique terrains for mounts. Water expansion will be vertical again but will focus on water currents and different types of water mounts depending on the ocean depth?

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> Why revamp Under Water Combat if they don't have Future Under Water Content planned?

>

> I think there's probably going to be an Under Water Raid and Fractal this Summer to get everyone used to the new Combat and to test out new Under Water mechanics.

>

> Next Expansion will be Water based, every expansion has focused on a Mastery Feature and Map Type.

>

> Heart of Thorns was vertical and focused on Gliding. Path of Fire was more horizontal with maps but had unique terrains for mounts. Water expansion will be vertical again but will focus on water currents and different types of water mounts depending on the ocean depth?

This This this this this!!! IM SO HAPPY! They’re doing just what I hoped for - ease players back into this kinda content and slowly fix and improve parts of it for a DSD expansion!

> Why revamp Under Water Combat if they don't have Future Under Water Content planned?

>

> I think there's probably going to be an Under Water Raid and Fractal this Summer to get everyone used to the new Combat and to test out new Under Water mechanics.

>

> Next Expansion will be Water based, every expansion has focused on a Mastery Feature and Map Type.

>

> Heart of Thorns was vertical and focused on Gliding. Path of Fire was more horizontal with maps but had unique terrains for mounts. Water expansion will be vertical again but will focus on water currents and different types of water mounts depending on the ocean depth?

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

>

> This This this this this!!! IM SO HAPPY! They’re doing just what I hoped for - ease players back into this kinda content and slowly fix and improve parts of it for a DSD expansion!

Couldn't agree more. I can't wait to see where this all leads!

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > please @anet... no underwater expansion!! unless it's like atlantis or something... we all hate underwater combat

>

> I actually feel like that but then I thought it might be something different than we think..

> Will be nice with flying/air combat..

> I'd be happy with any new content .. I'm very easily pleased ??

yeah i'd rather have a sky-themed expansion... and airship battles (sort of like zhaitan episode but more epic, more combat-engaged and more open-worlded).

but if it has to be underwater, i hope they make like beautiful atlantis cities with ruins, and runes and all that mythology junk. and that we can at least walk inside the cities or something instead of swimming all the time.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > please @anet... no underwater expansion!! unless it's like atlantis or something... we all hate underwater combat

> >

> > I actually feel like that but then I thought it might be something different than we think..

> > Will be nice with flying/air combat..

> > I'd be happy with any new content .. I'm very easily pleased ??

>

> yeah i'd rather have a sky-themed expansion... and airship battles (sort of like zhaitan episode but more epic, more combat-engaged and more open-worlded).

> but if it has to be underwater, i hope they make like beautiful atlantis cities with ruins, and runes and all that mythology junk. and that we can at least walk inside the cities or something instead of swimming all the time.

Canopy in HoT says remember me?

> > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > Arenanet would only announce new expansion when were on the last ep of living world season 4.

>

> Repeating how PoF played out would be a mistake, since it was essentially only marketed to existing players. They should have at least 6 months for marketing, revealing it earlier in the season and using the remainder of it to build up or into it.

You act like pof did horrible in sales XD. We’re they not top sales in amazon mmos, and amazon is one of the best sellers? Yea they did bad marketing (sarcasm).

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > please @anet... no underwater expansion!! unless it's like atlantis or something... we all hate underwater combat

> > >

> > > I actually feel like that but then I thought it might be something different than we think..

> > > Will be nice with flying/air combat..

> > > I'd be happy with any new content .. I'm very easily pleased ??

> >

> > yeah i'd rather have a sky-themed expansion... and airship battles (sort of like zhaitan episode but more epic, more combat-engaged and more open-worlded).

> > but if it has to be underwater, i hope they make like beautiful atlantis cities with ruins, and runes and all that mythology junk. and that we can at least walk inside the cities or something instead of swimming all the time.

>

> Canopy in HoT says remember me?

well the patriarch fight was epic in VB... but i imagine the sky-themed expansion to be less tentacle-japanese-horror-fiction-play... and more like these scenes in this FFXIV trailer at 3:35 minutes... not saying Anet should copypaste the aesthetics of FF... but something similar would be nice...

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > please @anet... no underwater expansion!! unless it's like atlantis or something... we all hate underwater combat

> > > >

> > > > I actually feel like that but then I thought it might be something different than we think..

