> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > Sword IS the warrior condi weapon ... if you don't see that, then obviously you don't understand the skills on it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Condi is what I'm talking about. Why would you assume I'm an idiot?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because not everything is about how much damage you can do. Stick with your auto attack I guess ... seems the complexity and benefit of the warrior burst mechanic is not clear to you.

> > > > >

> > > > > I love how you don't bother to explain either, just attack the guy for what he said.

> > > >

> > > > Because 10 stacks for 2s will do more damage per second than 5 stacks in 8 seconds.

> > > > It's called a **BURST** for a reason, it does a lot more damage in shorter period, if you're in a long fight you can intersperse this with the autos to keep the bleeds going, but you can front-load those bleeds with the burst skill to start high.

> > > > Basically for 90% of the game's content the burst is better than the auto, since the target won't live those 8 seconds it takes for the auto to get ahead. For bosses the autos are better, but you can use the burst on cooldown to just boost your DPS a great deal.

> > > >

> > > > Some math:

> > > > Imagining a player with only base stats (1000 condi damage, no expertise), which means a damage per tick of 82.

> > > >

> > > > With the burst you deliver 9-11 stacks of 2s bleeding (depending on adrenaline level) in 2,5s cast time, that means 1476 - 1804 damage in 2 seconds (738 - 902 DPS).

> > > > Auto attack chain delivers 3 stacks in a bit less than 2 (1.85) seconds that last 8s, so in the time of a single Flurry you can feasibly have those 4-5 bleed stacks mentioned by @"reikken.4961".

> > > > That's 2624 - 3280 damage in 8 seconds, but only 328 - 410 damage per second.

> > > >

> > > > NOTE: I'm talking about PVE, in PvP there's a lot more considerations to have. And still the burst will be immensely useful, if nothing else as a way to force a cleanse out of your adversary, or to get a strong tick after or before the cleanse.

> > > > Maths is based on wiki, i can't log into the game atm.

> > >

> > > I think people just want a bit more OMPF / Kaplao / BANG .

> > > The animation for flurry feels weak , you just stand there waving your sword a bit around.

> > > The Imob is nice but even with condi gear the dmg feels meh.

> > >

> > > A 8 second bleed just FEELS better then a 2 second bleed.

> > >

> > >

> > LOL! Come on man, don't try to BS people like that. How the hell is something so incrementally small and spread over time going to be "felt" more intensely than a +3x output in a short amount of time. At least try to make sense when you type man.

>

> I think you are taking it a bit to serious and im taking it a bit not serious enough.

What are you talking about flurry is SRS BSNS!

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > I don't think they play warrior so they're not sure themselves, they're just theory crafting. Like in wvw the sword burst you don't actually finish the entire animation because it's a waste you just do it long enough to get your AH/Cleansing Ire/Immobilize, things that someone theory crafting wouldn't know.

> >

> > That's my point, though. If a skill should always be cancelled in optimal use, there is something wrong with it.

>

> I fully agree with that. However (I'm talking WvW here) the main usage of sword on a warrior is for the Savage Leap skill to get you into and out of fights. The using of the burst is just something we do to get our cleansing ire, adrenal health, etc. We're not using the sword for it's intended purpose (so I'm not sure how much we can complain), we're using it because it has the benefit of a 600 range leap on an 8 second cool down. We use sword in WvW because on one handed mobility we don't really have any other good options (dagger isn't much mobility, dagger 2 is nothing you go the same distance in the same time by walking).

To be fair, if you're choosing a weapon in an MMO, especially one like GW2, for ONE skill, something is severely wrong.

Warrior typically doesn't need to worry about Sword not being a good weapon on its own because of an amazing thing called Fast Hands. Your main damage weapon will always be back in a few moments, which means you can Savage Leap, Final Thrust, and then be ready to swap back in a few seconds. Warrior also appreciates the extra mobility, especially on double melee kits, so having a low cooldown leap is nice (savage leap will always be available by the time you swap back to sword).

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > I don't think they play warrior so they're not sure themselves, they're just theory crafting. Like in wvw the sword burst you don't actually finish the entire animation because it's a waste you just do it long enough to get your AH/Cleansing Ire/Immobilize, things that someone theory crafting wouldn't know.

> > >

> > > That's my point, though. If a skill should always be cancelled in optimal use, there is something wrong with it.

