5/8/18 Ranger Notes

Soilder.3607

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > i'm totally agreed with the changes, now anet has room to improve druid's damage too , old druid wass doing too much, at least on the spvp side ,

>

> Why would you go to a spec that's meant as a healer+ some offensive support for damage when Soulbeast offers it in spades by comparison?

> Is this sarcasm? I cant even tell anymore these days. :/

This.

Druid was fine in a healing/bunker role, it doesn’t need damage. Soulbeast is your spec if you want to pewpew.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > i'm totally agreed with the changes, now anet has room to improve druid's damage too , old druid wass doing too much, at least on the spvp side ,

>

> Why would you go to a spec that's meant as a healer+ some offensive support for damage when Soulbeast offers it in spades by comparison?

> Is this sarcasm? I cant even tell anymore these days. :/

Did you ever had a fight against a druid? , used to be one the most anoying things in this game , they were able to 2v1 with np , like i said before i'm glad that they nerfed some of the heals, because anet now can give back some of the damage they took away a few patches before and by the way, the heals on druid are stronger now on celestial form if you pick the proper trait.

> @"michelada.2947" said:

> > @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > > i'm totally agreed with the changes, now anet has room to improve druid's damage too , old druid wass doing too much, at least on the spvp side ,

> >

> > Why would you go to a spec that's meant as a healer+ some offensive support for damage when Soulbeast offers it in spades by comparison?

> > Is this sarcasm? I cant even tell anymore these days. :/

>

> Did you ever had a fight against a druid? , used to be one the most anoying things in this game , they were able to 2v1 with np , like i said before i'm glad that they nerfed some of the heals, because anet now can give back some of the damage they took away a few patches before and by the way, the heals on druid are stronger now on celestial form if you pick the proper trait.

No, the healing for the Druid player themself is heavily nerfed regardless of traiting. The "new" trait only affects outgoing Healing, and they aren't "stronger," they basically break even because of the nerfs.

> @"bearshaman.3421" said:

> So what about non-druid spec healing options? We can still crank out regen like crazy (resounding timbre) and there is other heals we have. Can ranger/druid still be a viable healer without CAF? I'm honestly asking, I haven't spent much time on druid of late.

There are Soulbeast variants but they are just okay. Magi or Minstrel Druid are still the best healing options for Ranger compared to core or Soulbeast.

> @"bearshaman.3421" said:

> So what about non-druid spec healing options? We can still crank out regen like crazy (resounding timbre) and there is other heals we have. Can ranger/druid still be a viable healer without CAF? I'm honestly asking, I haven't spent much time on druid of late.

In PvE healer Druid is fine as long as you pick up Magi or Minstrel gear, PvP and WvW is where these nerfs are gonna hurt.

I really hope now that Druids been gutted they at least revert the 20s CD on CA in PvP now.

> @"Soilder.3607" said:

> Secondly, druid changes seem to be directed at forcing druids to choose between either healing and might stacking.

>

Well they had to find a way for other grandmaster traits to compete with Grace of the Land, now there is that option.

The after-patch Druid should have more healing than patch, not less, using the Lingering Light grandmaster trait.

So people cry that they can no longer be best healer and at the same time best might provider? Why the hate for diversity?

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > @"bearshaman.3421" said:

> > So what about non-druid spec healing options? We can still crank out regen like crazy (resounding timbre) and there is other heals we have. Can ranger/druid still be a viable healer without CAF? I'm honestly asking, I haven't spent much time on druid of late.

>

> There are Soulbeast variants but they are just okay. Magi or Minstrel Druid are still the best healing options for Ranger compared to core or Soulbeast.

I've been running a bunch of different variants(mainly stats/runes/sigils wise) of Soul Beast for kicks for a while now. Invigorating Bond is really nice especially when I run high Healing Power and Outgoing. I can heal up to about 20K with Invigorating Bond and Spiritual Reprieve times however many Allies are in range. It's a great "emergency heal" or to heal someone right after you rez them. But I've been playing around with a bit more balanced build as well, and it's doing not bad, just not as much healing. I just enjoy using Owl to Swoop to someone who is low, and watch them gain almost full health. But to get the Max healing there is a trick.

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > I really hope now that Druids been gutted they at least revert the 20s CD on CA in PvP now.

>

> Doubtful (including WvW's 15s CD) so as long as Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow remain.

I think Wvw went back to 10 seconds for WvW in the last update. So compared to before that patch Druid as a healer should actually be in a better spot there. (Not good in large scale but still better than pre march patch)

> @"Hepatolith.6389" said:

> I think Wvw went back to 10 seconds for WvW in the last update. So compared to before that patch Druid as a healer should actually be in a better spot there. (Not good in large scale but still better than pre march patch)

Ah, yes. You are right. Just logged in to see for myself. Thanks for the correction. :smile: Haven't been on Druid in WvW for quite a spell since I play Necro there.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Soilder.3607" said:

> > Secondly, druid changes seem to be directed at forcing druids to choose between either healing and might stacking.