> > > > Will be nice with flying/air combat..

> > > > I'd be happy with any new content .. I'm very easily pleased ??

> > >

> > > yeah i'd rather have a sky-themed expansion... and airship battles (sort of like zhaitan episode but more epic, more combat-engaged and more open-worlded).

> > > but if it has to be underwater, i hope they make like beautiful atlantis cities with ruins, and runes and all that mythology junk. and that we can at least walk inside the cities or something instead of swimming all the time.

> >

> > Canopy in HoT says remember me?

>

> well the patriarch fight was epic in VB... but i imagine the sky-themed expansion to be less tentacle-japanese-horror-fiction-play... and more like these scenes in this FFXIV trailer at 3:35 minutes... not saying Anet should copypaste the aesthetics of FF... but something similar would be nice...

>

>

What about the Mouth of Mordremoth fight, that involved a lot of gliding, let's not forget the gliding mechanics used in Bloodstone Fen.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> Arenanet would only announce new expansion when were on the last ep of living world season 4. So since we do not know how long the season will be, I doubt expac 3 will be this soon tbh. However arenanet has given free features in between expansions. So to say this. (If) ep 3 is last then yes they would announce. But I highly doubt arenanet will end living world season 4 so soon. Living world season 4 has been the best living world season story so far. I haven’t played 1. But compared to the others. 4 is most enjoyable. So I hope it doesn’t yet.

>

> If we were given how many episodes for season 4 I could give a estimate. But since we don’t know how many chapters it could vary big time. Living world seasons chapters been from what 8 chapters to like 12? I could be wrong. So we could say after this one chapter it could be 10 to 20 months. Not including breaks, or added festivals that delay time. But I could be very wrong with date. Like I said it matters by how many episodes they will make. And if they will make an expac after. They could make season 5 before the next expac since 1, and 2 came before hot.

>

> However there is a rumor that arenanet is going to make a huge announcement at a game festival. (Forgot the name). And a new feature or something is added, Sometime in the summer.

>

> So all these updates could be preparing for that type of announcement.

They are just updating the underwater combat. Long, long awaited like sitting in chairs.

I'm pretty sure there were rumors PoF being worked on shortly after HoT release. Well not Path of Fire exactly but another Expansion. I'm sure there already working on the next expansion, but i'd assume thats 2years away unless PoF was so easy(for us :D), they're gunna start rolling out new content at a faster pace. (unlikely)

Everyone is talking about new expansion, but this just seems to me like more PoF content.

But now im gunna go google the heck out of the rumor u mentioned above :D

**Now to dream endlessly about the possibilities (that prolly wont happen for a very long. long. long, long. long. long, long. long. long, long. long. long, time.)**

So they actually gunna work and improve underwater skills? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/coming-soon-changes-to-underwater-skills/

Does this mean we gunna get an underwater mount? OH please gives us and underwater mounty. Pretty PAHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Potentially new underwater maps? I'm not much on the lore bit of gw2 but are there many water areas in the desert regions other then coast lines? I guess they might do a living world map in another area like last last seasons all over the place maps. So it's possible, but idk if its probable.

Since we dreaming.... YES i'd love and next expansion to have more underwater combat.

Can we also place decorations underwater in guild halls? I thought i'd be able to originally, what a let down. I had my underwater sea cave all picked out in Gilded Hollow then got permissions and found out nopes can't do that either :(

AS to the comment above:

**TENGU SKY MAPS YES! YES! PLEASE!**

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

>

> > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > Arenanet would only announce new expansion when were on the last ep of living world season 4.

> >

> > Repeating how PoF played out would be a mistake, since it was essentially only marketed to existing players. They should have at least 6 months for marketing, revealing it earlier in the season and using the remainder of it to build up or into it.

>

> You act like pof did horrible in sales XD. We’re they not top sales in amazon mmos, and amazon is one of the best sellers? Yea they did bad marketing (sarcasm).

Hmm. I got my hands on sale charts not too long ago and it seemed like PoF did really bad when compared to other major releases. I honestly think ANet needs to let things breathe and explore more of the mechanics like they did with HoT. I miss all of those wacky streams and in-depth videos. They should be the ones doing those, not the fans.

Also, they haven't made any CGI trailer since HoT's launch... so.