Do Dwarves not exist in the lore of this game?

Rebel.6419

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

>

> If i remember correctly, their minds are also connected as the Great Dwarf, no? As if they were a single individual controlling several bodies. If that were true, they could intelligently inhibit broken parts to the point that 3 half dead dwarves become one fully functioning dwarf again

i totally forgot about this Hivemind Part. is it proven fact or was it just mentioned at some Point but never considerated?

cuz that would be indeed a big influence. And it left the question how strong is that Connection cuz we know that they Keep some individuality. the other Hand, those individuality could just be acted to interact better with the other races

> @"norbes.3620" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> >

> > If i remember correctly, their minds are also connected as the Great Dwarf, no? As if they were a single individual controlling several bodies. If that were true, they could intelligently inhibit broken parts to the point that 3 half dead dwarves become one fully functioning dwarf again

>

>

> i totally forgot about this Hivemind Part. is it proven fact or was it just mentioned at some Point but never considerated?

> cuz that would be indeed a big influence. And it left the question how strong is that Connection cuz we know that they Keep some individuality. the other Hand, those individuality could just be acted to interact better with the other races

*The Great Dwarf, although worshiped as a god, is a collective consciousness. When King Jalis Ironhammer performed the Rite of the Great Dwarf and* **linked the minds of the Dwarves**, *they fulfilled the prophecy within the Tome of Rubicon. No one has ever seen the Great Dwarf in the flesh.*

This is taking directly from the wiki. I also seem to remember it was spoken of in the cutscenes, but that by itself may be restricted to the concept of interpretation of wat *linking* means

So that means we can assume there is no Individual Dwarf anymore and Ogden is just pretending to be one in order to do the same Job he did 250 years ago: helping others to fight the Dragons and uniting the races in front of the mutual enemy?

and if all dwarfes are the same Hivemindperson how small parts of this multibodied form is the conciousness of "the great dwarf" able to sense.

ofcourse it could be tha way @"Konig Des Todes.2086" mentioned and the great dwarf is only able to Keep hold of 1 part from a seperated Body wich would normally be the part with the brain of that Body (the one connected with the head). BUT the dwarf bodies are turned into Stone now and "normal" must not have any effect in this.

thats why On the other Hand it still is possible that the conciousness of the great dwarf can Keep control over both Body parts even if seperated.

with this we are back to the question when it is TOO small to be contained within the multibodied hivemind.

A finger/ Thumb still big enough?

a Hand maybe? it could even move by its own effort

or arms/ legs?

is dust enough? did we already breathe in some dwarfes who got defeated during our adventure on the Island?

ist pretty funny to speculate bout stuff like that :)

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"norbes.3620" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > >

> > > If i remember correctly, their minds are also connected as the Great Dwarf, no? As if they were a single individual controlling several bodies. If that were true, they could intelligently inhibit broken parts to the point that 3 half dead dwarves become one fully functioning dwarf again

> >

> >

> > i totally forgot about this Hivemind Part. is it proven fact or was it just mentioned at some Point but never considerated?

> > cuz that would be indeed a big influence. And it left the question how strong is that Connection cuz we know that they Keep some individuality. the other Hand, those individuality could just be acted to interact better with the other races

>

> *The Great Dwarf, although worshiped as a god, is a collective consciousness. When King Jalis Ironhammer performed the Rite of the Great Dwarf and* **linked the minds of the Dwarves**, *they fulfilled the prophecy within the Tome of Rubicon. No one has ever seen the Great Dwarf in the flesh.*

>

> This is taking directly from the wiki. I also seem to remember it was spoken of in the cutscenes, but that by itself may be restricted to the concept of interpretation of wat *linking* means

It's not a single mind. The dwarves are still (obviously) individuals, and so much so that they are not capable of telling others still live or not (Rhodan thought he was the very last dwarf in S3). The exact dialogue from GW1 is this:

Party leader: "Are you going to undergo the rite, Ogden?"

Ogden Stonehealer: "Not I. Those who undergo the rite are changed in both body AND mind."

Jalis Ironhammer: "The Great Dwarf's power is upon you all!"

"Hurrah!"

Jalis Ironhammer: "The final battle lies before us! Great Destroyer against Great Dwarf!"

"Hurrah!"

Jalis Ironhammer: "In victory, the Dwarves will be changed forevermore!"

"Hurrah!"

Jalis Ironhammer: "We are ALL the Great Dwarf now!"

"Hurrah! For Deldrimor!"

Then later:

Jalis Ironhammer: "We have driven them back."

Ogden Stonehealer: "But at a huge cost, and the Destroyers are regrouping."

Jalis Ironhammer: "It does not matter! We are stone! We shall resist all their assaults."

Party leader: "I see what you mean, "changed in body and mind.""

Ogden Stonehealer: "Yes. Jalis Ironhammer is resolute, but the Destroyers are infinite, and they act as a single creature."

Gwen: "That's it. What if they ARE a single creature?"

Ogden Stonehealer: "What do you mean?"

Gwen: "The Great Dwarf's power is connected to Jalis's followers. What if the Great Destroyer's mind is connected to its minions."

I don't think we ever got in-game comment about the minds being linked in the sense of a hive mind. Rather, the rite changed their mentality to be nearly possessive in fighting the destroyers. The "collective consciousness" as far as I can remember, actually comes from an interview:

Jeff Grubb: The Great Dwarf can best be thought of as collective consciousness of the dwarves themselves (indeed, in making the prophesy of the Great Dwarf defeating the Great Destroyer coming true). Has anyone MET the Great Dwarf, and found him to be a real being? Well, that has not happened.

https://www.guildmag.com/gmblitz-lore-interview-with-jeff-grubb/

And, well, we know how they've treated interview information these past few years.