> >

>

> Well they had to find a way for other grandmaster traits to compete with Grace of the Land, now there is that option.

> The after-patch Druid should have more healing than patch, not less, using the Lingering Light grandmaster trait.

> So people cry that they can no longer be best healer and at the same time best might provider? Why the hate for diversity?

The changes are fine for a PvE perspective. For years now I've been pointing at the fact that the double role druid had as both an extremely good buffer and a good healer wouldn't last if Anet wanted diversity for raid comps. Anet's intentions shouldn't come as a surprise for anyone.

However, Lingering Light does nothing to self-healing. Meaning they nerfed druid sustain in pvp even further.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> Several buffs here to various builds outside raid druid, this is not even close to being the worst patch since launch.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> You clearly haven't played since launch if you truly think that.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that people tend to forget that balance updates heavily impact PvP and only marginally affect PvE. Lol. From a PvP perspective this patch is just bad. Good luck with your shitty underwater combat though.

> @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > Several buffs here to various builds outside raid druid, this is not even close to being the worst patch since launch.

>

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > You clearly haven't played since launch if you truly think that.

>

> Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that people tend to forget that balance updates heavily impact PvP and only marginally affect PvE. Lol. From a PvP perspective this patch is just bad. Good luck with your kitten underwater combat though.

>

>

Now that's a salty comment if i've ever seen one. No need to get all hurt.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > Awesome patch, I LOVE it. Can finally run frost trap with a clean conscience

>

> Wait the 25% dmg increase actually had an effect >.>

> Still no goid trap but well fune by me i deviated from trapper builds since PoF.

Sorry it was sarcastic, I would not encourage using it :P

> @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > Awesome patch, I LOVE it. Can finally run frost trap with a clean conscience

> >

> > Wait the 25% dmg increase actually had an effect >.>

> > Still no goid trap but well fune by me i deviated from trapper builds since PoF.

>

> Sorry it was sarcastic, I would not encourage using it :P

Yeah right, forgot that sarcasm comes to you as natural as breathing^^

Traps just need some utility. Only ST is good, rest is garbage and only has use for dmg.

> @"michelada.2947" said:

> > @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > > i'm totally agreed with the changes, now anet has room to improve druid's damage too , old druid wass doing too much, at least on the spvp side ,

> >

> > Why would you go to a spec that's meant as a healer+ some offensive support for damage when Soulbeast offers it in spades by comparison?

> > Is this sarcasm? I cant even tell anymore these days. :/

>

> Did you ever had a fight against a druid? , used to be one the most anoying things in this game , they were able to 2v1 with np , like i said before i'm glad that they nerfed some of the heals, because anet now can give back some of the damage they took away a few patches before and by the way, the heals on druid are stronger now on celestial form if you pick the proper trait.

1- 'used to'. You should of stopped right there.

Lemme TLDR your post "anything annoying to me as a player should be nerfed"-- there ya go, nailed it. Feel free to edit your post.

> @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > Several buffs here to various builds outside raid druid, this is not even close to being the worst patch since launch.

>

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > You clearly haven't played since launch if you truly think that.

>

> Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that people tend to forget that balance updates heavily impact PvP and only marginally affect PvE. Lol. From a PvP perspective this patch is just bad. Good luck with your kitten underwater combat though.

>

>

Excuse me? I play both modes. The fact that his patch killed off pvp druid doesn't make it the worst balance ever for ranger.

If you paid attention to ranger around when GW2 launched in 2012, you'd know.

Those buffs apply to pvp soulbeast aswell. Hence, not "just bad".

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> > > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > > Several buffs here to various builds outside raid druid, this is not even close to being the worst patch since launch.

> >

> > > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > You clearly haven't played since launch if you truly think that.

> >

> > Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that people tend to forget that balance updates heavily impact PvP and only marginally affect PvE. Lol. From a PvP perspective this patch is just bad. Good luck with your kitten underwater combat though.

> >

> >

>

> Excuse me? I play both modes. The fact that his patch killed off pvp druid doesn't make it the worst balance ever for ranger.

> If you paid attention to ranger around when GW2 launched in 2012, you'd know.

>

> Those buffs apply to pvp soulbeast aswell. Hence, not "just bad".

After actually playing a good amount of PvP as Druid, I’m gonna say Druids not even dead in PvP. At least not when it’s played as a bunkery support like I’ve been playing it as since HoT came out, Hell with lingering light I feel STRONGER overall than before the patch.

If you try to be a bruisery side point camper Druid you may find yourself having a bad time though, at least with the avatar or w/e amulet it was build, menders should be fine since the nerf was only to base numbers, not the coefficients.

And as a veteran ranger this wasn’t our worst patch notes yet, not by a long shot.