Ranger Pet Skins

It would be neat but id be concerned with how much wed be charged to do this if it got implemented, if it was no more than say a mini would cost i wouldnt have any issues, on top of that it would need to be either disabled or have the option to be in PVP.

I'm a ranger main and collecting the pets are part of it - I wouldn't want them all looking the same. In fact there are quite a few both land and water, so I'm guessing people would want skins for them all.

If i wanted anything it would be more pets. I kinda wouldn't mind a baby dragon or a scarab. But not a skin.

No, I'd rather the resources be spent on content all my characters can use. The idea overall makes me twitch, since it takes a step toward putting actual pets in the gem store, and the fundamental profession mechanic should not have elements stuck behind a paywall.

Think the company is missing an opportunity on monetizing things like different shroud effects, holoforge, pets, necro minions, etc. The counterargument that different models will "confuse" people (easily fixable making WvW and PvP default to standard skins) is pretty weak.

DotA2 does this to a much deeper extent and it's amazing for the most part.

The only issue I see with it is the scope is severely limited to one profession. Say in GW1 it may have worked as everyone could have a pet so long as they picked up ranger as a secondary class. Perhaps though something along the lines of this could still work such as class specific skins or idles that could be added. I think that would be quite interesting and ranger pets could be included in that scope.