Mesmer "balance"

dude.2950

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"dude.2950" said:

> > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

>

> Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> Oh and the Condi spam

I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"dude.2950" said:

> > > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

> >

> > Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> > Oh and the Condi spam

>

> I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

> 2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

> 3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

> 5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

> 2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

>

> As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

That was a joke.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"dude.2950" said:

> > > > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

> > >

> > > Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> > > Oh and the Condi spam

> >

> > I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

> > 2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

> > 3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

> > 5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

> > 2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

> >

> > As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

>

> That was a joke.

It's hard to tell what with the text and everything.

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > @"dude.2950" said:

> > > > > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

> > > >

> > > > Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> > > > Oh and the Condi spam

> > >

> > > I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

> > > 2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

> > > 3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

> > > 5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

> > > 2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

> > >

> > > As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

> >

> > That was a joke.

>

> It's hard to tell what with the text and everything.

tbh though who belives in 110% stealth and 100 second evade frame.

http://prntscr.com/jl918n

Phantasm dmg is what it should be for a bunker like chrono. This will push spellbreaker forward and mirage even more of course, but at least we don't have to deal with the chrono rave any longer. I still reckon it's alright, though. It does it's job at bunkering a point and I would still play it for fun, but it no longer poses a threat to big duelers like sb or mirage. It belongs in C tier now imo. Sb nerfs incoming?

edit: after a bit more consideration and play time on chrono post nerfs it seems the bountiful nerf has really negatively the 'bunkeriness' of the mesmer. The 1 second stability duration is a big hit. Definitely not seeing any play from now on

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > @"dude.2950" said:

> > > > > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

> > > >

> > > > Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> > > > Oh and the Condi spam

> > >

> > > I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

> > > 2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

> > > 3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

> > > 5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

> > > 2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

> > >

> > > As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

> >

> > That was a joke.

>

> It's hard to tell what with the text and everything.

I think the 110% stealth says everything . But believe me it WILL come.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > @"dude.2950" said:

> > > > > > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> > > > > Oh and the Condi spam

> > > >

> > > > I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

> > > > 2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

> > > > 3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

> > > > 5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

> > > > 2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

> > > >

> > > > As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

> > >

> > > That was a joke.

> >

> > It's hard to tell what with the text and everything.

>

> tbh though who belives in 110% stealth and 100 second evade frame.

I mean if the forums are anything to go on about every other to every third person.

> @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> What is this bunker chrono everyone is talking about, I've seen no matches where a chrono can hold a cap with enough sustain that isn't done better by Scourge, firebrand, warr or ele. Chrono bunker got nerfed about 2 years ago.

They were normally the ones that ran far, not mid, and couldn't be beaten 1v1 unless they played poorly. This is why they were banned from competitive scenes and nerfed. They made a comeback after the mesmer rework that gave them the ability to spam a large amount of high damaging phantasms while traiting fully into survival and even using tankier amulets. Now they'll still be able to tank but not burst enemies down at the same time.

> What is this bunker chrono everyone is talking about, I've seen no matches where a chrono can hold a cap with enough sustain that isn't done better by Scourge, firebrand, warr or ele. Chrono bunker got nerfed about 2 years ago.

There has been at least one every single match I've been in all season long. Check godsofpvp.net it's probably still on there in the mesmer section.

It made the survivability of spellbreaker, ele druid and Firebrand a joke and had higher sustained damage than a holosmith.. The last monthly tournament final had 5 of them between 10 players. 2 on one team and 3 on the other.

If you aren't aware of what is even happening in Spvp this season why do you care?

> > > @"dude.2950" said:

> > > Now that mesmer has been balanced, what class will forum be complaining about next ?

> >

> > Mesmer . They nerfed the dmg but not the 110% stealth uptime and the 100 second evade chain.

> > Oh and the Condi spam

>

> I know you're exaggerating to make your point but I'll go ahead and list the stealth options anyway:

> 2 seconds on Signet of Midnight 30 second cooldown

> 3 seconds on The Prestige and Decoy 30 second and 40 second cooldowns respectively

> 5 seconds on Mass Invis which nobody runs. Ever.

> 2 seconds on Veil, but y'know dat cooldown

>

> As far as evade chains go, you can't actually do the ridiculous 12 second evade chain unless you give up your spots for portal and blink and even then Desert Distortion effectively just increases Distortions timer by 3 seconds. It's not that overbearing.

Well if you only survive 12s that's 100% uptime bruh

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > What is this bunker chrono everyone is talking about, I've seen no matches where a chrono can hold a cap with enough sustain that isn't done better by Scourge, firebrand, warr or ele. Chrono bunker got nerfed about 2 years ago.

>

> There has been at least one every single match I've been in all season long. Check godsofpvp.net it's probably still on there in the mesmer section.

>

> It made the survivability of spellbreaker, ele druid and Firebrand a joke and had higher sustained damage than a holosmith.. The last monthly tournament final had 5 of them between 10 players. 2 on one team and 3 on the other.

>

> If you aren't aware of what is even happening in Spvp this season why do you care?

I'm telling you what I've seen all season, and I play a lot. I've just not seen any chrono bunkers at all. If you're talking about the top 0.05 of Mes players that can play at that level. That is great...for them. But out of tournaments and legendary who is playing at that level, not that many. I main chrono, so I actually know what I'm talking about. It is possible if you are very very good to be unkillable if you play perfect rotations and know all other classes skills strengths and weakness, but how many players can do that, relatively very few. However this is can be said of other classes too.

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"Vague Memory.2817" said:

> > > What is this bunker chrono everyone is talking about, I've seen no matches where a chrono can hold a cap with enough sustain that isn't done better by Scourge, firebrand, warr or ele. Chrono bunker got nerfed about 2 years ago.

> >

> > There has been at least one every single match I've been in all season long. Check godsofpvp.net it's probably still on there in the mesmer section.

> >

> > It made the survivability of spellbreaker, ele druid and Firebrand a joke and had higher sustained damage than a holosmith.. The last monthly tournament final had 5 of them between 10 players. 2 on one team and 3 on the other.

> >

> > If you aren't aware of what is even happening in Spvp this season why do you care?

>

> I'm telling you what I've seen all season, and I play a lot. I've just not seen any chrono bunkers at all. If you're talking about the top 0.05 of Mes players that can play at that level. That is great...for them. But out of tournaments and legendary who is playing at that level, not that many. I main chrono, so I actually know what I'm talking about. It is possible if you are very very good to be unkillable if you play perfect rotations and know all other classes skills strengths and weakness, but how many players can do that, relatively very few. However this is can be said of other classes too.

>

You probably aren't seeing them because Bunker Chrono was so overpowered, braindead easy and foolproof that just running the spec guaranteed at least plat 1 or higher even if al they were capable of was standing still on the node and spamming buttons.