Revoke PvP Titles from Wintraders

Blue.1207

Title says it all, but I’ll add a bit more input. The fact that wintraders, and ToS abusers are still able to walk around with these “prestigious” titles (and items) remains (at the very least) an insult to the players of the game mode that participate fairly and with honour, or whatever form sportsmanship takes in this game.

ANET should strip these players of their titles and let only those who reach the top fairly wear them.

Kinda feel the same way, I made a thread about this a few years back.

I still firmly believe that titles and ranking should be **CHARACTER** bound, not account. I've seen tons of people with titles that are barely bronze/silver level players, and it's not any kind of question as to how they got it. FoTM rolling wins games, and Anet hasn't done anything about it.

Oh you have that really cool Legend title from back in HoT? I can't tell most of the time how they got it, because chances are they either earned it legit or played something like Bunker Mesmer or Condi Rev and button mashed their way to Legend.

That being said, if you actually earn a title on a class, it should be for that class and not for every character on your account. What's the point of working for something and feeling good about it when some bronze-silver level player can get Legend because of a build guide on Metabattle?

**EDIT**

Case in point, I just recently came back to the game and decided to queue a few unranked games. I 1v2'd two people with "legend" titles on my own home point as Core D/D Celestial Elementalist -- after having taken almost a 2 year break from the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad at the game, but the fact that I can 1v2 people that are supposedly "Legend Rank" without much issue after not playing for years, you already know they were boosted by their class.

People make way too many assumptions about somebody's ability based on that person's title.. It's the mark of an inexperienced player.

I've never pursued titles and never acknowledged them.

Keep in mind for the monthly AT gizmo icon reward, the players with the most skill always win them, there's never been a throw or wintrade on stream. They are definitely items that signify the person is top of the line.

Not to say you can't be both a account sharer/ranked season win-trader scum and also be a legit top 10 player. A few are both.

But the point is that monthly AT gizmos are a legit show of skill that you can't attain if you're unworthy.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> But the point is that monthly AT gizmos are a legit show of skill that you can't attain if you're unworthy.

They are for now, remember titles once were prestigious. That's beside OP's point though. Point was titles used to mean something and now they are more or less a meme which can hopefully change a bit if only players who earned them got have them. How to do this is another question :/

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> People make way too many assumptions about somebody's ability based on that person's title.. It's the mark of an inexperienced player.

>

> I've never pursued titles and never acknowledged them.

>

> Keep in mind for the monthly AT gizmo icon reward, the players with the most skill always win them, there's never been a throw or wintrade on stream. They are definitely items that signify the person is top of the line.

>

> Not to say you can't be both a account sharer/ranked season win-trader scum and also be a legit top 10 player. A few are both.

>

> But the point is that monthly AT gizmos are a legit show of skill that you can't attain if you're unworthy.

>

Or if you have extra spending money. Sellouts.

> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > People make way too many assumptions about somebody's ability based on that person's title.. It's the mark of an inexperienced player.

> >

> > I've never pursued titles and never acknowledged them.

> >

> > Keep in mind for the monthly AT gizmo icon reward, the players with the most skill always win them, there's never been a throw or wintrade on stream. They are definitely items that signify the person is top of the line.

> >

> > Not to say you can't be both a account sharer/ranked season win-trader scum and also be a legit top 10 player. A few are both.

> >

> > But the point is that monthly AT gizmos are a legit show of skill that you can't attain if you're unworthy.

> >

>

> Or if you have extra spending money. Sellouts.

Hmm.. Buying monthly gizmo seems to not be viable strategy, you'd get it revoked once you got busted

^ that guy also doesn't realize that those players are also friends with the ones who host them

The OP is only partially correct. People who wintraded to get a title should have that specific title removed. However, if they wintraded in the past, got punished, but then proceeded to earn more titles fairly, there's no reason to take those away as well.

However, you can't wintrade in the monthly so everyone who has them has earned them fair and square.

its not like the titles have any prestige at all at this point...PvE players dont give a shit about titles, and PvP/WvW players know about the whole wintrading stuff...whatever i see that player walking with God Of PvP, what I actually see is God of Wintrading...the thing that I dont get it is why? Why do this lol?Is undeniable that they are really skilled players...so why do this kind of stuff?

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> its not like the titles have any prestige at all at this point...PvE players dont give a kitten about titles, and PvP/WvW players know about the whole wintrading stuff...whatever i see that player walking with God Of PvP, what I actually see is God of Wintrading...the thing that I dont get it is why? Why do this lol?Is undeniable that they are really skilled players...so why do this kind of stuff?

They don't lol. I'm not going to deny that some may have wintraded in the past, and there are still wintraders on the leaderboards. However, most of us know who the actual wintraders are. People need to stop crucifying everyone at the top. Like you said yourself, its undeniable they are really good players. So, it stands to reason that they don't need to wintrade to get those titles anyways.

• 4 months later...