Dear commanders: Please... command. And to those who do: thank you for making it such a fun time.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> I usually tag up at big events when there is no tag yet.

> Not for more purpose than keeping the community together, and give some basic commands like “ bring CC for this phase “ or

> “ do this, or don’t do that “.

> I’m in no sense a veteran commander, I just do what I can.

>

> What I really dislike is, almost every time, there is (at least) one guy who starts shouting “noob commander” in varying degrees of insulting. i’ll report them if it gets too bad.

> But then I wonder, if I’m doing such a poor job in your eyes.

> *why didn’t you tag up?*

I have ran into the same thing. Commanding at something I have done over 100 times before. Herding kittens, giving instructions, running where needed, the whole 9 yards. On the rare occasions where something unusual happens I will admit surprise ..... and get 'noob commander' thrown in my face.

I have basically the same reaction. If the person can do better why were they not tagged up and organizing things when I arrived? Oh yeah, it is because it is easier to be a critic than do the work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

despite the advantages of the tag, i really can't take them seriously anyway.

a tag doesn't determine if you're good at being a leader, experience of both the game and life does.

saying that a command tag gives you the skills to command is the same kind of dog witted thought line as buying a legendary weapon with real money and claiming to be a better player, i might not be such a rich player but i know tactics and leadership better then allot of players i have met.

Some commanders are better than others but at the end of the day it is their group - if you are unhappy with how a commander does things, you can either request them to do things differently or organize your own thing. Even mentor tag can get you quite far, or you can collaborate events with friends.

I have a commander tag but I tag up rarely as I am prone to perfectionism and do not like to tag up unless I carefully plan it beforehand.