> >

> > I fully agree with that. However (I'm talking WvW here) the main usage of sword on a warrior is for the Savage Leap skill to get you into and out of fights. The using of the burst is just something we do to get our cleansing ire, adrenal health, etc. We're not using the sword for it's intended purpose (so I'm not sure how much we can complain), we're using it because it has the benefit of a 600 range leap on an 8 second cool down. We use sword in WvW because on one handed mobility we don't really have any other good options (dagger isn't much mobility, dagger 2 is nothing you go the same distance in the same time by walking).

>

> To be fair, if you're choosing a weapon in an MMO, especially one like GW2, for ONE skill, something is severely wrong.

EXACTLY, but the problem is that no other single handed weapons offer the mobility we need. Don't get me wrong skill 3 can do some very nice damage, the problem is that it's extremely gimmicky on hitting someone, and they have to be <50% HP to do it right and when in a zerg you're mainly just cleaving if you're stuck on sword, the flurry plants you so if you're in a zerg you won't be using it unless you know you won't get bombed on when doing it. I think at the end of the day they need to change dagger to be our mobile single handed power weapon (increase the leap distance on dagger 2 and even maybe the F1) and let sword be condi like it should be.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > Sword IS the warrior condi weapon ... if you don't see that, then obviously you don't understand the skills on it.

> > >

> > > Condi is what I'm talking about. Why would you assume I'm an idiot?

> >

> > Because not everything is about how much damage you can do. Stick with your auto attack I guess ... seems the complexity and benefit of the warrior burst mechanic is not clear to you.

>

> I love how you don't bother to explain either, just attack the guy for what he said.

What is there to explain? If he can't figure it out and comes here immediately dismissing it as terrible, then you already know off the hop he's not here to have a meaningful discussion about what's good about it. Don't act like the thread is a well thought out discussion when it's really just a poorly veiled ruse to complain about sword burst skill, regardless of what it does.

I mean, the sad part here is that you're defending the approach the OP has to having a meaningful discussion with people about something ... I can't think of a WORSE way to start that discussion :/

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > Sword IS the warrior condi weapon ... if you don't see that, then obviously you don't understand the skills on it.

> > > >

> > > > Condi is what I'm talking about. Why would you assume I'm an idiot?

> > >

> > > Because not everything is about how much damage you can do. Stick with your auto attack I guess ... seems the complexity and benefit of the warrior burst mechanic is not clear to you.

> >

> > I love how you don't bother to explain either, just attack the guy for what he said.

>

> What is there to explain? If he can't figure it out and comes here immediately dismissing it as terrible, then you already know off the hop he's not here to have a meaningful discussion about what's good about it. Don't act like the thread is a well thought out discussion when it's really just a poorly veiled ruse to complain about sword burst skill, regardless of what it does.

>

> I mean, the sad part here is that you're defending the approach the OP has to having a meaningful discussion with people about something ... I can't think of a WORSE way to start that discussion :/

And now you attack me because you won't bother to explain. That seems to be what you enjoy, to put people down while doing nothing but rambling and insulting.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > Sword IS the warrior condi weapon ... if you don't see that, then obviously you don't understand the skills on it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Condi is what I'm talking about. Why would you assume I'm an idiot?

> > > >

> > > > Because not everything is about how much damage you can do. Stick with your auto attack I guess ... seems the complexity and benefit of the warrior burst mechanic is not clear to you.

> > >

> > > I love how you don't bother to explain either, just attack the guy for what he said.

> >

> > What is there to explain? If he can't figure it out and comes here immediately dismissing it as terrible, then you already know off the hop he's not here to have a meaningful discussion about what's good about it. Don't act like the thread is a well thought out discussion when it's really just a poorly veiled ruse to complain about sword burst skill, regardless of what it does.

> >

> > I mean, the sad part here is that you're defending the approach the OP has to having a meaningful discussion with people about something ... I can't think of a WORSE way to start that discussion :/

>

> And now you attack me because you won't bother to explain. That seems to be what you enjoy, to put people down while doing nothing but rambling and insulting.

Hey, a spade is a spade; you're defending someone that doesn't seem to understand why their conclusion about sword burst doesn't make sense ... and being stubborn about not admitting it when told otherwise. Why would you do that, other than to garner yourself some undesirable attention?

Besides ... didn't you read the thread? Other people gave good explanations why it's not terrible. I also attempted to explain it to the guy ... so maybe you should pay more attention to what's happening here before you spout off on people about how they 'didnt' bother to explain' why it's not terrible to stubborn people that don't really want to be proven wrong in the first place. You might have some point IF the OP was not just asking a rhetorical question to simply crap on Sword Burst. Maybe it's just you that doesn't understand what's going on here.